Relic Wraiths

The tower awaits!

Relic Wraiths

Postby Svalin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:32 am

Relic wraith are basically copies of the summoners right? I've run into some really strange combos. So many brutal fairies and lifegiver slimes, Is this an actual thing? like a build or just rng messing with me
Svalin

Re: Relic Wraiths

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:02 am

Relic Wraiths may be missing things the player they were made from had (most notably, uniques, which are never allowed in relic wraith parties), but they never invent anything out of whole cloth. If you ran into a Brutal Faerie on a Relic Wraith, someone out there made one. :D ...which actually, is pretty hard to do, given Brutal isn't a natural mod for many demons to pass on through fusion.

You'd usually have to find a random modified demon, rather than being able to use one as it comes.. I think Chachapuma is the earliest demon that naturally gives Brutal unless I'm forgetting one.

Edit: erroneously said uniques weren't allowed in summoner parties, I meant relic wraith parties :) Fixed above. They most certainly can and do show up w/ enemy summoners sometimes, but never relic wraiths.
Ferret

Postby Svalin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:15 am

I think I've seen Brutal Zombies with west, but I might be mistaken? So Brutal fairy shouldn't be a thing? Also, is their any advantage to life-bringer slimes I've seen a few of those, I'd have though it'd be better to put it on something with more magic, Unless they're doing it for the Vitality, but that seems like such a waste so early on.

Edit: Happy 1000th Post
Svalin

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:26 am

Oh, hey, I did hit 1000. :D Neat! Thank you. :)

Oh, no, I didn't mean Brutal Fairy shouldn't be a thing. Lemme explain a little better:

Demons, inherently, have a modifier they pass on when fused. For example, Huo Shu pass on Fiery. A perfectly normal Huo Shu, if Fused with a Goblin, makes a Fiery Goblin.

However, the Tower sometimes randomly applies modifiers to demons... however, it does so according to some rules that basically are designed to prevent badly mismatched modifiers. These rules forbid Brutal Faeries, whose Strength and Vitality are deemed to low to actually be a good fit for Brutal.

Enemy summoners have an AI for creating their parties: on the topic of modifiers, they also follow this rule, so a Brutal Faerie is not possible from them either. Corpse encounters also use this rule.

HOWEVER: When a demon does have a modifier, it overrides the one it naturally passes. To resume our Huo Shu example, if a Huo Shu managed to spawn with the Brutal modifier (which it does qualify for), it would now pass Brtual, rather than Fiery, if Fused.

When I said a Brutal Faerie would be hard to do, I was referring to two facts: 1) There aren't many demons that naturally pass Brutal, 2) Faeries in the wild can't qualify. So it IS possible... but it requires something like our Brutal Huo Shu to appear, or someone being patient enough to wait for a Chachapuma or other demon that naturally passes Brutal when Fused.

As to Lifegiver Slimes... it actually isn't the worst idea ever. They do end up with monstrously good Vitality and HP, and their Magic gets bumped just high enough to be passable. There are probably worse things to have than a ridiculously tanky healer, even if it does have iffy Magic and a slightly less than average Speed.

Notably: Lifegiver Slime *is* allowed by the various random systems... Slimes have just barely enough Magic to qualify. It is in fact, one of the few modifiers Slimes *do* qualify for.. their horrid Agility actually shuts them out of a great many.
Ferret

Postby Svalin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:33 am

I can just imagine a Lifegiver slime getting spiked by something because of those weaknesses though,

And Ah I think I get your point with the fairy, being that someone went out of their way to create a brutal fairy(For whatever reason)?
Svalin

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:58 am

Slime's weaknesses are bad... but a Lifegiver Slime is packing (between high Vit, bonus for being modified, bonus for excessively bad resistance table, and bonus for -10% Speed) about 50% more HP than most demons their level. At that point the weaknesses aren't as bad a problem as they appear to be.

As for the Faerie: Yeah, either they went out of their way, or they just got lucky and found a Brutal demon and didn't realize how rare it was... which seems likely for someone who would make a Brutal Fairy. :D Barring extreme luck on the ability rolls, they don't have much to redeem them: there are ways to get high Agl/Cun for status-based melee without picking Faerie. :D
Ferret

Return to General Discussion