Discord server?

The tower awaits!

Discord server?

Postby Svalin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:23 pm

Is there an "official" discord server for the game? If so could someone throw the link in this thread?
Svalin

Re: Discord server?

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:45 pm

If there is, I haven't heard of it. :D But, if you come across or make one, lemme know, I'll probably pop by now and then. :D
Ferret

Postby Svalin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:35 am

Perhaps contact the people who run the roguelike discord and see if you can get a text channel there?

Link: https://discord.gg/g8vrCJa
Svalin

Postby Ferret » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:56 am

Hmm..

If I remember right, that place is based in the main Reddit roguelike thread, and most (all?) of the games they have channels for are ones that are listed as Major or Popular roguelikes. Demon hasn't earned that distinction in the Reddit thread, which I strongly suspect is a pre-req for getting them to make a channel for it in the Discord.

I could probably ask, but... if I'm being honest, I'm not sure even I can make the case for Demon there just yet. The size of the player base is slowly increasing... but only slowly, and it is still pretty small even by roguelike standards. The only times Demon is ever mentioned on the reddit at all in stray comments made in this post or that post, so I feel like it'd be asking a bit much to elevate Demon to "Popular"... and it certainly isn't "Major" either :P

Anyway, I think I'd rather wait until we're a bit bigger before I ask the main Reddit and/or its Discord about adding Demon to the list. :) I think the time *will* come, but I wanna wait until I'm more certain it will work. If I ask and am declined, it may be more difficult to get it done later.
Ferret

Postby Svalin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:58 am

That's fair, Was just asking because sometimes I have questions and I'm to lazy to make a thread/post about them, and a discord channel would be a good place to leave questions
Svalin

Postby Ferret » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Yeah, I can definitely see the benefits of one. :D I'm hoping Demon eventually ends up in both places, but I have some work to do before then. :D
Ferret

Postby Raiju » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Hey, I decided to make Demon a discord server to use and build it up to be its own server instead of being apart of another server.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/Q7ZVNnB

:D
*Starts a negotiation with a faerie* *Spends 2670g for a basic faerie's forgiveness* 10/10.
Raiju

Return to General Discussion