Combat Mechanics: Power, Damage, Healing

The tower awaits!

Re: Combat Mechanics: Power, Damage, Healing

Postby Ferret » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:58 pm

It affects those as well: Cunning isn't very helpful with the low base Shock chances, but can become quite useful if you're boosting it with those passives. :D
Ferret

Postby geminimax » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Oh, nice.I'm still have a strong belief that electricity in general needs a buff. Doesn't even have to be something big, maybe a new ability like refresh that transfers more sp, or maybe an area refresh(so the sp restoration theme could be used better). By the way, can refresh's cooldown be reduced to 0 with that demas passive?
geminimax

Postby geminimax » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:18 pm

Is the chance of bolt chain shock affected by elec's passives?
geminimax

Postby Ferret » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Yep. :) Though, given how relatively low Bolt Chain's base chance is compared to most other sources, it will probably be hard to tell the difference unless you have some of the bigger bonuses in play.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Oh, and I forgot to answer your other question, but no, Demas' passive can't reduce cooldowns below 1.
Ferret

Postby geminimax » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:13 pm

Do all abilities have the same base chance to hit(excluding, of course, abilities that explicitly mention their accuracy)?
geminimax

Postby Ferret » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:24 pm

Yeah, there are no "hidden" variances in accuracy between abilities: if an ability does not say otherwise, it has a base accuracy of 85%.
Ferret

Postby Gaswafers » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:31 am

Is there a reason why all abilities HAVE to cost a multiple of 5 SP?
Gaswafers

Postby Ferret » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:10 am

Well... exactly 5? No. :) But, I can explain, sort of, how it happened. This isn't the exact thought process, but it will get the same point across.

Imagine I started with a system where you had 20 MaxSP, and abilities could cost any amount of SP: 1, 2, 3, etc, and you recovered 1 SP a turn.

But, then I wanted to do some SP restoration effects that were less than a turn's worth of SP, such as Vigorous's passive SP regen, or Bloodlust's SP recovery when hitting multiple targets.

The choices at that point are either nasty fractions, or inflating everything I had so far by 5, so that now there's room to play between "zero" and "one turn of SP".

Of course, having done that, I could also use that new room to have abilities that cost fractional parts of turns too, such as an 8 SP ability for "one and four-tenths a turn"... but I like that keeping it multiples of default SP recovery makes it easy to see how many turns it takes to get the SP back, and so far, I haven't needed that much granularity in terms of SP costs for abilities.
Ferret

Postby Gaswafers » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:18 am

You said in the other thread that breath abilities benefit from tireless. Does that mean their power goes above what is listed on the tooltip?

If so, do the same rules apply to abilities that look at HP% vs characters with extra maxHP? Does having stolen maxHP cause affection to heal above its listed maximum power, and does exorcism deal above its maximum listed power vs targets with stolen maxHP?
Gaswafers

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion