Combat Mechanics: Power, Damage, Healing

The tower awaits!

Re: Combat Mechanics: Power, Damage, Healing

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:44 am

Yeah, Guilt is based on the Max HP of the character it heals, not the damage being dealt.

Granted, a Faerie has relatively low HP, but it will only be held back by this, not by its low damage...

...and that said, it is a relatively low % too :P The Faerie may still do better not going in for this experiment. :D Guilt is more about helping your group as a whole sustain over a longer fight, rather than helping any individual member significantly.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:01 am

I've just realized that probably I misunderstood explanation about Pariah. So it deals different damage to different demons and that amount has nothing to do with demon who is under Pariah or with demon who hit it, right? So it does not matter if it is Ogre under Pariah or Faerie and if I hit it with Malingee or Gandayah, every hostile demon in sight just loses N% of its own max HP, correct? Sorry, I have problems understanding English pronouns sometimes ;)
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:10 am

No worries. :) Yes, your explanation there is correct. :D
Ferret

Postby geminimax » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:52 pm

Does each hit of maul check for accuracy or it's only one check for both of them?
geminimax

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:16 pm

Both hits check it...wait...

Er... nope. :D Only the second hit does, because of a bug you just helped me find. :D Good catch, and it'll be fixed in the next build.

For now: First hit is... apparently... auto hit (!), second hit checks accuracy.

Next build: Both will check it.

I have the dopey accuracy type set wrong. :P
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:42 am

Two questions:
1) I am on Tower:12 and silver/gold matrix still gives resistance to ice instead of immunity for frigid. Should I go deeper?
2) Do unsummoned demons cure rotted max HP with XP too or should they be summoned/deployed for that?
Thank you.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:02 am

1) Silver/Gold matrices give modifiers based on the demon you sacrifice rather than the Tower floor you're on. Polar (the rank 2 Ice modifier) doesn't show up until Tower:11, so look for an Ice-themed demon that generally appears on or after T:11 for the first time: Barbegazi for example. One of those would likely provide the Polar modifier for you.

2) Unsummoned demons will recover MaxHP as they gain XP. (As a consequence, MaxHP is generally not nearly as bad for them as it is for the player, as a result, unless it's a key ally you rely on heavily, or if it builds up on many of your allies.)
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:43 am

Ferret wrote:1) Silver/Gold matrices give modifiers based on the demon you sacrifice rather than the Tower floor you're on. Polar (the rank 2 Ice modifier) doesn't show up until Tower:11, so look for an Ice-themed demon that generally appears on or after T:11 for the first time: Barbegazi for example. One of those would likely provide the Polar modifier for you.

Thanks! Is it possible to give this info somewhere in the game? Maybe in monster description something like "It gives Foo modifier".
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:48 am

I've put on the "polish stuff" list... but it probably won't get hit until after at least the next content push.
Ferret

Postby mbj » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:39 am

This number factors in an all-things-being-average hit rate of 85% (which is the base accuracy of any attack that doesn't say otherwise.)

Does this mean a spell like snuff out is also affected by agility/evasion and agility/accuracy? And how about that smite targeted 85 power lightning spell that says 70% chance to hit regardless of acc/ev? If you can't boost the chances of it hitting in any way, it seems like a really weak spell for the cost.
mbj

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion