Combat Mechanics: Power, Damage, Healing

The tower awaits!

Re: Combat Mechanics: Power, Damage, Healing

Postby Ferret » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:19 pm

Only up front immunity counts for blocking the entire ability, I mean. i.e.: If something was Immune to Piercing, the Electricity damage and Shock would not even be attempted.
Ferret

Postby geminimax » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:03 am

Does ignite triggers pariah's damage? Also, can this be the official stupid questions thread please? :P
geminimax

Postby Ferret » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:19 am

Nope! Ignite actually does damage every tick of time, so that'd be a bit insane. :D

You can ask questions anywhere you want really, at least while the forum is so lightly populated that any new post stands out. :D
Ferret

Postby geminimax » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:26 pm

Loving the new update, but i also have more questions now. How does the new leadership mechanic works? Is it like an reverse turn delay? And does malleable stacks with other sources of health regen like warmth?
geminimax

Postby Ferret » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:29 pm

Yes, Leadership and similar bonuses are basically the reverse of staggering/turn delay. :) They're not always enough to give the target an extra turn immediately, but used over time, they definitely result in more turns.

And yes, Malleable's bonus applies to Warmth too. :D
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:11 pm

How does Pariah work? Affected demon got 5 damage from my demon, another monster got 1 damage from pariah. Is it 20%? Does it depend on number of monsters in range?
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Pariah's damage has nothing to do with the damage the Pariah'd target takes. Instead, it hits each demon for a (tiny) % of their maximum HP.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:50 am

Ferret wrote:Pariah's damage has nothing to do with the damage the Pariah'd target takes. Instead, it hits each demon for a (tiny) % of their maximum HP.

Probably it should be mentioned somewhere in the game as it is more important to use the ability vs monsters with high max HP like Ogres than to use attackers with high damage like Malingee.
Also does it mean that if I attack the monster twice with one attack (Maul if I remember correct), Pariah spreads damage twice?
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:20 am

I'll update the manual to be a bit more specific on how Pariah (and Guilt, which is similar) work.

And yeah, multi-hit attacks such as Maul will trigger it twice. :D Indeed, this sort of thing is what Maul was meant for. :D
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:25 am

Thanks ;)
What do you mean as Guilt being similar? It is different from Leech Bite and uses target max HP % instead? So it can be a good idea to melee an Ogre under Guilt with Faerie, right? :)
Sandman25

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion