What do you choose for your first ally?

The tower awaits!

What do you choose for your first ally?

Postby onget » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:37 pm

I always choice faerie. It has the only healing ability and is rarest first ally.
onget

Re: What do you choose for your first ally?

Postby Ferret » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Hmm...these days, I tend to flip between Red Cap, Raicho, Zombie, or Will o' Wisp depending on my build. I like Red Cap for having a starting ranged attack ally (even if it's a bit iffy), Raicho seems to work well for me with support builds, I pick Zombie when I want to rush Flesheater on a melee, and Will o' Wisp whenever I'm not picking one of the other three.

Once I have the ability icons done, I'll go ahead and implement the new 4 starter demons coming in the next build ASAP so I can take screenshots post them here so we can see if anyone plans to change their answer when they show up. :D I think they'll make things a bit different in the lower floors for sure.
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:24 pm

I like Freybug if I'm a character with high SP abilities just so I can buy Tormentor immediately

Wisps are my go to if I want an easy first coupla floors

I usually just go with a random starter- it only gets me in trouble if I have something without an attack and I also don't have a good attack option, then only get 'Defeat Me' links in the first few floors.
wizzzargh

Postby zombie troll » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:26 am

faerie for keeping credit. It is worth about 300C(to get faerie). too HUGE :)
zombie troll

Postby Halaku » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:40 am

Still very new at it, but so far I'm trying to spread out and diversify with a strong preference towards the fairy.
Healing is just so useful, and as long as the Summoner is able to kill things the fairy is a good support that can spread healing and the dodging ability to the rest of the team.
Halaku

Postby Ferret » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:36 am

Oh, hey, welcome to the forum Halaku. :D

In theory, all of the starters have use in at least some builds, but some are definitely more general purpose than others. :D Other than when you're playing a healer yourself, it's hard to go wrong with Faerie. :D
Ferret

Postby Halaku » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:01 am

Thank you for the welcome, really enjoying the game and looking forward to the new demons on the devblog.

Also finding the wisp to be surprisingly more powerful than I originally expected, a pleasant surprise.
Halaku

Postby Ferret » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:11 am

Wisps are probably the strongest combatant of the starting allies... though their abilities are of limited use for any builds except the sort they run.
Ferret

Postby LuckyLuckLuc » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Random is the best demon
LuckyLuckLuc

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:42 am

I'll do a formal preview, but for nowwwwww:

Since I'm sure people will ask:

Emit Light & Dark: 55 Power melee attacks of the specified element. 5 SP cost, cannot miss, no cooldown.
Restore: Self-only 105 Power heal. 5 turn Restore cooldown (not shared with any other abilities.) Notably not a free action... but Restore is also notably a normal, time-based cooldown.
Exhausting Touch: 70 Power attack that removes 15 SP. 15 SP cost.
Piercing Gaze: 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. 5 SP cost, 3 turn Presence cooldown.
Harass: A cheaper, shorter range, less turn-delaying version of Haunt. Only 20 SP and 4 turn Dark cooldown, as opposed to Haunt's 30 SP and 6 turn, but can only be used at range 2-3 and only has 1 70% chance to delay the target's turn, not 2. Still a free action though.
Poison Touch: 70 Power attack with a 50% chance to cause Poison. 10 SP.
Lucky Aid: Chosen at random with equal weight: 105 Power heal, restore 25 SP, or remove all negative status effects. 15 SP cost, 4 turn Luck cooldown.
Ferret

Next

Return to General Discussion