What do you choose for your first ally?

The tower awaits!

Re: What do you choose for your first ally?

Postby Remora » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:13 am

I've been choosing raicho a lot recently for the first ally, usually for melee PCs. It's not for much of any strategy or abilities, though, but it still helps with linking with echeneis and malingees on the first floor. I usually get echeneis, malingee, and a fairy too. I might get another demon for certain abilities right off the bat.

Given those new demons, I think I'd go for sankai first. Recently I've been finding poison to be very strong, and I can imagine poison touch and its more powerful versions to be very good.
Remora

Postby Gaswafers » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:44 am

I thought poison touch was just going to be a melee range envenom because it looked like the two grasp spells instead of the touch spells.

I almost always use malingee as my starter because I mostly play support. It gives me the damage I need for early captures and can still win its worst early game matchup(against raicho). Trying to capture a malingee is a pain unless you use the ice fish, and the ice fish gets destroyed by raicho.
Gaswafers

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 am

It might make me cry, but if it's too confusing, I can rework the Poison Touch family of spells icons. I think I'd rather break that convention than reinforce though, on second thought: there are lots of touch spells and I need different looking icons for some of them even though most do damage. :D
Ferret

Postby Gaswafers » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:58 am

You could turn the icon of "grasp" spells into a fist by retracting the finger. Although doesn't it seem like purely status afflicting abilities should be "touch" and things that deal damage should be "grasp"? Might be too confusing to switch now.
Gaswafers

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:25 pm

I might be able to make a switch like that during the transition from alpha to beta, or beta to release, if I decide I really want to, but yeah, I don't think I want to do it at the moment.

In other news, Lucky Aid has already been massively buffed because as it turns out, 3 random but very different effects on one ability isn't that useful otherwise. :P I pretty much went back to my original idea, it's basically a heal stone (33% heal, ignores Magic bonus), chakra stone (50 SP), or pure stone (minus the MaxHP restore, of course)... trying it with 0 SP cost and a Luck (3) cooldown for now.
Ferret

Postby Bormoth » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:25 am

Ferret wrote:I might be able to make a switch like that during the transition from alpha to beta, or beta to release, if I decide I really want to, but yeah, I don't think I want to do it at the moment.

In other news, Lucky Aid has already been massively buffed because as it turns out, 3 random but very different effects on one ability isn't that useful otherwise. :P I pretty much went back to my original idea, it's basically a heal stone (33% heal, ignores Magic bonus), chakra stone (50 SP), or pure stone (minus the MaxHP restore, of course)... trying it with 0 SP cost and a Luck (3) cooldown for now.

I would say it is pretty strong ability, and that's why I like abbey lubber as first creature, I am more likely to convince zaltis to join plus they together cover few weakneses enemy might have early on. Lucky aid is quite good secondary heal SP restoration effect, and prurity effect saved so many times.
Bormoth

Postby Elysium » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:07 pm

I really like Malingee as starting demon, it's one of the more powerful options because it blocks slash and pierce. Paradoxically, the malingee helps with recruiting the echeneis because its melee just wrecks the echeneis, especially paired with another melee character. Gandayah's also nice, helps with Orb dart builds.
Elysium

Previous

Return to General Discussion