My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs.

Postby Saler » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Yes, I could still summon 3 non-ice weak demons. Exept I fused recently, so it's more of a problem.
Unless Anomaly 3 had a single Anomaly Portal in a corner, I mostly cleared Anomaly. Cleared Anomaly 1 and 2 aswell as Python's Sanctum. Left Anomaly 3 with, I think, 1 demon group and a hero.
Python didn't cause too much trouble. Sure, he was hiting hard and was being healed, but it was manageble. Didn't try to recruit him because I ran into him earlier that his head helpers. Recruited it's Solid Ruhin. Was thinking of Soul Armoring it, but decided that it was too expensive. I recruited Ilomba earlier, but didn't use it and sacrificed it to Ruhin.
Anomaly 2 also wasn't very troublesome. It had tough fights, but nothing that troubled me too much. I exchanged my Solid Ruhinfor a normal one to get it's blessed modifer. I also killed Zaji and got Regenerate.
Anomaly 3 was the troublesome one. I quickly run into Ludoc. And he decided to spread Block Pierce and Elecrical attacks in his party. How did he know that I was a Pierce/Buff Titan's Fist user?! :x And soon after, I ran into Paracelsus. Because I recently fused, I had only 5 demons, so that battle was probably 6 vs 8 thanks to his expansion. And his entire team kept healing, slowing my demons and teleporting and geting in my way and being SUPER annoying! :x His party was practicly built for survival!
After all of THAT, I try to recruit a Brutal Gremlin, but initiate the limk a bit too late and he burns to death as I chase him. Afterwards I run into Maderva, and relise that I have next to no means of damaging her. It feels like you absolutely need a good Electrical demon to kill her. There was a group of Aithers left, but I didn't want to risk it with Maderva nearby. So there was a bit of unexplore map and I didn't get a chance to check any corpses.
I think that my team is good. I have good healing, Weight Sin and all debuffs exept for OFF and SPD down and, with Headless's buff slashs, all buffs exept for SPD up. And the High survivability of my character I mentioned before is further increased with DEF up and Regenerete.
There was something that might be a bug that hapend in the fight with Paracelsus. One of his demons had both Expel and King's Mien. It started targeting full HP targets with Expel just to inflict Guilt. That doesn't seem like a good tactical decision to me, personaly.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Pierce and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 4751,
is currently at Tower:6,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 9
MaxHP: 72
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 34
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 22
Agility : 30
Cunning : 5

Resist: Body
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Impale (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Riposte (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to attacks by adjacent enemies that miss you or that you dodge or parry with a 70 Power attack.)
3) Fervor (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) Ghost Pierce (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Moves you to different, randomly selected, position adjacent to the target.)
6) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
7) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Quick Dismiss (Makes Dismiss a free action with a 1 turn cooldown.)

Inventory:
1 Pure gem
1 Mirror chime
2 Heal stone
1 Chakra gem
3 Pure stone
2 Chakra stone
1 Gold offering

Current Credits: 536

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 35 / 114 (30% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        2          0          0          6*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          6*         0         
Pierce       2*         0          0          6*         0         
Fire         1          0          3          3*         0         
Ice          0          0          1          2*         3         
Electricity  0          0          0          4          2*         
Body         0          0          2*         3          1         
Mind         0          0          1          5*         0         
Light        1          0          1          3*         2         
Dark         0          0          1          5*         0         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Solid Malingee
Level: 8
MaxHP: 64

Strength: 27
Magic   : 5
Vitality: 25
Agility : 22
Cunning : 11

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
5) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
6) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)

Name : Cursed Kasha
MaxHP: 51

Strength: 10
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 13
Agility : 19
Cunning : 35

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
6) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
8) ------------

Name : Blessed Headless
MaxHP: 86

Strength: 22
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 37
Agility : 12
Cunning : 12

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
4) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
5) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
6) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
7) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)

Name : Lifegiver Ukobach
Level: 7
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 7
Magic   : 27
Vitality: 16
Agility : 18
Cunning : 17

Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Searing Touch (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
6) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
8) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)

Name : Faerie
Level: 6
MaxHP: 43

Strength: 6
Magic   : 20
Vitality: 8
Agility : 26
Cunning : 20

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 10 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Nevermind then.
 You begin resting.
 You continue resting to restore your inactive
 allies.
 Rest complete.
 Using Summon...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute, Escape to
 cancel.
 You summon your kasha!
 Using Summon...
 cancel.
 You summon Headless!
 Using Summon...
 cancel.
 You summon your malingee!
 You will not be able to return to this branch
 once you leave. Are you sure you wish to leave?
 (Y or N)
 There is a corpse here. You can press 'g' to
 search the corpse.
 You search the corpse...
 You find nothing of interest.
 There is a warp to Tower:6 here. Press 'p', '<',
 or '>' to change levels.
 There is a corpse here. You can press 'g' to
 search the corpse.
 Using Dash...
 cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 You search the corpse...
 You manage to extract an ability from the damaged
 relic!
 You can learn Mind Blast. Accept? (Y or N)
 There is a warp to Tower:6 here. Press 'p', '<',
 or '>' to change levels.
 You will not be able to return to this level once
 you leave. Are you sure you wish to leave? (Y or
 N)
 Your game has been saved.
 You may press shift + Q to quit the game and
 resume where you left off later.
 Save and exit? (Y or N)
 Alright then.

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Gandayah
Level: 4
MaxHP: 45
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 14
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 20
Agility : 10
Cunning : 9

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jiang shi
Level: 2
MaxHP: 38

Strength: 15
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 14
Agility : 16
Cunning : 9

Resist: Body Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Freybug
Level: 6
MaxHP: 46

Strength: 13
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 13
Agility : 19
Cunning : 26

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ilomba
Level: 4
MaxHP: 37

Strength: 13
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 12
Agility : 20
Cunning : 14

Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 65% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Solid Ruhin
MaxHP: 62

Vitality: 28
Agility : 23
Cunning : 22

Immune: Body

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
6) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ruhin
MaxHP: 50

Magic   : 14
Vitality: 18
Agility : 24
Cunning : 27

Abilities Known:
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Hehe. :) I promise, the AI does *not* consider the player's party when building summoner parties. :) However, Ludoc's settings are such that he tends to end up with a supporty/survivaly party more often than not. (It's rarely so good as to have the specific Blocks that foil your setup, however. :P )

Madevra's definitely a tough: Electricity helps quite a bit, though Mind, Body and Dark can also get by her defenses fairly easy. It can be tough to have much of these online that early in the current build, but the new lower Tower demons being added in the next build will address that.

Sounds like you've got a good setup so far. :) Strong support bent, but still decent offensive elements. :D

Expel/King's Mien thing is definitely a bug: not because the AI is wrong so much that it shouldn't even work. :P Seems like "instant death" spells keep causing little odd bugs like this w/ add-on effects. I think I need to bite the bullet and do a deep dive and figure out why these keep popping back up. :P Thanks for the report, and good luck in the next part of your run. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Cleared Tower 9. I'm preaty sure I have a portal to Anzu's Sanctum, but I might be misremembering it because I had to post a day after playing to that point.
Fights in the normal Tower were a breather compared to Anomaly, but I still had some problems with Chachapumas. Those jerks hit hard.
I encountered Midochanin and considered using a Gold Offering on him, but decided against it. Partialy because I didn't want to delete any of the demons I had at the time, partialy because by the time I remembered the Offering he was already halfway dead. I learned that while magic using ogers can be threatening if you get hit with 3 each turn.
Recruited a Ghoul, but later exchanged him for an Acheri because I remember how much Cunning they can have if you fuse them right. Seeing how I have trouble with physical attackers, it might have been a mistake.
I think I should be looking for demons who I can fuse some of the demons I got earlier to. I also have some trouble with weaknesses: 3 Ice, Light and Electricity weaknesses. I should learn to check what resistance setup the demon I recruit have more regularyly.

Edit: my save got somehow messed up and won't load. :x

Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 8319,
is currently at Tower:9,
and is still alive!

Level: 12
MaxHP: 84

Strength: 40
Vitality: 26
Agility : 35

Abilities Known:
2) Riposte (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to attacks by adjacent enemies that miss you or that you dodge or parry with a 70 Power attack.)
3) Fervor (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) Ghost Pierce (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Moves you to different, randomly selected, position adjacent to the target.)
6) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
7) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Relic Upgrades:
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)

Inventory:
2 Pure gem
2 Mirror chime
3 Heal stone
1 Chakra gem
5 Pure stone
1 Chakra stone
1 Gold offering
2 Trouble chime
1 Night rune
1 Tempest rune
2 Meteor rune
1 Calm card
1 Heal gem

Current Credits: 2276

Shared Codex   : 37 / 114 (32% complete)

Slash        2          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          7*         0         
Pierce       2*         0          0          7*         0         
Fire         1          0          3          3*         1         
Ice          0          0          2          2*         3         
Electricity  1          0          1          3          3*         
Body         1          1          2*         3          1         
Mind         0          0          1          6*         0         
Light        2          0          1          3*         3         
Dark         0          0          2          5*         0         

Level: 10
MaxHP: 72

Strength: 30
Magic   : 6
Cunning : 12

Abilities Known:
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
5) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
6) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)

Level: 11
MaxHP: 59

Strength: 11
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 15
Cunning : 42

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
8) ------------

MaxHP: 95

Strength: 24
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 40
Agility : 14

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
4) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
5) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)

MaxHP: 68

Strength: 8
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 19
Agility : 21
Cunning : 21

Abilities Known:
1) Searing Touch (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
6) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
8) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)

Name : Charged Faerie
MaxHP: 52

Magic   : 30
Vitality: 7
Agility : 29
Cunning : 23

Resist: Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 10 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has an 8% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
6) Storm Breath (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
7) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
8) ------------

Name : Acheri
MaxHP: 61

Magic   : 22
Vitality: 17
Agility : 27
Cunning : 36

Resist: Ice Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 70% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which hinders HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))
2) Retch (Type: Body, 10 SP. Must target a character with Infection, Poison, or Paralysis. 40 Power attack. Delays the target's next turn, and adds 2 turns of Breath cooldown. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Weaken (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
4) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
6) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Your Strength increases by 2!
 Your Vitality increases by 1!
 Your Agility increases by 2!
 You have no bonus points remaining.
 Your power returns to normal.
 Your kasha's evasion returns to normal.
 Your kasha's defense returns to normal.
 Your accuracy returns to normal.
 Your evasion returns to normal.
 Headless' accuracy returns to normal.
 Your malingee's evasion returns to normal.
 Your defense returns to normal.
 Headless' power returns to normal.
 You begin resting.
 You gesture at yourself.
 You begin to regenerate!
 Your malingee's defense returns to normal.
 Headless' evasion returns to normal.
 Your ukobach's evasion returns to normal.
 Headless' defense returns to normal.
 Your ukobach's defense returns to normal.
 You are no longer regenerating.
 allies.
 Rest complete.
 Using Summon...
 cancel.
 You summon your kasha!
 Using Summon...
 cancel.
 You summon your malingee!
 You pick up the small cache.
 Your relic absorbs 114 C.
 You pick up the pure stone.
 Travel halted.
 There is a warp to Tower:10 here. Press 'p', '<',
 or '>' to change levels.
 You pick up the small cache.
 Your relic absorbs 139 C.
 This level is now fully explored.
 Your relic scans the level for any remaining
 enemies...
 There is a warp to Tower:10 here. Press 'p', '<',
 or '>' to change levels.
 Using Fuse Demons...
 Nevermind then.

Name : Solid Ruhin
MaxHP: 62

Abilities Known:
5) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
6) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ruhin
MaxHP: 50

Vitality: 18

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Preta
Level: 2
MaxHP: 36

Magic   : 8
Vitality: 8
Agility : 17
Cunning : 16

Weak  : Fire Ice Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Dryad
Level: 5
MaxHP: 45

Cunning : 15

Resist: Electricity Light
Weak  : Fire Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a damaging ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (6))
2) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 10 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Haietlik
MaxHP: 40

Strength: 12
Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
4) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has an 8% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ghoul
MaxHP: 60

Strength: 25

Weak  : Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Numbing Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
4) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
5) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Holy crap what? Save files shouldn't be able to get messed up within the same version! :o

Can you please zip up the Save directory and send it to me? ferretdev.org at gmail.com will work, or you can PM me a link to a dropbox or some such thing. At the very least it'll tell me what happened: I *may* even be able to fix it. :D Please accept my apologies for this happening.
Ferret

Postby Saler » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:52 pm

I've sent it, I think. I don't use e-mail often. It should be called Demon Save.
Saler

Postby Ferret » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Cool! I'll check it out when I get home tonight. I apologize again for the trouble. I'll do everything possible to restore it working order. Thank you for the help, if nothing else, having the save file will help me keep it from happening again in future versions. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:54 pm

It worked! Thank you! :D Sorry for a bit of a delayed reply.
Map 9 missing seems to be from me somehow failing to include it in the zip.
And almost immediately died in Anzu's Sanctum by running into a Level 25 demon with electrical attacks. Atempting to fight it probably was a mistake.
I had a lot of trouble from my MaxHP geting messed up. And by messed up I mean going from 80+ to ~40. My demons getting underpowered/outdated by this point also made it harder.
The first notable encounter was Charliss. One of the least threatening lich names ever. The fight was going rough until he ran out of SP. Then it got annoying. I'm guessing he was harder before the heroism mechnics got changed.
The next notable encounter was Reprobus and Mordecai. After looking at their stat I decided to run and avoid them for the rest of the level. Honestly, as far as I can see, His damage is absolutely absurd! :o .
Ninkasi came next level. I didn't try to recruit her because I was looking for a frontliner at the time. Like, I dunno, the super strong demons that came as her escorts but I couldn't recruit them because all of them were "Defeat in X turns" chalanges and they would just get healed. That honestly made me sad.
As for my recruitment, my first priority was to improve my resistance setup and make my demons up to date by fusing away Ukobach. I obviously didn't listen to my advice of looking at demon's resistanceses before recruiting. I took an Aitvaras.
My other party modifications were fusing Cursed Kasha to Acheri, sacrificeing Malingee and a recently recruited Zagh to recruit Shoggoth and recruiting Hob.
Next (probably) - Baphomet's Sanctum.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 14961,
is currently at Tower:14,
and is still alive!

Level: 16
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 48
Vitality: 32
Agility : 41

Abilities Known:
5) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))

Relic Upgrades:
Copy Saver (Reduces the cost of Copy Ability by 25%.)

Inventory:
2 Mirror chime
5 Pure stone
3 Chakra stone
1 Gold offering
2 Trouble chime
1 Tempest rune
1 Meteor rune
2 Pure gem
1 Calm card
2 Bolt glyph
1 Ghost chime
1 Flame glyph
1 Peace offering
1 Heal gem

Current Credits: 72

Shared Codex   : 40 / 114 (35% complete)

Slash        1          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       1          0          1          6*         0         
Pierce       2*         0          0          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          1          3*         3         
Ice          0          0          4          2*         1         
Electricity  1          0          1          3          3*         
Body         1          1          2*         3          1         
Mind         0          0          1          5*         1         
Light        1          0          0          4*         3         
Dark         1          0          2          5*         0         

Level: 13
MaxHP: 110

Strength: 27
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 47

Abilities Known:

Name : Charged Faerie
MaxHP: 61

Magic   : 35
Vitality: 9
Agility : 33
Cunning : 26

Resist: Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
4) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has an 8% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
6) Storm Breath (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
7) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
8) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

Name : Cursed Acheri
Level: 15
MaxHP: 76

Cunning : 57

Resist: Ice Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 70% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which hinders HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))
2) Retch (Type: Body, 10 SP. Must target a character with Infection, Poison, or Paralysis. 40 Power attack. Delays the target's next turn, and adds 2 turns of Breath cooldown. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
5) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
6) Withering Grasp (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense and accuracy by 20%.)
7) Flustering Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce evasion by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
8) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)

Name : Lifegiver Aitvaras
Level: 16
MaxHP: 91

Magic   : 52
Vitality: 34

Resist: Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
2) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
4) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
6) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
7) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)

Name : Shoggoth
Level: 18
MaxHP: 90

Vitality: 39
Cunning : 28

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. 50% accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
6) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
8) ------------

Name : Hob
MaxHP: 77

Strength: 20
Magic   : 33

Abilities Known:
1) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
4) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Your accuracy returns to normal.
 Your hob gestures at himself.
 Your hob looks healthier.
 You begin resting.
 You gesture at your shoggoth.
 Your shoggoth begins to regenerate!
 You gesture at yourself.
 You begin to regenerate!
 Headless' accuracy returns to normal.
 Your shoggoth's evasion returns to normal.
 Your hob gestures at your shoggoth.
 Your shoggoth looks healthier.
 Your shoggoth's defense returns to normal.
 Your acheri's evasion returns to normal.
 Your defense returns to normal.
 You gesture at Headless.
 Headless begins to regenerate!
 Your acheri's defense returns to normal.
 Headless' evasion returns to normal.
 Headless' defense returns to normal.
 Your power returns to normal.
 Your shoggoth is no longer regenerating.
 You are no longer regenerating.
 You gesture at Headless.
 Headless will regenerate longer!
 Your evasion returns to normal.
 Your hob gestures at Headless.
 Headless looks healthier.
 Your hob's evasion returns to normal.
 Your hob's defense returns to normal.
 Headless is no longer regenerating.
 allies.
 Rest complete.
 Using Dismiss...
 You unsummon your hob!
 Using Summon...
 cancel.
 You summon your acheri!
 This level is now fully explored.
 Your relic scans the level for any remaining
 enemies...
 There is a wavering portal to Baphomet's Sanctum
 here. Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change levels.

Name : Haietlik
MaxHP: 40

Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
4) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has an 8% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ghoul
MaxHP: 60

Strength: 25

Weak  : Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Numbing Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
3) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
4) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
5) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
8) ------------

Level: 11
MaxHP: 59

Abilities Known:
8) ------------

MaxHP: 74

Strength: 9
Vitality: 21

Abilities Known:

Name : Zagh
MaxHP: 69

Strength: 15
Magic   : 40
Vitality: 20
Cunning : 30

Immune: Mind Light
Weak  : Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
4) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
5) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
6) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 78

Strength: 32
Vitality: 30
Agility : 27

Abilities Known:
Saler

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Hooray :D Glad I was able to repair the file! Weird that the 9th floor map got left out, but no worries, it gave me good practice at save file repair. :) While it is a skill I hope to not need often, I do like my unbroken success rate of fixing them. :D

Backing down from Moredcai was probably a fair plan: he has definitely ended his fair share of runs over the months. :)

Looks like you're hanging on pretty well despite some close calls. :) Good luck with Baphomet's Sanctum. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:40 pm

I don't think I'm going to forget this run. If I win - awesome. If I die - I'm satisfied with what I've done.
Baphomat's Sanctum was mostly unremarkable. Ran into Baphomet quickly. Was tempted to atempt to recruit him normaly, but decided to use Golden Offering I finaly remembered about. He was good at his Caster/Support role while he lasted.
Tower 15 had 2 close moments. One at the begining with a Mananangal and 4 Oni.I got badly beat up because I got caught in the open. Also, at one point Shoggoth and I both got Charmed with Witch's Mien with no Calmer summoned. I was sure that I would die. When I later encountered the same group later, I destroyed with little trouble. The other close call was with a group of Vishaps and Raiju dealing a ton of damage with their Electrical attacks.
Tower 16... I think the whole floor was a close call. I began with me running into Adria and loosing my Headless because it got reduced to 1 HP and Ignited with the same attack.
And then I got caught between 2 large demon groups and barely escaped after loosing all of my demons.
So I had to carefully explore the rest of the map while recruiting any demons I could. Usually with negotiations.
I entered Tower 17 with Kuchisake, Sulfuric Angel and Lifebender Hob. Run into a group of Abatwa, kill 3, link with the last. And while chasing it, I run into Tlaloc. Seeing as I can no longer pursue Abatwa, I link with him and recruit him after sacrificing all of my demons. Then I encounter Imbued Jinn and link with him because it actually improves my combat ability. I end up clearing the level with those 2 as well as another Shoggoth, another Hob and Bonnachon. 2 of those took Hob sacrifices to recruit.
I'm thinking weather I should go to Phoenix's Sanctum or just progeress to Tower 18.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 23363,
is currently at Tower:17,
and is still alive!

Level: 19
MaxHP: 113

Strength: 55
Vitality: 35
Agility : 46

Abilities Known:
5) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))

Relic Upgrades:
Copy Saver (Reduces the cost of Copy Ability by 25%.)

Inventory:
2 Mirror chime
3 Chakra stone
2 Pure stone
2 Trouble chime
1 Meteor rune
2 Pure gem
1 Ghost chime
2 Peace offering
1 Venom rune
1 Heal gem

Current Credits: 976

Shared Codex   : 46 / 114 (40% complete)

Slash        0          0          0          6*         0         
Impact       2          0          1          5*         0         
Pierce       2*         0          0          6*         0         
Fire         1          1          1          1*         3         
Ice          1          1          3          1*         1         
Electricity  1          1          0          4          1*         
Body         1          0          2*         4          0         
Mind         0          0          0          4*         2         
Light        0          0          0          4*         2         
Dark         0          1          1          4*         0         

Name : Tlaloc
Level: 25
MaxHP: 112

Strength: 24
Magic   : 64
Vitality: 42

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by enemies by restoring 3 SP.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
8) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)

Name : Imbued Jinn
Level: 22
MaxHP: 105

Strength: 26
Magic   : 45
Agility : 25
Cunning : 32

Immune: Fire
Resist: Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
4) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Guarding Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Bonnachon
Level: 21
MaxHP: 91

Strength: 42
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 42
Agility : 15
Cunning : 25

Resist: Fire Ice Body
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Smash (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
3) Putrid Breath (Type: Body, 35 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 50% chance to inflict Infection, hindering HP and SP recovery. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shoggoth
Level: 18

Vitality: 39
Cunning : 28

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. 50% accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
3) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
4) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Sulfuric Angel
MaxHP: 56

Cunning : 17

Immune: Fire Light
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Burning Star (Type: Fire, 35 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
6) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifebender Hob

Strength: 16
Magic   : 39
Vitality: 34
Agility : 14

Abilities Known:
5) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
6) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kuchisake
Level: 22
MaxHP: 97

Strength: 35
Magic   : 16
Agility : 35

Abilities Known:
1) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 50% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (14))
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 50% faster when your HP is at 50% or less of maximum.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Gandayah
Level: 1
MaxHP: 35
MaxSP: 125

Agility : 7
Cunning : 7

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Saler

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:46 am

:D Now that's the sort of thing I like to hear. :) Lots of close calls, tense moments, and scary encounters. :D

Tower: 17 itself is a fine accomplishment. Even if Tower:20 and victory elude you, you've done really well to get this far. :)

"Heroic Pair" links can be a lifesaver if you find yourself in trouble in the mid/late Tower. They're completely doable (by definition!) regardless of your party composition, and I think they tend to probably be on the easy side anyway for most builds. (Not something I plan to nerf at the moment mind you: it's a rare capture type, and people tend to find them fun, so I'm not inclined to go poking at it.)

Phoenix can be nasty... but, you're also only Level 19 at a point in the game where you're intended to be Level 24-25. Dodging more experience gains at this point will only increase the danger you face in the final floors. On the other hand... you ARE kinda close already. A mad dash for victory isn't out of the question either. :) Choices, choices..
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion