My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby wizzzargh » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 pm

I'm late, but Dotto Dot was my ghost. Here's that Carbuncle in question, plus its secret nickname :D . Not surprised it was an easy ghost, I was losing demons fast and relying on Actaeon.

Code: Select all
Name : Ferretdev (Whirling Carbuncle)
Level: 15
MaxHP: 60
MaxSP: 100
Strength: 15
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 16
Agility : 47
Cunning : 35
Resist: Mind Light
Weak  : Ice Matter
Abilities Known:
1) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)
5) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
6) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)

I always like seeing people mention my ghosts, cuz I try to make memorable fusions if possible
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:02 am

Ferret

Postby Saler » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:47 pm

I'm finally mostly free of work.
Medusa's Sanctum: Had some trouble with Mananangal's and Gorgon's. Found Medusa after about 4 encounters. She's more or less a Gorgon with some additional abilities to support her AoE Stone. Her Gorgons were Mindbender, with Ego Theft. :( I initially run away in hopes of getting a better position. On my second attempt, I manage to get my Bonnachon to engage early and close in. They never landed a Harden, Even after non-Matter resistant targets were nearby. Likely they were out of SP. I run to rest, then lure her to a portal in case the link goes badly. I could've used a Gold Offering, but decided what her link was about. I'm pretty sure boss opponents aren't supposed to basically suicide by a protect link demon's Poison Veil, but he did. :) Replaced Bonnachon. Thought of giving Acid Breath + Burning Vapor combo to either Medusa or Myself, but decided against it. Gave Medusa Second Wind + Unconquerable combo, seeing how it's mostly an SP upgrade at cost of a slot. Over Vengeful Bmola also gets this combo instead of Tireless and Soothe. Also replace Baphomet's Inspire with Tormentor. Found a corpse encounter. Do demons avoid using incapacitating abilities on already incapacitated targets? Because Medusa, Instead of hitting 4 demons (3 of which were Sleeping) with Petra Glare went into melee with an Acheri. Thankfully, large amount of AoE damage and status effects look care of that group easily.
Tower 16: Encounter Adria. She focuses on Medusa, but with all of my Healing she tanks it easily, and Adria dies quickly. I encountered a Foul Mananangals, Shogoths and Shikigami group which could inflict most debuffs. I loose Medusa because I didn't notice when Mananangals got their Bligh back. :x I also lost a chunk of MaxHP to preservation. I recruit a Foul Mananangal to fill my slot. Even with her Petra Glare setup, I don't think Medusa is worth 9949 Credits, so I will keep Mananangal. I give it Malice, Tormentor and Second Wind, replacing Slow. I had it for 2 battles, and it already feel very satisfying. :) And it proved to be very effective in the future.
Tower 17: A group of Rulers with Archangels and Angels gives me trouble Thanks to their buffs. Found Tlaloc on this floor. I recruit him, Sacrificing over half of my MaxHP and Turdak, and also having to use a Wind Card to retreat. Being in close range to a pair of Civatateo with Mind Spike at 1/50-ish HP is not good. :o Cleared up the rest of the enemies with some difficulty. Decided not to risk checking corpses at my still rather lox MaxHP.
Tower 18: My lowered MaxHP is still giving me trouble if fights. I give Tlaloc Second Wind + Unconquerable combo instead of Vengeful. I reached level 25 here and got Recycle. I'm hoping to use it for late game party modifications. By this point, I got back all of my MaxHP. I found a corpse encounter with an Ikiryo in it. I didn't want to deal with it, didn't have it in my Codex and had Bronze Offerings to spare. Sadly I got just about 60 credits for it as it had a high base level. I also recruit and Recycle an Angel for some Credits. Planed also doing it with a Hob, but I didn't notice that some of my demons couldn't see the Focus Fire target and attacked it instead.
Anansi's Sanctum is next, and it feels like there are 1 or 2 Sanctums left, so this seems to be a good stopping point.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Eye of the Dragon,
selected Matter and Mind as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 38846,
is currently at Tower:18,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 25
MaxHP: 127

Strength: 25
Magic   : 43
Vitality: 35
Agility : 26
Cunning : 56

Resist: Matter
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Acidic Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
2) Acid Breath (Type: Matter, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time. Cooldown: Breath (5))
3) Terrifying Cry (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
4) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
5) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
6) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, Melting, and reactions).)
7) Absorbing Touch (Type: Matter, 5 SP. 55 Power attack, +45 Power if the target is Melting. Heals the user for 66% of the damage dealt.)
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Relic Upgrades:
Item Sense (Shows the positions of unattended items on the map. May also reveal additional items when searching corpses, or once a level is fully explored.)
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)

Inventory:
1 Night rune
1 Mirror chime
2 Tempest rune
3 Curse rune
5 Pain glyph
1 Calm card
3 Zephyr card
2 Gold offering
3 Venom rune
1 Meteor rune
2 Blizzard rune
1 Bronze offering
10 Pure stone
4 Pure gem
1 Wind card
2 Heart glyph
15 Heal stone
3 Heal gem
1 Flame glyph
2 Magic map
6 Chakra stone
2 Guardian gem
1 Trouble chime
1 Bolt glyph
1 Chakra gem
1 Peace offering
2 Might gem
1 Purple essence

Current Credits: 4031

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 135 / 153 (88% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        0          0          0          6*         1         
Impact       0          0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       2*         0          0          6*         1         
Fire         3          1          1          4*         1         
Ice          1          2          0          3          2*         
Electricity  1          1          1          3*         2         
Body         0          0          0          6*         1         
Mind         1*         1          2          4*         0         
Matter       1*         0          1*         6          0         
Light        0          1          1          3*         2         
Dark         3          3          1          3*         0         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Reprobus
MaxHP: 119

Strength: 60
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 35
Agility : 31
Cunning : 21

Immune: Mind Light
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Impaling Thrust (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 85 Power attack, enemies only.)
2) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
4) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, Melting, and reactions).)
7) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
8) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)

Name : Pele
MaxHP: 106

Strength: 21
Magic   : 68
Vitality: 31
Cunning : 24

Immune: Fire
Resist: Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Frost Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Ember Heart (Type: Fire, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Fire abilities by 5 if you used an Fire ability last turn.)
8) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)

Name : Baphomet
Level: 26
MaxHP: 105

Strength: 14
Magic   : 66
Vitality: 28
Agility : 21
Cunning : 51

Immune: Dark
Resist: Fire Mind Light
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
2) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
4) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
5) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
6) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
7) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Profane Bmola
Level: 23
MaxHP: 97

Magic   : 54
Vitality: 27
Cunning : 37

Immune: Ice
Resist: Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Unholy Word (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Cooldown: Breath (4))
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
4) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
8) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, Melting, and reactions).)

Name : Foul Mananangal
Level: 23
MaxHP: 90

Strength: 10
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 13
Agility : 35
Cunning : 70

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
2) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
3) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
4) Distract Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
5) Expose Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
6) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))

Name : Tlaloc
MaxHP: 111

Strength: 25
Magic   : 66
Vitality: 43
Agility : 25

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
8) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, Melting, and reactions).)

Seems like this party is more powerful than the ones I usually end up with, by how it tears through demons with AoE damage and status effects.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:29 am

Ego Theft Gorgons. :D I owe the RNG a pizza.

I don't know if I'd call it suicide... if Medusa lived long enough to see him Poison Veil himself down, you must have been throwing out some ridiculous healing or you got extremely lucky with Poison sticking to him reliably. :D

Yeah, the AI doesn't see much point in double lockdowns... but on the other hand, Sleep into Harden->Stone feels like it should be valuable. I'll make appropriate adjustments. :D Thank you. :D

The talk of how low MaxHP makes things more challenging convinces me, as unconventional as it was, that Relic Preservation is actually a cool mechanic. :D In most other roguelikes, you'd just be dead and starting over with the most familiar/easiest content again. Instead Demon says "fine, you get to live for now, but the game's going to be Even Harder for a little while, and if you don't shape up, THEN you go back to the start" :D Something about this appeals greatly to me. :D

Seems like you're on a pretty good tear through the Tower. :D Thanks for the report, and good luck in the last floors. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:02 pm

I kept tearing through demons. Until Antoria happen, anyway.
Anansi's Sanctum: My Reprobus dies to Ye-te-veos and Pixies because I was Paniced and couldn't Dismiss him. :x Could've avoided it if I used a Healing Gem. I also dip into Preservation thanks to Pele Panicking and dropping a Rain of Fire on me. And then lose Mananangal to lack of attention. I really shouldn't be making those mistakes at this stage of the game. Recruited Polar Pixie and, later, Ehlose to fill slots and to potentially Recycle later. Found Anansi. Decided not to recruit him. His fight was annoying, but doable, especially with Tlaloc's Snowstorm. He was also the last encounter. After taking a few corpses, I get enough Credits to Restore Foul Mananangal, Recycling Pixie for 162, which is less than her recruitment cost was. :x I then find an Orb of Power Wraith named Filthlord. Focused on Light/Dark. Ha also had Aux Power II. It certainly was a really annoying fight, with AoE Infection, MaxHP drain and Relief. I also got put to Sleep at the same time as the Wraith died, which lead to Baphmet Igniting and killing it's low HP level 16 Fearie before I could Recycle it. :x I fight a corpse encounter before leaving.
Tower 19: I recruit an Incubus after giving a chunk of MaxHP to it. Ehlose is Recycled for 323. My party has trouble with both Ice and Light now. (Mostly with Light) I manage to Recycle a Shogoth from a corpse encounter for 1407. Not much happen, other than that. Had a tough corpse encounter in addition to the one I Recycled Shogoth from.
Tower 20: A big group of Onis makes me dip into Preservation. And than I find Jayle. She was Matter Immune. :( And had Ninkasi. I use my remaining Wind Card to escape. As a result, I get into a fight with some of my demons hurt. I manage to defeat them, and, after another battle, encounter Jayle again, this time deciding to fight her. It goes roughly, but I manage to focus enough damage on Jayle while keeping my demons' HP high. And then she Dismissed 2 demons in a row who weren't, I think, in that much of a danger. They were wounded and Paniced, so that might've had something to so with it. I kill Jayle, but she had Leib-olmai out at the time, and it started using Calming Rain. :( I decide to Bronze Offering it to get it of the board. I decide to Recycle Tlaloc for 2215 after giving away his abilities to a bunch of demons. I also decide to link with Ninkasi, thinking I can handle dealing with her link and remaining demons at the same time. I was right – it's an easy link normally, and I'm even higher level then intended. :) I give Incubus Alluring Gaze and fuse to make it Brewmaster. It gets Guarding Cry, although that means it has double Presence cooldowns now. Bmola almost dies in a fight with Powers and Rulers. I trigger a Wraith spawn on a corpse, but this floor didn't have any Wraiths. After a bunch of corpse encounters, I head to the next floor.
Tower 21: I find Antoria. It starts of smoothly, but I notice the fight turning against me too late, and Leib-olmai dies. :o I do manage to defeat him after using 2 Healing Gems. Then I find a Yukki-onnas and Mullasas group, and it ends up killing me. With Leib-olmai dead, Bmola was the only Calmer, and it got Charmed in the fight. I should've stayed back, but I was spending my turns switching out my demons. Then a Yukki-onna Haunted and Charmed me, leading to enemies focusing on me and killing me. :(
This was a really promising run, but Antoria ruined it by killing Leib-olmai, which lead to my death to Yukki-onnas. I probably could've avoided it if I would've fought Antoria more carefully. Not loosing a lot of Credits on Restores would've also helped. Basically, my loss was the total of my earlier mistakes, in a way.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Eye of the Dragon,
selected Matter and Mind as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 55742,
is currently at Tower:21,
and is quite dead!

Level: 29
MaxHP: 142

Strength: 28
Magic   : 47
Vitality: 39
Agility : 34
Cunning : 62

Resist: Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Acidic Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
2) Acid Breath (Type: Matter, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time. Cooldown: Breath (5))
3) Terrifying Cry (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
4) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
5) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
7) Absorbing Touch (Type: Matter, 5 SP. 55 Power attack, +45 Power if the target is Melting. Heals the user for 66% of the damage dealt.)

Relic Upgrades:
Item Sense (Shows the positions of unattended items on the map. May also reveal additional items when searching corpses, or once a level is fully explored.)
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)

Inventory:
1 Night rune
1 Mirror chime
2 Tempest rune
2 Curse rune
4 Pain glyph
1 Calm card
3 Zephyr card
2 Gold offering
3 Venom rune
1 Meteor rune
2 Blizzard rune
13 Pure stone
4 Pure gem
4 Heart glyph
2 Heal gem
1 Flame glyph
2 Magic map
16 Heal stone
6 Chakra stone
2 Guardian gem
1 Trouble chime
1 Bolt glyph
1 Chakra gem
1 Peace offering
2 Might gem

Current Credits: 4133

Slash        0          0          0          5*         1         
Impact       1          0          0          5*         1         
Pierce       1*         0          0          5*         1         
Fire         2          1          1          4*         0         
Ice          0          1          0          2          3*         
Electricity  1          0          1          4*         1         
Body         1          0          1          4*         1         
Mind         2*         0          3          3*         0         
Matter       1*         0          1*         5          0         
Light        0          0          1          3*         2         
Dark         3          2          2          2*         0         

Name : Pele
Level: 28
MaxHP: 115

Strength: 23
Magic   : 73
Vitality: 34
Cunning : 26

Immune: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Ember Heart (Type: Fire, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Fire abilities by 5 if you used an Fire ability last turn.)
7) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Name : Baphomet
MaxHP: 115

Magic   : 71
Vitality: 31
Agility : 23
Cunning : 55

Resist: Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
2) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
4) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
5) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
6) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
7) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)

Name : Profane Bmola
MaxHP: 103

Strength: 22
Magic   : 57
Vitality: 28
Agility : 28
Cunning : 40

Resist: Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Unholy Word (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
4) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Name : Foul Mananangal
MaxHP: 98

Strength: 11
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 14
Agility : 38
Cunning : 76

Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
2) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
3) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
4) Distract Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
5) Expose Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
6) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
7) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Name : Brewmaster Incubus
MaxHP: 117

Strength: 22
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 38
Cunning : 60

Resist: Body Mind Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 66% of the damage dealt.)
2) Love Tap (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 35% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies.)
3) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 10% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
4) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 10% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
5) Frost Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
6) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
7) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) Guarding Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))

--==== Recent Messages ====--

The mulassa launches a flame blast at you.
 The mulassa burns you.
 The mulassa burns you.
 The yuki-onna is still charmed!
 The yuki-onna conjures a snowstorm.
 The yuki-onna freezes the mulassa.
 It's super effective!
 It's super effective!
 It's super effective!
 The yuki-onna ignores the attack! (x2)
 The mulassa starts shivering! (x3)
 The yuki-onna looks refreshed.
 Your mananangal meditates.
 Your mananangal looks refreshed.
 Baphomet gestures at you. You feel better.
 Your incubus slaps the yuki-onna.
 You are still charmed!
 You bite your incubus.
 Your incubus begins to melt!
 The yuki-onna is still charmed!
 Your mananangal meditates.
 Your mananangal looks refreshed.
 Baphomet focuses inward.
 Baphomet looks healthier.
 Baphomet looks refreshed.
 Baphomet stares at the mulassa.
 Baphomet simmers! The mulassa is set on fire!
 Baphomet smites the mulassa.
 The mulassa cringes!
 Baphomet looks refreshed.
 Your bmola is no longer charmed.
 The yuki-onna freezes you.
 It's super effective!
 You feel like you will be cold longer!
 The yuki-onna misses your incubus.
 The yuki-onna freezes you.
 It's super effective!
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 The mulassa burns you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 You are set on fire!
 The mulassa burns you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Polar Pixie
Level: 18
MaxHP: 82

Strength: 9
Magic   : 48
Vitality: 19
Agility : 33
Cunning : 31

Weak  : Body Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Muddle (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
2) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Lucky Star (Type: None, Passive. You only have a 1 in N chance of triggering Luck cooldowns, where N is the number of Luck cooldown abilities you have.)
5) Hailstorm (Type: Ice, 35 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack split between Ice and Impact; both the Ice and Impact damage are based on Magic. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
6) Cold Embrace (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Chills the target for an unusually long duration, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly. Cannot miss.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ehlose
Level: 15
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 35
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 43
Agility : 16

Immune: Body
Resist: Ice Electricity Light Dark
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
2) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shoggoth
Level: 27
MaxHP: 116

Strength: 52
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 52
Agility : 30
Cunning : 37

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Tlaloc
MaxHP: 120

Strength: 27
Magic   : 71
Vitality: 47
Agility : 27
Cunning : 23

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Name : Ninkasi
Level: 27
MaxHP: 100

Magic   : 36
Vitality: 36
Agility : 46
Cunning : 46

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
7) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
8) ------------

Name : Leib-olmai
Level: 30
MaxHP: 105

Strength: 70
Magic   : 38
Vitality: 46
Cunning : 15

Resist: Ice Body Mind Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Calming Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

I'm thinking of making a Fire Vodun Mask build, after seeing how effective that can be with Pele and Baphmet.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:51 pm

Tower:21 may not be a win, but it is still a really impressive run. :) Those last few floors in particular can be nasty.

Calming Rain to undo Relic Explosion's Sleep effect... eeeeek. :D Mean game has been being mean lately, between that and the Ego Theft Gorgons.

I guess the Recycle nerf must be working: It still sounds like it was useful (at times), but no longer game-breaking. What do you think of it, overall?

But yeah, I agree this does sound a bit like this one was death by a thousand cuts... though Yuki-Onna can be nasty business even under ideal conditions.

Thanks for the report. :D Good luck with your upcoming Fire run :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:24 pm

Sorry for the long delay. Got distracted by other stuff, and, well, I usually have a hard time coming back to games after taking a long break from them. :roll: I guess I'll play this character unlit death or victory, then download the new version.
Yeah, Recycle seems to be balanced now. It's not an insane amount of credits, but still worthwhile to sometimes pass up on a Fusion, even with a Unique modifier.
Fire/Fire Vodun Mask with Hou Shu starter. Hopping that Hou shu's hybrid attack will help me in case of a Fire resistant opponent early on.
By Tower 1 ½ I had Hou Shu, Raicho, Gandayah (with Healing Charm), Faerie,Abbey Lubber and Freybug.
I immediately find enough credits to fuse Lifegiver Gandayah. It gets Calm and Absolution. :) Filled the slot with a Preta, than had a tough encounter with Kashas, who I didn't think I could recruit reliably. Then I find a Psychic Will-o-Whisp with Pink Whisper. I link with it and copy Whisper to Raicho. I find Headless and recruit him, having to use a Healing Stone in process because of bad positioning. Later, I find another Kasha group, and, since this is the last group, I decide to link with one of them and get more demons to kill from a corpse. It works! I replace Freybug, giving Raicho Tormentor. Back at Tower 2, I fight 3 Wraiths.
Tower 3: I find Actaeon. With some trouble, I get Artemis to spawn, then link with her and kill Actaeon. I then find an Ukobach. I recruit him, replacing Kasha. I noticed that Focus Fire won't make no offensive abilities demons focus on the target even when their AI would choose to attack.
Vikhor's Sanctum: Most of this floor went fine. I got to Level 5 and got Quick Dismiss. Then Ukobach died to Vikhor's group because I got Shocked and couldn't dismiss it. :x I really should've copied both of it's Fire passives to my other demons, by instead I copied just Warmth to myself. I really don't want to use a Restore so early on. Since I no longer had a full party, I left an encounter corpse behind. I got High Voltage from a corpse, so I decided to copy Shocking Touch to myself.
Tower 4: I recruit a Echeneis to fill my empty slot. Then, forgeting I have done that, I recruit a Zar. :roll: I't probably still a better demon. I get Bask from a Corpse, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it. It shares it's cooldown with Combust. I replace my Zar with an Arachne I found.
Tower 5: I replace my Arachne with a Fiery Dryad with Bask and Combust. Unfortunatly, I forgot to copy Mend to it. I copy Bask to Gandayah and Combust to Artemis. I also remove Combust from Dryad. I find Ccoa and almost succed linking with her, but then she Jaunts out of my line of sight and the link times out. I find and recruit a Carbuncle. I delete my Hou Shu, giving Carbuncle Firestarter (I mistakenly thought it was Greek Fire), Dryad – Restore and Gandayah – Fiery Claw. I get a Dark/Slash Eye of the Dragon Wraith named Hamilcar from a corpse. I would've liked to have it's Solid Goblin with Ready Guard, but I couldn't free up a slot and sisn't have the credits for a copy. The Wraith didn't give me any trouble.
It's nice to be back to this game, althought it feel kinda bad to be playing such an outdated version because I already began a character here and don't want to abandon him. I mostly remember how to play, but I definetly am being less attentive than ussual.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Vodun Mask,
selected Fire and Fire as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 2375,
is currently at Tower:5,
and is still alive!

Level: 6
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 4
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 16
Agility : 4
Cunning : 27

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
2) Fan Flames (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Must target an Ignited character. 55 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target for an unusually long duration. Cannot miss.)
5) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
6) Shocking Touch (Type: Electricity, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
7) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
8) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Relic Upgrades:
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of roaming enemies on the map, even if you have not fully explored the level. Also warns you about summoner corpses whose Relics still contain active demons.)
Far Summon I (Increases the range of Summon by 2.)

Inventory:
1 Guardian gem
5 Pure gem
1 Flame glyph
1 Purple essence
1 Calm card
3 Heart glyph
2 Bolt glyph
1 Pain glyph
1 Frost glyph
2 Venom rune
1 Curse rune
1 Pure stone

Current Credits: 195

Slash        2          0          0          5*         2         
Impact       0          0          0          5*         2         
Pierce       1          0          0          5*         2         
Fire         2*         0          2*         4          1         
Ice          0          0          1          5*         1         
Electricity  2*         0          3          3*         1         
Body         0          0          2          3*         2         
Mind         1          0          1          5*         1         
Matter       2          0          0          5*         2         
Light        2          0          3          2          2*         
Dark         0          0          1          5*         1         

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
MaxHP: 58
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 13
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 26
Agility : 9
Cunning : 9

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)

Name : Raicho
MaxHP: 34

Strength: 6
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 6
Agility : 33
Cunning : 24

Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce Body Mind Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Touch (Type: Electricity, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 67

Strength: 19
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 33
Agility : 11
Cunning : 11

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) ------------

Name : Artemis
MaxHP: 48

Strength: 19
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 11
Cunning : 16

Resist: Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
8) ------------

Name : Fiery Dryad
Level: 5
MaxHP: 43

Magic   : 25
Vitality: 12
Agility : 17
Cunning : 15

Resist: Fire Electricity Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a damaging ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (6))
2) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Squeeze (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.) Cannot miss.)
5) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Restore (Type: Healing, 20 SP. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Restore (5))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Carbuncle
Level: 7
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 8
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 13
Agility : 28

Resist: Mind Light
Weak  : Ice Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Flash (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 50% chance to inflict Blind, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)
4) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:27 pm

Oh hey, welcome back. :)

Yeah, Recycle doesn't seem quite so broken these days. Extra-good players still tend to end up Credits heavy towards the end of the game, but that's a general issue, not Recycle-specific.

Pffft. :P You got Calm AND Absolution from a Lifegiver fusion? I need to make the RNG more evil. :P

Focus Fire specifically excludes pacifists: if you want even pacifists to attack a target, you need to use All Out Attack.

Nothing wrong with finishing up a game on an outdated version. :) I usually do the same thing in other games that update regularly :)

Sounds like this run is off to a good start so far. :) Good luck, and thanks for the report and feedback. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:56 pm

I don't remember exactly what happen, but I think what I meant by the Focus Fire thing is that a demon with no attack abilities was attacking targets other than the Focus Fire one.
Anomaly 1: After a few fights, I think I found an AI problem. I'm not sure if it was already fixed. My Headless was on the frontline when my Raicho displaced him. Then it looked like my Gandayah also walked forward, displacing him, but in hindsight, I think Headless walked away from the enemy, seeing how Gandayah was closing in any further. And then Headless started walking back and forth on the same 2 tiles. And when I re-summoned him closer to the enemy, he walked back to me again! :x I'll send a screenshot if I won't forget. Other than that, this floor went fine.
Python's Sanctum: I encounter an Ooze and lose Carbuncle trying to fight it. And that happen after I copied a few abilities to it. :( I recruit a Culler Dipsas to fill the slot, using up most of my credits. Python's group was Solid with Last Defense, which proved to be very annoying. I ended up deciding to kill him because I didn't have many credits. I find a large corpse encounter later. I don't remember, are those supposed to always be Asleep? Because this one was Panicked. I managed to beat it with some difficulty.
Back at Anomaly 1, I fight an Impact/Body Titan's Fist Wraith. The only notable part of this fight was a Gluttonous Zombie with Consume Vigor. I also encounter a Dark/Buff Crown of Glory Wraith named Fred. With a Fire build for so reason. Which meant that most of it's demons had Fire resistance. I end up having to run away.
Anomaly 2: Artemis dies because I underestimate how much damage Gis can do. I linked with a Ruhin later. On the topic of negotiations, is it possible to make Leadership be considered a melee ability for their purpose? Because most demon who like Buff abilities and can request them aren't good frontliners. I end up almost failing that link. I later encounter and kill Zaji. Decide to get Vigorous. After 1 more easy fight, I encounter Maderva. The fight starts of well, but then I lose Dryad because I didn't expect Maderva to be capable of hitting for 21 damage in one hit. I do manage to defeat her, however.
Anomaly 3: I recruit an Aithir and a Fotia, and I'm finally able to replace my Raicho. :) I end up encountering Paracelsus last. I do manage to wear down his SP, but his team outpaced me in HP, and I was unable to focus fire on him thanks to level geometry. So, after using a few item, I run away.
For my post Anomaly team modifications, I give Dipsas Bask and Diehard, removing Flash (I don't think having both it and Acid Wash will be good for SP. Diehard is there mostly because I wasn't sure what to take and a safety net seemed like a good idea.) and also give Ruhin Rabblerouser. I'm saving the remaining credits to see what development opportunities I will get. I'm thinking of either using Headless' abilities to make a newer frontliner or making a Magic based tank, which seems like an idea that has potential in a Fire build. Might also be a good idea to replace Aithir with something else, seeing how most of my team's weaknesses are elemental.
From what I've experienced so far, Fire builds can be ridicilously good at sustaining SP against groups. Which means that they have more problems against Uniques and Heroes than most builds.
Even with the amount of mess ups I made, this run seems to be going good.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Vodun Mask,
selected Fire and Fire as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 5349,
is currently at Tower:5,
and is still alive!

Level: 9
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 4
Magic   : 35
Agility : 9
Cunning : 33

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
2) Fan Flames (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Must target an Ignited character. 55 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target for an unusually long duration. Cannot miss.)
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Shocking Touch (Type: Electricity, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
7) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
8) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Relic Upgrades:
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of roaming enemies on the map, even if you have not fully explored the level. Also warns you about summoner corpses whose Relics still contain active demons.)
Far Summon I (Increases the range of Summon by 2.)

Inventory:
1 Guardian gem
6 Pure gem
1 Calm card
2 Heart glyph
2 Bolt glyph
1 Pain glyph
2 Venom rune
1 Curse rune
1 Mirror chime
1 Magic map
1 Heal stone
1 Flame glyph

Current Credits: 1530

Slash        2          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          7*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         2*         1          1*         3          2         
Ice          0          0          1          4*         2         
Electricity  1*         0          2          2*         3         
Body         0          2          1          4*         0         
Mind         1          0          1          6*         0         
Matter       1          3          1          3*         0         
Light        2          1          0          3          3*         
Dark         0          1          0          5*         1         

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
Level: 8
MaxHP: 65
MaxSP: 125

Magic   : 26
Vitality: 29
Agility : 10
Cunning : 10

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 23
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 39
Agility : 13
Cunning : 13

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) ------------

Name : Culler Dipsas
Level: 12
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 16
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 14
Agility : 32

Resist: Electricity Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Exhausting Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces the target's SP by 15% (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Desiccation (Type: None, Passive. Improves the effectiveness of your SP reduction effects by 50%.)
5) Acid Wash (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))

Name : Ruhin
MaxHP: 49

Strength: 7
Magic   : 15
Agility : 25
Cunning : 29

Immune: Body Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
8) ------------

Name : Aithir
MaxHP: 46

Strength: 7
Magic   : 27
Vitality: 15
Agility : 19

Immune: Body Light Dark Matter
Weak  : Fire Ice Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
2) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10, and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Fotia
MaxHP: 38

Magic   : 26
Vitality: 6
Agility : 16

Immune: Fire Matter
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Fan Flames (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Must target an Ignited character. 55 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target for an unusually long duration. Cannot miss.)
4) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Saler

Postby Ferret » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:45 am

Oh, yes. Currently Focus Fire simply doesn't work on pacifists... though I suppose it is odd that even if they wanted to attack, they attack something else. :) I'll add it to the bug list, but it probably won't be fixed in the Brand build.

Re: Headless dance routine, not sure what happened there. :( If you catch it again, don't forget to save off your game data to send me, it helps a ton with rare AI bugs. :D I'll try to find it myself too, but a lot of little things can go into AI decision making, so reproducing AI bugs can be rough.

Larger corpse encounters can spawn with Sleep or Panic, chosen at random. :)

Leadership works with ranged physical attacks too, btw. Most Buffers still aren't likely to be great at those either, but at least they'll be safe. :) More to the point: it'd be difficult to special case a specific ability into not being chosen for those sorts of requests (well, difficult unless I just want to hardcode it, but I try not to do that.)

Yeah, a Fire build done with a focus on sustain can be *very* good at it... HP too, not just SP. :) Shock has more straightforward ways to get SP, but they're usually self only, Fire can share the benefits a bit better.

A bit bumpy, but it does sound like things're going well. :) Thanks for the feedback and report, and good luck post-Anomaly!
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion