My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby Saler » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:33 am

Ok, I wasn't aware of that “no hard coding” rule. And I was suspecting that Fire builds help with HP, I just didn't mention it because it didn't feel relevant yet in this run. That was part of my Magic based tank idea.
Tower 6: This might've been a very situational occurrence, but with 4 Easg Saints focus firing me I got hit 12 times before taking my turn. There's a possibility that having a party with a lot of turn delay (like 1, maybe 2, having turn delay builds and the remaining attackers having turn delay passives. Or, alternatively, the whole team is turn delay, defense and damage over time) is rather game breaking. Then again, with how troublesome that is to set up, it might just act like a reward for all the effort it took. :) I found a Fiery Ogre with Pyre Rite. I linked with him, giving Pyre Rite to Ruhin and Oppressor to Headless. I encounter Ludoc and kill him after some annoyance. I link with his Carbuncle to copy Mindreader to Dipsas, replacing Cleanse. I encounter a Dark/Something Orb of Power Wraith named Aza. I didn't feel like dealing with several Vigor Syphon sources in a fight like this, so I just ran.
Tower 7: Some Stymphalideses give me trouble. I find and link with an Arachne, giving Dipsas Mending. I also give it Fiery Claw, deleting it's exhaustion abilities. I find Lucky Dodge and replace Shocking Touch with it.
Tower 8: Headless' AI acted up again. I got a save, but it was after he started acting normal again, so I'm not sure if it will help. Also, this time the enemies were outside of Headless' line of sight, although they were still in mine. After a few fights I find Miodchaoin. By the time I thought to see if recruiting him could help me, he already had 10 HP left. :roll: So I killed him. Seeing how his Ogres had Direct attacks and Fire resistance, it would probably be too much trouble anyway. Tried to link with a pair of Angels I found for their Protect, Succeeded on the second one.
Turdak's Sanctum: Headless looses most of his MaxHP to a group of Akatekos I foolishly summoned him against. :( Later, I find Turdak. I link with him, then almost fail the link to Ruhin using Pink Whisper, causing Turdak to Leap Attack his Acheris. I had to use 2 Meteor Glyphs. I'm guessing it would be hard to make AI take those kinds of situations into account. Might be nice to have a “don't Charm/Panic this” option in Commands. I replace Headless, giving Turdak Swiftness, Bloodthirst and Leadership, replacing Leap Attack because I don't won't him to rush ahead of the group. Also, Dipsas gets Daring Cut instead of Swiftness. The remaining group was a bunch of Akateko, who didn't give me too much trouble. There was an encounter corpse remaining, but checking it had a chance of cutting me off from the portal, so I didn't take it.
Tower 9: The fights were mostly uneventful. I found Anzu, but his Light weakness would be inconvenient, so I killed him. His Demas, on other hand, didn't cause any weakness problems. Stat wise, it looks like it could potentially become a Magic based tank. I replaced Aithir, giving Fotia Light Dart and Slow so that I can keep them. I also give Demas Bask and Fiery Veil, but doing so immediately proved to be a mistake, seeing how I didn't have enough credits to fuse a Holy Fotia afterwards. :roll: There was a pair of encounter corpses, but both of them were just demon groups.
This run is about to get difficult again. The next step in improving this team would probably be getting a new healer, although Fotia and Ruhin are also falling behind in levels. I will also have to develop Demas. And now I have more abilities to copy to myself. I used to disregard Fire Starter before, but after encountering a few demon group with Fire resistance, I'm considering picking it up to at least reliably Ignite them.
I noticed that ability description that mention last action being a damaging ability also include harmful non-damaging abilities. Seeing how link descriptions do differentiate between the two, it could be a little misleading.
Is Warmth considered to be natural regeneration for effects like Melt and Bright Blood? Because the description doesn't make it clear.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Vodun Mask,
selected Fire and Fire as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 10058,
is currently at Tower:9,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 13
MaxHP: 83
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 4
Magic   : 43
Vitality: 23
Agility : 9
Cunning : 41

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
2) Fan Flames (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Must target an Ignited character. 55 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target for an unusually long duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Acid Wash (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
7) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
8) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Relic Upgrades:
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of roaming enemies on the map, even if you have not fully explored the level. Also warns you about summoner corpses whose Relics still contain active demons.)
Far Summon I (Increases the range of Summon by 2.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))

Inventory:
6 Pure gem
2 Calm card
2 Heart glyph
2 Bolt glyph
1 Pain glyph
2 Venom rune
2 Curse rune
2 Mirror chime
1 Magic map
1 Purple essence
1 Trouble chime
1 Frost glyph
7 Heal stone
2 Peace offering
1 Chakra gem
3 Heal gem
1 Bronze offering
1 Zephyr card

Current Credits: 1890

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 135 / 153 (88% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        3          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       0          0          1          6*         0         
Fire         3*         2          1*         2          2         
Ice          0          0          1          4*         2         
Electricity  0          0          3          3*         1         
Body         0          2          0          5*         0         
Mind         1          0          1          6*         0         
Matter       2*         2          2          3*         0         
Light        2          0          0          4          3*         
Dark         0          1          0          5*         1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
Level: 11
MaxHP: 76
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 17
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 35
Agility : 11
Cunning : 11

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
5) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)

Name : Culler Dipsas
Level: 15
MaxHP: 65

Strength: 18
Magic   : 24
Vitality: 16
Agility : 37
Cunning : 30

Resist: Electricity Matter
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Acid Wash (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
2) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
3) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
5) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
6) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
7) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
8) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)

Name : Ruhin
Level: 12
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 8
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 22
Agility : 29
Cunning : 34

Immune: Body Matter
Resist: Mind
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
4) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
7) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
8) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)

Name : Fotia
Level: 11
MaxHP: 50

Strength: 8
Magic   : 34
Vitality: 8
Agility : 21

Immune: Fire Matter
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Fan Flames (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Must target an Ignited character. 55 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target for an unusually long duration. Cannot miss.)
4) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
6) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Turdak
Level: 15
MaxHP: 65

Strength: 28
Magic   : 15
Agility : 33
Cunning : 27

Immune: Body Dark
Resist: Pierce Ice
Weak  : Impact Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
2) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
3) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
4) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
5) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
6) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)

Name : Demas
Level: 17
MaxHP: 74

Strength: 16
Magic   : 38
Vitality: 33
Cunning : 27

Immune: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Orb (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Pyrokinesis (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited character. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
4) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
5) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
6) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
7) ------------
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:23 am

The no hard coding thing isn't a rule so much as a Very strong guideline. :) I have been forced to do it in some cases, but it has to be in the service of addressing a very major issue or bug. If the threshold were lower... well, with 700+ abilities, you can imagine what the code would start to look like. :D

Turn delay has diminishing returns, but if you're getting constantly hammered with it, you can definitely end up getting stuck for a very long time. Even in the situation you describe though, I'd compare to Stun: If one of them had Stunned you instead, you'd have been 8 times instead of 12, but your evasion and many passives and reactives would have been nullified during that time. Stun vs. Turn Delay balance is basically: Stun eats one turn and makes you extra vulnerable, Turn Delay can eat two, but you keep your defenses, passives, etc.

That all aside: A turn delay party can indeed be powerful, especially combined with Ignite, Poison, Melt, and Regen. These effects become much more powerful if your enemies are losing lots of turns. :)

I got the Headless save files you sent: thank you. :D I'll check them out, but it may be a bit: I want to go ahead and focus on getting the test build for Brands ready at the moment. I'll be able to pivot back to bug-fixing while that's being tested.

Oof... yeah, the situation you describe with Turdak would be pretty difficult for the AI to catch. It was barely possible to get the AI to handle analyzing the *immediate* effect of ability usage in a timely and efficient manner. Getting them to be able to look ahead like that, taking into account Link conditions... whew. Your idea of a Command for it is interesting though... I'll put it on the "think about it" list. :D I usually resist micro-managey commands, but that one and some others like it might come in handy. For example, maybe a "Keep it Simple" command that tells your demons to stick to damage and healing only, don't waste time buffing/debuffing/controlling. Useful if you believe you need the damage to meet a deadline, or that the rest would be a waste versus easy targets, or some such. I dunno, but I'll think it over. :)

I admit, the evil ferret side of me is happy when I read someone skips a corpse check, especially an experienced player. :) If people checked them 100% of the time, that'd mean they were just free loot and experience. :D

Which harmful non-damaging ability is counting as a damaging ability, btw, if you remember?

Finally, re: Warmth. Melt prevents ALL HP Regeneration, not just natural, so yes, it blocks Warmth's HP recovery.

Bright Blood does not count Warmth: Natural means "what you have on your own, with no abilities or Brands factored in".

Thanks for the report, feedback, and save zips. :D I appreciate all of it. :D Good luck on the next leg of your run :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Got slightly distracted again.
My main concern with delay builds is that those are somewhat hard to resist. Delay abilities are mostly Mind and Body, some in Ice. That's 3 elements compared to normal 1. And, usually, their infliction chance is somewhat high. I might try making a delay build to test it.
Actually, now that I think about it, I might've forgotten what is considered to be a damaging ability. Is it that it has to deal direct damage or are damage over time effects included as well? It was Ember Burst. Sorry if I got confused. :roll:
Tower 10: There was some trouble with Alas and Akatekos. I also got a large corpse encounter. No much else happen.
Tower 11: I link with an Alicanto for Codex completion. I give Bright Flash to Dipsas, replacing Acid Wash. I also link with a Hulking Ehlose for it's Bloodlust, replacing Dipsas' Tormentor. I also got to level 15 and decided to try out Call Demon this run. Nothing else of interest happen.
Tower 12: Demas comes close to death against Chachapumas, but I beat them without any losses. After a few more battles, I find Lioth. And he had Charlie. Turdak gets focus fire to critical HP immediately, Demas soon follows. But then I manage to do enough damage quickly, forcing him to spend a few turns without any demons out. He manages to heal himself and summon more demons, but I get rid of those too. In the end, Charlie remains alive, and I easily recruit him with the large amount of items I had with me. :) I replace Fotia, giving Slow to Demas. Then, I encounter a Hob and recruit him with HP and a few Healing Stones. I give him Healing Charm, Bask, Tireless and the missing status removal skills, replacing Soothe and Recover. I was considering leaving him with Soothe, but my primary frontliners are evasion based right now. After that battle, I find an easy corpse encounter.
Tower 13: Most of the floor was rather uneventful, although my Demas got badly wounded again. Then I find Pele and link with her. I managed to have close to maximum SP the entire time. Also, Kamapaua'a isn't nearly as dangerous as he normally is if you have the opportunity to focus fire him. :) I guess I won't have to Call Ukobach now. I delete Ruhin, passing on a bunch of abilities to other demons.
This was a less eventful section. Next up is Ninkasi's Sanctum, and I'll need to consider, how I will have to modify my party. Ninkasi is very good, and I don't want to pass up on her, but all of my demons are rather recent. I will have to hand out Warmth, maybe Bask also. Is party is really good so far, although I have 3 Ice weaknesses and lost a few good skills with Ruhin.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 16716,
is currently at Tower:13,
and is still alive!

MaxHP: 98

Magic   : 51
Vitality: 27
Cunning : 49

Abilities Known:
1) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
2) Fan Flames (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Must target an Ignited character. 55 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target for an unusually long duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
6) Acid Wash (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
7) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
8) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Relic Upgrades:
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of roaming enemies on the map, even if you have not fully explored the level. Also warns you about summoner corpses whose Relics still contain active demons.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Call Demon (Unlocks the Call Demon transmuation, which calls forth a non-unique demon of your choice from among every variety you have successfully linked with. Demons called forth in this way are hostile, though not Distrustful.)

Inventory:
6 Pure gem
2 Calm card
2 Heart glyph
2 Bolt glyph
2 Pain glyph
2 Venom rune
2 Curse rune
2 Mirror chime
2 Magic map
1 Purple essence
1 Trouble chime
3 Frost glyph
2 Peace offering
1 Bronze offering
2 Zephyr card
6 Heal stone
2 Heal gem
1 Tempest rune
1 Wind card
1 Green essence
1 Might gem
1 Chakra gem

Current Credits: 678

Shared Codex   : 137 / 153 (89% complete)

Slash        2          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       1          0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       0          0          1          6*         0         
Fire         3*         2          1*         2          2         
Ice          0          0          3          1*         3         
Electricity  0          0          3          3*         1         
Body         0          2          0          5*         0         
Mind         2          1          0          6*         0         
Matter       3*         1          2          3*         1         
Light        0          0          0          4          3*         
Dark         0          1          0          6*         0         

MaxHP: 71

Strength: 19
Magic   : 26
Vitality: 17
Agility : 40
Cunning : 33

Abilities Known:
1) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
2) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
3) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
5) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
6) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
7) Bright Flash (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 35% chance to inflict Blind, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)
8) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)

Name : Turdak
Level: 18
MaxHP: 74

Strength: 31
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 25
Cunning : 31

Immune: Body Dark
Resist: Pierce Ice
Weak  : Impact Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
2) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
3) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
4) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
5) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
6) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)

Name : Demas
Level: 20
MaxHP: 81

Strength: 18
Magic   : 42
Vitality: 36
Agility : 24
Cunning : 30

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Orb (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Pyrokinesis (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited character. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
4) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
5) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
6) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
7) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
8) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))

Name : Charlie
MaxHP: 70

Strength: 21
Magic   : 39
Vitality: 21
Agility : 30
Cunning : 39

Immune: Body Mind Matter
Resist: Ice
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Lob Stone (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (4))
2) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
3) Hysteria (Type: Mind, 20 SP. Must target a Panicked character. 70% chance to inflict Panic on an enemy near the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
5) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
6) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) Vise (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.) Cannot miss.)
8) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)

Name : Hob
Level: 16
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 20
Vitality: 29
Agility : 18
Cunning : 29

Weak  : Fire Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)

Name : Pele
Level: 19
MaxHP: 87

Magic   : 56
Vitality: 26
Agility : 26
Cunning : 20

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 10% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
8) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:35 pm

If you do try a Delay build, make sure to report how it goes. :D I don't know if anyone but me has tried one before.

Yes, an ability counts as damaging if it causes a damaging status condition like Ignite or Poison, so Ember Burst would qualify. :) No worries on the confusion, different games have sliced that different ways. :)

I wonder if people would forgive me for making corpse encounters nastier... I've been trying to decide if they should have Brands (probably they should), and that led me to revisiting if they should also have a chance to be modified. :D

It sounds like things are going pretty well (with the exception of your poor, much-abused Demas :D ) as you enter the second half. :D Good luck with Ninkasi's Sanctum, and thanks for the report. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:31 pm

I'll see if I can make the first character in the newer version a delay build.
Part of the confusion with those abilities being counted as damaging for purposes of other abilities (and, I assume, links) is that they do not remove Sleep, and that might make the player think that they are considered to be just hostile.
From a certain point of view, Demas getting beat up so often means I'm making good use of my resources. But considering what happened in this section... :roll:
Ninkasi's Sanctum: after defeating most groups here, I encounter Lifegiver Jinns and Pixies with Apocalypse. I kill the Pixies, retreat to heal, kill 2 Jinns, lead the last one to the remaining group and try to link with it. Unfortunately, It dies from focused fire, and Ninkasi gains Distrust as the result. So much for Ever Ready. :( At least I had an excuse to use Green Essence.
Back at Tower 13, I find a Crown of Glory Wraith named Enji. The battle was pretty easy. I decide to give Ghost Shock From it's Ogre to my Turdak.
Tower 14: My team lost a chunk of MaxHP to Mummies. Later, I almost went into preservation. (I had 1 HP remaining for 2 turns :o ) I spend some Credits to give Charlie Bask and Spellbinder, removing Short Jaunt and Vise. Then, I link with a Foul Pixie to get it's Afflicter, replacing Charlie's Innocence. (It's basically never going to trigger in a Fire build) I also link with an Ooze for Codex completion.
Tower 15: I had a fight where Hob for some reason prioritized putting Regeneration on my Dipsas rather than removing it's Charm. And then it put it on Demas. And then itself. :x I did remember to make a save of it, if it helps. I also fought Adria, and beat her after using a Healing Stone and an Orange Essence.
Medusa's Sanctum: I encountered Medusa's group while resting, and it ended up killing Turdak. Hob decided to Regenerate Turdak instead of removing his Hardening, and the later got focus fired to death. :x So I kill the Gorgons, retreat, and attempt to link with her. I succeed, using a pair of Healing Stones and a Bolt Glyph, mostly because I probably wouldn't find a good situation to use 2 of them. I also got Petra Gaze from a corpse, and decided to replace Acid Wash. Kuchisakes gave me a lot of trouble this floor – battles against them were basically doing a lot of switching out to endure a really hectic battle. I decide to give Charlie Petra Glare to trigger Afflicter more, replacing Lob Stone. I also give Demas Warmth, replacing Slow, to try to make it frontline worthy. And while at it, I give Medusa Fiery Claw and Warmth, deleting Poison Bite.
Tower 16: After a few easy fights, I encounter a group of Onis, and the focus fire Demas to death. I think the Nuppeppos that were in their group caused turn delay that didn't allow me to dismiss Demas in time. I decided to try to save enough Credits for a restore. I also had a dragged out battle against Archangels and Unicorns. I found an underleveled Relic Wraith and tried to recruit it's Archangel as a (probably) temporary replacement, but it's Heroism proved to be too much, so I ran to the next floor.
I should be able to restore Demas soon, and then my team will be mostly complete, I think. I should, perhaps, take the recent events as a sign of Demas being too weak. Maybe I should use a fusion of some sort, like Lifegiver, for stats.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 29707,
is currently at Tower:17,
and is still alive!

Level: 22
MaxHP: 120

Magic   : 63
Vitality: 36
Cunning : 63

Abilities Known:
6) Petra Gaze (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Harden, which quickly turns the target to Stone. Cooldown: Presence (6))

Relic Upgrades:
Call Demon (Unlocks the Call Demon transmuation, which calls forth a non-unique demon of your choice from among every variety you have successfully linked with. Demons called forth in this way are hostile, though not Distrustful.)

Inventory:
6 Pure gem
2 Calm card
2 Heart glyph
1 Bolt glyph
2 Pain glyph
2 Venom rune
2 Curse rune
2 Mirror chime
2 Magic map
1 Purple essence
1 Trouble chime
4 Frost glyph
4 Peace offering
1 Bronze offering
2 Zephyr card
5 Heal gem
1 Tempest rune
9 Heal stone
1 Wind card
2 Might gem
1 Chakra gem
1 Pure stone
1 Chakra stone
1 Red essence
1 Blizzard rune

Current Credits: 4037

Shared Codex   : 138 / 153 (90% complete)

Slash        2          0          0          6*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          6*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          6*         0         
Fire         2*         1          1*         3          1         
Ice          0          0          2          2*         2         
Electricity  0          0          2          3*         1         
Body         0          1          0          5*         0         
Mind         1          1          0          5*         0         
Matter       4*         1          1          3*         1         
Light        0          0          0          3          3*         
Dark         0          0          0          5*         1         

MaxHP: 78

Strength: 22
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 19
Agility : 44
Cunning : 36

Abilities Known:
1) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
2) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
3) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
5) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
6) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
7) Bright Flash (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 35% chance to inflict Blind, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)
8) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)

Level: 24
MaxHP: 79

Strength: 24
Magic   : 45
Vitality: 23
Agility : 34
Cunning : 44

Abilities Known:
1) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
2) Hysteria (Type: Mind, 20 SP. Must target a Panicked character. 70% chance to inflict Panic on an enemy near the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (4))
4) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
5) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
6) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
7) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Matter, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison or Held stacking does not count as a new effect.))
8) Petra Glare (Type: Matter, 25 SP. 50% chance to inflict Harden on enemies, which quickly turns the targets to Stone. Cooldown: Presence (9))

Level: 21
MaxHP: 94

Strength: 25
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 34

Abilities Known:
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
6) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)

Level: 23
MaxHP: 100

Magic   : 64
Vitality: 30
Cunning : 23

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 10% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
8) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)

Name : Medusa
MaxHP: 118

Strength: 27
Vitality: 34
Agility : 34

Abilities Known:
1) Petra Glare (Type: Matter, 25 SP. 50% chance to inflict Harden on enemies, which quickly turns the targets to Stone. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Reactive. Resets your Presence cooldown when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less. Cooldown: Bravado (1))
5) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
6) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by enemies by restoring 3 SP.)
7) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
8) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:34 pm

Sleep ends when the target is attacked, not when the target is damaged... but I admit that's a distinction that's probably easy to lose. I was trying to spare the AI the problem of having to figure out if it should Ignite/Melt/Poison when it has allies who can use Sleep, and other similar issues. :D

Yeah, please send the file of the first Hob incident. :) Granted, depending on the situation, the first behavior may not have been wrong, but I admit it's suspicious enough to warrant a look. Between that and the Turdak bit, I wonder if Regen somehow has ended up too high value.

Oni/Nuppeppo is a nasty bit of business: both of them are capable of disrupting turns, and the Oni are good targets for healing on top of it.

Fusion for stats isn't a bad idea: most Fusions give a +12% MaxHP boost on top of the stat changes they make, so if you pick one that causes a shift towards Vitality without hurting stats you use too much, it can be a pretty big help for survival.

You're pretty much in the home stretch now. :D Thanks for the report, and definitely send the Hob save file, I'll check it out and see if I can figure out what's wrong (probably with Regen evaluation.)
Ferret

Postby Saler » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:20 am

And, suddenly, what looked like a run on the victorious path went real bad. :o Not critically bad, but still real bad.
Tower 17: I gather enough Credits to Restore Demas. In a fight against Yetis, I forgot about Dipsas' Ice weakness, and it's Diehard triggers. I also find a group of light demons with Rullers, but it was surprisingly easy. I guess Petra Gaze and fire based healing helped a lot. There also was a large corpse encounter, but it was rather easy. Charlie took a MaxHP hit, my HP was at about 50% at one point from Poison, but other than that, it was under control. I guess part of the reason corpse encounters feel a bit on the easier side is because their composition isn't balanced: you mind end up fighting mostly support demons or damaging demons without sufficient support. Honestly, giving them a chance to spawn modified shouldn't break anything too badly. In worst case scenario, you can avoid checking corpses in their position is.
Tower 18: I link with an Umdhlebi to fuse a Lifebende Demas. It gets Draw Wounds and Meditate as result. I discarded Draw Wounds, but decided to replace Pink Whisper with Meditate. It won't be too good on Demas, but I want to try and make use of it, seeing how it's a rather rare ability. :) I still have access to Alluring Veil. Then I run into Tlaloc. I thought my party had enough AoE and healing, so I fought him normally. He got Paniced, dropped a Snowstorm on his group, dropped a Heling Rain on mine, got turned to Stone and died. It was rather anti-climactic. :)
Anansi's Sanctum: I link with Anansi, moslty for Codex completion. I decide to give Pele Ritualist, passing Vigorous to Hob, deleting it's Tireless. I accidentally waste about 950 credits by deleting Ritualist from Pele the first time. :x I also get to level 25 and get S.E.P.I for more credits. Pele also nearly dies to Poison++ and Melt. I had a few dragged out figths, but fire healing helped a lot. I also found an Orb of Power Wraith named Ghast Wight. My party took a lot of damage from Poison and Melt early on. I retreated and decided to just flee the level – it's party was higher level than mine, and fire builds seem to be bad against damage over time effects. I guess that's because fire builds like to drag fights out to make most of their healing, but damage over time makes that hard to do.
Tower 19: Part way through the floor, I find Jayle. He had Reprobus with him. He also had fire immune Soul Armor. I tried to fight him, but I was falling behind in party HP, and I decided to flee to the next floor. It might've been a better idea to start using more items to heal, seeing how I missed out on a bunch of Exp.
Tower 20: I link with Charun for Codex completion. I also copy Meditate to Hob, replacing Regenerate which mostly ruins it's AI. :roll: Just in time, seeing how Demas died again, this time to Powers and Rulers focus firing it. And then I lose Charlie because it went into melee range with a Power. :( I manage to kill the 2 Powers, retreat and Restore Charlie. I then kill the remaining enemy demons. I find Storm Strike on a corpse, and decide to replace Combust with it, seeing how I wasn't using it much anyway. I attempt to recruit a Catoblepas to fill my empty slot, but I fail and flee to the next floor.
That Powers and Rulers group has basically single handedly crippled me. I think I can recover from this, but it will be rough. I might stop going to Sanctums to take less risks.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 43312,
is currently at Tower:21,
and is still alive!

Level: 26
MaxHP: 133

Magic   : 72
Vitality: 39
Agility : 14
Cunning : 71

Abilities Known:
1) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
6) Petra Gaze (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Harden, which quickly turns the target to Stone. Cooldown: Presence (6))

Relic Upgrades:
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)

Inventory:
6 Pure gem
3 Calm card
2 Heart glyph
1 Bolt glyph
2 Pain glyph
2 Venom rune
2 Curse rune
2 Mirror chime
3 Magic map
1 Trouble chime
4 Frost glyph
6 Peace offering
1 Bronze offering
3 Zephyr card
5 Heal gem
1 Tempest rune
11 Heal stone
1 Wind card
2 Might gem
1 Chakra gem
7 Pure stone
2 Chakra stone
2 Red essence
1 Blizzard rune

Current Credits: 1123

Shared Codex   : 140 / 153 (91% complete)

Slash        2          0          0          6*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          6*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          6*         0         
Fire         2*         1          1*         3          1         
Ice          0          0          2          2*         2         
Electricity  1*         0          2          3*         1         
Body         0          1          0          5*         0         
Mind         1          1          0          5*         0         
Matter       4*         1          1          3*         1         
Light        0          0          0          3          3*         
Dark         0          0          0          5*         1         

Level: 23
MaxHP: 86

Magic   : 32
Vitality: 21
Agility : 48
Cunning : 40

Abilities Known:

MaxHP: 104

Strength: 27
Magic   : 45
Vitality: 38
Agility : 23
Cunning : 37

Abilities Known:
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
6) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

MaxHP: 108

Strength: 21
Magic   : 70
Vitality: 32
Agility : 32
Cunning : 25

Abilities Known:
6) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
7) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Level: 27
MaxHP: 128

Strength: 29
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 37
Cunning : 45

Abilities Known:
1) Petra Glare (Type: Matter, 25 SP. 50% chance to inflict Harden on enemies, which quickly turns the targets to Stone. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Reactive. Resets your Presence cooldown when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less. Cooldown: Bravado (1))
5) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
6) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by enemies by restoring 3 SP.)
7) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))

MaxHP: 85

Strength: 25
Magic   : 47
Vitality: 25
Agility : 36
Cunning : 47

Abilities Known:
1) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
2) Hysteria (Type: Mind, 20 SP. Must target a Panicked character. 70% chance to inflict Panic on an enemy near the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (4))
4) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
5) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
6) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
7) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Matter, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison or Held stacking does not count as a new effect.))
8) Petra Glare (Type: Matter, 25 SP. 50% chance to inflict Harden on enemies, which quickly turns the targets to Stone. Cooldown: Presence (9))
Saler

Postby SummerSnowman » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:21 am

Having my party die on me is part of the reason why I like playing the new crown of glory. More party slots means more resistances and roles covered, softening the damage that enemies might deal to me.

To win this game, I think I would try to run directly for the portals and bronze offering a stronger tier 3 unit. I would also make sure to use items liberally to survive. That was how I won my first game but it was very risky too since my demons were underleveled. Not sure if it would work for you though, since you've got some bad resistances to Ice and Light, so a pack of Gelidus Light demons might be hard to fight.
SummerSnowman

Postby Saler » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:18 pm

It felt like I could beat most encounters, except for Valindra and Tremane. I can still fight well without Demas. In short, I took unnececary risk, but I didn't take reckless ones.
Tower 21: I run into Ogun with Eliminator Cherufe. They ended up just wasting most of their SP. Storm Strike took out Ogun quickly too. I then fight another Cherufe group, this time Stone helped me out. :) Then I recruit a Civatateo. I decided to keep it. I gave it Rain of Fire, Firestarter and Afflicter. I also encountered another Power group, but I killed them without too much trouble. This floor had a portal to Yaga's Sanctum, but I didn't feel all that confident in my team after recent events. Also, it would likely lead to taking MaxHP damage, and that could cripple me even worse.
Tower 22: I lose my Civatateo to underestimating Leib-olmais. :( I also get reduced to ~30 MaxHP for the same reason. :o I link with an Amdhlebi. I succeed, but quickly replace it with a Shojo. Gave it Acid Burst. I found a Shikome group, and Charlie and Dipsas both took a MaxHP hit. This floor also had Tremane, but for similar reasons to avoiding the Sanctum, I avoid him.
Nothing much happen on Tower 23. I started right next to the Victory portal, but decided to explore a bit before taking it. I fought a Bonnanchon/Mulasa and Abatwa/Basilisk groups, but then I found a demon group I wasn't sure if I could handle, so I went to the protal. Didn't want to throw away a victorious run that's also the last run on an outdated version. :)
If I got on the scoreboard, then I would get 31st place on this run. Might've gotten 30th by 2nd cycle.

Pele, Dipsas and Hob were my best demons. Pele was my main damage dealer, dealing a lot of AoE damage and applying Ignite. Dipsas was an very evasive frontliner that helped a lot with Blind. Hob was a very good healer after I removed Regenerate.
Medusa and Charlie were also very good. Medusa was both a healer and a tank. Charlie consistently disrupted enemy demons with Panic. Both also inflicted Stone, removing resistances and causing more disruption. On the topic of Stone: if Charm ever gets too overpowered, it might be possible to reign it in by giving it a mechanic similar to Harden. Both Stone and Charm disable a demon for several turns without Sleep's drawbacks and both have additional powerful effects. I guess Stone has a lot of abilities supporting it, making it more powerful.

Going onto the new version now. I'm going to try to make a delay build if possible. :)
Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/13/2018, Scoring Model: 5/11/2018
Dump file created at: 3/2/2019 6:01:30 PM

Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 51112,
is currently at Tower:23,
and is still alive!

Level: 28
MaxHP: 139

Strength: 9
Magic   : 76
Vitality: 40
Cunning : 76

Abilities Known:
1) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)

Relic Upgrades:
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)

Inventory:
6 Pure gem
3 Calm card
2 Heart glyph
1 Bolt glyph
3 Pain glyph
2 Venom rune
2 Curse rune
2 Mirror chime
3 Magic map
1 Trouble chime
4 Frost glyph
7 Peace offering
1 Bronze offering
3 Zephyr card
4 Heal gem
1 Tempest rune
11 Heal stone
2 Might gem
1 Chakra gem
1 Red essence
1 Blizzard rune
8 Pure stone
2 Chakra stone

Current Credits: 2971

Shared Codex   : 140 / 153 (91% complete)

Slash        2          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          7*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         2*         1          1*         4          1         
Ice          0          0          3          2*         2         
Electricity  1*         0          2          3*         2         
Body         1          1          1          5*         0         
Mind         1          1          0          6*         0         
Matter       5*         1          1          4*         1         
Light        0          0          0          4          3*         
Dark         0          0          0          6*         1         

MaxHP: 89

Magic   : 33
Agility : 50

Abilities Known:

Level: 25
MaxHP: 106

Strength: 28
Magic   : 46
Agility : 24
Cunning : 38

Abilities Known:
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
6) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

MaxHP: 111

Strength: 22
Magic   : 71
Vitality: 33
Agility : 33
Cunning : 26

Abilities Known:
6) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
7) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Level: 29
MaxHP: 136

Strength: 31
Magic   : 39
Agility : 39
Cunning : 47

Abilities Known:

MaxHP: 87

Strength: 26
Magic   : 48
Cunning : 48

Abilities Known:

Name : Shojo
MaxHP: 104

Strength: 36
Magic   : 44
Vitality: 43
Cunning : 43

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Life Bloom (Type: Healing, 30 SP. Only affects characters with the Regeneration effect. 105 Power heal.)
3) Envenom Host (Type: Body, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Acid Burst (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Umdhlebi
MaxHP: 113

Magic   : 20
Vitality: 59
Agility : 13
Cunning : 58

Immune: Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Envenom Host (Type: Body, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Acid Burst (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
4) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Anansi
MaxHP: 98

Strength: 15
Magic   : 38
Vitality: 30
Agility : 46
Cunning : 61

Resist: Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Muddle (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
2) Wrap Host (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Relieving Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
6) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) ------------

Name : Charun
MaxHP: 110

Strength: 75
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 37
Cunning : 14

Resist: Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Grand Slam (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Agony (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies without the Agony status effect. 70 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifebender Demas
Level: 25

Magic   : 57
Vitality: 51
Agility : 22
Cunning : 28

Abilities Known:
8) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))

Name : Civatateo
MaxHP: 93

Magic   : 73
Agility : 30
Cunning : 42

Resist: Ice Body Light Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
2) Life Drain (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
3) Light Veil (Type: Light, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
6) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
8) ------------

Name : Umdhlebi

Magic   : 20
Vitality: 59
Agility : 13
Cunning : 58

Abilities Known:
1) Envenom Host (Type: Body, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Acid Burst (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
4) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Ouch. I don't usually think of Leib-olmais being high-powered offensive units myself, even... after all, they only have one offensive ability out of five, technically. But on a second look, that ability is backed by high Strength, and the buffs and heals the other abilities grant can make them more deadly and harder to take down/control, so it makes sense now that I think about it. :D

It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D Little quirks like this that came from following the mythology always amuse me. :)

I'm glad you were able pull out a win despite the late game trouble. :D I *think* Charm is okay for the moment... but there are other knobs I could turn there too. Shin Megami Tensei, for example, usually has Charm split between staring bemusedly into space *or* acting against the party... and then, even when it picks act against the party, it limits to using support abilities on enemies or basic attacks on allies. The only reason I'd avoid a Harden-like thing for Charm is because control-based stopping power is supposed to be one of crown jewels of Mind; putting a delay on it starting might take too much away from that. :)

Thanks for the report, and congrats on the win. :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion