My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs.

Postby Saler » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:52 am

Yeah, the pouncing through wall thing was probably just a graphical effect.
That's some sleep there. Not as bad as being asleep, burning in two different ways, berserk, confused, melting, bleeding heavily, distracted, frozen and flying backwards from a powerful attack, I guess (Yes, there's a game where that is possible :). Makes more sense to me becouse attacking also doesn't remove sleep there).

I made a Hand of the Dead (Slash/Dark) character.
And he died on Tower 2 to Hou Shu. Being on fire = bad. :)
Second character cleared West Hideout (That's how Tower 1 ½ refered to in the files, I think) and Ccoa's Sanctum. I probably could've recruited Ccoa, but I didn't want to deal with it and charged Zars at the same time.
Besides getting into 2 fights at once in West Hideout, a bad Ukobah fight where I didn't avoid their line of fire to well or some Aeras fights in the Sanctum I didn't have much dificulty yet.
I also had AI not being cooperative and attack non-link targets. Twice. One time caused the link to fail. :x
Sometimes I would recruit demons just to delete them and get some CP. :)
Recruited Headless.
Fused a Cursed Goblin with Hinder, Weaken and Piercing Cry and a Lifegiver Faerie with Cleanse, Calm, Absolve, Healing Charm and Soothe, so I have many debuffs, status removal and good healing.
Probably going to fuse Easg Saint and Echeneis in some way next.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Hand of the Dead,
selected Slash and Dark as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 1914,
is currently at Tower:5,
and is still alive!
--==== Main Character ====--
Name : Saler
Level: 5
MaxHP: 60
MaxSP: 100
Strength: 19
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 22
Agility : 11
Cunning : 19
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light
Abilities Known:
1) Maul (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Terrifying (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
3) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
5) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) ------------
Relic Upgrades:
Consume (Delete Demon now restores your HP and SP based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = stronger effect).)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Quick Dismiss (Makes Dismiss a free action with a 1 turn cooldown.)
Inventory:
1 Silver offering
1 Pain glyph
3 Heal stone
1 Chakra gem
1 Heal gem
1 Night rune
1 Pure gem
1 Peace offering
3 Pure stone
1 Zephyr card
1 Heart glyph
Current Credits: 435
Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 24 / 114 (21% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--
Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        2*         0          0          6*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          6*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          6*         0         
Fire         0          0          1          5*         0         
Ice          1          0          2          4*         0         
Electricity  0          0          0          4*         2         
Body         0          0          1          3*         2         
Mind         0          0          1          4*         1         
Light        1          1          0          3          2*         
Dark         1*         0          1*         4          1         
n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--
Name : Cursed Goblin
MaxHP: 46
Strength: 11
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 10
Agility : 15
Cunning : 31
Resist: Fire
Weak  : Mind
Abilities Known:
1) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
2) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
3) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
6) Weaken (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
7) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
8) ------------

Name : Echeneis
MaxHP: 48
Strength: 12
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 21
Cunning : 10
Resist: Ice
Weak  : Electricity
Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 65
Strength: 18
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 31
Agility : 10
Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light
Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Faerie
Level: 4
MaxHP: 44
MaxSP: 125
Strength: 4
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 12
Agility : 18
Cunning : 14
Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body
Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 10 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)

Name : Easg saint
MaxHP: 38
Strength: 7
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 8
Agility : 20
Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark
Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Were you using Command to order your demons to attack the link target? They should obey that pretty strictly (though not entirely strictly: they will still do other things if they become very high priority, such as healing near-death allies) I have considered making this automatic in the case of a link that requires killing a target, but given it does make them rather single-minded about it, I haven't actually gone that far.

Another trick you can use w/ Recycle, btw: Recycle's benefit is in large part based on the number of levels a demon has gained from their starting level. If you encounter unusually low level demons on a floor (this often happens w/ support demons like Gandayahs, Faeries, etc.), recruit them and let them hang out for a bit while you fight. They should gain several levels quickly, making them quite profitable to get rid of. :D

But, probably the best use is for catch-and-recycling enemy summoners minions. :D These have often already been leveled several levels, and can be immediately recycled for significant gains. :)
Ferret

Postby Saler » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:53 pm

YASD. Died in Python's Sanctum becouse I forgot Asrai hit harder when in melee.
At Tower 5 I had a few problematic fights with Easg Saints. Then I went to Anomaly.
Why are there so many Slimes in Anomaly? One group felt like it was made out of just 7 Slimes and nothing else. Recruited an Asrai here. Went to Python's Sanctum.
Here I for the first time made the enemy have to aproach my projectile users instead of the other way around.
Ran into Python afterwords. This battle went on a long time becouse his helpers were all solid. I thought of Recruiting Python, but wasn't confident that I could do it. Recruited an Aspis later to replace by Ogre and not have 2 frontliners with Electricity weakneses. Didn't get to use, as I got clumsy and died in the next fight. This death really feels like it was 100% my mistake.
I might use the same character again, mosty becouse this is actualy the first character I ever used in this game.
I did use command to direct my demons, but in the instance where I failed the link that 1 turn of them not focusing is what caused me to fail.
Thanks for the Recycle tips. I'll try to use them next time. Unless I forget.
I don't understand how Poison stacking works. Sometimes it just extended Poison+ lenghs, sometimes it went to Poison++. Does the game still say that the effect will last longer even if you resist?
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 3332,
is currently at Python's Sanctum,
and is quite dead!

Level: 7
MaxHP: 67

Strength: 21
Vitality: 24
Cunning : 21

Abilities Known:
2) Terrifying (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
3) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
5) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) ------------

Relic Upgrades:
Consume (Delete Demon now restores your HP and SP based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = stronger effect).)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)

Inventory:
1 Silver offering
1 Pain glyph
2 Heal stone
1 Chakra gem
1 Heal gem
1 Night rune
1 Pure gem
1 Peace offering
4 Pure stone
1 Zephyr card
1 Heart glyph
1 Bronze offering

Current Credits: 306

Shared Codex   : 27 / 114 (23% complete)

Slash        2*         0          0          7*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          7*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          1          5*         1         
Ice          2          1          2          3*         1         
Electricity  0          0          0          6*         1         
Body         0          0          2          3*         2         
Mind         0          0          1          4*         2         
Light        1          1          0          4          2*         
Dark         1*         0          1*         5          1         

Name : Cursed Goblin
MaxHP: 52

Magic   : 9
Agility : 17
Cunning : 35

Abilities Known:
1) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
2) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
6) Weaken (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
7) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
8) ------------

MaxHP: 73

Vitality: 35
Agility : 12
Cunning : 11

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Faerie
Level: 6
MaxHP: 51

Strength: 5
Magic   : 24
Vitality: 14
Agility : 21
Cunning : 16

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 10 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)

Name : Frigid Easg saint
MaxHP: 49

Strength: 6
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 11
Agility : 21
Cunning : 13

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
5) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
6) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
7) Frost Armor (Type: Ice, Passive. When your last action was an Ice ability, you have 25% improved defense.)
8) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)

Name : Asrai

Magic   : 28
Vitality: 7
Agility : 19
Cunning : 15

Immune: Ice
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
4) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Aspis
MaxHP: 59

Magic   : 8
Vitality: 30
Agility : 13
Cunning : 13

Resist: Body
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Your easg saint chants while pointing at you.
 Your easg saint looks more tired.
 You feel refreshed.
 Your easg saint smites the asrai.
 The asrai stumbles.
 The asrai throws a frost dart at you.
 The asrai freezes you. You feel more tired.
 The asrai throws a frost dart at Headless.
 The asrai freezes Headless.
 It isn't very effective.
 Headless will be shivering longer!
 Headless looks more tired.
 Headless slashes the asrai.
 Headless kills the asrai!!
 Your easg saint looks more powerful!
 Your easg saint looks energized! (x2)
 The gandayah chants while pointing at the asrai.
 The gandayah looks more tired.
 The asrai looks refreshed.
 Your easg saint throws a frost dart at the
 gandayah.
 Your goblin dodges your easg saint's attack!
 Headless dodges your easg saint's attack!
 Your easg saint freezes the gandayah.
 The gandayah starts shivering!
 You don't have enough SP to use Haunt.
 The asrai freezes you.
 You feel like you will be cold longer!
 You feel more tired. The asrai freezes you.
 You feel more tired.
 The gandayah chants while pointing at the asrai.
 The gandayah looks more tired.
 The asrai looks refreshed.
 Your easg saint chants while pointing at you.
 Your easg saint looks more tired.
 You feel refreshed.
 Your goblin gestures at the gandayah.
 The gandayah looks less evasive!
 You are in danger!
 Using Dismiss...
 You unsummon your goblin!
 Using Summon...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute, Escape to
 cancel.
 You summon your faerie!
 The asrai freezes you.
 You feel like you will be cold longer!
 You feel more tired. The asrai freezes you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Ilomba
MaxHP: 37

Strength: 13
Magic   : 11

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 65% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jiang shi
Level: 3
MaxHP: 40

Strength: 16
Vitality: 16

Resist: Body Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Gandayah
MaxHP: 48

Strength: 15
Magic   : 18

Resist: Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ilomba

Abilities Known:
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 65% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 52

Vitality: 23
Agility : 16

Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ogre
MaxHP: 55

Strength: 26
Vitality: 25
Cunning : 9

Weak  : Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:54 pm

The slimes serve a few purposes in Anomaly:

1) They're one of the few monsters (other than those unique to Anomaly) that fit its theme of "incomplete, raw, unformed" types of demons. (Gremlin is given a pass on the premise that they, with their ability to break things, may be the reason for the Anomaly to begin with.)
2) They're a pretty easy fight in a relatively nasty area. I don't usually go for this sort of thing, but Anomaly is nasty enough to warrant giving an occasional break.
3) Easy access to Reshape and/or Malleable can provide a bit of relief for those who find the relatively high damage encounters a bit rough.

As for Poison stacking: when you use Poison on an already Poisoned target, there are three possible results:

1) Resisted. "The monster resists." No change in the enemy's condition.
2) Duration refresh. "The monster will be poisoned longer." The current level of Poison has its duration reset.
3) Upgrade. "The monster is badly poisoned." The Poison has been upgraded.

For a non-Resist result, Upgrading is 50% likely at Poison, 25% likely at Poison+, and not possible at Poison++ (since that's the maximum Poison level.) Any non-Resist result that isn't an upgrade will instead be a Duration refresh.
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:56 pm

More uses for Anomaly Slimes
Recycle-Fodder
Fusing with Raiju... Being Solid really helps Raiju and their low HP out.
wizzzargh

Postby Saler » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:15 am

So, after a MUCH longer break than planed, I have another character that got decently far.
I had 3 more Hand of the Dead characters die before this one. Interestingly, the 5th character killed 4th character's wraith.
This run made me take a few options I don't usually take, like making a Violent Malingee instead of Solid, or Fiery Faerie instead of Lifegiver. I also made a Violent Headless (Headless comes with many good skills, so I would have trouble giving them up and copying them would cost a lot of Cash.).
I died to Ludoc's summons in Anomaly 2. He had more summons than I thought remaining, and I also kept attacking instead of healing, hoping to recruit the demon that was dealing the most damage to me. Instead, I died. Looking at the last messages, it seems I died becouse of turn order being unfavorable.
Hand of the Dead characters can easily make all the SP they need with Maul + Tormentor and they can also potentially deal a lot of damage. I'm actually not sure if Vigorous was the best skill to get from Zaji or whatever his/her name is.
Probably going to try Titan's Fist next. It's actually the only Relic I didn't use yet.

I think I seen a Demon go from no Poison to Poison+. Is that intended? And if it is, then how does it work?
I's also a bit curious about how demon's actions are decided when it's paniced. They seem to actually atempt to harm allies.

Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 3518,
is currently at Anomaly:2,
and is quite dead!

MaxHP: 67

Strength: 22
Vitality: 24
Agility : 14
Cunning : 21

Abilities Known:
4) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
5) Cleave (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
7) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
8) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))

Relic Upgrades:

Inventory:
1 Chakra gem
1 Mirror chime
1 Guardian gem
1 Blizzard rune
2 Chakra stone
1 Heal gem
1 Night rune
2 Pure stone
1 Calm card
1 Might gem
2 Heal stone
1 Silver offering
2 Pure gem
1 Wind card

Current Credits: 494

Shared Codex   : 33 / 114 (28% complete)

Slash        4*         0          0          6*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          5*         1         
Fire         1          0          3          3*         0         
Ice          0          0          3          2*         1         
Electricity  0          0          1          4*         1         
Body         0          0          1          3*         2         
Mind         0          0          2          4*         0         
Light        2*         0          1          2          3*         
Dark         1*         0          2*         3          1         

Name : Violent Headless
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 26
Magic   : 5
Vitality: 32
Agility : 13

Abilities Known:
7) Absolving Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, or Hex from you or a nearby ally.)
8) Calming Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Stun, Panic, Sleep, or Charm from you or a nearby ally.)

Name : Cursed Kasha
MaxHP: 47

Strength: 9
Magic   : 12
Agility : 18
Cunning : 34

Resist: Fire Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
6) Vitiating Grasp (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense and evasion by 20%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Fiery Faerie
MaxHP: 44

Magic   : 26
Vitality: 6
Agility : 24
Cunning : 19

Resist: Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
4) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
5) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
6) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
7) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) ------------

Name : Vikhor
MaxHP: 43

Strength: 14
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 13
Agility : 28
Cunning : 17

Resist: Ice Electricity Mind
Weak  : Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Cleave (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
6) Parry (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to parry Melee and Direct range Slash, Impact, and Pierce abilities if your last used ability was also such.)
7) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
8) ------------

Name : Nero
Level: 8
MaxHP: 60

Magic   : 26
Vitality: 26

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

cancel.
 You maul the nero. You feel refreshed.
 The cynocephalus slashes you.
 The aeras throws a frost dart at your faerie.
 The aeras freezes your faerie.
 Your faerie will be shivering longer!
 The nero is out of control!
 The nero gestures at the gandayah.
 Nothing happens. Headless slashes the aeras.
 Headless looks more accurate!
 Your faerie leaps into action!
 Your faerie gestures at herself.
 Your faerie looks healthier.
 Your nero gestures at your faerie.
 Your faerie looks healthier.
 The gandayah hits you.
 You are in danger!
 Using Maul...
 cancel.
 The aeras throws a frost dart at your faerie.
 The aeras freezes your faerie.
 Your faerie will be shivering longer!
 The nero is out of control!
 The nero hits the cynocephalus.
 Your accuracy returns to normal.
 Headless slashes the aeras.
 Headless looks more powerful!
 You leap into action!
 Using Maul...
 cancel.
 You maul the nero.
 You kill the nero!!
 The cynocephalus seems pleased.
 You feel refreshed. (x2)
 Your nero hits the aeras. The gandayah hits you.
 You have run out of time!
 You fail to link with the cynocephalus!
 The cynocephalus looks surly!
 You die...

Level: 1
MaxHP: 35

Magic   : 14
Agility : 7
Cunning : 7

Abilities Known:
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Faerie

Agility : 23

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 40

Strength: 16

Abilities Known:
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Level: 1
MaxHP: 35

Magic   : 14
Agility : 7
Cunning : 7

Abilities Known:
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Violent Malingee
MaxHP: 51

Strength: 33

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
6) Absolving Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, or Hex from you or a nearby ally.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Gremlin

Cunning : 23

Abilities Known:
1) Focusbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
3) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
4) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
5) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
7) Vitiating Grasp (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense and evasion by 20%.)
8) ------------
Saler

Postby wizzzargh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:55 am

If a demon hit a blob twice in one turn with cleave or high speed or something it could have gotten Poison+ from two Poison Veil triggers.

Panicked demons don't TRY to hit allies, but since they randomize their actions, it sure it noticeable when they do.

Titans fist is pretty fun, if you like Maul Hand of the Dead I bet you'll find some Titan's Fist combos you like. Having Earth Break from turn 1 is pretty fun.
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Anomaly's not bad Saler. :D Congrats on getting that far. :)

Since you seem to like them, I'll mention Hand of the Dead characters will get a decent boost in the next build when the "Flash" spells are added: melee range 40 Power free actions w/ Magic-based damage. 40 Power isn't a whole lot on the surface of things, but given it is in addition to your normal damage since it's a free action, it should turn out to be handy :D Some new demons are being added in the lower floors specifically to provide access to these, so it should be easy to find at least one of them. Since they're elemental based, they also can apply Ignite/Chill/Shock. :D

No Poison to Poison+ can happen a few ways: the method Wiz mentioned can certainly do it, as can being hit by a character using both a Poison-included physical attack (Venomous Bite) while also having the Venomous passive: this is calculated as two separate Poison attempts, so if both hit, you can end up going from no Poison to Poison+ in one turn.

A Panicking demon has 3 possibilities: It may act normally, it may lose its turn entirely, or it may do the action it normally would have done, but with random target selection. A high damage Demon w/ Panic can definitely end up being a danger to its allies!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:37 pm

Well, I managed to reach Anomaly with Titan's Fist Pierce/Buff. After dying 5 or so times, mostly from bad luck. 1 of them was from one of my Wraiths. Roguelikes sometimes like to just mercilessly stomp you.
I recruited Headless, got a Lifegiver Ukobach, Solid Malingee and Cursed Kasha. I also have a Faerie. A bit worried about having 3 Ice weaknesses.
Got Bloodthirst and Stormward on myself, so my weakness is partialy covered and with my high damage, OFF up, DEF down and Guilty I can heal well by myself.
I left Vikhor's Sanctum a bit early becouse of an encounter I didn't want to bother with. It probably was the last group there anyway.
I also had to flee Tower 4 early because I ran into 2 demon groups at the same time. I almost died because I forgot about Ghost Pierce and Dash.
The next level made it up with a Solid Ilomba. No, I didn't recrut it or cared to, but it amused me.
I also in an early encounter with a group thathad a Faerie killed everyone but the Faerie and then talked to it to see how it would react. Good to see that you programed that in.
Next, Python's Sanctum.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Pierce and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 2582,
is currently at Anomaly:1,
and is still alive!

MaxHP: 61

Strength: 28
Vitality: 18
Agility : 25
Cunning : 5

Abilities Known:
1) Impale (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Riposte (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to attacks by adjacent enemies that miss you or that you dodge or parry with a 70 Power attack.)
3) Fervor (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) Ghost Pierce (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Moves you to different, randomly selected, position adjacent to the target.)
6) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
7) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)

Inventory:
1 Pure gem
1 Mirror chime
3 Heal stone
1 Chakra gem
1 Pure stone
1 Chakra stone

Current Credits: 270

Shared Codex   : 34 / 114 (29% complete)

Slash        3*         0          0          6*         0         
Pierce       2*         0          0          6*         0         
Fire         1          0          3          3*         0         
Ice          0          0          1          2*         3         
Electricity  0          0          0          4          2*         
Body         0          0          2*         3          1         
Mind         0          0          1          5*         0         
Light        1          0          1          3*         2         
Dark         0          0          1          5*         0         

Name : Solid Malingee
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 24

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
5) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
6) Flame Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Fire attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
7) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
8) ------------

Name : Cursed Kasha

Strength: 9
Vitality: 11
Cunning : 32

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
6) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
8) ------------

MaxHP: 70

Strength: 19
Vitality: 33

Abilities Known:
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Ukobach
MaxHP: 49

Magic   : 24
Cunning : 15

Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Searing Touch (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
6) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
8) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)

Name : Faerie

Abilities Known:
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

You concentrate briefly.
 You feel more powerful!
 Using Impale...
 cancel.
 You impale the fotia. You feel better.
 The fotia sears you.
 Your malingee stabs the fotia.
 Your malingee looks healthier.
 The fotia sears your malingee.
 It isn't very effective.
 Headless is no longer on fire.
 The fotia smites your ukobach.
 Using Impale...
 cancel.
 You impale the fotia.
 You kill the fotia!!
 You feel better.
 Your ukobach gestures at itself.
 Your ukobach looks healthier.
 You begin resting.
 Your power returns to normal.
 You continue resting to restore your inactive
 allies.
 Rest complete.
 Using Dismiss...
 You unsummon your malingee!
 Using Summon...
 cancel.
 You summon Headless!
 There is a wavering portal to Python's Sanctum
 here. Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change levels.
 You swap places with your ukobach.
 Your game has been saved.
 You may press shift + Q to quit the game and
 resume where you left off later.
 Save and exit? (Y or N)
 Welcome back.
 Visit demon.ferretdev.org to leave feedback,
 learn about upcoming changes, and download new
 builds.

Name : Goblin

Cunning : 16

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Level: 2

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 45

Magic   : 16
Vitality: 20

Abilities Known:
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 45

Magic   : 17
Vitality: 20

Abilities Known:
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Level: 2

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Freybug

Cunning : 26

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Sounds like things're going well so far on this run, even if Demon was being a little mean in earlier attempts. :)

3 Ice weaknesses is spooky, but not critical yet... you can still summon a party without Ice weaknesses with only 3, though it probably won't be your ideal party.

Not every demon cares if you kill their buddies, but Faeries definitely do. :)

Good luck in Python's Sanctum. :D I wouldn't have expected it, but it actually manages to get a few kills now and then, so be careful in there. :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion