My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby Saler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Back at Tower 5: I find an Ogre in a corpse encounter, and decide to recruit him. However, fusing him to Artificial wouldn't be good for his stats – he would lose 8 strength and wouldn't gain any MaxHP. After a bit of thinking, I decided to fuse an Artificial Aspis. It lost some strength and MaxHP, but extra cunning, agility and abilities should be good. It got Volt Call and Mind Scream. Maybe I should've just saved my credits – they aren't Pierce, so they don't synergies too well with it's brand, and they could waste SP. Not sure if I will delete either of them – this Aspis has actually been pretty good so far. :)
Tower 6: I gathered enough credits to give Ogre a brand that gives it +25 strength if it has no abilities with SP cost 5 or more. I noticed a minor bug – I applied the brand when it was in reserve and still had Heavy Slash, then deleted that ability. That fulfilled the brand's conditions, but the stats didn't update until I summoned it, and still displayed their changes after I dismissed it. Honestly, fixing it would probably be more trouble than it's worth. Just though it was intresting.
Tower 7: This floor had one, maybe two brands on it. As the result, almost all demons on it were brandless. I tried to update my brands to higher level ones, but I didn't find anything better for Headless than a level two brand that gave a good vitality boost at the cost of a, I hope, manageable SP cost increase for a frontliner (naturally, I find a strength and agility brand first thing next floor :x ), and Po-Sh brands seem very good on Hou Sho and me. The corpses had a bunch of credits. The is a brand I want to try out on Dipsas, but it's a “HP at MaxHP” one, so I want more evasion abilities first.
Tower 8: I find Maderva here. My shortage of ranged demons ends up hurting me here, and I'm forced to flee. I encounter the next demon group before getting the chance to summon my demons back and end up having a few near preservations. Then I encounter a Toufei group, it takes of a lot of my MaxHP and send Gandayah to preservation. :( Eventually, I had two unexplored corridors, one guarded by Maderva, the other – by Toufei. I didn't feel confident in my chances to take either of them out, so I went to the next floor.
Tower 9: I recruit an Aitvaras, using up Ogre, HP, Stones, more MaxHP and Ogre. Copied Malice and Reaper's Mien to myself. In a later fight, I link with a Satyr to copy Distract to Dipsas. I find an Akateko group. Aitavaras goes into preservation – using him to tank might've been somewhat viable if I reduced their HP first. :roll: After the fight started going real bad, I thought of using item, but didn't find any effective ones. I do win without any more major loses, but most of my frontliners took at least some MaxHP damage. That was the last group. Anzu Sanctum up next, unless I decide to skip it.
The mistakes I made in party development are definitely hurting me. The lack of range and reliable healing has already cause rather nasty loses. What would be really good is sources of Regenerate/Guilt. Spreading around Healing Aura is also an idea. Now that I have Reaper's Mine, Draw Wounds is a consideration too. Am still looking for a bit more abilities for Dipsas. I have a few brands that could be very interesting, but I might not get a chance to try them out.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Dark as their starting element,
has earned a score of 7508,
is currently at Tower:9,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 12
MaxHP: 82
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 5
Magic   : 38
Vitality: 29
Agility : 10
Cunning : 30

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light

Soul Brand:
Po-Sh-We (Lv.2)
  Strength: -5
  Cunning: +6
  Magic: +6

Abilities Known:
1) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
2) Shocking Aura (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 4% chance to Shock enemies, causing them to miss their next turn.)
3) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases base SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)

Relic Upgrades:
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)

Inventory:
1 Pure gem
1 Blizzard rune
1 Calm card
1 Bolt glyph
4 Pure stone
1 Pain glyph
4 Heal gem
9 Heal stone
1 Venom rune
1 Wind card
1 Frost glyph
1 Chakra gem
4 Chakra stone
1 Curse rune
1 Trouble chime
1 Tempest rune
1 Red essence
1 Heart glyph
1 Night rune

Brands:
Po-Sh-We (Lv.2)
Mi-Cl-Rel (Lv.7)
  No base SP cost above 5
  Agility: -4
  Strength: +25
Sh-Fl (Lv.7)
  Last Used: Pierce
  Cunning: +12
Sh-Qu-Tra (Lv.9)
  HP equal to MaxHP
  Agility: +12
Co-We (Lv.9)
  Strength: -2
  SP Costs: -3
Sh-Co-Im-Pl (Lv.10)
  No reactive or aura abilities
  Magic: -9
  SP Costs: -4
  Cunning: +18
Mi-Qu (Lv.11)
  Agility: +7
  Strength: +7
Po-Na (Lv.11)
  Cunning: -10
  Magic: +19
Sh-Lim (Lv.11)
  SP Costs: +20%
  Cunning: +15
Po-Res-Ou (Lv.11)
  Base Cunning is 50 or more
  SP equal to MaxSP
  Magic: +30
Ri-Tra-Rel (Lv.11)
  No base SP cost above 20
  HP equal to MaxHP
  SP Costs: -36%
Mi-Fl (Lv.11)
  Last Used: Healing
  Strength: +15

Current Credits: 2554

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 142 / 154 (92% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        2          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       1          0          0          7*         0         
Pierce       2          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          2          4*         1         
Ice          0          0          1          2*         4         
Electricity  1          0          2          4*         1         
Body         0          0          3          4*         0         
Mind         2*         0          1          6*         0         
Matter       0          0          0          6*         1         
Light        0          0          0          4          3*         
Dark         2*         0          2*         5          0         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
Level: 10
MaxHP: 70
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 15
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 31
Agility : 11
Cunning : 10

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Soul Brand:
Po (Lv.10)
  Magic: +9

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
7) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
8) Normalize (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))

Name : Vile Huo shu
MaxHP: 56

Strength: 13
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 14
Agility : 12
Cunning : 31

Resist: Fire Body
Weak  : Ice

Soul Brand:
Po-Sh-We (Lv.2)

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Shocking Aura (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 4% chance to Shock enemies, causing them to miss their next turn.)
4) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Your abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn.)
7) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
8) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 91

Strength: 23
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 52
Agility : 13
Cunning : 13

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Soul Brand:
Du-Lim-Lif (Lv.2)
  Base Strength is 16 or more
  SP Costs: +40%
  Vitality: +13

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Your abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (6))
7) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
8) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))

Name : Artificial Aspis
MaxHP: 69

Strength: 23
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 27
Agility : 19
Cunning : 19

Resist: Body Mind

Soul Brand:
Sh-Fl (Lv.7)

Abilities Known:
1) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Volt Call (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
8) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)

Name : Brutal Dipsas
Level: 14
MaxHP: 67
MaxSP: 113

Strength: 30
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 19
Agility : 42
Cunning : 14

Weak  : Ice Matter

Soul Brand:
In-Qu-Na (Lv.6)
  Cunning: -4
  Max SP: +13

Abilities Known:
1) Exhausting Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces the target's SP by 15% (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Desiccation (Type: None, Passive. Improves the effectiveness of your SP reduction effects by 50%.)
5) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
6) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
7) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
8) ------------

Name : Aitvaras
Level: 13
MaxHP: 63

Strength: 7
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 22
Agility : 17
Cunning : 17

Resist: Fire Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Soul Brand:
Ef-We (Lv.11)
  Strength: -6
  SP per Turn: +2.0

Abilities Known:
2) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by attacking them with a drain that heals you for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Hmm. it seems like Brands aren't updating for stabled demons. It's mostly a display bug, but good to know about, I'll fix it. :D

It seems like you're thinking about Brands and using them more than before, which is yay. :D I figured it'd take long time players a bit of time to integrate them into their strategies, and it seems to be working out. :D

Hard to say whether or not you should skip Anzu's... it's definitely dangerous, and you're definitely in a bit of a rough shape, but on the other hand, you may find allies there that you can use to rebuild. I look forward to hearing what you decided to do next time. :D

Thanks for the report!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:53 pm

I tried to reproduce the bug you reported with Judge's Mien and Emit Sparks, but could not get it to occur. I'll keep an eye out for it in the future; it's possible some other condition is required to make it fail to work properly.
Ferret

Postby Saler » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:42 pm

To be fair, with brands, I try to either go for obviously good choices (strength up on a frontliner, cost down on a healer ) or gimmicky ones that seem interesting to try out.
I guessI could've failed to inflic the delay every time, but that's ridicilously unlikely.
Anzu's Sanctum: I decided to try my best to try out a fight and see how badly it goes. My first encounter is a pair of Raijus with a Shikigamim which I thought of recruiting, but missed my chance. Then I find a group of Bmolas and Toufeis. I decide to play it safe and throw a Tempest Rune at them. For the same reason, I use a Healing Stone on Dipsas. Other than that, this battle didn't cause any losses. Then, while trying to make sure the way back is safe, I find Anzu. I didn't think I'd be able to recruit it, So I focus fire on it and kill it as quickly as I could. The rest of the fight doesn't go as well, as Demas' AoE sends Gandayah to preservation and makes me use my Red Essence. :( I find another Shikigami, and decide to replace my Aitvaras. My team's weaknesses would get more balanced, and it has a higher tier modifier. Gave Shikigami Reaper's Mien. Some Aitvarases I found later for some reason have somewhat consistently attacked a healthier target instead of a more injured one – Shikigami, who was in green, instead of Headless, who was in red. Notably, the wounded Aitvaras attacked the Headless, so it looks like the AI thought is would be wasting healing by attacking Headless. Later, it attacked Shikigami (green HP) over me (yellow HP). This time it was because I had significantly higher Vitality, so this wasn't too unreasonable. There also was a corpse encounter. I initially ran away, but then noticed that the fight was going in my favor, so I killed them. Overall, this Sanctum went well.
Tower 10: Now Aitvarases are targeting my Shikigami over my Gandayah. The Gandayah still hasn't fully recovered from being preserved and had 27 MaxHP. Shigigami had 67 MaxHP and was in green HP. On a related note, I think pacifist demons whose MaxHP is bad enough to be red should do their best to stay out of enemy range and not get closer to them. :) I recruited an Ilomba for it's Draw Wounds, giving it to myself and Shikigami. Also gave Shikigami Dazzling Gaze. I made a bit of a mistake, removing my Yellow Whisper to make space instead of Flash Heal, which shares it's cooldown with Draw Wounds and would be only situationaly useful. For the most part, the fights here were easy. I found Charlis here, but decided to leave him alone, seeing how I had to effective way of dealing with him.
Tower 11: I link with a Zagh. I didn't have enough credits for a fusion, so I just gave it Flash Heal, Healing Aura and Normalize. Also gave Dipsas Relief. Then I linked with an Angel to give Shikigami Mending. After beating the light group I found them in, I take King's Mien from Zagh and gave it Reaper's Mien. I encountered Lioth near the end. He had a significantly higher level party than me – level 19 each. I had to retreat once. The second time, I use a Pure Gem, a Pure Stone and a Healing Gem to defeat him. :) I reached level 15 and decided to take Nightingale. I linked woth his Freybug for it's Fearsome Aura. I also fought Mummies and Akatekos this level, and my team had a lot of MaxHP damage at one point, but I recovered most of it by the end.
Tower 12: Started of with a tough fight with Yalis – most of the fight was spend with several of my demons badly wounded. Also had some problems with Panic and Charm, although it wasn't as bad.
I have a lot of credits now. And I'm not sure what to do with them. I'd like a Lifegiver fusion, I guess. Honestly, this party feels like a mess - I was just doing the modifications that sort of made sense, adapting to whatever losses I took. Although it is working. :)
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 13112,
is currently at Tower:13,
and is still alive!

Level: 16
MaxHP: 98

Strength: 10
Magic   : 46
Vitality: 35
Cunning : 36

Soul Brand:
Po-Sh-We (Lv.2)

Abilities Known:
2) Shocking Aura (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 4% chance to Shock enemies, causing them to miss their next turn.)
3) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
4) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
7) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
8) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)

Relic Upgrades:
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)

Inventory:
1 Blizzard rune
1 Calm card
1 Bolt glyph
1 Pain glyph
2 Heal gem
10 Heal stone
2 Pure stone
1 Venom rune
2 Wind card
1 Frost glyph
1 Chakra gem
5 Chakra stone
1 Curse rune
1 Trouble chime
1 Heart glyph
1 Night rune
2 Flame glyph
1 Guardian gem
1 Magic map

Brands:
Po-Sh-We (Lv.2)
Sh-Qu-Tra (Lv.9)
  HP equal to MaxHP
Co-We (Lv.9)
  Strength: -2
  SP Costs: -3
Sh-Co-Im-Pl (Lv.10)
Mi-Qu (Lv.11)
  Strength: +7
Po-Na (Lv.11)
  Cunning: -10
  Magic: +19
Po-Res-Ou (Lv.11)
  Base Cunning is 50 or more
  SP equal to MaxSP
  Magic: +30
Ri-Tra-Rel (Lv.11)
  No base SP cost above 20
  HP equal to MaxHP
  SP Costs: -36%
Mi-Fl (Lv.11)
  Last Used: Healing
  Strength: +15
Ri-Sh-We (Lv.13)
  SP Costs: -17%
Du-Rel (Lv.13)
  No base SP cost above 5
  Vitality: +22
Mi-Ef-Da (Lv.15)
  Last Used: Movement
  SP per Turn: +1.4
  Strength: +12

Current Credits: 6267

Slash        2          0          0          6*         1         
Impact       1          0          1          6*         0         
Pierce       2          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          1          4*         2         
Ice          0          0          2          2*         3         
Electricity  1          0          1          5*         1         
Body         0          1          3          3*         0         
Mind         2          1          1          5*         0         
Matter       0          0          0          5*         2         
Light        1          1          0          3          3*         
Dark         2*         0          2*         4          1         

Name : Vile Huo shu
MaxHP: 62

Strength: 15
Magic   : 35
Vitality: 15
Agility : 13
Cunning : 34

Resist: Fire Body

Soul Brand:
Po-Sh-We (Lv.2)

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Shocking Aura (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 4% chance to Shock enemies, causing them to miss their next turn.)
4) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Your abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn.)
7) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
8) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)

Level: 13
MaxHP: 102

Strength: 27
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 58
Agility : 15
Cunning : 15

Soul Brand:
Du-Lim-Lif (Lv.2)
  Base Strength is 16 or more
  SP Costs: +40%

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Your abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (6))
8) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))

Level: 14
MaxHP: 76

Strength: 25
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 29
Agility : 21
Cunning : 21

Soul Brand:
Sh-Fl (Lv.7)

Abilities Known:
1) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Volt Call (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
7) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
8) Fearsome Aura (Type: Mind, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 15% chance to delay enemies' next turns.)

Level: 17
MaxHP: 75
MaxSP: 113

Strength: 34
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 22
Agility : 46
Cunning : 17

Soul Brand:
In-Qu-Na (Lv.6)
  Cunning: -4
  Max SP: +13

Abilities Known:
1) Exhausting Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces the target's SP by 15% (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Desiccation (Type: None, Passive. Improves the effectiveness of your SP reduction effects by 50%.)
5) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
6) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
7) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
8) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)

Name : Shikigami
Level: 19
MaxHP: 71

Strength: 11
Magic   : 40
Vitality: 16
Agility : 34
Cunning : 49

Immune: Body
Resist: Impact Ice Dark
Weak  : Slash Fire Light Matter

Soul Brand:
Sh (Lv.12)
  Cunning: +10

Abilities Known:
1) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Cull (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
4) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
5) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
6) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
7) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 70% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (4))
8) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)

Name : Zagh
MaxHP: 65

Magic   : 40
Vitality: 20
Agility : 19
Cunning : 30

Immune: Mind Light
Weak  : Fire Dark

Soul Brand:
Ef-Cl (Lv.14)
  Agility: -6
  SP per Turn: +2.1

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
5) Normalize (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
6) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
7) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:28 am

Yeah, given the base success rate is 100% and no relevant resistances were involved, I also highly doubt it missed multiple times. That would only begin to be possible if the target has higher Vitality than the caster's Cunning, or there was an extreme level difference. But frankly, Aeras aren't high enough level to have "extreme" difference with anything that would put them on the upper side. Their Vitality is quite poor as well: your Cunning would have to be nearly non-existent to be worse, and even if it was, it'd probably only push the odds down to 90% or so.

It sounds like something may be wrong with aggro calculations and MaxHP. I'll take a look and see what I can figure out. Demons at low MaxHP wasn't common before Demon Preservation, so it's possible I missed something there. :) Vitality (any form of defense/MaxHP really) can definitely allow higher HP % targets to be higher priority, but some of the examples you cite seem to go beyond the bounds of that sort of defense.

I am amused by the notion of a Freybug with Fearsome Aura. :D I would probably have recruited it for that alone. :)

Your party may be a mess, but winning is what counts. :) Thanks for the report, and good luck in the second half of the Tower!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:20 am

Oof, yes. In... many, many places... I was checking % of current MaxHP instead of % of base MaxHP. This meant that an enemy at 5 / 5 (60) HP was being treated the same as one at 60 / 60 HP. Notably, there *are* cases where checking % of current makes sense (example: healing effects), those I didn't change.

I've fixed these, but there will definitely be some noticeable differences with how the AI treats characters with severely damaged MaxHP... you will find the AI much less willing to bother buffing/debuffing them, mainly, and much more likely to simply try to kill them outright if at all possible. This may require further tweaking, but I'll need some feedback and testing before I know for sure.
Ferret

Postby Saler » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:38 pm

I was putting at least +1 into cunning each level. So let's say it's a bug for now. I'm fairly certain that the delay animation wasn't playing. It's possible that it was getting delayed without playing the animation, but that's even weirder. Now that I think of it, it might've been modifies to be protected against light. However, if I'm not mistaken, it shouldn't get immunity from that this early, and I tried to do it quite a few times.
Tower 13: Had a difficult battle against Yalis. Later, against Acheris. I can confirm that picking up a brand at the same turn as an enemy enters your view works correctly. :)
Ninkasi's Sanctum: Onis and Kuchisakes group sends Hou Sho into preservation. Later, I found and recruited Ninkasi. I mismanaged the link a bit and had to use a Healing Gem. Deleted my Vile Hou Sho, giving Shikigami Shocking Aura and Nikasi Protect and Rabblerouser. Also fused a Vile Zagh. It ended up getting Consume Life. It would be tricky to fit that ability into my party, but it has potential, :) so I'll try to. I also found an Orb of Power Wrath named Zorb. Killed it's team without too much trouble, but Zagh did end up with a bit of MaxHP damage.
Tower 14: Archangels gave me trouble,but I managed to get by without losses. Headless lost a lot of MaxHP to Mummies. It battle with Shisas, I had to use a Healing Stone on myself. This was a rather rough floor, but I got through it.
Tower 15: Found Breska with Baphomet and Medusa. I don't think RNG likes me. :( Does Humble check with Current or Base MaxHP? I think I seen Zagh hit Breska with it after he got wounded. I ended up using a Blizard Glyph, a Pure Stone and a Wind Card and end up fleeing anyway. I really don't feel like fighting Breska with two Uniques and powerful brands.
I'm taking a break here, because these battles are getting tough. On the bright side, I'm sure that my team is functioning well, seeing how it outtanked Archangels with Angels supporting them. I guess I'll mostly worry about replacing older demons for now.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 19408,
is currently at Tower:16,
and is still alive!

MaxHP: 111

Magic   : 52
Vitality: 40
Cunning : 40

Soul Brand:
Po-Sh-We (Lv.2)

Abilities Known:
3) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
4) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
7) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)

Relic Upgrades:
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)

Inventory:
1 Blizzard rune
1 Calm card
1 Bolt glyph
1 Pain glyph
2 Heal gem
14 Heal stone
2 Pure stone
1 Venom rune
1 Wind card
1 Chakra gem
5 Chakra stone
2 Curse rune
1 Trouble chime
2 Heart glyph
1 Night rune
3 Flame glyph
1 Guardian gem
1 Magic map
1 Zephyr card
2 Pure gem

Brands:
Sh-Qu-Tra (Lv.9)
  HP equal to MaxHP
Sh-Co-Im-Pl (Lv.10)
Ri-Sh-We (Lv.13)
Mi-Fr-Tir (Lv.16)
  SP equal to or less than 50
  Vitality: -3
  Strength: +23
Po-Co (Lv.16)
  SP Costs: -1
  Magic: +8
Du-Ex (Lv.16)
  Max SP: -35
  Vitality: +19
Po-Du-Fa-Tir (Lv.16)
  SP per Turn: -2.0
  Vitality: +18
  Magic: +18
Ef-Cl-Lif (Lv.18)
  Base Strength is 27 or more
  Agility: -8
  SP per Turn: +2.7
Ri-Cl-Da (Lv.18)
  SP Costs: -44%
Du-Fre (Lv.18)
  SP above 50
  Vitality: +16
Po (Lv.18)
  Magic: +13
Mi-Qu-Fl (Lv.18)
  Last Used: Impact
  Agility: +13
  Strength: +13

Current Credits: 2093

Slash        1          0          0          6*         1         
Impact       1          0          1          6*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          0          4*         3         
Ice          0          0          3          2*         2         
Electricity  1          0          1          5*         1         
Body         1          1          4          2*         0         
Mind         2          1          2          4*         0         
Matter       0          0          0          5*         2         
Light        1          1          0          3          3*         
Dark         2*         0          2*         4          1         

Level: 15
MaxHP: 116
MaxSP: 65

Strength: 29
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 68
Agility : 17
Cunning : 16

Soul Brand:
Du-Ex (Lv.16)

Abilities Known:

Strength: 27
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 31
Agility : 23
Cunning : 23

Soul Brand:
Sh-Fl (Lv.7)

Abilities Known:
2) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Volt Call (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
7) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
8) Fearsome Aura (Type: Mind, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 15% chance to delay enemies' next turns.)

MaxHP: 83

Strength: 36
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 24
Agility : 42
Cunning : 22

Soul Brand:
Mi-Qu-Fl (Lv.18)

Abilities Known:
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
4) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
5) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
6) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
7) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
8) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)

Level: 21
MaxHP: 77

Strength: 6
Magic   : 42
Vitality: 18
Agility : 36
Cunning : 54

Soul Brand:
Ri-Sh-We (Lv.13)

Abilities Known:
2) Cull (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
4) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
5) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
6) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
7) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
8) Shocking Aura (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 4% chance to Shock enemies, causing them to miss their next turn.)

Name : Vile Zagh
MaxHP: 79

Strength: 9
Magic   : 63
Vitality: 18
Agility : 22
Cunning : 41

Resist: Body

Soul Brand:
Po (Lv.18)

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
4) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
5) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
6) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
8) Consume Life (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cooldown: Breath (5))

Name : Ninkasi
Level: 22
MaxHP: 98

Strength: 18
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 49
Agility : 39
Cunning : 38

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Soul Brand:
Du-Ex (Lv.16)

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
5) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
6) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
8) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Your abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn.)
Saler

Postby Ferret » Thu May 02, 2019 1:23 am

Resistance would be enough to make it fail a fair bit: The main difference between when an ability says "100%" and when an ability says "Cannot miss" is whether or not Resist (as opposed to Immune) is of any use: Resistance helps against 100%, it does nothing against Cannot Miss.

Breska with two uniques is definitely a bit of a jerk move on the RNG's part. :) No shame in backing off of that one.

Humble specifically and almost uniquely checks against *base* MaxHP. It was designed that way so that it punishes Dark-users, who often have elevated MaxHP. :)

Rough patches aside, seems like you're headed for another win. :D Good luck in the home stretch!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Thu May 09, 2019 3:17 pm

I'm not sure if I would say that this run is headed for victory. It's really easy to die past floor 20. :)
Decided to continue with build 7 for now.
Tower 16: I encounter Bigfoot. Conveniently, he spawned in a dead end. I decide to replace Headless. Gave Dipsas Leadership and Bigfoot Oppressor and Diehard. Sadly, my team now has 4 fire weaknesses. :( Near the end I find Adria. I decided to keep hiding behind a corner for the entire battle, healing and switching out demons when needed. I eventually kill her and take Inquisition, replacing King's Mien, which I couldn't trigger very often.
Tlaloc's Sanctum: After gathering some credits, I give Bigfoot Might, Protect and Rabblerouser. Of it's original abilities, it had Grand Slam, Brain Knocker and Heavy Handed. I found and recruited a Virtue. I decided to delete Malice for the negotiation and replace it later. I decided to replace Aspis, who I haven't been using much, passing Mind Scream to Virtue. I think I can make it spamable enough with SP support. :) After getting some credits, I decided to copy Spite to myself. I had to choose between it and Smite, and decided to pick better elemental diversity and lower cooldown, which isn't irrelevant with turn acceleration. By the time I found Tlaloc, I had next to no credits, so I decided to kill him. It was a rather easy fight. After finding some more credits, mostly from corpses, I give Virtue Ever Ready and a “Last ability: movement” and “SP costs – 44%” brand. I think that should allow it to use Mind Scream every other turn. I also decide to replace Vitae with Flash Heal. Thinking about it now, that might've been a mistake.
Tower 17: I ended up taking a MaxHP hit from a Ruler. I honestly don't think much else interesting happen.
Phoenix's Sanctum: A nasty encounter with some Powers and a Virtue made me use a Purple Essence and a Healing Gem. After that, I found Phoenix. His group had Imbued modifier with Haste. I get completely overpowered, and Bigfoot is sent to preservation. :( I flee from the level, although I think that was the last group there.
Having Bigfoot on preservation is definitely a drawback. I might use a Pure Stone or two. Other than that, I guess I could try saving up for a fusion of some sort.
This character will likely have one or two more posts here. Depends of whethere he dies before Tower 21 or now. :)
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 27167,
is currently at Tower:18,
and is still alive!

Level: 22
MaxHP: 122

Magic   : 58
Vitality: 44
Agility : 15
Cunning : 45

Soul Brand:
Po-Sh-We (Lv.2)

Abilities Known:
2) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases base SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
8) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)

Relic Upgrades:

Inventory:
1 Blizzard rune
1 Calm card
2 Bolt glyph
2 Heal gem
16 Heal stone
2 Venom rune
1 Wind card
6 Chakra stone
2 Curse rune
1 Trouble chime
2 Heart glyph
3 Pure stone
1 Night rune
3 Flame glyph
1 Guardian gem
1 Magic map
3 Zephyr card
2 Pure gem
1 Pain glyph
1 Might gem
1 Tempest rune

Brands:
Ri-Sh-We (Lv.13)
Mi-Fr-Tir (Lv.16)
  Vitality: -3
  Strength: +23
Po-Co (Lv.16)
  SP Costs: -1
  Magic: +8
Ri-Cl-Da (Lv.18)
Po (Lv.18)
Mi-Qu-Fl (Lv.18)
Du-Ex-Dis (Lv.19)
  Base Magic is 28 or more
  Max SP: -20
  Vitality: +21
Qu (Lv.20)
  Agility: +14
In (Lv.21)
  Max SP: +20
Qu-Du-Fre (Lv.21)
  SP above 50
Du-Fre (Lv.21)
  SP above 50
  Vitality: +18
Du-Sh-Lif (Lv.21)
  Base Strength is 30 or more
  Vitality: +12

Current Credits: 7186

Shared Codex   : 144 / 154 (93% complete)

Slash        0          0          0          5*         2         
Impact       2          0          1          5*         1         
Pierce       0          0          0          6*         1         
Fire         0          0          1          2*         4         
Ice          0          0          3          3*         1         
Electricity  0          0          2          5*         0         
Body         1          1          2          4*         0         
Mind         2          1          1          5*         0         
Matter       0          0          1          4*         2         
Light        3*         2          0          3          2*         
Dark         2*         0          3*         3          1         

Level: 20
MaxHP: 84

Strength: 38
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 24
Agility : 44
Cunning : 23

Soul Brand:
Mi-Qu-Fl (Lv.18)

Abilities Known:
2) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
3) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
4) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
5) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
6) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
8) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)

Level: 23

Strength: 6
Magic   : 45
Agility : 39
Cunning : 57

Soul Brand:
Ri-Sh-We (Lv.13)

Abilities Known:
7) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
8) Shocking Aura (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 4% chance to Shock enemies, causing them to miss their next turn.)

Name : Vile Zagh
Level: 21
MaxHP: 83

Strength: 9
Magic   : 67
Agility : 24
Cunning : 44

Resist: Body

Soul Brand:
Po (Lv.18)

Abilities Known:
5) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
6) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
8) Consume Life (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cooldown: Breath (5))

Name : Ninkasi
Level: 24
MaxHP: 103

Strength: 19
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 51
Agility : 41
Cunning : 41

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Soul Brand:
Du-Ex (Lv.16)

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
4) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
5) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
6) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
8) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Your abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn.)

Name : Bigfoot
Level: 35
MaxHP: 133

Strength: 93
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 53
Agility : 33
Cunning : 33

Resist: Ice Matter

Soul Brand:
Mi-Qu-Fl (Lv.18)

Abilities Known:
1) Grand Slam (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Brain Knocker (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 50% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to delay the next turn of the target.)
3) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
4) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (6))
5) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
6) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)

Name : Virtue
Level: 33
MaxHP: 103

Strength: 16
Magic   : 102
Vitality: 16
Agility : 25
Cunning : 51

Immune: Light
Resist: Fire Electricity Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Soul Brand:
Ri-Cl-Da (Lv.18)

Abilities Known:
1) Repair Flesh (Type: Healing, 30 SP. 130 Power heal.)
2) Grace (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Improves accuracy and evasion by 25%.)
3) Lux (Type: Light, 40 SP. Only affects enemies. Has a 70% chance to apply Guilt, and a 50% chance to apply Mute, followed by an 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
4) Channeler (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of abilities with the Miracle cooldown to 0, and reduces Miracle cooldowns by 50%.)
5) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
6) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
7) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
8) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat May 11, 2019 11:47 pm

:D Don't mind me, was just being optimistic.

Hmph. :P You and everyone else seem to be staying on Build 7, but that's alright. :) Build 9 will probably get some extra attention, since it's going to have new content, like some Brand-related Relic Upgrades, Brand using corpse encounters, etc.

My optimism does seem well placed, given how things seem to be going. :D Good ability upgrade from Adria, a powered-up Bigfoot, and a screaming Virtue. :D The Phoenix encounter was a bit rough, but you got away without too much harm.

Thanks for the report, and good luck on the next phase of the journey. :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion