My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby Ferret » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Hey, someone using War Soul. :D Yay. :D I wasn't sure if anyone actually was interested in those or not.

Sturdy Turdak is (hopefully) sturdy. :) He tends to be one of those uniques that always dies unexpectedly, but I don't know that I've seen someone try making him Chthonic before.

Sulfuric Cherfues... eee. Sky high Magic, and probably lots of ability synergies too, and you'd already mentioned a team-wide issue with Fire resistance.

Re: Witch Mien: No, it should choose randomly for each target. Granted, that can turn out to be the same for each target by chance (though that should be rare-ish). I tested it here locally and got Ignite on one target and Pariah on a second in the same Humble.

Thanks for the report, and congrats on securing 2nd place. :D Good luck in the final floors!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:29 pm

War Soul seems to be useful only to pretty specific demon builds. I think it was good on my Zagh because it used high cost, powerful AoE attacks with cooldowns. It goes trough several attacks, gets multiple demon to low HP and, by the time it's cooldowns are restored, it can has the SP to use it's attacks again.
Not sure if it's melee version is any good. :lol:
Tower 20: I encounter Antoria immediately. Tlaloc once again helps a lot in this fight, as does Cynocephalus with his Cleansing Cut. The cleanup wasn't any harder than expected, (So, this far in the Tower, pretty hard :) ) so I went into Ogun's Sanctum.
Early on I encounter more Cherufes. Those are Fel, with MaxHP draining abilities. :( I later found out that those were Ogun's group – he suddenly Charged my demons out of sight. The Cherufe are taken out before doing too much damage by my Tlaloc. I'm still not brave enough to attempt to link with Ogun – he already can hit very hard, and, I'm afraid, that failing his link will almost certainly cause a few deaths. So I kill him. Then I find a group of Bruchas supported with Pixies, which give me quite a bit of trouble. The last demon group I find was made up mostly of Mulassas. I linked with one of them to fuse an Igneus Zagh, replacing it's Fire weakness with an Immunity and increasing it's Magic a good bit. :) I also gave it Terrifying Cry.
Tower 21: I encounter more Cherufes, this time with a Demas. And I think I noticed some weird AI behavior. My Zagh used it's Weaken Host, and instead of targeting in a way that would hit all enemies, hit only one of them. You can see that there's only one target from the message log:
Code: Select all
 Your zagh gestures widely.
 The demas looks weaker!
 The demas hurls a fiery orb.

I've made a screenshot and marked where, I'm pretty sure, my Zagh aimed. The Cherufe was weakened by me earlier. It's like the AI avoids reapplying debuffs too early.
I tried to recruit Cherufe for Codex completion, but my Charm made it take a step back, out of melee.
And the next encounter kills me. It's that Mulassas and Yuki-Onnas group. Again. I got my Zagh, who has Calm, out, but it didn't help – I just kept getting Charmed without getting the opportunity to take a turn. :o I thought that my Angel could heal me, but I didn't quite get her position right, I guess, I think it was instead healing my demons. Also, I'm not sure if Zagh Calmed me every time it had the opportunity to. Honestly, I'm not sure if I could've avoided this death. I guess I will take cover from this group like I do from Bruchas and other dangerous ranged demons. :(
I guess I'll do another hybrid or Blight build next. Or maybe dirty needles. I dunno.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Crown of Glory,
selected Debuff and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 106440 (presently on cycle 2),
is currently at Tower:21,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 27
MaxHP: 139
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 55
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 43
Agility : 38
Cunning : 45

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
3) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Polar Rush (Type: Impact, 5 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with an 85 Power Impact/Ice attack. Then, Chill enemies in front of you, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Charge (4))
7) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
8) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Copy Saver (Reduces the cost of Copy Ability by 25%.)
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)

Inventory:
23 Pure stone
1 Night rune
1 Calm card
1 Trouble chime
3 Pure gem
2 Bolt glyph
2 Zephyr card
4 Venom rune
4 Chakra gem
1 Curse rune
3 Frost glyph
3 Pain glyph
3 Peace offering
3 Heart glyph
3 Blizzard rune
7 Chakra stone
11 Heal stone
3 Flame glyph
1 Mirror chime
2 Heal gem
1 Bronze offering
3 Wind card
1 Ghost chime

Current Credits: 7283

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 114 / 135 (84% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        2          0          1          6*         0         
Impact       1*         0          1          6*         0         
Pierce       0          0          1          6*         0         
Fire         1          1          2          2*         2         
Ice          1          1          1          5*         0         
Electricity  1          1          1          4*         1         
Body         1          2          0          5*         0         
Mind         1          1          1          5*         0         
Light        2          2          0          1          4*         
Dark         2          2          2*         1          2         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Maj. Cynocephalus
Level: 21
MaxHP: 97

Strength: 40
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 33
Agility : 40
Cunning : 21

Resist: Fire Mind
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
2) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
7) Cleansing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Infection, Poison, and Paralysis from you or a nearby ally.)
8) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))

Name : Chthonic Turdak
Level: 24
MaxHP: 99

Strength: 37
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 51
Agility : 36
Cunning : 30

Immune: Body Dark
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Ice
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
2) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
3) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
4) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
5) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
6) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
7) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
8) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)

Name : Igneus Zagh
Level: 23
MaxHP: 87

Strength: 10
Magic   : 62
Vitality: 21
Agility : 33
Cunning : 39

Immune: Fire Mind Light
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
2) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
3) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
4) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
5) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
6) Consume Vigor (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power), split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cooldown: Breath (6))
7) War Soul (Type: Healing, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by restoring 10 of your SP.)
8) Terrifying Cry (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))

Name : Tlaloc
Level: 29
MaxHP: 120

Strength: 27
Magic   : 71
Vitality: 47
Agility : 27
Cunning : 23

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)

Name : Gluttonous Akateko
Level: 23
MaxHP: 93

Strength: 19
Magic   : 52
Vitality: 43
Agility : 33
Cunning : 18

Immune: Body
Resist: Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Poison Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
4) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
5) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
6) Consume Vigor (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power), split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cooldown: Breath (6))
7) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
8) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Name : Blessed Angel
Level: 22
MaxHP: 95

Strength: 26
Magic   : 45
Vitality: 32
Agility : 32
Cunning : 25

Immune: Light
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
6) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
7) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
8) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)

--==== Recent Messages ====--

The mulassa burns you. The mulassa bites you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 You are still charmed!
 You hit your cynocephalus. You feel better.
 Your cynocephalus looks weaker!
 Your cynocephalus will be guilty longer!
 You feel refreshed. You feel better.
 You are no longer on fire.
 The yuki-onna hits you.
 The yuki-onna looks refreshed.
 The yuki-onna freezes you.
 You feel like you will be cold longer!
 Your cynocephalus shouts a battle cry.
 The mulassa looks vulnerable!
 The yuki-onna resists.
 The yuki-onna looks vulnerable! (x2)
 The yuki-onna looks vulnerable!
 Your angel gestures at your cynocephalus.
 Your cynocephalus looks healthier.
 Your zagh blights the yuki-onna. (x2)
 Your zagh blights the mulassa. (x3)
 Your zagh blights the yuki-onna.
 The yuki-onna looks guilty! (x2)
 The mulassa looks guilty!
 The yuki-onna looks guilty!
 The mulassa looks worried!
 The yuki-onna is charmed!
 Your angel is no longer chilled.
 Your zagh is no longer chilled.
 You feel like you will be cold longer!
 The yuki-onna is still charmed!
 The yuki-onna hits the mulassa.
 The mulassa bites you.
 The mulassa launches a flame blast at you.
 The mulassa misses you.
 You are still charmed!
 You miss your cynocephalus.
 The yuki-onna misses you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Mananangal
Level: 21
MaxHP: 77

Strength: 12
Magic   : 44
Vitality: 15
Cunning : 44

Immune: Dark
Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Mindbender Hob
Level: 20
MaxHP: 90

Magic   : 39
Vitality: 27
Agility : 16
Cunning : 49

Immune: Mind
Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
4) Disable Mind (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Cannot miss.)
5) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
6) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
7) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Name : Demas
Level: 22
MaxHP: 93

Magic   : 45
Vitality: 39
Agility : 25
Cunning : 32

Immune: Fire
Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Orb (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Pyrokinesis (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited character. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
4) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Chthonic Ehlose
Level: 20
MaxHP: 89

Strength: 41
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 65
Agility : 15
Cunning : 20

Resist: Slash Impact Ice Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
2) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
3) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
5) Brain Shaker (Type: Impact, 35 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
6) Shellbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) War Soul (Type: Healing, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by restoring 10 of your SP.)
8) ------------

Name : Incubus
Level: 26
MaxHP: 102

Strength: 25
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 36
Cunning : 51

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Love Tap (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 35% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies.)
3) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
4) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Mulassa
Level: 30
MaxHP: 117

Strength: 36
Magic   : 58
Vitality: 58
Agility : 24
Cunning : 24

Resist: Fire Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Blast (Type: Fire, 25 SP. 100 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
4) Terrifying Cry (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
5) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby oneeyedjoe » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:09 pm

Mulassa/Yuki-Onna group is responsible for about 40% of my lategame deaths :D 7 Enemies with nasty status effects and 100 power attacks... A bit too much if you ask me. Maybe for tower 24-25 that would be fine, but on 22-23 those packs always give me trouble.

Melee version of war soul is pretty good for melee fighters with expensive single target abilities, like speedbreaker or calming cut because bloodlust isn't very effective for restoring SP in that case. However in some situations it's useless, like against heroes or other summoners, in those fights where nobody dies for quite some time.

I noticed that you stick with low level demons for a long time. Angel, Akateko, Cynocephalus on tower 20+ definitely will feel experience drop off. Are you being stingy with credits and don't want to spend a lot by copying abilities to higher level demons? You seem to do very well even with under leveled allies, congrats on a solid run :)
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:07 am

I checked out the screenshot you sent.. it is possible that earlier efforts I made to limit the AI from being willing to debuff allies who were already debuff may have unintentionally affected this too. I will take a look, and thank you :D

Re: Calming you to death.. :( Yeahhh... I'm thinking I may need to do something where Cleanse/Calm/etc. also make you immune to the effects listed for 1 turn. The trouble comes from this: normally, those effects can only end on your turn. So you're always assured small windows in which to act, even if they're being utterly spammed.

But.. Calm lets them end early, which can be bad if you just had a turn (that didn't remove the effect) but the enemy (enemies) capable of causing it haven't gone yet.

Not sure what I will do about this, but I will do something. Sorry about that. :(

Still a hell of a run though, and well worthy of congrats. :) Thanks for the frequent reports and updates, these have been great to read! I look forward to hearing about the start of your next run! :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Yeah, my reason for not replacing my demons was mostly that. I could've recruited a Unicorn, but it didn't have that much more Magic than my Angel. There also was a problem that recruiting newer demons would cause weaknesses complications with Fire or Light. I kept my Akateko for it's speed. By the time I had a good supply of Credits, I didn't encounter Raijus anymore.
Eye of the Dragon, Ice/Debuff this time. I'm planning to stack Chill, ACC down and EVD up.
By Arcadia, I copied Headwind, Dash and Tormentor to myself. I also got Socking Stab and Flash Shock from corpses. Not sure if I'm gonna keep them. I probably won't get too much from a full Breath set, but it might be worth getting Dragon Soul if possible. Alternatively, I could get more Ice support, or Fade. I also fused a Lifegiver Gandayah, who got Flash Heal and Uncurse. :) I also gave it Healing Charm. I also got Zaltys, Malingee, Goblin, Echeneis and Jain Shi. I ran into a Wraith at Tower 3. It didn't give much much trouble other than lowering my MaxHP a bit.
In Arcadia, I find a Satyr and recruit him for his Distract and Alert. I replace Malingee with him. I also give Alert to Jian Shi do I could buff faster. Than I find a pack of Zars and decide to replace my Goblin with one for Calm and Yellow Whisper. After a few problematic fights, I find Actaeon. Recruiting him would really mess with my weaknesses, I'm not sure if I could recruit Artemis – 1 of my demons and I use Ice attacks mainly, and I only have a single Light attacks to hit his weakness. I still decide to do his link – his abilities could be useful and, depending on the situation, I could be in a good enough condition to get Artemis. During the link I noticed what might be yet another bug – my Ice Breath ever triggers Tormentor only once. Me hitting 2-3 Hounds with debuffs on them outputted this:

You exhale an arctic blast.
You freeze the hound.
You kill the hound!!
You freeze the hound. (x2)
The hound starts shivering! (x2)
The hound stumbles. (x2)
You feel refreshed.

The refreshment only happened once at the end. And hitting 2 Hound with debuffs with Avalanche:

You hammer the hound. (x3)
You freeze the hound. You feel refreshed.
You freeze the hound. (x2) You feel refreshed.

It refreshes twice. This seems weird to me. Also, I think single target Hybrid attacks trigger Tormentor twice, while Avalanche once per target. I don't know what of this is intended and what is not. That limitation on a Hybrid like Avalanche seems reasonable. I decided to recruit Artemis – all of my attackes were right next to Actaeon, and all of us had plenty HP. Actaeons Agility and Evasion, as well as the EVD up buff that got placed on him during his part of the link, gave me some annoyance. :( I eventually decided to throw a low power Ice Breath just to chill him and have attacks miss less often. I deleted Echeneis because most of my other demons had more important skills and it also didn't give me more elements to attack with. I decide to give Artemis Bloodthirst and Alert – I want to be able to rely on Jian Shi, who has 3 weaknesses, less. At the end I find a Relic Wraith. Kill him after a fair amount of trouble and recruit his Dryad, replacing my Jiang Shi. She also has 3 weaknesses, but I think those will be less troublesome – none of them are Electricity, for example. I give my Zar Leech Bite and Bloodthirst. Zaltys dies during the cleanup of Wraith's demons. :x
Recruit Headless at Tower 4. Also get Quick Dismiss here. :) I decide to give Dryad Shocking Bite and Flash Shock – she has high Magic and Agility, so I think it should work well on her. Especially if I find another Tormentor for her. I also end up wasting a bunch of Credits in negotiation, not noticing that this will not allow me to get the ability I wanted. :x
Rush's Sanctum is next. Usually I play to Anomally in the first update for a character, but it ended up a longer update this time.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Eye of the Dragon,
selected Ice and Debuff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 1966,
is currently at Tower:4,
and is still alive!

Level: 5
MaxHP: 54

Strength: 14
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 16
Agility : 16
Cunning : 12

Abilities Known:
1) Avalanche (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 85 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Ice Breath (Type: Ice, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Rattling Cry (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce accuracy by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
7) Shocking Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
8) Flash Shock (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Relic Upgrades:
Item Sense (Shows the positions of unattended items on the map. May also reveal additional items when searching corpses, or once a level is fully explored.)
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))

Inventory:
1 Heart glyph
1 Pain glyph
1 Frost glyph
3 Pure gem
3 Pure stone
1 Calm card
1 Heal gem
2 Bronze offering
1 Gold offering
2 Heal stone
1 Magic map

Current Credits: 545

Slash        2          0          0          6*         1         
Impact       2*         0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       4*         0          0          6*         1         
Fire         0          0          0          4          3*         
Ice          1*         0          2*         4          1         
Electricity  2*         0          2          4*         1         
Body         0          0          3          3*         1         
Mind         2          0          1          5*         1         
Light        1          0          2          3*         2         
Dark         0          0          2          4*         1         

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
MaxHP: 54
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 12
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 25
Agility : 8
Cunning : 8

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
5) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Satyr
Level: 6
MaxHP: 47

Strength: 20
Magic   : 8
Agility : 20
Cunning : 16

Resist: Body
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
4) Mind Blank (Type: Mind, 10 SP. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the target.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Zar
Level: 4
MaxHP: 36

Strength: 11
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 11
Agility : 17
Cunning : 17

Abilities Known:
1) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Artemis
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 18
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 10
Agility : 25
Cunning : 15

Resist: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)

Name : Dryad
MaxHP: 46

Strength: 8
Agility : 19

Resist: Electricity Light
Weak  : Fire Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a damaging ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (6))
2) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Shocking Bite (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
6) Flash Shock (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
Level: 4
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 17
Magic   : 5
Vitality: 29
Agility : 10
Cunning : 9

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) ------------
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:12 am

Tormentor's description states that you get 5 SP whenever you hit "one or more" creatures that meet the condition: it is intended behavior that you do not get 3 procs from the first example, but rather just the 1.

Avalanche gives you 2 because it can trigger twice (once for Impact, one for Ice): the same reason hybrid attacks trigger twice. It isn't based on the number of targets, it just happened to match up in the second example.

Seems like the new run's off to a good start though. :) Thanks for the report, and good luck!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:37 pm

I didn't notice that part of Tormentor's description. But I think even with that, there's a problem: I think Avalanche actually triggers Tormentor once per hit. Otherwise, it would say something like “You feel refreshed (x2)”, wouldn't it? And the message log from attacking 3 demons with effects on them:

You hammer the abbey lubber. (x3)
You freeze the abbey lubber.
It's super effective!
You feel refreshed. You freeze the abbey lubber.
It's super effective!
You feel refreshed. You freeze the abbey lubber.
It's super effective!
You feel refreshed.
The abbey lubber will be shivering longer! (x3)
You feel refreshed.

It triggered 4 time somehow! Did it trigger once per each Physical and once for all Ice? :? You should test how it works with other AoE physicals.
I encounter a Sankais and Ukobachs that almost sends me to preservation. Found Rush. Decided not to recruit him. Then I find a Wraith. It starts of well, but then my getting used to Quick Summon from my last character gets me close to death (1/30 HP :o ). I manage to go through the rest of the battle relatively smoothly.
Tower 5: I recruit a Carbuncle, replacing my Satyr. I give Carbuncle Alert, and Copy Mind Reader :) to myself. The rest of the floor is uneventful. I start Anomaly.
Anomaly 1: I run into a group with a Glitch immediately. This battle reduces me to 8 HP quickly, and I end up having to spend most of the battle hiding out of Glitches sight so I won't get hit by Hex Edit. Honestly, that move alone could probably make Glitches very threatening. Then I run into Zaji. She gives me some trouble, not going down for a while and hitting hard, but My build make her miss most attacks, and I kill her without loses. Didn't take any abilities of her. And then I run into another Glitch. :x Later I find a Blobs and Slimes group. I link with a Blob to give Artemis Flesh Rot. I also fuse a While Dryad. She get Siphon Touch and Leech Touch. I get rid of Shocking Bite. This is a Rather melee capable Dryad I ended up getting. :) I'm considering replacing Siphon Touch with Mind Reader to cover her below average Agility and Vilatily. Then I find a Fotia group. Both of my healer and me are weak to Fire. Thankfully ACC down and Chill force them to miss a lot of attacks. Still, getting a healer who isn't weak to fire might be a good choice for the next major party modification. All that's left after that is a Blobs and Nero group. Sadly, my Credits were running low, so I wouldn't be able to copy abilities to Nero and make it my new healer. :(
After a long time of not evading me, Python's Sanctum showed up. This is where I'm going next.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 3819,
is currently at Anomaly:1,
and is still alive!

Level: 8
MaxHP: 64

Strength: 17
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 18
Agility : 22
Cunning : 15

Abilities Known:
1) Avalanche (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 85 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Ice Breath (Type: Ice, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Rattling Cry (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce accuracy by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
6) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
7) Shocking Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
8) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))

Relic Upgrades:
Item Sense (Shows the positions of unattended items on the map. May also reveal additional items when searching corpses, or once a level is fully explored.)

Inventory:
1 Heart glyph
1 Pain glyph
1 Frost glyph
3 Pure gem
5 Pure stone
1 Calm card
1 Heal gem
2 Bronze offering
1 Gold offering
6 Heal stone
1 Magic map
4 Chakra stone
1 Flame glyph

Current Credits: 1280

Slash        2          0          0          6*         1         
Impact       1*         0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       3*         0          0          6*         1         
Fire         0          0          0          4          3*         
Ice          1*         0          2*         4          1         
Electricity  1          0          2          4*         1         
Body         1          0          3          4*         0         
Mind         2          0          2          5*         0         
Light        1          0          3          2*         2         
Dark         0          0          2          4*         1         

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
Level: 7
MaxHP: 61

Magic   : 25
Vitality: 28
Agility : 9
Cunning : 9

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
5) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Zar
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 13
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 13
Agility : 21
Cunning : 21

Abilities Known:
1) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 50

Strength: 21
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 11
Agility : 28
Cunning : 17

Abilities Known:
1) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
2) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
8) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)

Name : Vile Dryad
MaxHP: 52

Strength: 7
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 15
Agility : 17
Cunning : 23

Resist: Electricity Body Light
Weak  : Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a damaging ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (6))
2) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Flash Shock (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Leech Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
8) Siphon Touch (Type: Body, 0 SP. Drains the target's SP by 15%, restoring your own SP by 66% of the amount drained.)

MaxHP: 67

Magic   : 6
Vitality: 33
Agility : 11
Cunning : 11

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Carbuncle
MaxHP: 43

Strength: 9
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 14
Agility : 29
Cunning : 28

Resist: Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Dazzling Glare (Type: Mind, 15 SP. 50% chance to inflict Stun on enemies, causing them to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Ah, indeed. I checked with 3 goblins and something odd is indeed happening with Avalanche: I'll look into that further before the next release. :D Thank you. :D

Battlemage Dryad is very battlemage. :) If she branched out from Body to another element (Fire or Ice maybe?), she might actually be really good at it. :D The double Cantrip bit is frowny, but that can be fixed.

Thanks for the report, and good luck with Python's Sanctum!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:51 pm

...is that just me, or it's much easier to get double Cantrip cooldown than any other kind?
Python's Sanctum: I pick up a some Credits, then find a Nero. I decide to recruit him – it will give me 3 Light weaknesses, but I think it's better than having both healers weak to Fire. After finishing it's link, I find Python. I attempt to retreat to collect more credits more Credits, but run into a dead end with another demon group instead. I kill that demon group, rest and think of recruiting Python, but his supports all use Rousing Cry, making him propel way in front of his group. At this point I'm thinking that attempting to recruit him is too risky. After a long and unsuccessful fight, my Zar gets killed. :( I decide to change tactics and focus on his supports first, killing Ruhin. The I retreat. After one more fight I kill the remaining supports. At this point I decide to recruit Python after all. I fail. :( I do succeed in killing him on my second attempt. I attempt to recruit an Illomba to replace my losses, but I don't notice it getting killed by Poison. Then I find a Wraith – Tousen's Needle build. I focus on the Wraith, hoping to get a chance to recruit one of it's demons. After I kill the wraith, it turns out that all of his demons are weak to Fire or Light. I choose the Frigid Asrai in the end. Also find a corpse encounter, decide not to recruit anyone.
Anomaly 2: I attempt too recruit a Gremlin for a fusion later, but both times my Artemis kills them with Poison. Then I find Ludoc. I almost die due to my lack of caution again. I also loose Dryad in this battle. :( While retreating from his freed demons, I run into another demon group. I had enough Credits to Restore my Dryad, but it's going to be a notable setback in my party development plan. After a few tense fight, thanks to my lowered MawHP, I find more Gremlins and finally recruit one of them. I replace Asrai – I'm sure she would be a good ranged demon, but I decided to recruit demons for planed fusions. It could be higher level, but I don't want to depend on luck to find a fitting demon. I find a Wraith. Seeing how he has Blood Rot, I decide to focus all my attention on him, hoping he still has the demon he copied it from, but no such luck. Oh, and then I loose my Carbuncle to a corpse encounter because it took more damage per turn than I expected AND Aeras Shocked me at just the right moment. :x
Anomaly 3: I recruit an Aeras for the sake of having a full party. Replaced it with an Aithir to not have 3 Light and Dark weaknesses. Coudn't defeat Paracelus – his elemental diversity allowed his starting group to hit weaknesses of most of my demons, and with OFF up I get overwhelmed fast. I managed to get the S.E.P.I. Credits, however. I tried to clean up some corpses, and I found a Wraith. Decide to replace my Aither with his Ruhin in the end, so my weaknesses would be less messy. Had to leave a corpse unchecked because Paracelus was right on top of it, and I don't think I could defeat him this time.
I'm not sure if I like my team – I REALLY lack status effects, and some of my demon feel severely unoptimized. Doesn't help that I was playing super carelessly lately. :x
Also, I noticed that using Rattling Cry says, in the messages, that “You shout a rallying cry.” I'm guessing all Cries have this message. Not a bug, I think, but it does look odd.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 6952,
is currently at Tower:6,
and is still alive!

Level: 11
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 21
Vitality: 19
Agility : 28

Abilities Known:
8) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))

Relic Upgrades:

Inventory:
1 Heart glyph
1 Pain glyph
1 Frost glyph
4 Pure gem
5 Pure stone
2 Bronze offering
1 Gold offering
1 Magic map
4 Chakra stone
1 Flame glyph
6 Heal stone
1 Bolt glyph

Current Credits: 2009

Slash        1          0          0          6*         1         
Impact       2*         0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       2*         0          0          6*         1         
Fire         0          0          1          4          2*         
Ice          1*         0          3*         4          0         
Electricity  1          0          2          3*         2         
Body         1          1          3          1*         2         
Mind         1          0          1          6*         0         
Light        1          0          2          3*         2         
Dark         0          0          1          4*         2         

Level: 10
MaxHP: 61

Strength: 24
Vitality: 14
Agility : 32
Cunning : 20

Abilities Known:
1) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
2) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
8) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)

Level: 9
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 23
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 39
Agility : 13
Cunning : 13

Abilities Known:
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Name : Nero
Level: 9
MaxHP: 59

Strength: 15
Magic   : 27
Vitality: 27
Agility : 15
Cunning : 11

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) ------------

Name : Vile Dryad
MaxHP: 57

Magic   : 31
Agility : 19
Cunning : 26

Resist: Electricity Body Light
Weak  : Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
5) Flash Shock (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Leech Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
8) Siphon Touch (Type: Body, 0 SP. Drains the target's SP by 15%, restoring your own SP by 66% of the amount drained.)

Name : Gremlin
MaxHP: 39

Vitality: 13
Agility : 24
Cunning : 24

Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Focusbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
3) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
4) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Blessed Ruhin
MaxHP: 62

Magic   : 16
Vitality: 20
Agility : 26
Cunning : 30

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) Rousing Cry (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Accelerates the next turn of all nearby allies who aren't Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
8) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
Saler

Postby Ferret » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:59 am

Cantrips are a pretty common cooldown type, and cover a wide array of abilities. Most other cooldowns are much more narrow in application, so it's less likely you'd even want 2 of them, and probably also easier to remember "oh, right, all breath weapons use Breath cooldowns; all gaze/glares use Presence", etc.

Sounds like things were a bit rough in Anomaly. But, while there's life there's hope, right? :D

I'll check over the various shout messages before the next release: it would not surprise me if there are more cut and paste errors on the usage messages.

Thanks for the report. :) I look forward to hearing if you manage to recover or not :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion