My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby Saler » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:04 pm

Another comment about that bug – I think the rest didn't get interrupted because the Ogre spawned in my line of sight.
I clear out Anomaly 1 mostly without trouble. A few Gremlins give me a hard time. I link with a Blob, copying his Poison Veil and Flesh Rot to my Holy Raicho (not an optimal choice for him, because he is fragile, but it supports his Poison Touch, and I had Credits problems. :roll: ) and fusing a Vile Kasha, who got Flesh Rot and Corrupt. I also gave Vikhor Leadership from Headless.
In Anomaly 2, I encounter Python. I decide not to recruit him, because I couldn't find space for him in my party. Then I find a Cursed group of Blobs and Nero, which gave me some trouble, lowering my DEF and OFF and Poisoning me. :( I copier Bloodthirst to myself, and I also got Poison Veil from a corpse. I go into oUr SaNcTuM1!1
Here I manage to clear out the Glitched without losses. Then I encounter a Wraith. I beat him also, although I had to make a few switch-outs. I link with his Faerie for it's Healing Charm, Cleanse and Fade. :) The healing abilities went to my Angel, Raicho got Fade.
In Anomaly 3, I encounter Paracelus early on. I manage to overpower him with buffs as well as Poison and Infection. Then I encounter Maderva and kill her rather quickly. Even with her Cleansing Cut, She takes a good chunk of damage from Poison. :) And then her DEF gets lowered. I took Crusader from her. Then I fought a Wraith. Who had a lot of buffs and healing. They also used Quelling Cry and Ice attacks for Chill. :( That was a rather hard battle as the result of all of that. But now I'm done with the Anomaly. I gave Kasha Pounce and Tormentor, replacing Swiftness. Rush got Angel's Mien. I thought of making some more modifications, but decided against it.
My party seems to be coming together, despite a few mistakes I made earlier. Angel supports, heals and damages (again), my Headless buffs as always, Vikhor deals good damage and is evasive, Raicho deals a lot of damage, Guilts, Poisons and lower DEF, Kasha also Guilts and lowers DEF, and also Infects and Rush... heals and damages, I guess. I never used him as much as my other demons, for some reason. :lol:
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Crown of Glory,
selected Debuff and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 66828 (presently on cycle 2),
is currently at Tower:6,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 11
MaxHP: 79
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 30
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 27
Agility : 22
Cunning : 22

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
3) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Polar Rush (Type: Impact, 5 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with an 85 Power Impact/Ice attack. Then, Chill enemies in front of you, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Charge (4))
7) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
8) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Copy Saver (Reduces the cost of Copy Ability by 25%.)

Inventory:
11 Pure stone
1 Tempest rune
1 Night rune
1 Calm card
1 Trouble chime
3 Pure gem
2 Bolt glyph
1 Zephyr card
2 Venom rune
1 Chakra gem
1 Curse rune
1 Heal gem
2 Frost glyph
2 Pain glyph
1 Peace offering
1 Flame glyph
1 Heart glyph
1 Blizzard rune
3 Chakra stone
2 Heal stone

Current Credits: 2251

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 113 / 135 (83% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        3          0          0          6*         1         
Impact       2*         0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       0          0          0          5*         2         
Fire         0          0          2          5*         0         
Ice          0          0          2          3*         2         
Electricity  1          0          3          3*         1         
Body         2          0          2          4*         1         
Mind         1          0          1          5*         1         
Light        3          1          3          1          2*         
Dark         1          0          3*         3          1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Holy Raicho
Level: 9
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 6
Magic   : 20
Vitality: 6
Agility : 31
Cunning : 32

Resist: Electricity Light
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Touch (Type: Electricity, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Poison Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
5) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
7) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
8) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Name : Vile Kasha
Level: 10
MaxHP: 53

Strength: 11
Magic   : 24
Vitality: 14
Agility : 21
Cunning : 30

Resist: Fire Body Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
5) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
6) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
7) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Headless
Level: 9
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 23
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 39
Agility : 13
Cunning : 13

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Name : Vikhor
MaxHP: 51

Strength: 16
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 16
Agility : 32
Cunning : 20

Resist: Ice Electricity Mind
Weak  : Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Cleave (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
6) Parry (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to parry Melee and Direct range Slash, Impact, and Pierce abilities if your last used ability was also such.)
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)

Name : Blessed Angel
Level: 12
MaxHP: 64

Strength: 18
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 22
Agility : 22
Cunning : 17

Immune: Light
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
7) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
8) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)

Name : Friar Rush
MaxHP: 60

Vitality: 28
Agility : 12
Cunning : 24

Resist: Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Slap Silly (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
2) Emit Void (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
3) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:35 pm

That could well be... it's a relatively rare case for something to spawn in sight while resting, so I may have never tested it.

:D Re: the Faerie recruit from a Wraith. This is kinda how I hoped Wraiths would work, at least some of the time: tough fights, but you can sometimes get great, human-crafted recruits from them, which will probably tend to be pretty good.

Rush is a bit of an odd ball. :) He's pretty average, which reflects his ability set: physical attacks, magical attacks, healing, and status effects. His particular flavor makes him sort of a supportive melee attacker, if of a very different flavor than Headless.

Congrats on clearing Anomaly, and thanks for the report. :)
Ferret

Postby Saler » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:27 am

Well, technically I recruited that Faerie only for it's abilities, not for it. :)
Tower 6: I recruit an Estas for it's Normalize Host. Later I encounter Ludoc. I had some troubles thanks to debuffs and healing, but I killed him. I linked with his Asrai and Echeneis for their abilities – Flustering Cry and Flash Heal. Then, while clearing up corpses, I find a Wraith. Seeing how there were 2 Charm users and 2 Light attackers next to me, :( and I still had no Calm, I decided to just run.
Tower 7 was uneventful. In Tower 8 I recruited a Cynocephalus and gave him most of Headless's abilities, then made him Major. I mismanaged my Credits a bit and lost Bloodthirst. :( And I failed to notice that with Rousing and Piercing Cries it also had 2 Presence cooldowns. I also encounter Midochanin here. I decide to not recruit him. Debuff him early and defaet him without too much trouble. I also get enough Credits for another copy and replace Cynocephalus's Rousing Cry with Innocence. That is a good Cry ability, but I don't think I have space on another character, and I'd rather have a better chance for Piercing Cry to land. I also found a Chupacabra that I could potentially get Bloodthirst from, but I didn't have the credits for it. I went into Turdak's Sanctum next.
I run into Turdak immediately. I kill his Acheris and leave him alone to potentially recruit him later. I had a couple of hard battles (Will o Wisps and Chinidis surrounded me completely, Ghouls Paralyzed most of my demons and dealt a lot of damage), I go back to Turdak and recruit him. I give him Swiftness and Leadership and replace Vikhor.
At Tower 9, after spending most of a battle against Lilims asleep, I find Charliss. My and Turdak's Dark resistance helped a lot, and I mostly overpower him with debuffs. He dealt a lot of damage, but my Angel kept up with the healing. Then, in a latter fight, I get put to Sleep by a Lilim while a group of Aitavaras kept hitting my Raicho. :( Thankfully, it did manage to survive thanks to Angel's healing. I manage to defeat that group. It was the last group on the floor and there were no corpse encounters.
I should probably start replacing my demons soon. Another big problem is my lack of Calm, as the recent getting out to Sleep has shown.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 71587 (presently on cycle 2),
is currently at Tower:9,
and is still alive!

Level: 14
MaxHP: 92

Strength: 34
Vitality: 30
Agility : 25
Cunning : 27

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
3) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Polar Rush (Type: Impact, 5 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with an 85 Power Impact/Ice attack. Then, Chill enemies in front of you, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Charge (4))
7) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
8) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))

Inventory:
17 Pure stone
1 Tempest rune
1 Night rune
1 Calm card
1 Trouble chime
3 Pure gem
2 Bolt glyph
1 Zephyr card
3 Venom rune
1 Chakra gem
1 Curse rune
1 Heal gem
2 Frost glyph
2 Pain glyph
3 Peace offering
2 Heart glyph
2 Blizzard rune
6 Chakra stone
7 Heal stone
2 Flame glyph

Current Credits: 4034

Shared Codex   : 114 / 135 (84% complete)

Slash        3          0          0          6*         1         
Impact       2*         0          0          5*         2         
Pierce       0          0          1          5*         1         
Fire         1          0          3          3*         1         
Ice          0          0          1          4*         2         
Electricity  1          0          2          4*         1         
Body         2          1          1          4*         1         
Mind         1          0          1          5*         1         
Light        3          1          3          1          2*         
Dark         1          1          3*         2          1         

Name : Holy Raicho
MaxHP: 48

Strength: 6
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 6
Agility : 35
Cunning : 36

Resist: Electricity Light
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Touch (Type: Electricity, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Poison Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
5) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
7) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
8) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Name : Vile Kasha
MaxHP: 59

Strength: 12
Magic   : 27
Agility : 23
Cunning : 32

Resist: Fire Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
5) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
6) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Flustering Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce evasion by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))

Level: 15
MaxHP: 72

Strength: 20
Magic   : 35
Vitality: 25
Agility : 25

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
6) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
7) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
8) Normalize Host (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock.)

Name : Friar Rush
MaxHP: 65

Strength: 17
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 31
Agility : 13
Cunning : 27

Resist: Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Slap Silly (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
2) Emit Void (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
3) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
8) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Name : Maj. Cynocephalus
MaxHP: 65

Strength: 28
Magic   : 14
Agility : 27
Cunning : 14

Resist: Fire Mind
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
2) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
7) Cleansing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Infection, Poison, and Paralysis from you or a nearby ally.)
8) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))

Name : Turdak
Level: 14
MaxHP: 64

Strength: 27
Magic   : 14
Cunning : 26

Immune: Body Dark
Resist: Pierce Ice
Weak  : Impact Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
3) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
7) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
8) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:20 am

Same difference Re: the Faerie. :) Either way, you got some goodies from the ghost. :D

I was a little curious how often Normalize Host would get used, so I'm happy to see someone mentioning going for it. :D

Hmm.. the multi-cooldown thing... I wonder if I should add a warning when you're about to learn a cooldown-sharing ability? I'll think about it. :)

In theory it should be possible to live without Calm (or any other status cleaners), but I admit it makes things a lot easier to have them. I need to get around to adding some alternatives to them, but I'm hesitate to add more to the already-likely-way-big Matter build.

Thanks for the report, and good luck in Tier 2 :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:04 am

Normalize host is definitely an odd one. On one hand it's very useful against Pyre Rite/Icebreaker wraiths and demons, on the other hand it's not very useful against majority regular packs of demons. Personally, ignite or chill usually don't bother me much and the only demons that can reliably shock you repeatedly are Aeras, so shock removal isn't very common or necessary occurence either. However its low cost and area of effect makes it cheap and somewhat useful thing to do for supports. Especially for healers with lifeweaver it's a way to remain useful even without SP.
Also this Image
I am pretty sure I was in the range of that Estas, why it didn't remove ignite from me? You can see in the log that ignite was removed from abbey lubber but I remained being on fire (for 1 more turn). Maybe Fotias got proc from Fan Flames and ignite duration was increased for me and normalize host only removes short effects?

Edit: ignite did wear off. I just wasn't sure if I was out of range, on the tooltip range looks pretty big.
Still not sure hot to count range diagonally :roll:
Last edited by oneeyedjoe on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Saler » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 am

Well, I already had experience with wanting Normalize Host and not having it. Probably the least useful effect removal ability, but it's cheap and has AoE.
And yeah, it looks like you were just outside of the effect range, oneeyedjoe.
Tower 10: I linked with an Ehlose and replaced Raicho's Fade with Warning Cry. Later, I recruited an Eloko and replaced Kasha with it. I gave it Corrupt, Flesh Rot, Flustering Cry (didn't realize that I would have double cooldowns. Again. ) and Tormentor. (To keep access to it.) I reach Level 15 here and choose S.E.P.I. While clearing up corpses, I find one of Tousen's Wraiths. He had Alluring Gaze I used a few item, and still couldn't kill him! :( I really want Calm now. And then, while trying to check the other corpses, I find another Tousen. :x I just go to the next floor at this point.
Tower 11: I find a group of Akateko, and decide to recruit one of them. I had to use a Healing Stone in process, because I ran into a group of Raiju. I gave Akateko Poison Touch, Flesh Rot, Poison Veil, Healing Flash, Warning Cry Smite, replacing Raicho. I wanted to fuse him to Akateko, but I mismanaged my Credits. Again. :(
At Tower 12, I run into a group of Light demons and get beat down to preservation mode. Tried to recruit one of them, but failed. I then encountered a Bmolas/Hobs group, and I recruited a Hob. Gave him Dark Gift, then Fused Rush to Akateko. It got Consume Vigor as a result. And then I find whole 4 corpse encounters.
Tower 13: I run into Reprobus and CO immediately and lose Akateko to that group. I save up enough Credits to Restore it, but it definitely has set back my development plans. I attempt to recruit Reprobus later, because I thought that my buffs would be enough, but I fail and lose both Angel and Eloko. :x I didn't even get to clear the corpses!
Tower 14: I recruit Raiju and Pixie to replace my loses. Here I eventually find the Credits to Restore Angel. I think I will have to leave Eloko dead.
Baphomet's Sanctum next. I'm too upset by that Reprobus encounter to feel confident in my skills.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 80062 (presently on cycle 2),
is currently at Tower:14,
and is still alive!

Level: 18
MaxHP: 106

Strength: 40
Vitality: 34
Agility : 29
Cunning : 33

Abilities Known:

Relic Upgrades:
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)

Inventory:
21 Pure stone
1 Tempest rune
1 Night rune
1 Calm card
1 Trouble chime
3 Pure gem
2 Bolt glyph
2 Zephyr card
3 Venom rune
3 Chakra gem
1 Curse rune
2 Frost glyph
2 Pain glyph
3 Peace offering
2 Heart glyph
2 Blizzard rune
5 Chakra stone
5 Heal stone
2 Flame glyph
1 Mirror chime

Current Credits: 728

Slash        2          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       1*         0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       0          0          1          6*         0         
Fire         1          0          2          3*         2         
Ice          0          0          2          5*         0         
Electricity  0          0          1          5*         1         
Body         1          2          0          4*         1         
Mind         2          1          2          4*         0         
Light        2          1          0          3          3*         
Dark         1          1          2*         3          1         

Level: 15
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 33
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 26
Cunning : 17

Abilities Known:
1) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
2) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
7) Cleansing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Infection, Poison, and Paralysis from you or a nearby ally.)
8) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))

MaxHP: 74

Strength: 31
Agility : 37
Cunning : 31

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
3) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
7) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)

Name : Mindbender Hob
Level: 17
MaxHP: 80

Strength: 17
Magic   : 35
Vitality: 24
Agility : 15
Cunning : 44

Immune: Mind
Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
4) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
5) Disable Mind (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Cannot miss.)
6) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
7) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
8) ------------

Name : Gluttonous Akateko
Level: 16
MaxHP: 74

Strength: 15
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 34
Agility : 26
Cunning : 14

Immune: Body

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Poison Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
4) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
5) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
7) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Consume Vigor (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power), split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cooldown: Breath (6))

Name : Pixie
MaxHP: 72

Strength: 10
Magic   : 38
Agility : 33
Cunning : 38

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Muddle (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
2) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Lucky Star (Type: None, Passive. You only have a 1 in N chance of triggering Luck cooldowns, where N is the number of Luck cooldown abilities you have.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 80

Strength: 22
Magic   : 38
Vitality: 27
Agility : 27
Cunning : 21

Abilities Known:
2) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
8) Normalize Host (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock.)

I would currently be at 4th place in the leaderboard, so that's something.
Saler

Postby Ferret » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:21 pm

Joe: based on the positions there, the Estas wouldn't have been able to get both you and the Abbey Lubber in one cast. The Abbey Lubber is at slightly less than half HP, you're at exactly HP, but neither of you are what the AI considers critical, so the "save the player at all costs" clauses don't kick in. Therefore, I *believe* the AI acted properly here. (When you say Ignite lasted 1 more turn, what do you mean? Did it wear off, or did it remove it then?)

Also: I did notice that, for some reason, Normalize Host was a ring effect instead of a proper square, so I did fix that. :D

Saler: You've been around long enough to know Reprobus is probably one of the toughest recruitments in the game. :) I wouldn't let missing it bother you toooo much. You survived missing it, after all, which is more than many who try it can say. :D

At least recruiting the Hob got you Calm access finally, which I figured you would. :) There's enough demons with Calm in Tier:2 that you're almost assured a shot at picking it up then if you haven't found it earlier: Zagh, Hob, Unicorn, and Polong can all provide it. :D It'd be a very weird game if you never saw any of those, though of course if you don't find it until Unicorn or Polong in particular, you've had quite the wait.

Good luck with Baphomet's Sanctum, and thanks for the report. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:28 pm

I guess you need buffs and debuffs both to deal with Mordecai.
Never noticed how many demon at this point have Calm. That's well thought desing! :)
I give Hob Healing Flash. I encounter Baphomet early and attempt to recruit him, but fail. :x And I used up almost half of my MaxHP. After killing him, I run into a group of Yalis and Ben Nefilins. I get Leaped and Paralized, which makes me worried because of my Light weakness. After recovering, I let my frontliners handle them while taking cover behind them from Leap Attack for most of the battle. Then I find Adria. She gives me more trouble than normal thanks to Guilt healing, but I defeat her without loses. The ramaining demon group of the level is an Angel/Archangels/Druj Nasus group. I almost enter Preservation in this fight because of my Light weakness and me getting Infected. I find a Zagh in a corpse encounter and recruit it. Akateko gets King's Mien, Zagh gets Muddle and Pixie gets deleted. I get 2 Wraith encounters, but both of them don't spawn anything. Again. :roll:
Tower 15: I encounter an Eolkos and Unicorns group. Other than getting Charmed while my Calmer was out of SP, I didn't have much trouble. It did take a while. I link with a Unicorn for it's Lifegiver. My Akateko almost dies in process. Then I recruit a Mananangal from an Oni group. My next fight is a Yali group, which ends up getting both Turdak and Akateko close to death. :( I give Zagh Witch's Mien, Blight and Weaken Host from Mananangal. Also, I think, at one point my Polar Rush fails to Chill a Yali. Then I find Breska. With a lot of Poison abilities. After two attempted fights, getting overpowered both times, :( I decide to leave him alone. After checking the corpses and fighting a corpse encounter, I go to the next level.
Tower 16 was surprisingly uneventful. At tower 17 I eventually find Tlalloc. I recruit him, replacing my Hob. I manage to pass Healing flash and Lifegiver to him. Angel also ends up getting Lifegiver instead of Normalize Host as the result. I decide to give Zagh Consume Vigor, and Akateko gets Meditate. I also find Heavyhanded on a corpse and replace Poison Veil with it. I also get another failed Wraith summon. Next up is Phoenix's Sanctum, which might be a problematic level. Phoenix is one of the more troublesome uniques from my experience.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 89117 (presently on cycle 2),
is currently at Tower:17,
and is still alive!

Level: 22
MaxHP: 121

Strength: 46
Vitality: 38
Agility : 33
Cunning : 39

Abilities Known:
8) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)

Relic Upgrades:
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)

Inventory:
21 Pure stone
1 Night rune
1 Calm card
1 Trouble chime
3 Pure gem
2 Bolt glyph
2 Zephyr card
4 Venom rune
4 Chakra gem
1 Curse rune
2 Frost glyph
2 Pain glyph
3 Peace offering
2 Heart glyph
2 Blizzard rune
5 Chakra stone
8 Heal stone
2 Flame glyph
1 Mirror chime
2 Heal gem

Current Credits: 3819

Slash        2          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       1*         0          0          6*         1         
Fire         1          0          2          2*         3         
Ice          1          1          1          5*         0         
Electricity  1          1          1          4*         1         
Body         1          2          0          5*         0         
Mind         1          1          1          5*         0         
Light        3          2          0          1          4*         
Dark         2          2          2*         1          2         

MaxHP: 88

Strength: 37
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 29
Agility : 36
Cunning : 19

Abilities Known:

Level: 21
MaxHP: 82

Strength: 34
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 28
Agility : 41
Cunning : 34

Abilities Known:

Level: 19
MaxHP: 82

Magic   : 46
Vitality: 38
Cunning : 16

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Poison Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
4) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
5) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
6) Consume Vigor (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power), split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cooldown: Breath (6))
7) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
8) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

MaxHP: 85

Strength: 23
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 29
Cunning : 23

Abilities Known:
8) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)

Name : Zagh
MaxHP: 77

Strength: 11
Magic   : 47
Vitality: 23
Cunning : 35

Immune: Mind Light
Weak  : Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
4) Muddle (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
5) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
6) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
7) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
8) Consume Vigor (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power), split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cooldown: Breath (6))

Name : Tlaloc
Level: 25
MaxHP: 107

Strength: 24
Magic   : 64
Vitality: 42
Agility : 24
Cunning : 21

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)

With my current score I would be at 3rd place! :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:34 pm

It's not just for players' benefit, mind. :) I need a good distribution of healers in general so that I can include them in enemy parties throughout the game: after all, Mind effects are just as nasty for the enemy to experience as they are for you.

Sorry about null wraiths. :P One day when Demon is a much older roguelike we might be able to get away from that, but until then, there will probably always be a few floors with few/no wraiths. :(

Polar Rush shouldn't be able to fail to Chill barring Ice immunity, but I'll take a look at it.

Congrats on the 3rd place score so far. :) This is shaping up to be a successful Cycle 2. :D Thanks for the report!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:50 pm

Finally decided to play again after another unplanned break.
Also, I only now notice that I doubled up on cooldown AGAIN, with Tlalloc this time. :x
In Phoenix's Sanctum I run into Phoenix immediately. He and his group give me a lot of trouble, especially with them having AoE attacks thanks to their modifiers. After that I run into a group with Demases in it. They are Ionic and half of my team is weak to Fire, with one of them remaining weak to Electricity, so that group gave me a lot of trouble also. The rest of the clean up goes relatively smoothly. I find a corpse encounter, and lose some MaxHP to a Baneful demon whose abilities I failed to check. I recruit a Demas, thinking of using it for a fusion, but I forgot that it's Firekin, not Sulfuric, so he didn't fit my plan. :( Thought of recruiting a Unicorn from another corpse encounter, but decided not to. I noticed that Zagh doesn't get many chances to use Humble with my current tactics, so I decided to replace it with Meditate.
Tower 18: My Cynocephalus almost dies to an Impundulu group. As does my Zagh. I knew those birds can be nasty, but they never gave my quite as much trouble before. The cleanup didn't give me too much trouble, although there were a few hard fights. And then I found a Wraith which had Needle Spray, Poison Needle and 5 status effect adding passives. It looked like it would be a lot of trouble, but at first his demons were in the way of Needle Spray, and then I've split my team so if he did use Spray, it wouldn't be as disastrous. I then killed most of his demons and linked with his Chthonic Ehlose for it's modifier. I also replaced Zagh's Meditate with War Soul. I thought that with it's ability setup it could probably get a few triggers quickly. I made my Turdak Chthonic. I planed to fuse him to another demon to remove his Fire and Light weaknesses from my party, but this modifier probably will give him enough Vitality to survive those weaknesses. He got Ready Block and Heavyhanded from this fusion, both of which seem to be very good abilities for him. I deleted Leap Attack (I tend to close in my demons by Polar Rushing and then summoning my demons closer) and Leadership. He also resists all Physical attacks now. :D
Tower 19: I encounter a group of Light demons with 2 Rulers, and they give as much trouble as always. My Akateko dies because my Angel didn't heal it in time. :( Thankfully, I had the credits for a Restore. Later, I run into a Sulfuric Cherufe group which nearly kills me and several of my demons several times. I soon get level 25 and get Nightingale. Then I find Jayle. Who had both Pele and Kamapua'a. He manages to kill my Angel, :( but I still had a lot of Credits. Other than that, I didn't have any loses, although I would've like an opportunity to recruit Pele for a fusion. I then run into a group with Incubuses in it and link with one of them for it's Dominator. I almost fail the link, mostly because I didn't want to be at 1 HP next to a group of enemies. I did think to get a Calmer as an insurance, do I don't think that it would cause me to die. And then I forgot that I dismissed that Calmer (I got out of melee range for a moment) and got Charm, but then I had plenty HP and less enemies to deal with. The rest of the cleanup goes well.
Probably going to see the end of this run in one more playing session. My Fire and Light weaknesses could mess me up, especially seeing how I might not get enought Credits to fuse some of those Weaknesses away. Optimally I would find a Sulfuric and a Sainted demons, or their Tier 3 versions.
A question about Witch's Mien: if it triggers on an AoE attack, does it choose the same status effect for all enemies? It seems to have done so every time my Zagh used it.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 100403 (presently on cycle 2),
is currently at Tower:20,
and is still alive!

Level: 25
MaxHP: 132

Strength: 52
Vitality: 41
Agility : 36
Cunning : 42

Abilities Known:
8) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)

Relic Upgrades:
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)

Inventory:
23 Pure stone
1 Night rune
1 Calm card
1 Trouble chime
3 Pure gem
2 Bolt glyph
2 Zephyr card
4 Venom rune
4 Chakra gem
1 Curse rune
2 Frost glyph
2 Pain glyph
3 Peace offering
2 Heart glyph
2 Blizzard rune
6 Chakra stone
10 Heal stone
2 Flame glyph
1 Mirror chime
2 Heal gem
1 Bronze offering
3 Wind card
1 Ghost chime

Current Credits: 2612

Slash        2          0          1          6*         0         
Impact       1*         0          1          6*         0         
Fire         1          0          2          2*         3         
Ice          1          1          1          5*         0         
Electricity  1          1          1          4*         1         
Body         1          2          0          5*         0         
Mind         1          1          1          5*         0         
Light        2          2          0          1          4*         
Dark         2          2          2*         1          2         

Level: 20
MaxHP: 94

Strength: 39
Vitality: 32
Agility : 39

Abilities Known:

Name : Chthonic Turdak
Level: 23
MaxHP: 96

Strength: 36
Vitality: 49
Agility : 35
Cunning : 29

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
2) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
3) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
4) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
5) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
6) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
7) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
8) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)

Name : Zagh
MaxHP: 85

Strength: 12
Magic   : 52
Cunning : 39

Immune: Mind Light
Weak  : Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
2) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
3) Muddle (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
4) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
5) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
6) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
7) Consume Vigor (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power), split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cooldown: Breath (6))
8) War Soul (Type: Healing, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by restoring 10 of your SP.)

Name : Tlaloc
Level: 28
MaxHP: 118

Strength: 26
Magic   : 69
Vitality: 46
Agility : 26
Cunning : 23

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

MaxHP: 91

Strength: 18
Magic   : 51
Vitality: 41
Cunning : 18

Abilities Known:
6) Consume Vigor (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power), split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cooldown: Breath (6))
7) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
8) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Level: 21
MaxHP: 91

Strength: 25
Magic   : 44
Vitality: 31
Cunning : 24

Abilities Known:

Got to 2nd place now! :D Probably not gonna make it to 1st...
Saler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion