My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby Saler » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:53 pm

And I'm back! Well, technically I was back February 4th, but whatever. :roll:
I saw the Matter testing build. Not sure if I'm going to wait for this character to die or to play 2 characters at the same time.
Anomaly 1: after a few fights, I find a Blob and link with it to give Friar Rush Flesh Rot. Thought of linking with a Slime to give Malingee Block Impact and also giving it Ready Block and Block Physical, but decided against it. It wouldn't get targeted Physically anyway. :lol: After clearing up demons, I Enemy Lure for a Cursed Blobs/Slimes group. Tried to link for Piercing Cry, but after failing it with a Slime and a Blob, decide to just kill them. The corpse clean up goes mostly smoothly, having one big demon group that forced me to retreat, but I defeated them in the second fight.
Anomaly 2: After a few fights I find a Raiju. Try to link with him, but his Aerases Shock me, causing me to fail. I try to take cover from Aerases, but I get blocked by Python. I end up sacrificing Malingee and using a Charm Glyph. What a mess. :x I take down a Blobs/Slimes group, then find Aerases/Gremlins group. I kill them, recruiting an Aeras and almost loosing a few demons. I also have 4 Light weaknesses now. I almost get trapped between Raiju/Aerases and Python's group again, then fight Python. I recruit Ruhin, planing to give Aeras Vigorous and fusing Ccoa to him. I was 11 credits short. :x I decide to fuse a Stormy Freybug, being a bit experimental. I first kill his demons (it takes forever), then Python also, as I was out of credits. Then I track down and eliminate the Raiju/Aerases group, almost loosing Ruhin. I clear up the corpses without an incident. Enemy Lure lures 4 Gis.
Our SaNcTuM1!1: I find a Glitch with a Chaos, a Gi and an Aeras. I beat up the Chaos to force it to flee, but I had to fall back also. Rush and Headless kill the Glitch, shortly followed by the remaining hostile demons. The next encounter is Blobs, a Ruhin and a Glitch. I take cover from Glitch and have Rush and Headless take out most enemies before Rush gets dangerously low on HP. Next up is what might be the nastiest group there is on this level – Glitch with Fotia, Chaos a Nero. :( I run away unlit I can get some cover. Glitch show itself first, but quickly swaps with Foria and Chaos. My Headless, Rush and Freybug take them out quickly, while I support with Protect and Rabblerouser from the back row. Then Headless and I melee Glitch to death, and finaly take out Nero. :) Headless, Freybug and Aeras deal with the following 3 Chaoses + Glitch group. (Guess what? I took cover again) Then a 2 Aithers, Chaos and Glitch go down it a similar way, although Short Jaunt gives more problems this time. Then a 3 Gremlins, Ruhin and Glitch group. I run away to make Gremlins break away from the rest, then fight them. By the time the rest catches up, Gremlins were mostly dead. I decide not to search corpses or Enemy Lure here. Back at Anomaly 2, I lure Asrais and Gis. I was wondering – if you Charm a Glitch and make him attack another Glitch, will it hit a weakness? :)
Anomaly 3:After a few fight, I find Paracelsus. I attempt to take him down, but recognize that I'm not making any progress in taking down his demon and retreat. After a few more fights, I fight him again, this time ignoring his demons and trying to kill him first. At first that plan was also lacking success, but then I figure out a strategy of denying him of any Basks. His 3 demons with healing skills running out of SP also helped. I kill him after a long battle, then retreat to deal with his demons better. During the corpse clean up I find a Buff/Ice Orb of Power Wraith named Beano. Had mostly fused demons. Some good ability copies, too. Headless decides to focus on him and takes him out quickly. His demons give quite a bit of trouble, hitting hard, Panicking and Stunning. I actually had to use Pure and Healing stones, one each. Then I enemy lure a Glitch. I recruit it's Psychic Aither, replacing my Aeras, seeing how Freybug managed to take over it's role. :)
A problem this party has is lack of melee fighters – only Headless and sorta Rush.My Stormy Freybug is surprisingly powerful, seeing how it ripped through quite a few encounters. Rush is also stronger than I'm used to him being. Headless and Faerie are as reliable as ever. Ruhin is a good buffer, but I think I'll have to work with him a bit more. That Psychic Aithers I snatched at last second looks like it has potential.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Crown of Glory,
selected Buff and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 6771,
is currently at Tower:6,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 11
MaxHP: 81
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 33
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 29
Agility : 34
Cunning : 5

Resist: Light
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Guarding Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's defense by 25%.)
2) Warning Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's evasion by 25%.)
3) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
4) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
7) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
8) Storm Veil (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 5% chance to Shock the target, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)

Inventory:
4 Heal gem
1 Frost glyph
1 Calm card
2 Flame glyph
1 Peace offering
3 Mirror chime
2 Chakra gem
3 Pure stone
2 Zephyr card
1 Venom rune
1 Ghost chime

Current Credits: 741

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 115 / 135 (85% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        2*         0          0          7*         0         
Impact       1          0          0          7*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          0          6*         1         
Ice          1          0          2          3*         2         
Electricity  1          0          1          3*         3         
Body         1          2          1          3*         1         
Mind         2          0          3          4*         0         
Light        2          1          2*         2          2         
Dark         2          1          1          4          1*         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Stormy Freybug
Level: 9
MaxHP: 54

Strength: 12
Magic   : 20
Vitality: 12
Agility : 22
Cunning : 29

Resist: Ice Electricity
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
2) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
3) Stormwalk (Type: Electricity, 0 SP. Must target a Shocked character. Warps you adjacent to the target, and restores 20 of your SP. Free action. Cooldown: Charge (1))
4) Frost Ring (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
5) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
6) Emit Sparks (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets up to 3 random enemies. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
7) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
8) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)

Name : Lifegiver Faerie
MaxHP: 59

Strength: 6
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 17
Agility : 24
Cunning : 19

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
5) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
Level: 10
MaxHP: 82

Strength: 24
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 40
Agility : 14
Cunning : 14

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
4) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
5) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
8) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)

Name : Friar Rush
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 15
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 27
Agility : 11
Cunning : 23

Resist: Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Slap Silly (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
2) Emit Void (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
3) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
6) Poison Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times). Cooldown: Breath (5))
7) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
8) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)

Name : Blessed Ruhin
Level: 10
MaxHP: 62

Strength: 8
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 20
Agility : 26
Cunning : 30

Immune: Body
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Rousing Cry (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Accelerates the next turn of all nearby allies who aren't Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
8) ------------

Name : Psychic Aithir
MaxHP: 50

Strength: 6
Magic   : 26
Vitality: 12
Agility : 15
Cunning : 36

Immune: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Fire Ice Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
2) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10, and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)
5) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
7) Emit Void (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:51 am

This won't be my usual lengthy reply I'm afraid. :D Kinda focused on the Matter build atm. :D

To answer your Glitch question: Yes! Firewall and the relative rarity of Charm effects at that point in the game makes it difficult to pull off, but Data is a "real" element just like any other: If a Charmed Glitch decides to Hex Edit another Glitch, it will strike a weak point. :D Granted, I've never actually tested it, but that should be the case and if it isn't it is a bug. :D

Go Stormy Freybug.:D Something amuses me about a storm-charged demonic pug running about rampaging through other demons. :D

Good luck post-Anomaly, and thanks for the report!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Tower 6: The first encounter – a pair of Malingees and a Will-o-Wisp. Not exactly threatening. :) Other encounter were more fitting for Tower 6, but were still easy for me. The 3 corpse encounter I found did give me more of a trouble, but I still beat them. I lure for a Slash/Mind Titan's Fist Wraith named Snippan. Rather Dodge oriented. His demon modifications, at first glace, appeared to be mostly fusions. Quite a few buffs, quite a few Healing skills. A few demons had additional status effect moves. He was, however, a few levels behind me. I trap him against a wall, forcing him to have only 2 demons summoned at a time. He actually gives me some trouble, Dodging a lot of attacks and summoning an Aeras. After his death, all of his demons were low on health, so I easily killed them.
Tower 7: I link with an Angel for it's Mending. Then I find Maderva. She gives me a lot of trouble, forcing me to make a lot of tactical switch outs, but I manage to defeat her after using a Healing Stone. :) I decide to try out Heavy Guard. I Enemy Lure a cryptid for the first time. Unfortunately, it's a cryptid I already managed to recruit on an earlier run – Chupacabras. I decide to just kill them.
Tower 8: I'm forced into a situation where I have to fight Centaurs in the open – I didn't explore any of the level yet, so running away could mean running into another group and just making things worse. This fight proved to be troublesome even with my level advantage. (which, to be fair, wasn't all that big by this point) I find Miodchonin here, at first I decide to not recruit him, saving my credits to make a stronger demon later, but decide to try and get his Second Wind for Friar Rush. And I succeed in doing so. :) Had a few tough fights with regular demons afterwards, but didn't decide to recruit any of them, mostly because all the demons I was interested in had “kill X other enemies” links, and I explored too much of the map to feel confident that I could reasonably do them – I didn't want to risk luring a Wraith. The totally normal group I lured goes down quickly to double passive supported Poison Breath.
Tower 9: I have a bit of trouble with a group of Aitavarases. Then, in the middle of the rest, I get attacked by Turdak. :x I try to link with him, but fail because he gets Charmed and runs away as the result. Then again – his Acheris would probably cause too much trouble. I manage too kill him without using items, but just barely. Party mismanagement almost lead to Rush dying. The rest of the battle were fairly tough, but none of them gave me as much trouble as Turdak. I lure a rather dangerous group of demons, but starting in melee help me to take them out before they do much.
Anzu's Sanctum: Friar Rush dies in the first encounter to some Onis and Alas. He went from 30+ to 0 in one turn. I decided he was too well developed not to Restore. But that has set back my further party development plans. Later, I run into Anzu. He would make a good recruit, but he died to Poison before I could recruit him. :x I made a bit of a tactical error here, putting Rush against him while he was already beat up. I reach Level 15 and get Copy Saver, hoping it makes my planed modifications cheaper. In the next encounter, Headless almost dies, going from around 60, I think, to 1 and using up Diehard. Is this Sanctum's encounter list purposefully build to do a lot of damage in a single burst in all encounters? I find a Chachapuma I wouldn't mind having in a corpse encounter, but it proves to be too troublesome to kill other demons first. There also was an Oni there, but I thought I was too low level to recruit him. But as the Bmola I did successfully linked with proved, the fusion would cost too much and I wouldn't be able to pass on any skills. I lure a Pierce/ EricMind Titan's Fist Wraith named Eric. He had many demons with Lucky Aid. Several healer also. It wasn't a hard battle, but it was an annoying one. :x
Tower 10 seems like a good stopping point for now. Even after that Rush death, I think I'll soon be able to replace one of my demons soon, so there's that to look forward to.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 13712,
is currently at Tower:10,
and is still alive!

Level: 15
MaxHP: 96

Strength: 41
Vitality: 33
Agility : 42

Abilities Known:
1) Guarding Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's defense by 25%.)
2) Warning Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's evasion by 25%.)
4) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
5) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
6) Heavy Guard (Type: Impact, Reactive. Responds to attacks by adjacent enemies that you block or parry with a 40 Power attack that has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)
Copy Saver (Reduces the cost of Copy Ability by 25%.)

Inventory:
5 Heal gem
1 Frost glyph
1 Calm card
3 Flame glyph
1 Peace offering
3 Mirror chime
2 Chakra gem
5 Pure stone
2 Zephyr card
1 Venom rune
1 Ghost chime
1 Bronze offering
1 Heart glyph
2 Heal stone
1 Chakra stone

Current Credits: 4664

Ice          1          0          2          3*         2         
Electricity  1          0          1          3*         3         
Body         1          2          1          3*         1         
Mind         2          0          3          4*         0         
Light        2          1          2*         2          2         
Dark         1          1          1          4          1*         

Level: 12
MaxHP: 62

Strength: 14
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 14
Cunning : 33

Abilities Known:
1) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
2) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
3) Stormwalk (Type: Electricity, 0 SP. Must target a Shocked character. Warps you adjacent to the target, and restores 20 of your SP. Free action. Cooldown: Charge (1))
4) Frost Ring (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
5) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
6) Emit Sparks (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets up to 3 random enemies. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
7) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
8) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)

Level: 12
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 7
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 19
Agility : 29
Cunning : 22

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
5) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
Level: 13

Strength: 27
Vitality: 47
Agility : 16
Cunning : 16

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
4) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
5) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
8) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)

Level: 14
MaxHP: 74

Strength: 9
Vitality: 24
Agility : 32

Abilities Known:
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Rousing Cry (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Accelerates the next turn of all nearby allies who aren't Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) ------------

MaxHP: 64

Magic   : 33
Vitality: 15
Agility : 19
Cunning : 45

Abilities Known:
1) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
3) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10, and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)
4) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
6) Emit Void (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
7) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Level: 13
MaxHP: 69

Strength: 18
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 33
Agility : 13
Cunning : 28

Abilities Known:
1) Slap Silly (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
2) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
3) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Poison Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times). Cooldown: Breath (5))
6) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
7) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
8) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))

Probably going to work on my Matter Build character before coming back to this one.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Still on shorter report replies due to Matter build work, but I can fit in a few comments. :D

It definitely is a risk, but don't forget that "Kill X Enemies" links allow you to go between levels now. :D Not sure when I did it, but it was at least 7 months ago :D

It wasn't entirely intentional.. but yes, come to think of it, Anzu's Sanctum does tend to be pretty bursty. Anzu tends to hang out with other "brutish monster" type demons, so it works out that way. :)

Nice work on getting to Tower:10 so far. :D Good luck over in Matter land!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:42 pm

I know about those links lasting over floors. I just thought it would be even riskier.
Matter land went fine, besides Vikhor dying. Although Paracelsus was disappointing. :)
Tower 10: I encounter Charliss immediately. Frey bug lost about half MaxHP, I lost about a third. Headless and Ruhin lost a bit as well. I used a Healing Stone for safety, and still dipped into Preservation for a moment. He also was really annoying with Short Jaunt. :x I later recruited a Dipsas and fused him to be Maj. And now I have a question about turn acceleration abilities – do they, except for Inspire, all give the same amount of acceleration or not? Otherwise Leading Edge seems lacking. I lure a Healing/Light Faithful Heart Wraith named Seru. His demons were rather well modified. A few really tanky ones, (high Strength, Bloodthirst, Gluttony, Diehard), a Shock oriented Kitsune and a Lilim with most debuffs stood up especially. It was a hard battle, I even thought I would have to flee, but the battle starts going my way after the Wraith runs out of SP and I win. I link with it's Jiang Shi to give Dipsas Bloodthirst and Diehar. :)
Tower 11: after fighting 2 encounter without getting a full rest, I run into Lioth. Giving Dipsas Diehard has already payed off. :) The biggest problem this battle was caused by status effects. Infection and Panic cause a lot of trouble, and be being out to Sleep almost lead to Dipsas dying, having to absorb 2 hits with Diehard. Lioth also strained my resources, forcing a lot of switchouts to low SP. I then encounter a group with Foul demons with Hinder and Expose Host. I link with one of them to give Expose Host to Ruhin. In the last normal encounter of this floor Rush and Freybug both almost die, getting put to red HP in melee with a pair of Raijus. During the corpse clean up, I find a Slash/Healing Titan's Fist Wraith named Mitch. His modifications were rather good all around. Thankfully I avoid getting hit with many status effects – there were enemies with Crippler and Numbing. :) His high defenses and Physical resistances give also give me trouble. But I beat him. The rest of the corpses weren't dangerous. I lure an Ice/Debuff Eye of the Dragon me. The one I tried to make Agility oriented and it went real bad after Anomaly. I make a mistake of keeping my party in his AoE, so he forces me to run to Tower 12.
Tower 12: I immediately find a group of Onis. It takes Dipsas from mostly full HP to 0 thanks to them getting a Stun immediately. They also badly wound basically all of my demons. Restoring Dipsas was relatively cheap, but I don't get a full rest before the next battle – Demases, Ukobachs and Ehloses. I run before realizing that the fight is going my way, fire demons dying very quickly. Exept for more Oni troubles, the rest of the level was mostly uneventful. I lure Reprobus. :o I decide to run away without even fighting. I'm NOT taking on Mordecai up close without a reliable OFF Down source. One of those probably would be enough for me to not fight him.
Tower 13: I find Pele immediately. I didn't think I could run away, if I recruited her, I would have Ice weaknesses, and I was uncomfortable replacing any of my Ice weak demons, either because I would lack melee demons, or I would be unable to copy my abilities efficiently. So I just killed her. It was a quick battle. A Demas group gives me some trouble, but I manage it. In a battle with Yalis later I noticed something – does Mute block the Buff half of my Cuts? This group also gives me some trouble, as does the next Druj Nasus with an Acheri and an Aitavars, this one actually forcing me to use a Pure Stone. I lure a Cynocephaluses and Shogothes group that does just enough damage to kill Rush. I could've probably prevented it if I used Guarding Cut. And my next party modification is delayed once more to a Restore. :x
This is getting very close to a potentially powerful Wraith, although I'm almost certain no one will encounter it. :roll: My current problem is that party modifications will take a lot of credits. Wouldn't be to surprised if it took as many as 6000 credits to copy all the abilities I want to keep and to fuse. For fusions, I'm mostly looking for high Magic demons with varying Cunning level, from low to high.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 21157,
is currently at Tower:14,
and is still alive!

Level: 19
MaxHP: 109

Strength: 49
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 37
Agility : 50

Abilities Known:
5) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
6) Heavy Guard (Type: Impact, Reactive. Responds to attacks by adjacent enemies that you block or parry with a 40 Power attack that has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Relic Upgrades:

Inventory:
7 Heal gem
1 Frost glyph
1 Calm card
3 Flame glyph
1 Peace offering
5 Mirror chime
2 Chakra gem
2 Zephyr card
5 Pure stone
1 Venom rune
2 Ghost chime
1 Bronze offering
1 Heart glyph
2 Chakra stone
2 Heal stone

Current Credits: 949

Ice          1          0          1          3*         3         
Electricity  1          0          2          3*         2         
Body         1          2          0          4*         1         
Mind         2          0          4          3*         0         
Light        2          1          2*         3          1         

MaxHP: 69

Strength: 16
Magic   : 25
Vitality: 15
Agility : 28

Abilities Known:

MaxHP: 75

Magic   : 36
Vitality: 21
Agility : 31
Cunning : 24

Abilities Known:
7) ------------
8) ------------

Level: 17
MaxHP: 83

Strength: 10
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 27
Agility : 35
Cunning : 41

Abilities Known:
8) Expose Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)

Level: 16

Magic   : 36
Vitality: 16
Agility : 21
Cunning : 49

Abilities Known:
3) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10, and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)
4) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
6) Emit Void (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
7) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Name : Maj. Dipsas

Strength: 24
Vitality: 22
Agility : 45
Cunning : 20

Resist: Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Leading Edge (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally.)
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))

MaxHP: 75

Strength: 20
Magic   : 25
Vitality: 35
Agility : 15
Cunning : 30

Abilities Known:
2) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
3) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Poison Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times). Cooldown: Breath (5))
6) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
7) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
8) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
Saler

Postby Saler » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Tower 14: After a somewhat hard fight against a Sainted group of Light demons, I find Ninkasi. I kill other demons and link with her. During the link, I noticed that a Charmed Chachapuma wasn't attacking other enemies it was in melee with, instead moving towards Ninkasi. And it also swapped places with another demon. Is it even supposed to be possible to swap with Charmed demons? An Ogre later behaved the same. Is that a bug with Charmed demons in protect links? I successfully recruit her, also giving her Healing Charm from Faerie. :) Another group of Light demons, this time Polar and mostly with Shisas and Yalis, gives me a lot of trouble before going down. After taking down another Light group, I lure some Akateko with 2 Banshees. Dipsas and I loose some MaxHP, but by the end of the battle it's just 3 MaxHP missing from me.
Baphomet's Sanctum: I encounter Adria early on. Had half of mind sending just Aither against her and seeing how that would turn out. :) I decide to fight her normally, and she gives me a lot of trouble. I had to at some point switch out most of my demons to low HP, SP and , once, to Charm. I have a feeling that Absolution would make her significantly easier – it would deny her of Guilt healing and of Witch's Mien triggers. Later, I find Baphomt's group. It's Imbued and had Haste. After some thinking, I decide to link with Baphomet. I succeed, using a bunch of Healing Gems, a Bronze Offering and most of my HP. As I run away, Dipsas, who was distracting Archangels, almost dies. (1 HP and on fire :o ) I guess you shouldn't ignore ACC up. Then I run into a Mindbender group of demons with Disable Mind. Some of them are Shikigamis. I recruit one of those Shikigamis to make the Wraith version of this character stronger, although nobody will encounter it. :roll: The fight goes better then expected – I take them out without too much trouble. I find a corpse encounter, and also lure a group of Yalis and Shikigamis. Both of those battle go by easily.
Tower 15: I swap out Friar Rush for a Bonnachon, copying both Rots, Innocence, Second Wind and Pink Whisper. A bit later I find Breska. His demons weren't all that bad for the most part, although a Carbuncle gave me a lot of trouble with Stuns and ACC down. Most of the problem came from Breska, hitting multiple demons, using status effects and being very bulky. After a very difficult battle, with most of my demons badly injured and having used 2 Chakra Stones, I beat him. I then fight a pair of 4 Onis + Mananangal groups, with a rest between them. I find a big corpse encounter that gives me a bit of trouble, then lure a normal encounter.
Tower 16: After a few normal fights, I find a Unicorn. I decide to recruit it, partially so the Wraith that will never be encountered would be stronger :roll: , partially for Absolution. It was a relatively easy link for me. I lure a group of Ikiryos. I decide that fighting it isn't worth it and run.
Tower 17: I get ambushed by a group of Abatwas that give me a lot of trouble. After having to switch out most of my demons to Poison damage, I manage to close in and kill them. I then get attacked by Shogoths and Ben Neflins without a full rest. After beating them, I find another Ikiryos group, this time deciding that the terrain is to my advantage and fighting. Baphomet was a lot of help both Mind Twist and Malice. Ruhin and Freybug also helped. I even manage to recruit an Ikiryo, fusing it with Bonnachon. :D It get Venin Touch out of the fusion. Later, I find Ionic Ikiryos. Aren't those demons supposed to be a bit on the rarer side? :x This encounter forces me to use a Healing Gem, but it gets more reasonable when they run low on SP. I lure a Crown of Glory Wraith named SurvivourD. Not sure about his initial typing. His demon certainly were very strong. His AoE attacks end up overwhelming me and forcing me to flee to Phoenix's Sanctum.
Phoenix's Sanctum: I find Phoenix immediately. His escorts were Warded with Stone Stance and Evasion. Normally I would've at least at recruiting him, but seeing how I need to keep my demons for the time I get out and I ran into him so early, I didn't take the chance. It was a hard battle, but I win. Then I encounter a Virtue for the first time. I later find a few more Powers, and these manage to kill my Ruhin. :( I Recover him afterwards. I encounter a Ruller with Polar Yalis and Shisas. This group give me some trouble. I find the Powers again and, after a difficult fight, beat them. I then encounter some strong Fire demons and decide to use Purple Essence I found in this battle to not have to summon Ninkasi. This was the last encounter, andI decide not to search corpses. I do use Enemy Lure and, seeing how it's just some Scarabs and Archangels, take them out. Freybug comes close to death because it Storm Walked right into the middle of enemy group.
When I come back, I decide not to risk fighting the Wraith and just Wind Card out. Something to note – it's Virtue got it's Miracles back.
So, this almost went terribly bad. It worries me that I just can't collect the credits to replace my Freybug. It is really getting underleveled by this point.
Buff Slashs have questionable priority. They almost always went for Baphomet and Ninkasi first, even when there were character in melee with enemies. This has been getting rather annoying.

5) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
6) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
7) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) Venin Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)

Level: 20
MaxHP: 93

Magic   : 24
Vitality: 30
Agility : 39

Abilities Known:
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:53 am

Charliss has always been good at using Short Jaunt. :D I've always been happy with how that turned out. :)

Some inspire-like effects are better than others. Leading Edge isn't so ... inspiring ... by itself, but it can become ridiculous fast combined with Leadership and/or any way of increasing you and your allies' turn speeds or slowing enemies' turns.

Seems like you were getting a lot of fun Enemy Lure results. :D

Mute in fact does probably block the buff half of cuts: added to my bug list. :D Good catch! :D (Note: Not added to the front page list, but it still on my main bug list.)

Charmed might be behaving weird because some protect captureable spawns directly target the demon you're supposed to be guarding (as if they had a Kill Order), and there is an open bug with Charm + Kill Order: I'll check it again after I fix that.

Ikiryos aren't particularly rare, no. :) I mean, some demons are more/less common than others simply due to how often they appear in spawn group entries, but Ikiryo are not intended to be especially rare.

Re: Virtue. I'll make sure Miracle cooldowns are saving properly: I've sometimes had weird problems with them for some reason.

Buff Slashes go prioritize the same way AIs with the actual buffs would, so I'm not sure why they'd act differently. I can give it a look though.

Sounds like you've been having a bumpy ride, but it's making for interesting reading. Thanks for the reports. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:30 pm

I'm sure demons would buff in the same order. What I'm trying to say is that order is far from optimal. If a demon isn't in danger of getting hit, it shouldn't get priority for DEF and EVD ups.
Tower 18: I level up to 25 after a battle with Pelesits and Polongs, getting S.E.P.I. Other than that, not much happened, this floor being a bit of a breather. I lure some Palesits and Polongs at the end.
Tower 19: After a relatively easy battle with Cherufes, I encounter Jayle. She had Kamapua'a with him with him. Notably, She had Kamapua'a I decide to run away for now. Later, in a battle with some Yalis and Cavatateos, I noticed my Dipsas behaving weirdly. It was going past all the enemies, not attacking them. It was Silenced at the time, if it matters. It started attacking once Silence wore off. After taking that group down, I engage Jayle again. She charges into melee with all of my demon, gets debuffed and Infected and quickly dies. :lol: I run away from her demons to rest. I beat her Kamapua'a, Incubus and some other demon I didn't take a note of. (might have been a Cherufe) I find a normal group with a Polong in it, and I decide to recruit it. I take out the rest of Jayle's demons in process. I replace my Freybug, but I was unable to make a fusion. I find a pair of big corpse encounters, then a Crown of Glory Relic Wraith named Zuric. Multiple Vigor Siphons and Alluring Veils among his demons. Meditate, Life Bloom, Regenerate and Restore were also common. And a Redeemed Ehlose with nothing but Punish for some reason. :?: I decide to use Healing Gem because my party takes a bunch of damage from Pariah. After that the battle goes easily, me and Dipsas fighting in melee while Baphomet and Polong support from distance. I kill his demons easily as well. I decide to leave a corpse alone, because it was positioned badly. I lure some Rakshasas with a Pelesit and Polong pair. I link with a Rakshasa for Codex comletion, also giving Dipsas Mind Reader, replacing Rabblerouser.
Tower 20: I find some Eye Killers at the beginning. I noticed that their link doesn't heal them when it fails – is that on purpose? Anyway, I take them out without too much trouble. Later, I try to racruit a Pelesit for a fusion but fail because I get Panicked by another group while having 1 turn left before link is complete. :x I easily clear out the rest of the sloor, then lure some Rakshasas and Scarabs.
Ogun's Sanctum: I find some Mulassas. I forgot that Ignite ignores Diehard, leading to Dipsas dying. Thankfully, it's a pretty cheap Restore. :roll: After a few mostly easy fights, I find Ogun with his Fireborn Cherufes. :o Thankfully Ogun charging in minimized the damage I took – with him to being Fire immune, Cherufes will avoid shooting Flaming Stars at your group if he is in melee, and him being Chramed means he isn't attacking you. I did dismiss a few Ignited demon so that Cherufes wouldn't decide to use Meltdown. Didn't risk linking with him because I'm close to winning the game with a Crown of Glory character for the first time, and failing Ogun's link will probably lead to death. There was a single group remaining, and it wasn't very dificult. I clear out most corpses, leaving 2 because they were in dead ends. I lure more Rakshasa's, although this one gives me a bit more trouble.
Back at Tower 20, I link with a Ruler from a corpse to fuse a Sainted Polong. Decided to keep Emit Sol from the fusion. Once again, leave the corpse that was in a dead end alone.
Tower 21: A group of Bruchas forces me to retreat to cover and then use a Healing Stone. Later, my Polong almost dies because I didn't notice it Storm Walking into the center of a Leib-Olmai group. :x I then encounter a group of Shisas and Shojos, most of them Fel with Consume Vigor. I manage to defeat them with my MaxHP mostly intact. After that, a group of Leib-Olmai gives me a lot of trouble by reducing both Dipsas and Bonnachanon form full HP to critical in a single turn each. That was the last encounter, and I clear out the corpses, having some trouble with the encounter I got. I lure a group of Death Worms. Both Polong and Ninkasi die in 1 turn from full Hp. :shock: Obviously, I run away. It might have been a good idea to use my Gold Offering to recruit one, but oh well.
Tower 22: I restore Ninkasi, but lack the credits to restore Polong also. I link with a nearby Yuki-Onna as a replacement. I recruit her after taking down a Basilisk group. A few Shikome encounter deal some MaxHP damage to Dipsas and Yuki-Onna. A corpse encounter and the lured group both had Shikomes also, leading to Ninkasi and Dipsas also taking a bit.
Tower 23: The first group I encounter has even more Shikomes. :x The second had a pair of Virtues and 4 Archangels. I decide to Gold Offering a Virtue to fill up my Codex and to make the battle easier. I'm not sure if the second reason was necessary. After a Leib-Olmai group, I get enough credits to restore Polong. I find the Victory Portal afterwards, but decide that with Matter build I won't have much interest in playing another cycle, so I continue going. Tremane was right around the corner. I don't make much progresses in the fight and run away. I find a group of Leib-Olmais and Courils. Amoung them – a Fatewarper with Wither and Vitiate and a Destined with Grace and Empower. :( I beat them after getting briefly Charmed comboed. I fight Tremane again and, after a stupidly long battle, beat him. He was the last encounter. While checking corpses, I find a Vodun Mask Relic Wraith named Potato. Looked like a Blight build. It's demons mostly had Unique modifiers, some had Tier 3. All had powerful ability sets, too. Didn't matter much, because I focused on the Wraith until it died, ran away, rested and killed the demons. Kinda cheap, but it works, and I did have to use a Healing Gem. :) Didn't think to recruit any of them. I then use a Mirror Chime. I lose almost 80 MaxHP to preservation early on in the fight. I think this can be taken as the sign that I did make a strong Wraith. Thankfully, the high damage output went both ways, and I had items (used a Healing Gem and a Purple Essence). I recruited my Virtue so I could give it some more skills. :) Didn't feel like using all my Chimes, so I suicide atop the Victory Portal. Yes, I know almost certainly no one will meet this Wraith.
Demon Party Dump File
Version 7/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 2/28/2018 12:19:22 AM

Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 72186,
is currently at Tower:23,
and is quite dead!

Level: 32
MaxHP: 158

Strength: 75
Vitality: 50
Agility : 86

Abilities Known:
4) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)

Relic Upgrades:
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)

Inventory:
1 Frost glyph
2 Calm card
3 Flame glyph
2 Peace offering
4 Mirror chime
2 Chakra gem
2 Zephyr card
7 Pure stone
3 Heal gem
1 Venom rune
2 Ghost chime
1 Heart glyph
5 Chakra stone
1 Curse rune
4 Heal stone
1 Might gem
2 Bolt glyph
1 Orange essence
1 Magic map

Current Credits: 191

Shared Codex   : 119 / 135 (88% complete)

Slash        2*         0          0          6*         1         
Impact       1          0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       0          0          0          6*         1         
Fire         1          0          2          4*         1         
Ice          1          0          2          4*         1         
Electricity  1          0          1          4*         2         
Body         1          3          1          3*         0         
Mind         3          0          5          1*         1         
Light        1          1          2*         4          0         

Name : Baphomet
Level: 31
MaxHP: 120

Magic   : 75
Vitality: 32
Cunning : 58

Immune: Dark
Resist: Fire Mind Light
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
2) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
4) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
5) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
6) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
7) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
8) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)

Name : Corrupt Bonnachon
Level: 30
MaxHP: 121

Strength: 44
Magic   : 52
Vitality: 43

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Putrid Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Infection, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Cooldown: Breath (5))
3) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
5) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
6) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
7) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) Venin Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)

Level: 24
MaxHP: 105

Strength: 13
Magic   : 27
Vitality: 34
Cunning : 51

Abilities Known:

Level: 25

Strength: 34
Vitality: 31
Agility : 63

Abilities Known:
4) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
5) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
8) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))

Name : Ninkasi
MaxHP: 109

Strength: 23
Magic   : 39
Vitality: 38
Agility : 50
Cunning : 50

Resist: Ice Body Mind
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (4))
5) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
6) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
7) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
8) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)

Name : Sainted Polong
MaxHP: 99

Magic   : 65
Cunning : 72

Immune: Body Light
Resist: Mind Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Wither (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense and accuracy by 20%.)
2) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Emit Sparks (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets up to 3 random enemies. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
6) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
7) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
8) Emit Sol (Type: Light, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Ninkasi's evasion returns to normal.
 Ninkasi's power returns to normal.
 Your evasion returns to normal.
 The virtue wakes up.
 The virtue gestures at itself.
 The virtue looks healthier.
 Using Activate Link...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute, Escape to
 cancel.
 Failing this link attempt will have serious
 consequences! Are you ready to proceed? (Y or N)
 You attempt to link with the virtue...
 The virtue joins your party!!
 Your polong reaches Level 30!
 You have too many allies and must delete one.
 Copy Emit Sparks to your virtue for 984 C? (Y or
 N)
 Your virtue receives Emit Sparks from your
 polong!
 Copy High Voltage to your virtue for 984 C? (Y or
 N)
 Your virtue receives High Voltage from your
 polong!
 Really delete Virtue? (Y or N)
 You delete your virtue!
 Using Restore Demon...
 Nevermind then.
 You begin resting.
 Baphomet focuses inward.
 Baphomet looks refreshed.
 Ninkasi gestures at you. You feel better.
 Baphomet's defense returns to normal.
 Your ruhin's power returns to normal.
 Your ruhin's evasion returns to normal.
 Baphomet's evasion returns to normal.
 You continue resting to restore your inactive
 allies.
 Rest complete, but you must defeat enemies to
 restore your missing Maximum HP.
 Travel halted.
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory here.
 Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change levels.
 A record of your current party has been saved.
 File name:
 C:/Users/1/AppData/LocalLow/FerretDev_Org/Demon/R
 ecords_7_26_17/Saler_2_28_2018_0_18_48_996.txt
 Are you sure you want to abandon the current
 game? If so, re-enter your summoner's name.
 You quit...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Level: 17
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 17
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 17
Cunning : 41

Abilities Known:

Name : Rakshasa
Level: 26
MaxHP: 102

Strength: 73
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 36
Agility : 25
Cunning : 25

Resist: Fire Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Lethal Claw (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack.)
3) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ruler
Level: 28
MaxHP: 102
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 26
Magic   : 58
Vitality: 42
Cunning : 38

Immune: Light

Abilities Known:
1) Wrath (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
2) Lightning Bolt (Type: Electricity, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
3) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
4) Cleric's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to apply Mute to targets whose last action was magical ability, preventing the use of non-physical abilities.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Virtue
MaxHP: 97

Magic   : 100

Resist: Fire Electricity Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Repair Flesh (Type: Healing, 30 SP. 130 Power heal.)
2) Grace (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Improves accuracy and evasion by 25%.)
3) Vitae (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies. Removes all negative status changes, then applies a 150 Power heal. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
4) Lux (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. Has a 70% chance to apply Guilt, and a 50% chance to apply Mute, followed by an 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
5) Channeler (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of abilities with the Miracle cooldown to 0, and reduces Miracle cooldowns by 50%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Yuki-onna
MaxHP: 104

Strength: 30
Agility : 30
Cunning : 42

Immune: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
3) Vitae (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies. Removes all negative status changes, then applies a 150 Power heal. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
4) Lux (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. Has a 70% chance to apply Guilt, and a 50% chance to apply Mute, followed by an 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
5) Channeler (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of abilities with the Miracle cooldown to 0, and reduces Miracle cooldowns by 50%.)
8) ------------

Both of my Uniques were primarily healer. Baphomet also done damage and status effects, while Ninkasi had Alluring Gaze.
Dipsas was my primary frontliner, relying on high Agility, END up, ACC down and Mind Reader for evasion. Also had Bloodthirst and Diehard for when in inevitably got hit. Also had Daring Cut and status effect removal.
Bonnachon was another frontliner, but it's main role was start of battle debuffs with Rots. Also had Pink Whisper, which worked really well.
Ruhin was my buffer and Calmer. It's defensive buffs were especially nice for when I ran out of SP.
Polong was my AoE elemental attacker. It' dealt a lot of damage to all enemies, sometimes making them lose turns. Thanks to Ever Ready he could go on a long time. Also had Wither.
I still have to clear the game with Eye of the Dragon, Hand of the Dead and Vodun Mask. Sadly, my Matter build character is Faithful Heart.
Saler

Postby Saler » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:31 pm

This is how my Wraith looks like, or at least how close I was able to get it. I can't predict it's stats, and I night have made some mistakes with the resistance table.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 72186,
is currently at Tower:23,
and is quite dead!

Level: 32
MaxHP: 158

Strength: 75
Vitality: 50
Agility : 86

Resist: Mind, Light, Dark
Weak  : Electricity. Body

Abilities Known:
4) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)

Relic Upgrades:
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)

Slash        2*         0          0          6*         1         
Impact       1          0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       0          0          0          6*         1         
Fire         1          0          2          4*         1         
Ice          2          0          2          4*         1         
Electricity  2          0          2          3*         3*         
Body         1          3          0          4*         1*         
Mind         3          0          4*          3*         1         
Light        2          2          1*         4          0         
Dark         0          0          3*          4          0         

Name : Corrupt Bonnachon
MaxHP: 121

Strength: 44
Magic   : 52
Vitality: 43

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Putrid Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Infection, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Cooldown: Breath (5))
3) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)

Level: 24
MaxHP: 105

Strength: 13
Magic   : 27
Vitality: 34
Cunning : 51

Abilities Known:

Level: 25

Strength: 34
Vitality: 31
Agility : 63

Abilities Known:
5) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
8) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))

Name : Sainted Polong
MaxHP: 99

Magic   : 65
Cunning : 72

Immune: Body Light
Resist: Mind Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Wither (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense and accuracy by 20%.)
2) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Emit Sparks (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets up to 3 random enemies. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
6) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
8) Emit Sol (Type: Light, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))

Name : Yuki-onna
MaxHP: 104

Strength: 30
Agility : 30
Cunning : 42

Immune: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
8) ------------

The worst part is having only 1 healer. Virtue and Yuki-Onna aren't fully developed, and Yuki-onna and Polong act a bit suicidaly at times. But I do have some strong demons and a good resistance set, besides the 3 Electricity weaknesses. It's certainly looks pretty strong and is certainly better than my other Wraiths, but I can see how it could be stronger. I did see how quickly those demons can go down thank to being a few level behind. As a note: it seems like you kinda need Recycle to make a full power Wraith.
Saler

Postby Ferret » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:44 am

Oh, I see. :) I'll add checking EVD/DEF Up AI logic to the bug list then, but may not be for the Matter build at this late date.

The Silence w/ Dipsas thing I will check out this build though, since it seems a bit more serious (though not necessarily before the next test build)

It's rare, but some high level "defeat me" links indeed do not have the "heal on failure" provision. Eye Killers are nasty business, so I decided to be merciful in their case. Possibly a mistake on Tier 3, even if early Tier 3, but it was on purpose nonetheless.

Congrats on the "win" and thanks for the report. :D Sorry the replies to these are still in short mode, I'm trying to continue focusing my free time on the Matter build for now, so this'll be the norm for a bit.

Plenty of people are still playing the old build btw: my plan to "hide" the Matter test builds has been fairly successful, so your superwraith may still see a couple of visitors before the end. :)
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion