My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby Saler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm

I don't think that Wraith had any one particularly troublesome thing. The battle overall didn't look like it was going my way. I think some turn loss effects were involved, but I don't remember. I actually played those 5 floors over several days because I still didn't feel myself completely rested after New Year celebration. :lol:
Also, I wasn't in a Demon playing mood lately.
Anomaly 1: after the usual couple of hard battles, I fight Zaji, and that goes rather well. I get Vigorous. The corpse cleanup consists of fighting 1 encounter, in which I recruit a Gremlin and fuse to make him Hunter. He gets Lob Stone and Crippler.
Anomaly 2: I encounter a Raiju early on, but he was with a pair of Aerases and the positioning looked unfavorable for his link. :( I got a bit careless and lost a chunk of MaxHP, but I immediately got it back. Then I somehow forgot that Goblins do not resist Electricity – Gremlins do, and lost Goblin as the result. :x I decide not to Recover him, recruiting an Aeras instead. I recruit a Blob to give Headless Poison Veil and Flesh Rot. The last group I find is Python's. His resistances looked like they would work against my demons really well, so I didn't link with him. I get a bit careless and Gremlin dies. :x I'm really out of practice with Anomaly.
Our SaNcTuM1!1: After 2 relatively (read: still painful :roll: ) easy battles, I recruit a Chaos. I try to fight 2 more groups, but both force me to flee, the second one making me get out of this hellish place. There was a large corpse encounter back at Anomaly 2, and it was beaten easily.
Anomaly 3: I find Paracelsus early on, and decide to leave him for last. The second last group turns out to be Ludoc. :o He had access to most buffs and a lot of elemental attacks on his demons. I beat him, but didn't recruit any demons. Then I attempt to fight Paracelsus, but don't manage to beat him. The fight starts off well, but then his insane recovery overtakes me. I flee out of Anomaly.
And so I managed to clear out most of Anomaly. I'd say having to flee oUr SaNcTuM1!1 and Paracelsus is completely fine and even somewhat expected. My party is coming together well, but the few deaths have set me back. I still have to Recover Gremlin, now that I realize how great he was – he has Crippler, Expose, Bloodlust, Focusbreaker and Yellow Whisper. I'd say he's worth the trouble. :lol: For that I will have to free up space, probably with a fusion.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Vodun Mask,
selected Body and Dark as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 5512,
is currently at Tower:5,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 9
MaxHP: 66
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 4
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 16
Agility : 4
Cunning : 38

Resist: Body
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Envenom (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Fetid Burst (Type: Body, 15 SP. Two 60% chances to delay the next turn of the targets.)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)

Relic Upgrades:
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of roaming enemies on the map, even if you have not fully explored the level. Also warns you about summoner corpses whose Relics still contain active demons.)
Far Summon I (Increases the range of Summon by 2.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))

Inventory:
1 Magic map
4 Might gem
5 Pure stone
2 Heal gem
2 Chakra stone
1 Zephyr card
6 Heal stone
2 Frost glyph
2 Pure gem
1 Blizzard rune
2 Tempest rune
1 Bronze offering
1 Green essence
1 Pain glyph

Current Credits: 2752

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 115 / 135 (85% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        2          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          7*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          6*         1         
Fire         1          0          1          5*         1         
Ice          0          0          2          5*         0         
Electricity  1          1          2          2*         2         
Body         2*         0          2*         5          0         
Mind         0          1          1          5*         0         
Light        0          0          0          3          4*         
Dark         1*         0          0          5*         2         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
Level: 8
MaxHP: 65
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 15
Magic   : 26
Vitality: 29
Agility : 10
Cunning : 10

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
5) Normalize Host (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock.)
6) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
Level: 8
MaxHP: 74

Strength: 22
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 37
Agility : 12
Cunning : 12

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
8) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)

Name : Cynocephalus
Level: 12
MaxHP: 63

Strength: 29
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 22
Agility : 22
Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Piercing Thrust (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only.)
2) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
3) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Vikhor
MaxHP: 49

Magic   : 15
Vitality: 15
Agility : 31
Cunning : 19

Resist: Ice Electricity Mind
Weak  : Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Parry (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to parry Melee and Direct range Slash, Impact, and Pierce abilities if your last used ability was also such.)
6) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
7) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)

Name : Aeras
MaxHP: 50

Strength: 11
Magic   : 27
Vitality: 11
Agility : 27

Immune: Electricity
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Emit Sparks (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets up to 3 random enemies. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
2) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
6) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
7) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
8) ------------

Name : Chaos
MaxHP: 61

Strength: 13
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 28
Agility : 13
Cunning : 13

Immune: Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Life Siphon (Type: Body, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

A minor quirk I noticed: AoE effects like Fetid Burst will highlight spaces with targets in red even if you or any of your demons can't see the target. Also, does Swiftness affect waiting speed? Because otherwise walking between two spaces could be better then waiting.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:27 am

Sorry for the delay on answering this one. I read it, but then got busy and forgot about it (but reading it disabled the helpful red light that tells me I need to read and respond to a post :D )

Sounds like you had one heck of a New Year's. :P I admit I spent most of my break working on Demon, but I did get out and do a few fun things. :D

Hehe. I'm glad people still find Our SaNcTuM!1 to be evil. :D There will be more such evil, one day, eventually...

Anomaly in general will have many more possible surprises after the new build's out. :D 4 new rare encounters will be possible... including a Tower:22 demon. :D (Though, if anyone is curious, the way spawning tables are set up, adding more rare encounters doesn't mean you encounter rares more often, just means they get drawn from a bigger selection when you do encounter one.)

Yeah, that is a Gremlin worth bringing back. :) Very busy little status afflicter. :D

Thanks for the report, and good luck post-Anomaly. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:46 am

About bringing back Gremlin... I did, but it didn't exactly work out... At this point, I'am not sure if it's worth it. :cry:
Tower 6: after a few fights I find Ccoa. Is her natural spawn really all the way over here? Because I was saving up credits for a fusion+restore, I just kill her. There were a few good natural modified demons, but I didn't recruit them for similar reasons. I found a corpse encounter and a Heart Wraith, which was mostly unmodified.
Tower 7: Close to the end of the floor (and after fighting a few hard battle against Lilims), I fuse a Lifegiver Aeras from my Gandayah and Restore my Hunter Gremlin. He's a few level behind, but he will have time to catch up. Then I find a group of Deadly Centaurs. It ended up being a damage race, both sides taking plenty of it. At the end, I find a corpse encounter with a Psychic Easg Saint with Pink Whisper. I successfully linked with him, but had no credits to copy it.
Tower 8: I find Miodchaonin. I had next to no credits, so I killed him. I got Dazzling Glare for a bit of time from a corpse, but replaced it with Quiet Prayer. I link with a Scapegoat for it's Accursed Veil for Cynocephalus. Thought of getting Martyr, but decided against it.
Turdak's Sanctum: I had a feeling this was going to be extra painful from the moment I entered, seeing how I rely quite a bit on Body and Dark. :( I find Turdak himself early on. If I had Fire Glyphs, I would've attempted to recruit him, but I didn't. :( The fight was pretty tough. I was mostly reduced to using items thanks to resistances and Infection. But I won without loses. The remaining battles were also hard thanks to plenty of resistances to my attacks, but I manage to clear it out without any incidents. The large amount of lower level enemies did help.
Back at Tower 8, I find a corpse encounter that killed Gremlin. From full HP before me doing anything. I swear, they got more than 1 turn. I'll put the recent messages in the next post. I'm pretty sure that some of enemy demon took 2 turns there. Did I just lose a demon to a bug? :x
Tower 9: I get the credits to Restore Gremlin early on, but before I can do that, I fight an Elokos/Kitsune group that killed my Headless. It was either that, or lose Cynocephalus because Headless got Charmed, hit Cynocephalus and got Pariahed as the result. This caused Cynocephalus to get damaged badly enough that it got put to critical around the same time Headless, who took more attacks, did. I recruited an Eloko to replace my loss. And, you know, Pink Whisper. :) And then Gremlin dies again, this time to Aitavarases and Lilims. Forgot how hard they can hit, my bad. Guess Gremlins are fragiler than I thought. :( I recruit an Aitavars. Not going to Restore Gremlin this time seeing how I don't have nearly enough credits, but his loss will hurt me. I also link with an Ehlose to give Eloko Crusader. I linked with a Toufei from a corpse encounter to give Aitavars Sudden Chill. The encounter itself did give me trouble, but I beat it. After another, easier encounter, I find a Fist Wraith. It's party was mostly unmodified demons. The Wraith itself had mostly survival abilities. Didn't help much – it died before any of it's demons. His demons were wiped out easily also.
Tower 10: A group of Acheris and Akatekos gives me a lot of trouble, reducing Eloko to 40 MaxHP. The next fight is more Akatekos, which take Vikhor down to 40 MaxHP as well. And then thinks take a disastrous turn – I lose both Cynocephalus and Vikhor. With Vikhor I forgot about his Pierce weakness and he got killed by Centaurs. Cynocephalus died to a group of light demons which attacked me at a disadvantageous position. I think I made a mistake of having too many fragile demons AND of relying one 2 elements too much. :( After barely clearing out most of the floor, I had to leave the remaining demon group – Anzu's, alone, seeing how there was no way I could beat it.
This run has gone real bad real fast. I think I still can recover, however. I do have 3 Bronze offerings I could use. It mostly depends on what demons I encounter first.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 12408,
is currently at Tower:10,
and is still alive!

Level: 14
MaxHP: 84

Magic   : 44
Vitality: 20
Agility : 4
Cunning : 48

Abilities Known:
1) Envenom (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Fetid Burst (Type: Body, 15 SP. Two 60% chances to delay the next turn of the targets.)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
5) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
8) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)

Relic Upgrades:
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of roaming enemies on the map, even if you have not fully explored the level. Also warns you about summoner corpses whose Relics still contain active demons.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))

Inventory:
1 Magic map
6 Might gem
6 Pure stone
4 Heal gem
3 Chakra stone
2 Zephyr card
2 Frost glyph
1 Pure gem
15 Heal stone
1 Blizzard rune
3 Tempest rune
3 Bronze offering
1 Green essence
1 Pain glyph
1 Chakra gem
2 White essence
1 Purple essence

Current Credits: 1339

Slash        0          0          0          5*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          5*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          5*         0         
Fire         0          0          1          3*         1         
Ice          1          0          0          3*         2         
Electricity  1          1          1          3*         0         
Body         2*         0          2*         3          0         
Mind         1          1          1          3*         0         
Light        0          0          0          1          4*         
Dark         2*         0          1          2*         2         

Name : Lifegiver Aeras
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 12
Magic   : 39
Vitality: 23
Agility : 27

Abilities Known:
1) Emit Sparks (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets up to 3 random enemies. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
2) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
7) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
8) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

MaxHP: 77

Strength: 17
Magic   : 35
Vitality: 35
Agility : 17
Cunning : 16

Abilities Known:
1) Life Siphon (Type: Body, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Eloko
Level: 16
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 32
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 31
Agility : 18
Cunning : 31

Resist: Electricity Body Mind
Weak  : Fire Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Aitvaras
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 14
Magic   : 44
Vitality: 24
Agility : 19

Resist: Fire Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
2) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

The good part about this is that I know what to aboud doing with my party. :)
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Saler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:47 am

You blight the centaur.
 You blight the scapegoat.
 It's super effective!
 The chindi wakes up. The dipsas wakes up.
 The asrai wakes up. The centaur wakes up.
 The scapegoat wakes up.
 The dipsas bites your gremlin.
 Your gremlin looks more tired.
 The scapegoat scourges your gremlin.
 The scapegoat scourges your aeras.
 It's super effective!
 The scapegoat scourges your cynocephalus.
 The chindi blinks towards your aeras.
 Your aeras staggers.
 The chindi touches your cynocephalus.
 Your cynocephalus is infected!
 Your cynocephalus looks weaker!
 The centaur shoots a needle at your gremlin.
 The centaur hits your gremlin.
 The centaur looks refreshed.
 The asrai freezes your gremlin.
 Your gremlin starts shivering!
 Your cynocephalus exhales a burst of flames.
 Your cynocephalus burns the chindi.
 Your cynocephalus burns the dipsas.
 The dipsas is set on fire!
 Your gremlin whispers softly at the scapegoat.
 The scapegoat loses control!
 Your gremlin hits the asrai.
 The asrai looks less accurate!
 Your gremlin looks refreshed.
 Your gremlin dodges the dipsas' attack!
 Your aeras gestures at your gremlin.
 Your gremlin looks healthier.
 Your gremlin looks refreshed.
 The scapegoat gestures at the dipsas.
 The scapegoat drains itself.
 The dipsas looks healthier.
 The scapegoat is out of control!
 The scapegoat misses the asrai.
 The chindi touches your aeras.
 Your aeras is infected!
 The centaur shoots a needle at your gremlin.
 The centaur hits your gremlin.
 The centaur looks refreshed.
 The asrai kills your gremlin!!
Saler

Postby Ferret » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:13 am

Tower:6 is late for Ccoa, but only by one floor: Tower:5 is it's natural spawning depth.

I've looked at the log you attached: you may not have gotten a turn, but it looks like your demons did? I see a turn from Gremlin (pink whisper + Focusbreaker), Cynocephalus (Fire Breath), and Aeras (some sort of heal on Gremlin, Gift of Life maybe?) I only 100% assure that *some* ally will get a turn before a "one turn kill", not necessarily the player though at first glance I do not see why you did not get a turn yourself. I can try staggering the sleep durations slightly (though that won't help if you nuke them all awake, of course :P )

Yeah, it looks like you need some angelic allies, stat. :D Or at least some brutes/fire-users. :D Or heck, anyone who isn't weak to Light would be a good start, you're getting close to when the "holy" groups start to get pretty nasty. 3 Bronze Offerings is a nice ace in the hole for fixing this, however you choose to do it, so I don't think you're out of the running yet. :)
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:16 am

PS: You were right! For some reason Turdak's Sanctum is... actually pretty wimpy. Well, we'll fix that :D A few mummies, some rare banshees and ben nefilin, maybe the odd charun or vampire... Good time for it anyway, since I'm currently inserting all the new Matter monsters into the lists.
Ferret

Postby Saler » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:07 pm

Here's my attempt at come back.
Attempt, mind you. :(
Tower 11: I Bronze Offering a Chachapuma. Seeing how I kinda destroyed that group easily, maybe I should've recruited him normally. I also decided to to use my White Essence outside of a situation were I needed the healing effects. At Level 15 I get Fusion Saver, hoping to restore my status effect variety that way. I then recruit a Druj Nasu, having to use a few items in process. The only remaining demons were on another summoner, so I kinda had no reason not to recruit Druj Nasu, I think. I then engage Lioth. He has a lot of Shout Debuufs. He also has Charlie. And a Fetch, although I guess they can be less dangerous with other demons. After some initial troubles, I manage to overpower him and to constantly force him to dismiss his demons. I did have to use a few items. I recruit a Kitsune from a corpse encounter., deleting Drui Nasu and moving around a few abilites. Then I find a Dark/Healing Hand of the Dead Wraith named Captain Dead. I start out winning, but then get overwhelmed. :( I think he had a combination of demons that was very troublesome for me. Chaos died, and I had to run away.
Tower 12: I recruit an Oni, using 2 Tempest Runes in process. He does has good status effects, so I think it was worth it. Even with 1 more Light weakness. I then recruit a Lifebender Hob and decide to replace my Aitavaras. Then I find Reprobus. I was pretty certain that I couldn't complete his link, so I tried to run away. I ran straight into a dead end. :( I killed everyone but Mordecai no problem, but when the fight with him started, everything went as badly as I foreseen. In short, everyone died. I tried to use items, but I just couldn't keep up with his insane damage.
Everything was going mostly fine until Mordecai. Then everything fell into pieces. :x
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 15523,
is currently at Tower:12,
and is quite dead!

MaxHP: 93

Magic   : 54
Vitality: 25
Agility : 9
Cunning : 58

Abilities Known:
4) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)

Inventory:
1 Magic map
6 Might gem
5 Pure stone
4 Heal gem
3 Chakra stone
2 Zephyr card
2 Frost glyph
1 Blizzard rune
1 Tempest rune
2 Bronze offering
11 Heal stone
1 Pain glyph
1 Chakra gem

Current Credits: 3133

Slash        0          0          0          4*         0         
Impact       1          0          0          4*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          4*         0         
Fire         0          0          0          3*         1         
Ice          0          0          1          2*         1         
Electricity  1          1          1          2*         0         
Body         1*         0          1*         3          0         
Mind         0          0          0          3*         1         
Light        0          0          0          2          2*         
Dark         1*         0          0          3*         1         

Name : Lifegiver Aeras
Level: 15
MaxHP: 80

Magic   : 41
Agility : 28
Cunning : 20

Abilities Known:
8) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

Name : Chachapuma
MaxHP: 71

Strength: 49
Magic   : 9

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Stunning Blow (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Clobber (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifebender Hob
MaxHP: 87

Strength: 16
Magic   : 39
Vitality: 34
Agility : 14
Cunning : 22

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
4) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
5) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
6) Normalize Host (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Your chachapuma is no longer regenerating.
 Using Healing Charm...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute, Escape to
 cancel.
 You gesture at your eloko.
 Your eloko looks healthier.
 Your eloko bites Mordecai.
 Your eloko looks healthier.
 Mordecai looks guilty!
 Mordecai leaps at you. Mordecai rends you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 You are stunned!
 Your hob gestures at you. You feel better.
 Your eloko misses Mordecai.
 Your chachapuma calms down.
 Mordecai lets loose a mighty roar.
 Mordecai hits your eloko. Mordecai hits you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 Mordecai hits your hob.
 Your eloko is stunned! Your hob is stunned!
 You lose control!
 You are no longer stunned.
 You fumble around uselessly!
 Your chachapuma's speed returns to normal.
 You are out of control!
 Mordecai hits your eloko.
 Mordecai kills your eloko!!
 Using Summon...
 cancel.
 You are out of control!
 You summon your aeras!
 Your hob is no longer stunned.
 Mordecai shouts a battle cry.
 Mordecai looks more powerful!
 Using Summon...
 cancel.
 Really summon a critically injured ally during
 combat? (Y or N)
 You are out of control!
 You summon your chachapuma!
 Your aeras gestures at your chachapuma.
 Your chachapuma looks healthier. (x2)
 Mordecai lets loose a mighty roar.
 Mordecai hits you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Druj nasu
MaxHP: 76

Strength: 10
Magic   : 26
Vitality: 31
Agility : 10
Cunning : 53

Immune: Body
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
2) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 20 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 85% chance to Infect an enemy near the target, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Filth Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Infect adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Strength: 17
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 37
Agility : 17
Cunning : 17

Abilities Known:
4) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
5) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 85% chance to Infect an enemy near the target, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Aitvaras
MaxHP: 73

Magic   : 48
Vitality: 26
Agility : 21
Cunning : 20

Resist: Fire Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
2) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
5) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kitsune
MaxHP: 66

Strength: 9
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 19
Agility : 32
Cunning : 31

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Thunderous (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of nearby enemies.)
3) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
5) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Oni
Level: 17
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 47
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 36
Cunning : 21

Resist: Fire Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Shellbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
2) Double Impact (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Impact attacks.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Eloko
Level: 18

Strength: 34
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 34
Cunning : 34

Resist: Electricity Body Mind
Weak  : Fire Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Also, after 24th I will be unable to play for a while.
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Yeah, Fetches are usually only dangerous in their "natural habitat" :) They require a specific setup in order to use their strategy, and if they get paired with random summoner demons or even if their encounter group ends up modified, it tends to no longer work.

Mordecai has been the end of quite a few runs. Tower:12's still a good accomplishment though, congrats on getting that far. :)

You'll be missed after the 24th, but depending on how long you're gone, maybe the Matter build'll finally be ready when you return. :D Thanks for the report. :)
Ferret

Postby Saler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:09 am

This time Crown of Glory, Buff/Buff, Malingee starter.
By Tower 1 ½ I had Zombie, Echeneis, Faerie, Zaltys, Freybug and Malingee.
In Tower 1 ½ I recruited Headless and fused a Vile Zaltys. It got Putrid and Poison Breaths. :( I decided to give it Tormentor to make it's Breaths better. I also recruited a Preta and a Holy Chinidi from a corpse encounter to copy Infectious, Blood Rot and Weight Sin. Other battles were relatively easy.
At Tower 3 I copied Rabblerouser on myself. At Tower 4 I recruit a Jiang Shi and a Satyr to copy Distarct and Bloodthirst. Then – Ccoa's Sanctum.
In Ccoa's Sanctum, I recruit a Gandayah, fusing a Lifegiver Faerie. It got Uncurse and Dark Gift. Not a very good pair of abilities, in my opinion. I also got to level 5 and decided to experiment with Enemy Lure. Later, I encounter a few Profane Asrais. With Vigor Syphon. :( The battle was a bit difficult, but I manage to get through, loosing only a bit of MaxHP. Then, I find Ccoa. I kill it's Zars, then run away to recover. Then, I recruit her, deleting Echeneis. I Enemy Lure for the first time and get a normal demon group. Back at Tower , I find a Healing/Defense Crown of Glory Wraith named MAD. He had only 3 unmodified demons.
At Tower 5, I find a Solid Preta with Ready Guard and Block Physical. I recruit it to copy those abilities to Headless. :) I also find Friar Rush here. I decide to deal with him after the corpse clean up to get more credits for his negotiations. I find a Light/Mind Crown of Glory Wraith named Psipher. He had 3 modified demons and a full set of abilities on himself. I had to run away once, as all of my demons were getting low on heatlh. But defeated him on my second try, having better positioning this time. :) The rest of the corpses were items. I recruit Friar Rush, giving him Poison Breath and Blood Rot and delete Vile Zaltys. Lure a normal group. And then head for Anomaly.
So far this run is going good. :) I'm not going to be able to give the update for Anomaly any time soon, however.
A question about Buff slashes - do they have some sort of patern to their buffing? Because sometimes it seemed this way.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Crown of Glory,
selected Buff and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 2630,
is currently at Anomaly:1,
and is still alive!

Level: 6
MaxHP: 64

Strength: 23
Magic   : 4
Agility : 24
Cunning : 5

Resist: Light
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Guarding Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's defense by 25%.)
2) Warning Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's evasion by 25%.)
3) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
4) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
7) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
8) Unholy Word (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Cooldown: Breath (4))

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)

Inventory:
3 Heal gem
1 Frost glyph
1 Calm card
1 Heart glyph
2 Flame glyph
4 Pure stone
1 Peace offering
3 Mirror chime
1 Chakra gem
1 Orange essence
1 Zephyr card

Current Credits: 1400

Slash        2*         0          0          7*         0         
Impact       1          0          0          7*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          1          6*         0         
Ice          1          0          3          2*         2         
Electricity  1          0          1          5*         1         
Body         1          0          1          4*         2         
Mind         1          0          1          6*         0         
Light        1          0          2*         2          3         
Dark         2*         0          1          5          1*         

Name : Malingee
MaxHP: 45

Strength: 30
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 13
Cunning : 12

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Freybug

Strength: 13
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 13
Cunning : 26

Resist: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
4) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Faerie
MaxHP: 49

Strength: 5
Magic   : 24
Vitality: 14
Cunning : 16

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
5) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 67

Strength: 19
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 33
Agility : 11
Cunning : 11

Resist: Ice Body

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
4) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
5) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
8) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)

Name : Ccoa
Level: 7
MaxHP: 46

Strength: 8
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 12
Cunning : 23

Resist: Ice Electricity
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hail Shot (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack split between Ice and Impact; both the Ice and Impact damage are based on Magic. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Discharge (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. Targets a random enemy. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
4) Stormwalk (Type: Electricity, 0 SP. Must target a Shocked character. Warps you adjacent to the target, and restores 20 of your SP. Free action. Cooldown: Charge (1))
5) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Friar Rush
Level: 5

Magic   : 15
Vitality: 21
Agility : 9
Cunning : 18

Resist: Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Slap Silly (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
2) Emit Void (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
3) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) Poison Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times). Cooldown: Breath (5))
8) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:52 am

Sometimes, modifiers're just lousy. :P Two Breath weapons is meh, but at least one of them is worth having. :) Uncurse + Dark Gift is probably about the worst result I've heard of from Lifegiver though. :D

Buff slashes do... sort of... follow a pattern, in that they actually consult the AI to determine who gets the buff, rather than being random or something. So basically, it buffs in the same pattern a demon with the Buff spell would (accounting for differences in duration and range, of course.)

Thanks for the report, and good luck in Anomaly when you get back :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion