My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby Ferret » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Warded Oni with Last Defense. :D There's a very troublesome Trouble Chime result if ever there was one. :D

Mordecai was probably the biggest beneficiary of the recent hero changes: his damage is through the roof these days since Hero status is a bigger damage boost now. That said, it's also somewhat less of a status resistance boost than it used to be: Debuff and Mind status effects in particular might prove useful in dealing with him now.

Targets recruited by being defeated are immediately placed in your stable: critters in your stable cannot be the target of damage, so there's no chance of harm coming to them from Icebreaker, Hand of Light, etc. (I was paranoid to check again anyway, because assuming something is true just because it should be is a good way to have egg on your face later, so I can confirm this is indeed the case.)

Status effects still work because status effects *are* allowed to target your stable sometimes, as anyone who has faced a certain rare enemy in the Anomaly surely knows. :D But no status effect is capable of killing you in your stable, so no harm in that. :)

Thanks for the report, and good luck with the second half of the Tower. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:53 pm

At Tower 14: three groups of Light demons spawned here, all of them giving me trouble, with the last one killing my Toufei because I got careless. Replaced it with a Shinigami, meaning I now have 4 Light and 5 Fire weaknesses. On an upside, I now have access to Fool's Mien, and, with it, to Pariah.
In Baphomets sanctum: tried to recruit an Archangel, but couldn't do or kill him period. Then ran into Adria. Most of my demons were brought to critical HP and I lost a chunk of MaxHP to preservation, but I managed to kill her and get Inquisition. Later, I recruited Baphmoet, sacrificing Shinigami and Aitvaras to it. Managed to keep Fool's Mien, gave it to Baphomet... at least I thought I did. He doesn't have it, so I guess I didn't give it to him? :? Gave Pele Inner Fire and Combust. Also got myself Witch's Mien, deleting Vigorous. Later in turned out to be a bad decision. :( Gave Pele Combust and Inner Fire from Baphomet.
At Tower 15: encountered Bigfoot. Killed his Unicorns, then decided to retreat to potentially recruit him later. Ran into a Eloko/Centaur group, recruited an Eloko. Centaurs seem to hinder Elokos by making Innocence useless. Also, Baphomet not only uses Ember Burst at nothing, but also Combusts Fire immune allies. I then encounter a group of Onis, and my Druj Nasu dies here. Then I run into Bigfoot again and get brought down to critical HP because he got Charmed and stopped attacking my demons, instead chasing me. Decide to kill kill him because he isn't worth the trouble.
At Tower 16: I restore Druj Nasu here. Got back Vigorous from Pele, replacing my Last Defense. Wasn't an easy decision, but it's lost hurt me too much. Considering getting Malice from Baphomet to use Witch's Mien more.
At Tower 17: Ran into 2 groups of Ruler/Archangel/Angel, 2 of each. They gave a ton of trouble both times. Also had an Ikiryo group, which takes a while to die even with the increased damage.
In Phoenix's Sanctum: I imeadiatlly run into Phoenix and lose Kamapua'a in the battle. :( After than and relizing that I will have to deal with more Light demons, probably Rulers, consider running from the level. I did manage to clear the level, and I also recruited a Civatateo. Gave her Fire Rain, Fire Starter, Vigorous and Inner Fire.
I noticed that AI seems to have trouble picking Inpire targets – it often Inspired me when I couldn't do much at all.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Vodun Mask,
selected Body and Dark as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 30702,
is currently at Tower:18,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 22
MaxHP: 117
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 4
Magic   : 63
Vitality: 30
Agility : 9
Cunning : 64

Resist: Body
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Envenom (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
5) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
6) Bane (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Dark. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
7) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)

Relic Upgrades:
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of roaming enemies on the map, even if you have not fully explored the level. Also warns you about summoner corpses whose Relics still contain active demons.)
Far Summon I (Increases the range of Summon by 2.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)

Inventory:
1 Pain glyph
3 Curse rune
4 Pure gem
2 Bolt glyph
1 Heart glyph
3 Might gem
5 Chakra gem
4 Frost glyph
17 Heal stone
1 Meteor rune
2 Heal gem
8 Pure stone
1 Blizzard rune
2 Zephyr card
1 Night rune
1 Tempest rune
2 Peace offering
1 Wind card
1 Venom rune
1 Chakra stone

Current Credits: 410

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 99 / 135 (73% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        0          0          1          6*         1         
Impact       1          0          1          6*         1         
Pierce       1          0          0          7*         1         
Fire         3          1          1          1*         5         
Ice          0          0          1          4*         3         
Electricity  0          0          4          3*         1         
Body         3*         1          4*         2          1         
Mind         1          0          2          6*         0         
Light        3*         0          3          3          2*         
Dark         2*         1          2          4*         1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Python
Level: 20
MaxHP: 112

Strength: 45
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 51
Agility : 18
Cunning : 24

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity Body
Weak  : Fire Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Brain Knocker (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 50% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to delay the next turn of the target.)
4) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Stone Stance (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 15% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks if your last action was not movement.)

Name : Lifegiver Dryad
Level: 18
MaxHP: 97

Strength: 11
Magic   : 43
Vitality: 36
Agility : 27
Cunning : 23

Resist: Electricity Light
Weak  : Fire Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a damaging ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (6))
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
5) Normalize Host (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock.)
6) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
7) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
8) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)

Name : Pele
Level: 23
MaxHP: 102

Strength: 19
Magic   : 64
Agility : 29

Immune: Fire
Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
8) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))

Name : Baphomet
Level: 24

Strength: 13
Magic   : 62
Vitality: 27
Agility : 20
Cunning : 48

Immune: Dark
Resist: Fire Mind Light
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
2) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
4) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
5) Inspire (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Cannot target a Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping character. Gives the target an extra turn immediately.)
6) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
7) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
8) ------------

Name : Eloko
Level: 18
MaxHP: 80

Strength: 34
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 34
Agility : 19
Cunning : 34

Resist: Electricity Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Druj nasu
Level: 21
MaxHP: 92

Strength: 12
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 37
Agility : 12
Cunning : 63

Immune: Body
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
2) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 20 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 85% chance to Infect an enemy near the target, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Filth Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Infect adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
5) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
6) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
7) Retch (Type: Body, 10 SP. Must target a character with Infection, Poison, or Paralysis. 40 Power attack. Delays the target's next turn, and adds 2 turns of Breath cooldown. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)

Name : Civatateo
Level: 27
MaxHP: 92

Strength: 18
Magic   : 71
Vitality: 26
Cunning : 41

Resist: Ice Body Light Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
2) Life Drain (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
3) Light Veil (Type: Light, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
7) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
8) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Vile Acheri
Level: 15
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 8
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 16
Agility : 24
Cunning : 45

Resist: Ice Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 85% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which prevents most HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))
2) Retch (Type: Body, 10 SP. Must target a character with Infection, Poison, or Paralysis. 40 Power attack. Delays the target's next turn, and adds 2 turns of Breath cooldown. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Poison Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Numbing Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 50% chance to cause Paralysis, causing the targets to frequently miss their turns. Cooldown: Breath (6))
5) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
6) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
7) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
8) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)

Name : Aspis
Level: 14
MaxHP: 83

Strength: 29
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 41
Cunning : 19

Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
5) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) Vitiating Grasp (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense and evasion by 20%.)
7) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
8) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 85% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which prevents most HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))

Name : Demas
Level: 17
MaxHP: 79

Strength: 16
Magic   : 38
Vitality: 33
Agility : 21
Cunning : 27

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Orb (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Pyrokinesis (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited character. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
4) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Tuofei
MaxHP: 70

Magic   : 41
Vitality: 21
Agility : 41
Cunning : 16

Immune: Ice
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Mist Shroud (Type: Ice, Passive. If your last action was an Ice ability, provides a 25% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks.)
4) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
6) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10%.)
7) Weaken (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
8) Emit Sparks (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets up to 3 random enemies. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)

Name : Aitvaras
Level: 16
MaxHP: 74

Strength: 15
Magic   : 48
Vitality: 26
Agility : 21
Cunning : 20

Resist: Fire Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
2) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shikigami
MaxHP: 67

Strength: 10
Agility : 33
Cunning : 38

Resist: Impact Ice Dark
Weak  : Slash Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Cull (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
4) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
5) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kamapua'a
MaxHP: 101

Strength: 49
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 39
Agility : 25
Cunning : 25

Resist: Ice Electricity Body
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Stunning Blow (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Clobber (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
7) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Baphomet is quite the prankster :P Due to Inner Fire, he's looking for any excuse to use a Fire ability to reduce Inner Fire's cooldown, and is apparently taking any the AI doesn't veto, such as using Fire abilities on empty squares or Fire-immune allies. :D One of those fun cases where the AI is technically doing a good thing, but I have to "fix" it because it looks awkward. :)

Inspire's AI is a tricky beast to write: in an ideal world, you'd want Inspire's AI to calculate what the target is likely to do with their new turn, but in practice that would cause a massive slowdown in processing, especially if multiple characters in a battle have Inspire. For now, all it really checks is that the target is not locked down by a status condition.

Thanks for the report. :) Looks like you're pretty likely to come out of this one with a win. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:40 pm

It did look like I would win on this run.
I didn't. :x
At Tower 18: encounter Jayle early. Other then one of his demon Leap Attacking me unexpectedly, killing him was easy. My Civatateo also used Fire attacks just to refill Inner Fire. In her case, it was Fire Rain, which, in my opinion, is a bit too expensive for that. Sure, she has Ritualist and Vigorous, but I still think that such use of SP is more than a bit reckless. And then I almost die to the sleeping demon waking up and dealing far more damage then I expected. If I didn't have that Wind Card, I might have died! :( Later, I get a Wraith using a dirty needles build. It didn't give me too much trouble.
At Tower 19: I ran into 2 Cherufe groups, both of which, with me having 5 Fire weaknesses in my party, were very painful.
At Tower 20: I fused a Volcanic Civatateo – she basically became a second Pele anyway. Recruited an Incubus. Encountered Antoria and had to run away because he was dealing far too much damage.
At Tower 21: Had Druj Nasu and Incubus die this level. Recruit a Brucha. Then Restore Druj Nasu yet again.
In Baba's Sanctum: Baba actually, I believe, means “old woman”, and Yaga is Her name, so it would be more accurate to say “Yaga's Sanctum”, I think. Decided to not recruit Yaga. Her support demons were Defiler modified, so they were immune to my Envenom and everything Druj Nasu could do. Most of them, including Yaga, were also somehow protected from Dark, which means Bligh and Bane. Only one of them was vulnerable to Exortism. Still managed to get throught relatively easily thanks to Charm, Guilt and Yaga not being Body immune.
At Tower 22: recruited a Basilisk, using a Wind Card in process. Replaced my Eloko, gave Basilisk it's Pink Whisper and Alluring Veil, Fused a Deadly Python. It got Spiny Veil and Numbing Bite. With Brain Knocker, Spiny Veil was basically a better Choking Veil, and I think Numbing Bite is worth 5 extra SP over Tackle. Then encountered a Mulasa and Yuki-onna group and died to it. One of the Yiki-onnas managed to Charm me :o , and it lasted until basically my entire summoned party was dead (Baphomet was still alive, but at 24 or so HP). Couldn't escape and died by taking hits from 6 or so powerful enemies.
Personally, it looked like a death I couldn't do anything about. At least at the moment. Closest thing to avoiding this death would be getting Calm earlier. I had a few opportunities, I think, but I thought I would get by.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Vodun Mask,
selected Body and Dark as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 49111,
is currently at Tower:22,
and is quite dead!

MaxHP: 133

Magic   : 73
Vitality: 35
Cunning : 74

Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Envenom (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
3) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Bane (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Dark. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
7) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
8) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)

Relic Upgrades:
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of roaming enemies on the map, even if you have not fully explored the level. Also warns you about summoner corpses whose Relics still contain active demons.)
Far Summon I (Increases the range of Summon by 2.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)

Inventory:
1 Pain glyph
3 Curse rune
5 Pure gem
3 Bolt glyph
1 Heart glyph
3 Might gem
5 Chakra gem
4 Frost glyph
19 Heal stone
1 Meteor rune
1 Heal gem
6 Pure stone
1 Blizzard rune
2 Zephyr card
1 Night rune
1 Tempest rune
2 Peace offering
1 Venom rune
4 Chakra stone

Current Credits: 1192

Shared Codex   : 100 / 135 (74% complete)

Slash        0          0          2          3*         1         
Impact       1          0          2          3*         1         
Pierce       2          0          1          4*         1         
Fire         2          1          1          2*         2         
Ice          0          0          1          4*         1         
Electricity  0          0          2          2*         2         
Body         2*         0          3*         2          1         
Mind         0          0          1          5*         0         
Light        3*         0          3          2          1*         
Dark         2*         1          1          3*         1         

Name : Deadly Python
MaxHP: 121

Strength: 57
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 44
Agility : 22
Cunning : 27

Abilities Known:
1) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Brain Knocker (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 50% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to delay the next turn of the target.)
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
5) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
6) Stone Stance (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 15% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks if your last action was not movement.)
7) Numbing Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
8) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)

Name : Lifegiver Dryad
Level: 20

Magic   : 46

Resist: Electricity Light
Weak  : Fire Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a damaging ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (6))
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
5) Normalize Host (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock.)
6) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
7) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
8) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)

Name : Baphomet
Level: 28
MaxHP: 111

Magic   : 69
Cunning : 54

Immune: Dark
Resist: Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
2) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
4) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
5) Inspire (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Cannot target a Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping character. Gives the target an extra turn immediately.)
6) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
8) ------------

Name : Volcanic Civatateo
Level: 31
MaxHP: 98

Magic   : 88
Agility : 36
Cunning : 45

Resist: Ice Body Light Dark
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
2) Life Drain (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
3) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
4) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
5) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
6) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
7) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
8) Furious Rage (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your health is at 50% or less of maximum and your last action was a damaging ability.)

Name : Brucha
Level: 30

Strength: 48
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 32
Agility : 80

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Bolt Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Bolt Spray (Type: Pierce, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack.)
3) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Vitalize (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Briefly bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

It's super effective!
 The yuki-onna looks refreshed.
 Your druj nasu bites the yuki-onna.
 You are no longer chilled.
 Baphomet is no longer chilled.
 Your druj nasu is no longer chilled.
 The yuki-onna hits Baphomet.
 It's super effective!
 The yuki-onna freezes your druj nasu.
 The yuki-onna kills your druj nasu!!
 The mulassa swaps places with the yuki-onna.
 The mulassa launches a flame blast at you.
 The mulassa burns you.
 Baphomet smites the yuki-onna.
 You are no longer charmed.
 You and one of your allies are in danger!
 Using Dismiss...
 You unsummon Baphomet!
 Using Exorcism...
 Exorcism can only be centered on yourself. Press
 Enter to execute, Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Dash...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute, Escape to
 cancel.
 You dash.
 The yuki-onna is no longer infected.
 The yuki-onna blinks towards you.
 You stagger.
 The yuki-onna hits you.
 The mulassa burns you.
 The mulassa swaps places with the yuki-onna.
 The yuki-onna blinks towards you.
 You stagger badly!
 The yuki-onna hits you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 The mulassa burns you.
 The yuki-onna hits you.
 The yuki-onna hits you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Shikigami

Agility : 33
Cunning : 38

Resist: Impact Ice Dark
Weak  : Slash Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Cull (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
4) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
5) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kamapua'a
MaxHP: 101

Strength: 49
Magic   : 22
Cunning : 25

Resist: Ice Electricity Body

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Stunning Blow (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Clobber (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
7) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) ------------

Name : Pele
Level: 25
MaxHP: 106

Strength: 21
Magic   : 68
Vitality: 31
Agility : 31

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
8) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))

Name : Incubus
MaxHP: 105

Strength: 26
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 37
Agility : 41
Cunning : 52

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Love Tap (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 35% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies.)
3) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
4) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Eloko
Level: 23
MaxHP: 93

Strength: 40
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 40
Agility : 23
Cunning : 39

Resist: Electricity Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
6) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
7) Stone Stance (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 15% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks if your last action was not movement.)
8) ------------

Name : Basilisk
Level: 30
MaxHP: 87

Magic   : 52
Agility : 64
Cunning : 52

Abilities Known:
1) Lethal Gaze (Type: Mind, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Presence (3))
2) Toxic Touch (Type: Body, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Vile Alchemy (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Poison to an already Poisoned target, you always increase the Poison stack level if it is not already at the maximum.)
4) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
6) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Druj nasu
Level: 24
MaxHP: 100

Magic   : 34
Vitality: 41
Agility : 13
Cunning : 69

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
2) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 20 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 85% chance to Infect an enemy near the target, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Filth Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Infect adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
5) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
6) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
7) Retch (Type: Body, 10 SP. Must target a character with Infection, Poison, or Paralysis. 40 Power attack. Delays the target's next turn, and adds 2 turns of Breath cooldown. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby greattuna » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:21 pm

I find it funny that you've died to the same group of demons that I did, but for completely different reasons.

Yeah, calm is pretty important this high in the tower, that's why I nearly always have it on more than one demon. The group you ran into is particularly terrifying, because Mulasses have Terrifying Cry, and Yuki-onnas have Pink Whisper, and without calm or mind resistance it quickly turns into unmanageable panic+charm mess.

By the way, pretty nice build (that I couldn't possibly have thought of :lol: ), but it looks expensive in terms of SP.
greattuna

Postby Ferret » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Tower:22! So closeeeeee!

Yeah, I'm going to take care of the "I want Inner Fire back" thing. :D I am surprised Fire Rain was used for it, that's kinda crazy. :) Between being AE and expensive, that should have a huge penalty to being used on no targets.

You're correct about the meaning of Baba Yaga's name. :D I've changed it to Yaga's sanctum, though that will break save file compatibility for anyone who tries to transfer a save game over from the old version. (Happily, I don't officially support doing that so it's fine. :D )

Charm is an ugly thing if it happens to the main character. The build after next is going to add some new answers to status effects in general: I don't like a single ability (or a tiny set of them) being gatekeepers of the sort Cleanse, Calm, etc. are.

Thanks for the report. :)
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:51 pm

Think I've got a reasonable fix for the Baphomet/Inner Fire based bugs: The AI will now give a very mild negative evaluation to any hostile ability usage that does not have some effect on the actual targets (or which has no actual targets)

It's possible this may have unintended side effects, of course, but so far it seems to work. :) We'll see how it goes in testing.
Ferret

Postby Saler » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:27 pm

So, after being unable to play again FOR OVER 2 WEEKS :x , I'm finally getting back to Demon. Thought of trying out an Ice melee mage. I'm planning to use Block abilities for defense. Especially Block Physical, seeing how I'm thinking of going Orb of Power. Chose Electricity as my main element for it's resistance and Defense secondary for Triad Ward.
Started with Echeneis. By Tower 2 I have Goblin, Malingee, Freybug, Gandayah and Faerie. Also Transposed Block Physical from a Slime and copied Chilling Touch and Dash to myself. I can already tell that this build is going to be a late blooming one.
At Tower 3 I recruit an Ukobach and a Jinang Shi. Later I encounter Headless and recruit him also. Going into Arcadia next.
After killing a few demon groups without too much trouble, I run into Actaeon. Decide to not kill or link with him yet and avoid him. Then I get enough credits to Transpose Freezing Touch to myself from Echeneis. I was actually hoping to get one of defensive Ice passives, but I forgot that it's modifier got changed from Frigid to Icesworn. :( Then I nearly loose a few demon to an Ogre group and finally decide to kill Actaeon because I don't want to attempt his link with a non-full party. Probably should've looked for an opportunity to fill it, but oh well.
At Tower 4, I immediately encounter Vikhor. I kill him because his Raichos got ranged attacks and I didn't want to deal with them and chase Vikhor at the same time. Recruit a Solid Satyr that I later Transpose for Stone Stance and a Kasha. Enter Rush's Sanctum.
In Rushes Sanctum I quickly recruit an Angel. The negotiations, however, end up costing me all my Chakra and most my Pure Stones. Here I notice that Infection has no effect on Guilt Healing. Is that supposed to happen? I encounter Rush and recruit him, deleting Ukobach. I find Might on a corpse, and decide to replace Shocking Beam with it.
At Tower 5 I encounter Ccoa. She resisted both of my elements and her Zars were Icesworn, so they resisted my Freezing Touch. Killed her because he link seems far too troublesome. I'll record her into the Codex Daemonium later. And then I run into... a pair a Gandayahs. With no Other demons. Looks stupidly out of depth. Then I find a 3 Faeries and 2 Asrais group. I kill all of them other than one Asrai, retreat and heal and then link with her. Then I fight Zaji, but I'm unable to kill her, so I had to run away. With the recent changes she went from Warm Up Boss to Early Bird Boss! :(
And then I enter Anomaly and stop playing for today.
This build seems to be coming together – I'm about to get the credits for another Transpose and will get Icy Shield. I have 2 of each elemental weakness, which, in Anomaly, might be bad, but my weaknesses/resistances are balanced. I have 2 healers (Angel and Rush), Guilt, Protect, Might and Bloodthirst, all of which are good abilities.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Electricity and Defense as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 2483,
is currently at Anomaly:1,
and is still alive!

Level: 6
MaxHP: 62

Magic   : 28
Vitality: 19
Cunning : 10

Resist: Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
4) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
5) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
6) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
7) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
8) Stone Stance (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 15% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks if your last action was not movement.)

Relic Upgrades:
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)

Inventory:
2 Zephyr card
2 Pure gem
1 Magic map
2 Heal stone
2 Pure stone
1 Blizzard rune
1 Chakra stone

Current Credits: 2220

Slash        3          0          0          6          1*         
Impact       1          0          0          6          1*         
Pierce       1          0          0          6          1*         
Fire         0          0          2          3*         2         
Ice          2*         1          1          3*         2         
Electricity  1*         0          2*         3          2         
Body         0          0          2          5*         0         
Mind         1          0          1*         6          0         
Light        2          1          2          2*         2         
Dark         1          0          3          3*         1         

Name : Jiang shi
Level: 5
MaxHP: 45

Magic   : 7
Vitality: 18
Cunning : 12

Resist: Body Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
Level: 6

Strength: 19
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 33
Agility : 11
Cunning : 11

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) ------------

Name : Kasha
MaxHP: 38

Magic   : 14
Vitality: 13
Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Angel
Level: 9
MaxHP: 49

Magic   : 27
Vitality: 19
Cunning : 15

Immune: Light
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Friar Rush
MaxHP: 45

Magic   : 15
Cunning : 18

Resist: Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Slap Silly (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
2) Emit Void (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
3) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Asrai
MaxHP: 37

Strength: 6
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 7
Cunning : 15

Immune: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
4) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Also, about Inspire AI: what if it would calculate the percantage of effective and usable attacks/debuffs the target demons has? So if it had an attack on cooldown, an attack that current enemies are resistant to, an effective attack, an effective debuff and a support moves, that percentage would be 40%?
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Ice melee :D One of the earliest builds I ever felt come together back when I was first making Demon. :) Chilling Blast + Block skills could get you through a whole lot, and there are ton more goodies available for it now than existed way back then :D

Infection does not block healing caused by dealing damage: this includes Guilt (even though Guilt, unlike all the other examples, is not based on vampirism/life-draining)

Re: The Tower:5 Gandayahs: Yes, that was definitely a pretty deep roll on the encounter chart: it had to fall through 4 times (I don't remember the chance of that off the top of my head, but I believe it to be around 20%.) That makes it something like a 0.16% chance I think? :D Or maybe I'm not awake enough to do math yet, but at any rate it is definitely a rarity.

Hopefully you can find Glacial Shell too, that one seems perfect for this build. :D

Re: Inspire. It briefly did work that way more or less... but frankly, it ended up being too much of an AI lift. Consider: Any AI with Inspire had to basically do AI evaluation for every ally's possible actions. :D If you had every ally in the party with access to this, you'd be going from 3 characters worth of AI calculations per turn for your party to 12! Granted, there are some ways I could mitigate that... but frankly I'd probably cut the mechanic before I wrote/overhauled large systems to support it. :P It will probably take me some time to find a good guesstimation process for it, but I still think that's the way to go.

Thanks for the report, and good luck in the Anomaly :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:48 am

Anomaly 1: Before getting the credits for Transpose Soul, I run into a Will-o-Wisp/Fotia group, which doesn't give me too much trouble because I manage to take cover behind a wall and avoid getting hit by too many projectiles before closing in. I encounter the same group later, and it gives me much more trouble because I was in a middle of a Nero link and couldn't afford to maneuver too much. I manage to recruit the Nero and most battles go by without too much trouble. I find a corpse encounter with a Blessed Slime with Might on it, and attempt to recruit it, because I thought it would be a good idea to get Might on 2 of my demons for buffing and get Reshape on myself, but I fail. :( Then, at the end, I encounter a status effect based Faithful Heart Wraith... which spawned next to me with an Ice weakness and got half of it's HP taken of and Panicked before doing anything. While it does manage to force me to Dismiss my Angel and Summon Nero, it goes down very quickly. It's summons don't give me much trouble either.
In Anomaly 2 I run into a few Gi groups that take forever to kill. I also run into Python and, after picking of his supports (linking with Ruhin for Calm), recruit him without too much difficulty. Here I notice that demons often prefer to not attack me physically, preferring to attack Headless over me in melee. Even if I didn't use Freezing Touch last turn. I get Poison Veil from a corpse. I think it will serve me better than Might.
I go into oUr SaNcTuM1!1, and the fights here are as annoying as ever. I had to use Red Essence I found in Anomaly 2. Later, Friar Rush dies and I had to replace him with a Blessed Chaos with Might.
In Anomaly 3, I run into a Shogoth. I couldn't make space in my team for him, so I killed him. He managed to badly wound me, but I blocked a good amount of attacks and healed from Guilt. He also decided to attack Headless over me when I had DEF down. (Although I used Freezing Touch last turn,) I encounter Paracelus last and, after a typical long and exhausting battle :x , kill him. Seeing how my chances fighting all of his demons at the same time looked bad, I ran away and took them down one by one. I also encountered a Violent Blob from a corpse encounter and linked with him to copy Poisonous, Counter Attack and Flesh Rot to Python. (And, probably, to Headless later.) I then come back to Tower 5 and kill Zaji. Decide to take Vigorous from him, replacing Poison Veil, which didn't give me as much benefit as I expected.
With Icy Shield, my build is mostly complete – I have Icy Shroud left to get. I don't think Glacial Shell will be that much help. I'll also have 1 slot left, not sure what to have it it now. Maybe keep Shock Dart, maybe – Vigorous. I guess I'll see later.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Electricity and Defense as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 6236,
is currently at Tower:6,
and is still alive!

Level: 10
MaxHP: 80

Strength: 9
Magic   : 36
Agility : 23
Cunning : 10

Resist: Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
2) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
4) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
5) Icy Shield (Type: Ice, Passive. If your last action was an Ice ability, provides a 25% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
7) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)

Relic Upgrades:
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)

Inventory:
2 Zephyr card
2 Pure gem
1 Magic map
4 Heal stone
4 Pure stone
1 Blizzard rune
3 Chakra stone
1 Heart glyph
2 Peace offering
1 Tempest rune
1 Guardian gem
1 Wind card
1 Heal gem
1 Might gem

Current Credits: 193

Slash        2          0          1          5          1*         
Impact       1          0          1          5          1*         
Pierce       0          0          0          6          1*         
Fire         0          0          3          3*         1         
Ice          1*         0          2          3*         2         
Electricity  1*         0          3*         3          1         
Body         1          0          2          4*         1         
Mind         0          1          1*         5          0         
Light        2          1          1          2*         3         
Dark         0          0          1          3*         3         

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 23
Magic   : 7
Agility : 13
Cunning : 13

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
8) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)

Name : Kasha
MaxHP: 49

Magic   : 17
Vitality: 17

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Angel
Level: 12
MaxHP: 57

Magic   : 31
Vitality: 22
Cunning : 17

Immune: Light
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
8) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)

Name : Blessed Nero
MaxHP: 66

Magic   : 27
Agility : 15
Cunning : 11

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
6) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) ------------

Name : Python
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 30
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 34
Agility : 12
Cunning : 16

Abilities Known:
1) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
5) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
6) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)
7) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
8) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)

Name : Blessed Chaos
MaxHP: 72

Strength: 14
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 29
Agility : 14
Cunning : 14

Immune: Mind
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Life Siphon (Type: Body, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Saler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion