YAVP : Orb of Power(Mind/Movement)

The tower awaits!

YAVP : Orb of Power(Mind/Movement)

Postby Usul » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:44 pm

So I discovered this game some time ago (two months, I think?) and I have really been enjoying it so far.

After a moderately succesful run with a dodgy tank (which ended when I tried to link with Reprobus), I figured a glass canon would be a fun run. This one was my fourth attempt and I didn't think it would turn out that good.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 12/12/2016, Scoring Model: 12/11/2016
Dump file created at: 12/20/2016 7:38:12 PM

Summoner Usul...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Mind and Movement as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:20,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Usul
Level: 26
MaxHP: 139
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 4
Magic   : 127
Vitality: 32
Agility : 11
Cunning : 16

Immune: Mind
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
3) Wrath (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
4) Agony (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies without the Agony status effect. 70 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
5) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
6) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
7) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Relic Upgrades:
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Copy Saver (Reduces the cost of Copy Ability by 25%.)
Quick Dismiss (Makes Dismiss a free action with a 1 turn cooldown.)

Inventory:
1 Silver offering
3 Heart glyph
3 Zephyr card
1 Heal gem
1 Frost glyph
1 Guardian gem
10 Chakra stone
3 Calm card
2 Bolt glyph
17 Pure stone
4 Peace offering
1 Pain glyph
12 Heal stone
3 Meteor rune
1 Trouble chime
4 Pure gem
2 White essence
3 Chakra gem
2 Magic map
1 Flame glyph
1 Blizzard rune
3 Bronze offering
2 Night rune
2 Tempest rune
1 Ghost chime

Current Credits: 34245

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        3          0          1          4          2*         
Impact       0          0          1          4          2*         
Pierce       1          0          1          3          3*         
Fire         1          1          0          5*         1         
Ice          1*         0          1          5*         1         
Electricity  0          0          4          1*         2         
Body         0          1          0          5*         1         
Mind         1*         2*         1          3          1         
Light        2*         2          0          4*         1         
Dark         1*         0          0          6*         1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Deadly Will o' wisp
Level: 17
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 33
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 17
Agility : 36
Cunning : 32

Immune: Body
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce
Weak  : Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Pierce (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Moves you to different, randomly selected, position adjacent to the target.)
2) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
5) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
6) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
7) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
8) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))

Name : Vikhor
Level: 19
MaxHP: 76

Strength: 23
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 23
Agility : 47
Cunning : 29

Resist: Ice Electricity Mind
Weak  : Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
3) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
4) Parry (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to parry Melee and Direct range Slash, Impact, and Pierce abilities if your last used ability was also such.)
5) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
6) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
7) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
8) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))

Name : Sainted Demas
Level: 24
MaxHP: 104

Strength: 16
Magic   : 55
Vitality: 39
Agility : 10
Cunning : 50

Immune: Fire Light
Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Orb (Type: Fire, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
2) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
4) Silence (Type: Light, 25 SP. 50% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
5) Cleric's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 30% chance to apply Mute to targets whose last action was magical ability, preventing the use of non-physical abilities.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Fireball (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
8) Wrath (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))

Name : Hulking Reprobus
Level: 25
MaxHP: 134

Strength: 69
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 35
Agility : 32
Cunning : 17

Immune: Mind Light
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
3) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
4) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
5) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
6) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
7) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
MaxHP: 101
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 22
Magic   : 39
Vitality: 44
Agility : 15
Cunning : 15

Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Flame Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Fire attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
6) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
7) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)

Name : Blessed Raicho
MaxHP: 70

Strength: 10
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 10
Agility : 55
Cunning : 41

Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce Body Mind

Abilities Known:
2) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Rousing Cry (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Accelerates the next turn of all nearby allies who aren't Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping. Cooldown: Presence (10))
4) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
5) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
6) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
7) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Reprobus can be mended again.
 You stop resting (input received.)
 Using Dismiss...
 You unsummon Vikhor!
 Using Summon...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 You summon your raicho!
 Your gandayah gestures at your raicho.
 Your raicho looks healthier.
 Using Dismiss...
 You unsummon your raicho!
 Using Summon...
 Escape to cancel.
 You summon your demas!
 Your gandayah gestures at your demas.
 Your demas looks healthier.
 You begin resting.
 Your raicho can be mended again.
 Your demas can be mended again.
 Rest complete.
 Using Dismiss...
 You unsummon your demas!
 Using Summon...
 Escape to cancel.
 You summon your raicho!
 There is a corpse here. You can press 'g' to
 search the corpse.
 You search the corpse...
 You manage to extract an ability from the
 damaged relic!
 You can learn Fan Flames. Accept? (Y or N)
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory
 here. Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change
 levels.
 A record of your current party has been
 saved in the Records directory. File name:
 Usul_12_20_2016_19_37_56_675.txt
 Really win the game and start a new cycle?
 (Y or N)
 You win!

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Oni
MaxHP: 81

Strength: 47
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 36
Agility : 21
Cunning : 21

Resist: Fire Body Dark
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Shellbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
2) Double Impact (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Impact attacks.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Yali
Level: 18
MaxHP: 80

Strength: 43
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 31
Agility : 31
Cunning : 19

Immune: Light
Resist: Body
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Maul (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
3) Hand of Light (Type: Light, Passive. Your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks that damage targets weak to Light also deal a 85 Power Light attack if the additional damage would be fatal to the target.)
4) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jinn
Level: 22
MaxHP: 94

Strength: 26
Magic   : 45
Agility : 25

Immune: Fire
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
4) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Warded Tuofei
Level: 11
MaxHP: 70

Strength: 10
Magic   : 25
Vitality: 29
Agility : 31
Cunning : 10

Immune: Ice
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Mist Shroud (Type: Ice, Passive. If your last action was an Ice ability, provides a 25% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks.)
4) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
6) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ruler
MaxHP: 93

Strength: 24
Magic   : 52
Vitality: 37
Agility : 23
Cunning : 34

Resist: Electricity Mind
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Wrath (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
2) Cleric's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 30% chance to apply Mute to targets whose last action was magical ability, preventing the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
4) Lightning Bolt (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

As you can see, I went with a build that didn't need agility. My strategy for the entire run was to hide behind my demons and nuke everything with Might + Mind Scream/Agony. It worked great, and later I added Sudden Chill and Censure (then even later Wrath) for more type coverage.

My first relic upgrade was Copy Saver, and that plus the new corpses got me so many credits that I didn't even know how to use them. I considered recruiting some demons to replace my low-level ones, but in the end I didn't do it. Even then, I'm surprised by how much that wisp stayed relevant for the entire run. It didn't even die once.

Reprobus was great and definitely worth the two demons that died during its link. He died at some point, but I don't remember why and with so many credits I could restore him anytime.

Anyway, that was a very fun run. I got chased out of Anomaly:3 by a double encouter with Madevra and Paracelsus (I almost hoped she would attack both summoners, but had no luck and decided that fight wasn't worth it). I nearly died against Breska, surviving only thanks to two lucky Short Jaunts (thankfully it doesn't have any cooldown!). Antoria was tough, but my Sainted Demas got lucky and muted him for the last half of the fight. I searched every corpse, but it seems there aren't many ghosts past Anomaly.

Also, I think I noticed a typo. I didn't think to take a screenshot, but during the link with the Vampire, if you refuse to give him something (not sure, I may have refused to come closer), he says "How are we suppose to talk with such a rabble present?". Shouldn't it be "supposed"?

Anyway, thanks for the great game. I had a lot of fun with that run.
Usul

Re: YAVP : Orb of Power(Mind/Movement)

Postby Ferret » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:00 pm

Hey Usul, and welcome to the forums! Congrats on your first win too :D

Mind Screamers are one of my favorite builds, and happily available right from the start. The damage on individual blasts is relatively low, but between the fact they always hit and target every enemy in a huge area, it adds up quickly, especially if you have ways to keep the SP going. I'm surprised you were content with only Ritualist for SP recovery, though I guess even at 15 SP, you get 10 consecutive shots of Sudden Chill/Mind Scream before you hit 0.)

re: Credits flood, Yeah, I goofed up data entry on the this a bit. :P I did all sorts of awesome math for how many item drops I needed to remove to compensate for corpses, and then either forgot to actually change the item drops or I entered the wrong number. :P Either way, came out to about 30% more items/credits than intended, if a player was searching every corpse. Whoops.

Congrats on snagging Reprobus the 2nd time around. :) He's one of the tougher uniques to snag, but he's pretty great for most parties. :D

Ooof. :D To be saved by Short Jaunt is to win the lottery. :D But, that's part of what it's there for: sometimes any chance of survival is better than no chance of survival. :) Some (many?) players definitely won't prefer reliance on random chance, but I like that the option is there. Then too, if you use it early and often on a life-drain based build (as a certain hero in the Tower does), it can actually be a reasonable (if still somewhat subject to RNG) part of an overall defense strategy.

Mute is Antoria's main weakness. It is still hard to land on him, but if you have something capable of spamming it, you'll usually manage to keep him locked down enough to deal with. Congrats on actually fighting and killing him, most players seem to dodge him their first couple of wins.

You did indeed find a typo, and I fixed it just now, so it'll be in the next build. :D Thanks!

I'm glad you're enjoying the game. :D Congrats again on the win!
Ferret

Postby Usul » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:02 am

Yeah, SP recovery wasn't so great, but even 10 shots is enough to deal a lot of damage. I wanted to give Refresh to Reprobus and use Second Wind with Unconquerable as a way to regain SP, but I don't think he used Second Wind much (maybe because he didn't have any Breath cooldown to reset?), and that just wasn't required for me to be useful in a fight, so I forgot about it.

Short Jaunt is random, but I like that it doesn't have any cooldown. It's definitely dangerous, though.
Usul

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:09 am

You brought a lot of low level demons to the very end, that's a nice feat. I think Orb of Power is the mightiest relic, so long as you don't stand next to anything for too long. The double Short Jaunt saving you sounds nerve-wracking, but Breska's hard to escape without something like that.

Post anomaly the ghosts really dry up- mainly because if you survive anomaly, you get to be overleveled and (relatively) safe for quite a few floors. Too bad you didn't find any of the Tower: 20 ghosts some people tried creating though
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:56 pm

As of this post, *most* floors of the Tower have at least 1 wraith running around: the only major multi-floor drought left is in the mid-late teens. (Tower:15-18ish). But I don't know what the numbers were like when you were on various floors at various times, so it's entirely possible those wraiths didn't exist yet when you were those levels on this run.

I've been keeping an eye on it mostly because I want to make a small announcement once every floor of the Tower has at least one ghost. That will be a nice thing to know, since it means (assuming you play online) you can use ghost-summoning methods without any annoying failures due to lack of ghosts.
Ferret

Postby Usul » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:10 pm

Well, I died, and at the very last step to make it worse.
Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 12/12/2016, Scoring Model: 12/11/2016
Dump file created at: 12/23/2016 5:14:41 PM

Summoner Usul...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Slash and Body as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:20,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Usul
Level: 27
MaxHP: 119

Strength: 156
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 19
Agility : 16
Cunning : 5

Resist: Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Slice (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 30 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
3) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)
5) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
6) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Copy Saver (Reduces the cost of Copy Ability by 25%.)
Quick Dismiss (Makes Dismiss a free action with a 1 turn cooldown.)
Quick Summon (Makes Summon a free action with a 1 turn cooldown.)

Inventory:
2 Night rune
3 Meteor rune
7 Pure gem
6 Calm card
3 Heart glyph
3 Might gem
6 Chakra stone
2 Blizzard rune
2 Pain glyph
2 Frost glyph
1 Magic map
1 Curse rune
2 Gold offering
7 Pure stone
2 Silver offering
3 Venom rune
2 Zephyr card
2 Tempest rune
1 Mirror chime
2 Ghost chime
1 Bronze offering
4 Peace offering
12 Heal stone
1 Guardian gem
2 Chakra gem
1 Flame glyph
1 Bolt glyph
1 Trouble chime
1 Orange essence

Current Credits: 23642

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        1*         0          2          3*         1         
Impact       2*         0          1          3*         2         
Pierce       1          0          1          4*         1         
Fire         1          1          1*         4          0         
Ice          0          0          0          4          2*         
Electricity  1          0          2*         4          0         
Body         0          0          2          3*         1         
Mind         0          0          0          5*         1         
Light        1          2          1          3*         0         
Dark         1          1          1          3*         1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Artemis
Level: 19
MaxHP: 92

Strength: 35
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 20
Agility : 47

Resist: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 50% accuracy.)
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
7) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
8) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)

Name : Chthonic Miodchaoin
Level: 23
MaxHP: 134

Strength: 55
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 63
Agility : 16
Cunning : 15

Resist: Slash Impact Body
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Smash (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
6) Mighty Roar (Type: Impact, 40 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
7) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead.)
8) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)

Name : Pele
MaxHP: 111

Strength: 21
Magic   : 70
Agility : 32
Cunning : 25

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
4) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
5) Shock Arrow (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
8) Rage (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (2))

Name : Lifebender Unicorn
MaxHP: 129

Magic   : 59
Vitality: 46
Agility : 26
Cunning : 23

Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
8) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)

Name : Scarab
MaxHP: 82

Strength: 28
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 49
Agility : 56
Cunning : 14

Immune: Light Dark
Resist: Slash Pierce
Weak  : Impact

Abilities Known:
1) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
2) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
5) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
6) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)

--==== Recent Messages ====--

The shikigami gestures at you.
 You feel guilty!
 Miodchaoin smashes the shikigami.
 It isn't very effective.
 The shikigami refuses to die!
 Miodchaoin looks refreshed.
 The nero gestures at the dipsas.
 The dipsas looks healthier.
 The dipsas bites you.
 You freeze the dipsas.
 It's super effective!
 The dipsas will be shivering longer!
 You feel refreshed.
 The ikiryo leaps into action!
 The ikiryo misses you.
 The banshee is out of control!
 The banshee projects a mental scream.
 The banshee psi-blasts Miodchaoin.
 It's super effective!
 The banshee psi-blasts you.
 The banshee psi-blasts your unicorn.
 The banshee psi-blasts your scarab.
 The banshee looks healthier.
 The incubus slaps Miodchaoin.
 It isn't very effective.
 Miodchaoin is charmed!
 Your unicorn chants while pointing at
 Miodchaoin.
 Miodchaoin is no longer charmed.
 The shikigami gestures at Miodchaoin.
 Miodchaoin looks guilty!
 The dipsas flies through you.
 You freeze the dipsas.
 It's super effective!
 The dipsas will be shivering longer!
 You feel refreshed.
 Your scarab misses the dipsas.
 Using Sure Slice...
 Escape to cancel.
 You slash the shikigami.
 It's super effective!
 The shikigami staggers , barely staying
 upright!
 You feel refreshed. (x2)
 The ikiryo drains you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Banshee
Level: 18
MaxHP: 66

Strength: 11
Magic   : 51
Vitality: 22
Agility : 22
Cunning : 34

Immune: Body
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
2) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
3) Share Pain (Type: Mind, Passive. Your Mind attacks deal 0-50% more damage based on your current health (less health = more damage).)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Nero
MaxHP: 90

Strength: 22
Magic   : 38
Vitality: 38
Agility : 21
Cunning : 16

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)

Name : Jinn
Level: 22
MaxHP: 94

Magic   : 45
Agility : 25

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
4) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shojo
MaxHP: 103

Strength: 42
Magic   : 39
Vitality: 42
Agility : 14
Cunning : 38

Resist: Ice Body

Abilities Known:
1) Life Bloom (Type: Healing, 30 SP. Only affects characters with the Regeneration effect. 105 Power heal.)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Envenom (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ikiryo
MaxHP: 98

Strength: 24
Magic   : 62
Vitality: 48
Agility : 23
Cunning : 13

Immune: Ice Body
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Fire
Weak  : Electricity Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Rage (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (2))
2) Life Drain (Type: Body, 30 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
3) Vigor Drain (Type: Dark, 35 SP. 85 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
4) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Frigid Raiju
MaxHP: 88

Strength: 17
Magic   : 62
Vitality: 24
Agility : 48

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Snuff Out (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal. Cooldown: Dark (3))
4) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has an 8% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
5) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
6) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
7) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

I went with a titan's fist and the Slash and Body elements. Sure Slice allowed me to put all my points into strength and Bloodthirst in addition to Glutonny and Souleater made for reliable healing. Sure Slice being quite costly SP-wise, I added Tormentor (triggered by Artic Veil) and Bloodlust. With these and the 5 SP recovered per turn, I could use Sure Slice non-stop.

I think I had underestimated Bloodthirst. Its healing isn't that good at the beginning, but with a high enough strength and some multi-target ability it can heal a lot. There were times when I actually preferred fighting demons by groups rather than one-on-one because the healing received when hitting four or five targets was enough to keep my character at full health.

This time I recruited more demons and used the many credits to play around with all the shiny modifiers. I don't think I really needed it, but my death could be a proof that I was wrong.

I think I found two ghost past Anomaly. One was one of my failed attemps (I'm not sure if I should be ashamed that he died fairly easily or proud that I'm doing better now...), the other was him:

He wasn't actually that bad (though not easy either), and I even killed him and most of his demons, but somehow this last victory made me feel like I was invincible. Obviously I wasn't, and I really should have put those heal stone to use rather than being overconfident in my ability to heal by killing dudes.

Still, this character felt pretty strong (too strong, maybe :) ). I think I will try again, maybe keeping in mind that the game isn't won until it is actually written in the message log.

Small funny thing:
Somehow I found this hilarious. :)
Usul

Postby Ferret » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Don't feel too bad. :D Tower:20 is the new "win" these days anyway, among the crowd trying to leave nasty ghosts there. :)

Sure Slice is one of those fun abilities that can be the basis for a build all by itself, which is part of why it's a possible starting ability: if you come across it mid-game, it's usually too late to use it to its full potential. :D Notably, it will be one of the relatively few survivors of the coming "Cannot Miss" purge. :)

Bloodthirst definitely shines with multi-target physical damage (which is relatively rare, particularly in repeatable forms.) It can also be cute with the physical counterattack abilities, if you want to try a different approach with it. :) One warning w/ Bloodthirst though: It is affected by the target's Body resistance, and a decent number of the nastier-to-melee demons are also Body resistant. This can cause the healing to get significantly diminished in situations that will already be a bit dangerous.

A Level 29 wrath! :D That must have been pretty high up! Congrats on taking him out!

As for the Acheri... :D Well, look at it from their point of view: Turdak is supposedly a god, but a mere human made him into a Pokemon. :P It's probably understandable they don't have great feelings about him anymore.

If you want a more technical explanation of what happened: Demon negotiations are handled by the concept of "demands". Demands can be for all sorts of things, as you've probably seen. That particular demand there is a "Discard Specific Demon" demand, in which the demon you're talking with picks a demon of yours to demand you discard, as opposed to letting you choose as is more often the case. The method it uses to pick its target varies from case to case. For Acheri, as undead, they are coded to pick a demon with a "holy" ability: Light or Healing. As a result, Turdak's Cleansing Dance (a Healing ability) is what qualifies him for possible selection. :D
Ferret

Postby Usul » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:36 pm

Ah yes, at least I added my ghost to the pool. :)

Thanks for the warning about Bloodthirst. I had noticed that sometimes the healing was reduced, but I didn't really made the link with body resistance. It looks like this isn't the perfect ability then (not that it should be -- or that there should be a perfect ability).

Yeah, I died just after killing the ghost, so he was on Tower:20. I killed him, then became overconfident and didn't take the time to heal. I kind of deserved that death, frankly.

Thanks for the technical explanation. I always find that kind of information interesting.
Usul

Postby wizzzargh » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:11 am

Eyo, that Headful was one of my ghosts! I sacrificed all my uniques to make bizarre fusions at the end, in the hopes I could leave an exciting encounter. Sounds like it sorta worked, though maybe that was more due to inflated levels than anything else...
wizzzargh

Return to General Discussion