YAVP: Faithful heart, healing and fire.

The tower awaits!

Re: YAVP: Faithful heart, healing and fire.

Postby Remora » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:59 pm

I figure this run got a lot of mileage simply thanks to what I began with. I have yet to do orb of power dark+ice with echeneis. Anything else does seem harder; I kind of wonder if titan's fist can work for these sort of challenges thanks to soul armor, particularly if you're going with demons that can never overcome one weakness by fusion. That also makes me wonder if it would be easier to win with a party composed of demons with two natural weaknesses, like red caps. I have tried titan's fist with the huo shus a couple times but I didn't reach the fourth floor; I am sure getting asrai soul armor could save a lot of trouble with ice enemies while the huo shus can kill any fire damage dealers in relative safety.

My echeneis runs so far usually ended as soon as I ran into zars or jiangshi. For both of these kinds of runs I usually went for giving my initial partner the lifegiver modifier, which actually goes well with them.
Remora

Postby Ferret » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Ranged casters start a bit strong in Demon simply because for the first few floors you have almost assured range superiority over your enemies. It isn't until Tower:3 that significant ranged threats are even possible, and it's a bit further still before they become common. Even then, Dark/Ice in particular is nice because of the bonus MaxHP you can cart around, and the fact Frost Ring in general is a really good ability. :D

Yeah, Demons with two weaknesses would at least give you the option of fusing some of them to remove one and some to remove the other so that you're never completely shut out like the rats were vs. the ice monsters. I think you might be onto something there. :D

Lifegiver works good on Echeneis particularly if the ability rolls go well: their stats are already somewhat healer like already (good Mag and Vit), so if they can pull out a good healing ability, they're golden.
Ferret

YAVP: Titan's fist, slash and healing

Postby Remora » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:58 pm

Last night I won again!

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 9/19/2016, Scoring Model: 9/18/2016
Dump file created at: 10/16/2016 1:08:30 AM

Summoner Hardy...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Slash and Healing as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:20,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : Hardy
Level: 27
MaxHP: 149
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 118
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 57
Agility : 11
Cunning : 10

Resist: Body
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Slice (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)
3) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
4) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
5) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
6) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
7) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of enemies on the map. Once a level is fully explored, may also reveal additional previously hidden enemies.)

Inventory:
5 Zephyr card
3 Calm card
2 Chakra gem
1 Pure gem
7 Pure stone
2 Heart glyph
2 Pain glyph
7 Heal stone
1 Peace offering
4 Chakra stone
1 Venom rune
2 Guardian gem
1 Night rune
1 Curse rune

Current Credits: 33632

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Charlie
Level: 28
MaxHP: 105

Strength: 26
Magic   : 50
Vitality: 26
Agility : 38
Cunning : 50

Immune: Body Mind
Resist: Ice
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Lob Stone (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (4))
2) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
3) Hysteria (Type: Mind, 20 SP. Must target a Panicked character. 50% chance to inflict Panic on an enemy near the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
5) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
6) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Sainted Druj nasu
Level: 25
MaxHP: 107

Strength: 11
Magic   : 45
Vitality: 34
Cunning : 74

Immune: Body Light
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
2) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 25 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times). Can't miss.)
3) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 70% chance to Infect an enemy near the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Exorcist's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks deal 20% more damage to targets weak to Light.)
5) Sanction (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a magical ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (5))
6) Priesthood (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 (minimum 0.) Cooldowns reduced to 0 by Priesthood are removed from the ability and no longer restrict its usage.)
7) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
8) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)

Name : Pele
MaxHP: 119

Strength: 22
Magic   : 71
Vitality: 33
Agility : 33
Cunning : 26

Immune: Fire
Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Tlaloc
Level: 29
MaxHP: 126

Strength: 27
Vitality: 47
Agility : 27
Cunning : 23

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by restoring 3 SP.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) ------------

Name : Foul Impundulu
Level: 26
MaxHP: 111

Strength: 20
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 20
Agility : 35
Cunning : 64

Resist: Electricity Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
2) Stormfront (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 0% to 75% of the original chance, based on proximity to the target (adjacent = 75%, maximum range = 0%).)
3) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
4) Distract Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
5) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Incubus
MaxHP: 114

Magic   : 29
Vitality: 37
Agility : 41
Cunning : 52

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% if the damage dealt.)
2) Love Tap (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 35% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies.)
3) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
4) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ninkasi
MaxHP: 106

Strength: 21
Magic   : 36
Vitality: 36
Agility : 46
Cunning : 46

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (10))
6) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 30% faster when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Holy Druj nasu
Level: 21
MaxHP: 95

Strength: 10
Magic   : 40
Vitality: 30
Agility : 10
Cunning : 65

Immune: Body
Resist: Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
2) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 25 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times). Can't miss.)
3) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 70% chance to Infect an enemy near the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Filth Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Infect adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
5) Expel (Type: Light, 25 SP. Attempts to instantly kill the target (lower HP = higher chance, 0% chance until 30% of maximum HP, 100% chance at 20%). Cooldown: Light (3))
6) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
7) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
8) ------------

Name : Ala
Level: 14
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 13
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 35
Agility : 9
Cunning : 35

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% if the damage dealt.)
2) Stormwalk (Type: Electricity, 0 SP. Must target a Shocked character. Warps you adjacent to the target, and restores 20 of your SP. Free action. Cooldown: Charge (1))
3) Discharge (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets a random enemy. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
4) Full Power (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 200% of the original chance when your SP is 100 or higher. (This is checked before casting costs are deducted.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kuchisake
Level: 22
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 35
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 32
Cunning : 42

Abilities Known:
1) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 50% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (14))
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 50% faster when your HP is at 50% or less of maximum.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Abatwa
Level: 24
MaxHP: 108

Strength: 24
Magic   : 23
Agility : 48
Cunning : 41

Resist: Electricity Mind
Weak  : Fire Ice Body

Abilities Known:
1) Poison Needle (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Bonnachon
MaxHP: 90

Strength: 42
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 42
Agility : 15
Cunning : 25

Resist: Fire Ice Body
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Smash (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
3) Putrid Breath (Type: Body, 35 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 50% chance to inflict Infection, hindering HP and SP recovery. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ionic Polong
MaxHP: 96

Magic   : 60
Vitality: 16
Cunning : 53

Immune: Electricity Body
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Major Pain (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has two 70% chances to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Wither (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense and accuracy by 20%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Shock Arrow (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
6) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Has an 8% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Notes:

1. Charlie was a surprise to encounter; I didn't have enemy sense but he did show up. I had plenty of resources to spare, which is natural given that titan's fist characters usually don't have much room of opportunity to use items, especially this one which spent a lot of time at the front of the battle.
2. I think the only things I skipped were the glitch sanctum and Liothe. I am not sure of what else I missed on the floor with liothe.
3. I managed to make it pretty far while doing little to modify my demons. I recruited a lifegiver nero before even entering Anomaly and got another one there, and they did well at keeping this character alive for a while. They eventually died off and got replaced by the pixie, which died around the time of entry to Tlaloc's sanctum and I disregarded it because Ninkasi was a good healer.
4. This run was also my first encounter with Tlaloc. I sacrificed my scarab beetle and holy druj nasu to him. Very solid dude! I was worried after recruiting him because he had two civatateo and I was left with 1 HP, but I used an essence and I managed to make it out fine.
5. In hindsight, I did take the pixie for granted; it had calm on it, and this run was my first encounter with the incubi. They did cause some trouble towards the end. My PC even got caught in a charm chain which led to Ninkasi's death!
6. Abatwa were also encountered for the first time. They managed to kill off my kuchisake. The one I recruited got smited to death.
7. I saw Slenderman on the final floor! Tlaloc and the impundulu dispatched him swiftly, which made me wonder if I could have managed to link with him; his abilities and modifier do look great. It's a bit of a shame that we don't get to see much use of it yet. I figure that if I did go through the trouble and succeed, he would have made the final incubus encounter go quicker if I gave him an ice or light attack.
8. I'd sum up the latter half of the game as my party feeling like a glass cannon. It's noteworthy my party has little fire resistance, but I did figure that jinn weren't too bad to deal with. I had to play very carefully at times, especially without something like quick summon/dismiss; I recall Charlie being my main force against raiju, and they're both capable of doing lots of damage to the other quickly. Ultimately, I didn't have too much troubles with fire demons and the sainted druj nasu made for a decent angel killer (albeit it is something that would spend too much time up close, and it is a bit frail). Even then, I didn't suffer any big losses.

Also, this weird little glitch happened while finishing linking with the ionic polong:
I ran into some yuki-onna, and my character got charmed. In the process of going to the deletions menu, the transmutations menu ended up placing itself on the screen. The problem was resolved quickly by simply saving and restarting the game, though. Odd little thing, that's all.

For the second cycle I went with the familiar faithful heart healing+fire combo. I actually did fairly well, but my run did end with a shortsighted attempt at linking with Reprobus.

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 10/16/2016 2:34:07 PM

Summoner Feuerluft...
was chosen by the Faithful Heart,
selected Healing and Fire as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:12,
and is quite dead!

Name : Feuerluft
Level: 16
MaxHP: 105
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 4
Magic   : 70
Agility : 4
Cunning : 10

Abilities Known:
1) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
2) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
5) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
6) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
7) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)

Relic Upgrades:
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)
Revelation (Unlocks the Revelation transmutation, which grants a demon a random ability based on the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Quick Dismiss (Makes Dismiss a free action with a 1 turn cooldown.)
Far Summon I (Increases the range of Summon by 2.)

Inventory:
1 Frost glyph
12 Heal stone
1 Zephyr card
2 Chakra gem
1 Heal gem
2 Magic map
1 Curse rune
2 Blizzard rune
4 Night rune
7 Pure stone
2 Meteor rune
1 Silver offering
1 Bolt glyph
3 Chakra stone
1 Heart glyph

Current Credits: 23099

Name : Headless
Level: 13
MaxHP: 94

Magic   : 9
Agility : 16
Cunning : 16

Resist: Ice Body

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Angel
Level: 14
MaxHP: 66

Strength: 19
Magic   : 34
Vitality: 24
Agility : 24
Cunning : 19

Immune: Light
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Freybug
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 18
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 18
Agility : 28
Cunning : 37

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
4) Numbing Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
5) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
6) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 65% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
8) ------------

Name : Anzu
Level: 18
MaxHP: 91

Strength: 25
Magic   : 35
Agility : 25
Cunning : 20

Resist: Fire Ice Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
4) Ice Breath (Type: Ice, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
5) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead.)
6) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Mindbender Druj nasu
MaxHP: 82

Strength: 8
Magic   : 27
Vitality: 25
Agility : 8
Cunning : 62

Immune: Body Mind

Abilities Known:
4) Filth Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Infect adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
5) Somnia (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 50% chance to inflict Sleep, preventing the target from acting for several turns or until damaged.)
6) Muddle (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Akateko
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 13
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 23
Cunning : 13

Abilities Known:
2) Wraith Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ionic Easg saint
Level: 4
MaxHP: 43

Strength: 5
Magic   : 26
Vitality: 6
Agility : 19
Cunning : 14

Immune: Electricity Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Has an 8% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
6) Lightning Bolt (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kitsune
Level: 17
MaxHP: 80

Magic   : 33
Vitality: 22

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Thunderous (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of nearby enemies.)
3) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
4) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Frenzied Shisa
MaxHP: 84

Strength: 45
Vitality: 28
Agility : 22
Cunning : 12

Abilities Known:
1) Holy Word (Type: Light, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
2) Cursebreak Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down from you or a nearby ally.)
3) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
4) Exorcist's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks deal 20% more damage to targets weak to Light.)
5) Sure Slice (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
6) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shisa
MaxHP: 76

Strength: 37
Vitality: 29
Agility : 20
Cunning : 15

Abilities Known:
1) Holy Word (Type: Light, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
2) Cursebreak Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down from you or a nearby ally.)
3) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Tuofei
Level: 15
MaxHP: 71

Strength: 15
Magic   : 38
Agility : 37
Cunning : 15

Immune: Ice
Weak  : Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Mist Shroud (Type: Ice, Passive. If your last action was an Ice ability, provides a 25% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks.)
4) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Some more notes:
1. I did bother with the glitch sanctum this time around. I only go there if I am truly daring.
2. There was a profane haietlik that did well for going through Anomaly. It had spite and unholy word, as well as censure added to it. I always find it a solid fusion for dealing with the demons of Anomaly. I don't recall what it died to, but I decided not to bring it back.
3. I linked with two shisa before the fateful encounter because I can. They're probably one of my favorite demons to try to link with, and my party simply wasn't quite able to deal with light packs at the time. I just let my character try to stay out of sight while still staying close enough to heal them, as well as igniting enemy shisas, zaghs, and easg saints. This run I also figured out linking with centaurs helps in dealing with their packs, especially given their fire weaknesses alongside the dryads.
4. On Tower:11 I nearly died to a pack of sulfuric raijus and a light-animals pack lead by shisa. I got back at them while linking with an akateko whose pack found me while resting.
5. I decided to let the freybug stick around. Its purpose ultimately became a killer of tuofei and bmola. With as few ice-centered enemies as there seems to be right now, they are pretty solid enemies; even with three ice-resistant demons (I let Anzu, Headless, and the freybug be the trio to fight them) they can still dish some decent damage against them. I consider tuofei a pretty solid demon in the game right now, as its resistances and abilities make it useful for fighting the later fire and electricity demons.
6. I had to learn the hard way that part of linking with Reprobus is that you can't move away from him. I guess that's what happens when you'd assume the rules are the same for every kind of linking. My party was close to killing Mordecai, but simply couldn't. Ultimately, he and Mordecai finished off my character. I simply couldn't outheal their attacks, and Anzu was close to finishing them off. Oh well. Next time I will play it more smart when dealing with that duo.

I was offline at the time, so here is the final score.
Remora

Postby Ferret » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:28 pm

Congrats on another win. :D

1. :D Yeah, the Enemy Sense cryptids do have a TINY chance to show up even without it. :)
2. Lioth's a good one to dodge if you're going to dodge one. He appears in a stretch of the Tower that doesn't currently have any side dungeons in it, so you never lose more the floor he's on.
3. You found a Lifegiver Nero in the wild, twice? :D No wonder you didn't need to modify anything, the RNG was apparently in a good mood :D
4. Yeah, as a (current) late game unique, Tlaloc is pretty darn powerful from the moment you recruit him until the end, he doesn't really have a chance to get "too old" like early game uniques start to by the upper floors.
5. Incubi can be horrifying if they make it into melee. Even a demon with Calm can have trouble keeping up with how quickly they can apply Charm effects, though it's certainly better than not having Calm at all. :P
6. I'm glad there are enough demons now where even previous winners can run into new stuff this often. :D Though, eventually, you will have seen everything there is... for now. :)
7. Wow, two cryptids without Enemy Sense? :D Nice! He is a VERY difficult recruit though. He can be deceptively easy when fought normally, but a Hero the level advantage he has becomes much more noticeable.

Glitch: Thanks for the report. :) If I understand you right, you finished the capture while Charmed? I admit that is a case I probably didn't think to check when I was coding the automated "do something about this too many demon problem" system. :) Thanks for the report. :)

Second batch of notes:

1. Hehe. :) I'm always a little happy when there are side dungeons scary enough people do actually avoid them sometimes.
2. Huh. I've never heard of any love in specific for Haietliks before, but part of the fun of the strategy space of the game still being relatively unexplored is that there's always new stuff like this popping up. :)
3. Shisa on the other hand, I think have at least one other fan running around here somewhere... I want to say it's wiz, but I can't remember for sure. :)
4. Raijus are bad enough even unmodified... but any Magic modifier has the potential to make them into ridiculously dangerous game-ending beasts, not only because it raises their Magic stat (and thus damage output), but because of the high odds they will gain a range attack to use with their Magic and Speed and no longer need to put themselves at high risk to do their high damage.
5. Ice is in general the element best equipped to deal with enemies resistant to it; this is one of it's themes. :D I think things have finally gotten to a point where this feels like a good trade in exchange for not having access to Electricity's Shock stuns and Fire's extra Ignite damage.
6. Don't feel too bad, Reprobus' link has ended more than a few runs, even one or two of mine and I know how dangerous that encounter is. :P

A solid score :D Congrats again on the good run. :D
Ferret

Postby Remora » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:23 pm

I actually ran into Slenderman after getting enemy sense. It was the last relic upgrade I got. I figure that Heroism would make him quite a bit tougher, which makes me wonder if the impundulu and Tlaloc would still be able to dish out the damage well enough.

Anyway, I got another win last night:

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 10/24/2016 2:14:15 AM

Summoner Pastaparty...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Dark and Ice as their starting elements,
and is still alive!

Name : Pastaparty

Magic   : 100
Vitality: 59
Cunning : 8

Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Vigor Siphon (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
2) Snuff Out (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Attempts to instantly kill the target (lower HP = higher chance, 0% chance until 30% of maximum HP, 100% chance at 20%). Cooldown: Dark (3))
3) Frost Ring (Type: Ice, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
4) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
5) Demon's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks deal 20% more damage to targets weak to Dark.)
6) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
7) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Relic Upgrades:
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Capacity Up II (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 8 at once.)

Inventory:
3 Heal gem
3 Chakra gem
15 Pure stone
1 Venom rune
1 Bolt glyph
15 Heal stone
4 Peace offering
4 Flame glyph
11 Chakra stone
3 Heart glyph
1 Pain glyph
3 Pure gem
1 Calm card
3 Zephyr card
1 Night rune

Current Credits: 25364

Name : Zombie
MaxHP: 113

Strength: 38
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 55
Agility : 19

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Fire Electricity Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Infectious Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
3) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)
4) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
5) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
6) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
7) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
8) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)

Name : Hob
Level: 23
MaxHP: 102

Magic   : 43
Vitality: 37
Agility : 23
Cunning : 36

Abilities Known:
1) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
4) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Tuofei
MaxHP: 87

Magic   : 47
Agility : 47
Cunning : 18

Weak  : Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Mist Shroud (Type: Ice, Passive. If your last action was an Ice ability, provides a 25% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks.)
4) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% if the damage dealt.)
6) Flame Orb (Type: Fire, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
8) ------------

Name : Lethal Kuchisake
MaxHP: 120

Strength: 51
Cunning : 44

Abilities Known:
1) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 50% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (14))
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 50% faster when your HP is at 50% or less of maximum.)
5) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Numbing Needle (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Dancing Shoggoth
MaxHP: 113

Strength: 41
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 41
Agility : 50

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. 50% accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)
7) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
8) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))

Name : Vishap
MaxHP: 91

Strength: 32
Magic   : 48
Cunning : 29

Abilities Known:
1) Shock Arrow (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Storm Breath (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Impundulu
MaxHP: 101

Magic   : 51
Agility : 43

Abilities Known:
1) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
2) Stormfront (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 0% to 75% of the original chance, based on proximity to the target (adjacent = 75%, maximum range = 0%).)
3) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shikigami
MaxHP: 75

Cunning : 38

Resist: Impact Ice Dark
Weak  : Slash Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Cull (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
4) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Demas

Strength: 16
Vitality: 38
Cunning : 33

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Orb (Type: Fire, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
2) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Pyrokinesis (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Must target an Ignited character. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Aithir

Vitality: 22
Cunning : 39

Immune: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Fire Ice Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
2) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10, and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)
5) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
6) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
8) ------------

Name : Ninkasi
MaxHP: 92

Vitality: 31
Agility : 40
Cunning : 40

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (10))
6) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 30% faster when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Miodchaoin
Level: 19
MaxHP: 104

Strength: 53
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 41
Agility : 17
Cunning : 17

Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Smash (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
6) Mighty Roar (Type: Impact, 40 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Agility : 34

Abilities Known:
2) Cull (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
4) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Abatwa
MaxHP: 108

Agility : 48

Resist: Electricity Mind
Weak  : Fire Ice Body

Abilities Known:
1) Poison Needle (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Recently any time I do the dark/ice orb of power start I name my character something pasta-related.

Notes:
1. I decided to try to ascend with a zombie, which is one of the less-loved starters. I think it did pretty well, especially thanks to prepare and oppressor, on top of its life-sucking abilities. I probably could have given it abilities more useful than infectious bite and spiny veil, but in the end it had some use throughout the entirety of the game. It didn't die once.
2. I think the only light resistant/immune demon I had throughout this game was the aithir. Conveniently enough, rather few angel packs were encountered this game, and oppressor is great against them. My party also lacked fire resistance throughout most of the game, and the same for electricity resistance and dark resistance. It would be only really late in the game in which I'd pick up a vishap and an impundulu because I could.
3. At one point I swapped tireless for oppressor on my PC to make it easier to deal with light enemies, and later on swapped exorcist's mien for witch's mien. I didn't get to see much mileage out of both; it was noticeable how much quicker my SP ran out without tireless, but I guess oppressor did help a little. When my magic reached 100 points I started to pump vitality. I had 172 HP at time of victory.
4. Of my final party, I revived my tuofei and dancing shoggoth at one point. The tuofei was lost to oni and I don't recall what killed the shoggoth at the moment (it ran into lots of trouble here and there). I lost Miodchaoin and Ninkasi to a pack of banshees and shikigami, and I didn't think I had to revive them right away. In the end, I did fine without them. On that note, I think banshees showed up the most of all demons in the late tower.
5. On the final floor I spawned in a loop at the end of a 'C' shaped hallway. I was worried about running into Antoria at the end of it and he was there! I did get away fine, though. I used a magic map on the final floor and in the chamber with the end goal there were about three mobs in that area, merely distant from one another. I reached level 25 there and got an extra demon slot, but it didn't get filled up, even though I took the time to collect the items on the floor and ran into a couple more groups.
6. Almost got Reprobus, almost died. That was probably the closest brush with death this run, that and when I realized that even angels would sooner smite Miodchaoin than my zombie, but sooner my PC than both of them. Wind cards are great; I used one for that angel encounter and for when a couple chachapuma charged my right after I recruited the hob. Given that a recent pasta run ended with them, I didn't want to take chances with staying close to them for more than a couple turns, even if I still had a lot of HP left.
7. Aside from the aforementioned demons, the other troublesome demons encountered would be shikigami (they're a bit subtle, but with the lack of dark resistance they can can do their work easily, and with banshees pariah can be noticeably nasty), shisa (only two were encountered, but oppressor isn't as effective against them), rulers (their lightning did plenty of damage to anything without oppressor, and I think of pack with them killed my shikigami incredibly quickly), and abatwa (they can do a lot a damage to even the kuchisake, and the zombie was decent for tanking their attacks for more turns than anything else; even then, even if they have healers with them, they could be killed quickly with frost ring and the tuofei's attacks; the main problem was approaching them to use frost ring, and tuofei get terribly poisoned easily). Most other demons weren't so troublesome, even fire-slingers (my zombie did surprisingly well dealing with Anzu and his entourage). I did try to link with Pele but failed, which would be the first time I failed at linking with her.

I haven't even chosen a start for the second cycle. I think this run ended with 32k points.
Remora

Postby Ferret » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:08 am

Congrats on another win. :D Sorry for the bit of a delayed response, busy working on ghost goodies. :D

Funny about the zombie, gaswafers and I were just talking about low speed/high HP guys in another thread. :D Zombies can be a good starter if you're in a hurry to pick up Gluttony or Flesheater, but they're one of the easier recruits so even if you need those, you can just wait until Tower:2.

I hadn't thought of the Oppressor vs. angels bit before, but that actually works really well. :) Dark-weak guys will find that the damage bonus they get from using Light on a Light weak character with Oppressor pretty much cancels out exactly... provided your HP stay above theirs, of course. :) Of course, the AI recognizes the effect as you noticed: it won't be so keen to target enemies it is facing a huge penalty against if better targets present themselves.

Dancing Shoggoth amuses me for some reason, as a concept. :)

Congrats again on the win, only...

...now I seem to want pasta for dinner...

Ferret

YAVP: Orb of power, buff and defense

Postby Remora » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:49 am

In my second cycle, I went with the debuff hand of dead start. It didn't end well when I escaped into Anomaly from ogres with few party members. I don't know how often they get mentioned, but gremlins can be pretty nasty; I think it was a modified pack that ended this run.

How about a fifth win?

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 10/26/2016 8:49:26 PM

Summoner Cappo...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Buff and Defense as their starting elements,
and is still alive!

Name : Cappo
MaxHP: 147

Strength: 87
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 56
Agility : 17
Cunning : 7

Resist: Mind Light
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)
2) Battle Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
3) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
6) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Relic Upgrades:
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of enemies on the map. Once a level is fully explored, may also reveal additional previously hidden enemies.)

Inventory:
2 Zephyr card
1 Trouble chime
5 Pure stone
9 Chakra stone
10 Heal stone
3 Calm card
3 Pure gem
1 Magic map
1 Guardian gem
1 Tempest rune
1 Frost glyph

Current Credits: 3795

Name : Reprobus
MaxHP: 125

Strength: 60
Magic   : 28
Agility : 31
Cunning : 21

Immune: Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Piercing Thrust (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only.)
3) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
4) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
7) Void Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 55 Power attack, dealt as MaxHP damage.)
8) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)

Name : Scarab
MaxHP: 74

Magic   : 25
Vitality: 45
Agility : 52

Immune: Light Dark
Resist: Slash Pierce
Weak  : Impact

Abilities Known:
1) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
2) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
5) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Red cap
MaxHP: 85

Strength: 41
Vitality: 27
Agility : 21
Cunning : 30

Abilities Known:
1) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Throw Rock (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (3))
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
6) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
7) Shocking Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
8) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)

Name : Barbegazi
MaxHP: 98

Magic   : 50
Vitality: 44
Agility : 18
Cunning : 18

Abilities Known:
1) Cryopulse (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Frost Armor (Type: Ice, Passive. When your last action was an Ice ability, you have 25% improved defense.)
3) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
6) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
7) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
8) ------------

MaxHP: 123

Magic   : 69
Vitality: 46
Agility : 26

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
5) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by restoring 3 SP.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
8) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

Name : Kuchisake
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 35

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jinn
MaxHP: 97

Magic   : 45
Cunning : 32

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
4) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Solid Ruhin
Level: 20
MaxHP: 102

Strength: 9
Magic   : 19
Agility : 39

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
6) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
8) ------------

Name : Zagh

Weak  : Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
4) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
5) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Zagh

Weak  : Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
2) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
4) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
5) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Demas

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Orb (Type: Fire, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
2) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Pyrokinesis (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Must target an Ignited character. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

I'd say that this was a rather "sloppy" and suboptimal run; for a good amount of the time my party shared weaknesses like electricity throughout much of the middle tower, to say one thing about it. A lot of battles involved a lot of fleeing from, and some others went down very quickly.

A lot of dudes came and went. Charlie was good for dealing with raiju and vishaps for the time he was around, even if he'd be in trouble as soon as their panicking is over. I'm still surprised I managed to get Reprobus for once; it was a risky gamble, but he was worth it (although again, he's yet another electric-weak demon and cannot overcome it). I also got a fetch and gave it the sainted modifier because yes. I had a raiju and it was useful for recruiting it, but it suffered in the process.

I think I went overboard with oppressor this game. It's a good passive but it's mainly viable with characters that have high HP. Things like red caps don't have that much of impressive HP.

I encountered rakshasas for the first time on the final floor. They were something I forgot about so there is now only one demon I am aware of that I have yet to encounter. Anyway, I did manage to clear Tower:20, albeit slowly. No uniques or anything spawned there; power gave me some trouble, as well as the yuki-onna and rulers. I took my time to deal with them all.

My PC is an odd one, alright. Occasionally I just smacked things to make them die faster. The defense bonuses were noticeable in how they affected things at times. Even then, some demons are more or less no brainers when it comes to knowing that it's better off not being nearby.

This time around I decided to keep around a red cap to the end. Again, not the most optimal decision, but its stats do give it a minor edge in inflicting status effects and some decent damage. Quick dismiss helps a lot with getting more mileage out of earlier demons, anyway. In hindsight I should have swapped oppressor for another passive ability, given that it would still take lots of damage from light packs quickly, anyway. I also squandered opportunities to upgrade the size of the rock it throws.

My second cycle went with the same beginning, but would go slightly different stats and ability wise. At times in the Cappo run it seemed like PC could have benefited a lot from some means of damage aside from bumping inaccurately in melee. I managed to get spite, which I figured would be enough. The run took an unfortunate turn on the fifth floor where chupacabra spawned before enemy sense would even trigger from a fully explored floor. I had to go to the next floor, skipping the EXP and resources of Anomaly. At least for the next few floors I would do fine, however; this run ended in Turdak's sanctum. An attempt to link with an atua led me to the skeleton himself and my party wasn't in shape to take on him at the time. I recruited one of the frigid acheri and in the process enough health was drained to make the next source of damage certain death (rather few healing items spawned in this game).

This second cycle isn't much noteworthy out of what has been said. I did have a nice maj. centaur, but didn't get to see much of its potential.
Remora

Postby Ferret » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:16 pm

A fifth win already? :O

::sniff:: You guys grow up too fast these days. :P Going to have to take care of that in the post-ghosts build I think... assuming the ghosts don't handle it for me. :D

Gremlins can be nasty: if they get the upper hand, they often keep it. They don't get mentioned much, but I suspect this is because Anomaly offers a lot of competition for the "nasty monster" title. :)

You always seem to adopt some low level monster and carry it to the end lately. :P Zombie last time, Red Cap this time. Maybe a Raicho next? :D Though that one is becoming more common lately as they've come in vogue as buffbirds (and by vogue, I mean 3 people have done it, but when you have a player base of something like 30-40, 3 is probably enough to qualify as in vogue :P ) Shame you never met Bigfoot. :D It'd be kind of amusing to give a Red Cap Log Toss, which is the king of the "throw rock" line, even though it isn't a rock. :P

Your recent experiences with Oppressor make me a happy FerretDev: one of the strongest positive indicators of something being designed well is when people argue about it being good or not. :D Arguing with yourself counts too. :P Granted, not everything is or should be like that (I don't expect any heated discussions of the relative merits of Infectious Bite anytime soon), but I'm always happy when another goodie earns that distinction. :)

Sure Shot is the ability you would have wanted most, perhaps. :D It is much harder to lay hands on than Spite though.

Oof on being chased away from Anomaly though. It is supposed to be recoverable, but it's a rough go.

Congrats again on win #5 though. :) I'm glad you're enjoying the game. :D
Ferret

YAVP: Vodun mask with blight

Postby Remora » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:14 am

I have finally pulled off a streak, albeit a little one. I think I have a little less than usual to say about the runs themselves. I have found out that blight is indeed a nice ability.

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 10/30/2016 4:03:17 AM

Summoner Blight...
was chosen by the Vodun Mask,
selected Body and Dark as their starting elements,
and is still alive!

Name : Blight
Level: 30
MaxHP: 161

Strength: 9
Magic   : 61
Vitality: 61
Cunning : 80

Abilities Known:
1) Envenom (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Arrest Host (Type: Body, 35 SP. 35% chance to cause Paralysis, causing the targets to frequently miss their turns.)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) Battle Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)

Relic Upgrades:
Capacity Up II (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 8 at once.)

Inventory:
3 Peace offering
1 Tempest rune
2 Bolt glyph
6 Heal gem
3 Pure gem
5 Chakra stone
1 Blizzard rune
2 Might gem
11 Heal stone
4 Pure stone
2 Frost glyph
1 Calm card
2 Heart glyph
1 Flame glyph

Current Credits: 26466

Name : Asrai
MaxHP: 88

Strength: 12
Magic   : 57
Vitality: 15
Cunning : 31

Abilities Known:
1) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
4) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10.)
5) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
6) Shocking Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
7) Filth Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Infect adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
8) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)

Name : Solid Shoggoth
MaxHP: 145

Strength: 44
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 73
Cunning : 31

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. 50% accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
6) Parry (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to parry Melee and Direct range Slash, Impact, and Pierce abilities if your last used ability was also such.)
7) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
8) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))

Name : Lilim
MaxHP: 95

Magic   : 39

Abilities Known:
1) Blue Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Sleep, preventing the target from acting for several turns or until damaged. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
2) Dreamstalker (Type: Mind, Passive. Your attacks deal 50% more damage to and do not wake up Sleeping targets that have full HP.)
3) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 30% faster when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
4) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% if the damage dealt.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Chthonic Druj nasu
MaxHP: 121

Vitality: 63
Cunning : 59

Resist: Slash Impact Dark

Abilities Known:
5) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
6) Stunning Blow (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
7) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
8) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)

Name : Pele
MaxHP: 121

Strength: 23
Magic   : 73

Abilities Known:
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
7) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
8) Vigor Drain (Type: Dark, 35 SP. 85 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)

Abilities Known:
7) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
8) ------------

Name : Bigfoot
Level: 37

Strength: 100
Vitality: 56

Abilities Known:
1) Grand Slam (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Log Toss (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (6))
3) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
6) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifebender Impundulu
MaxHP: 118

Strength: 20
Magic   : 59
Cunning : 29

Abilities Known:
4) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Mananangal

Magic   : 44

Immune: Dark
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Mananangal

Immune: Dark
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
4) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Corrupt Shikigami
MaxHP: 81

Strength: 8
Vitality: 13

Abilities Known:
5) Body Lock (Type: Body, 30 SP. 50% chance to cause Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% if the damage dealt.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ehlose
MaxHP: 84

Strength: 44
Vitality: 53

Resist: Ice Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
2) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
3) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
5) Brain Knocker (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 50% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to delay the next turn of the target.)
6) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
7) Shocking Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
8) ------------

Name : Ikiryo

Magic   : 62
Vitality: 48

Immune: Ice Body
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Fire
Weak  : Electricity Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Rage (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (2))
2) Life Drain (Type: Body, 30 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
3) Vigor Drain (Type: Dark, 35 SP. 85 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
4) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Vile Kasha

Magic   : 34
Agility : 29

Resist: Fire Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Wraith Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
6) Vile Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
7) Numbing Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
8) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Civatateo
MaxHP: 101

Vitality: 26

Resist: Ice Body Light Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 50% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
2) Life Drain (Type: Body, 30 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
3) Light Veil (Type: Light, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Finally encountered Bigfoot! I had no troubles getting him because I had just found a gold offering. I actually lost him in Phoenix's sanctum. I think he and a vile kasha were the only demons I bothered to revive in this run.

Chthonic druj nasu may seem a bit different, but it gives it viability as a debuffing frontliner as it is pretty squishy otherwise. It was noticeable that it would take more damage from pierce attacks, most notably abatwa on the final floors; this time around I at least had an easier time disposing of abatwa, even with the large amounts of damage they could do to my party quickly. With alluring veil, it had some extra time to buy, and if Pele also happened to be at the frontlines enemies would spend time slapping the crap out of each other. How silly. Around the end of the game everyone had their uses.

On the final floor I managed to kill Antoria, and arrest host replaced fetid burst as a "victory lap" ability. It was good against the remaining mobs there.

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 10/31/2016 10:12:27 PM

Summoner Blight...
was chosen by the Vodun Mask,
selected Healing and Dark as their starting elements,
and is still alive!

Name : Blight
MaxHP: 157

Magic   : 60
Vitality: 60
Agility : 9
Cunning : 77

Abilities Known:
1) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 50% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Battle Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Vigor Siphon (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)

Relic Upgrades:
Item Sense (Shows the positions of items on the map. Once a level is fully explored, may also reveal additional previously hidden items.)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)

Inventory:
1 Silver offering
3 Night rune
4 Magic map
1 Chakra gem
2 Peace offering
13 Heal stone
1 Bolt glyph
1 Calm card
1 Frost glyph
3 Bronze offering
1 Curse rune
2 Venom rune
2 Pure gem
2 Pain glyph
3 Chakra stone
1 Might gem
2 Heal gem
1 Wind card
1 Heart glyph

Current Credits: 8418

Name : Druj nasu
MaxHP: 110

Strength: 14
Magic   : 36
Vitality: 43
Agility : 14
Cunning : 73

Abilities Known:
5) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
6) Cleric's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 30% chance to apply Mute to targets whose last action was magical ability, preventing the use of non-physical abilities.)
7) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
8) Mind Blast (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)

Name : Stormy Aithir
MaxHP: 87

Magic   : 57
Vitality: 21

Immune: Body Light Dark
Resist: Ice Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
2) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
3) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10, and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)
4) Vigor Siphon (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Discharge (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets a random enemy. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
7) Chilling Blast (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
8) Cleric's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 30% chance to apply Mute to targets whose last action was magical ability, preventing the use of non-physical abilities.)

Name : Blessed Gi
MaxHP: 133

Strength: 52
Vitality: 72
Agility : 12

Resist: Slash Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Lob Stone (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (4))
2) Stunning Blow (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Stone Stance (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 15% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks if your last action was not movement.)
4) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
5) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
6) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
8) Shocking Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)

Name : Bigfoot
Level: 38
MaxHP: 153

Strength: 102
Vitality: 57
Agility : 36

Abilities Known:
2) Log Toss (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (6))
3) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
6) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
7) Burning Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 100 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)

Name : Radiant Civatateo
Level: 30
MaxHP: 115

Strength: 22
Magic   : 82
Cunning : 32

Resist: Fire Ice Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
3) Light Veil (Type: Light, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
5) Vigor Siphon (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
6) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
7) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
8) ------------

Name : Hulking Impundulu
MaxHP: 119

Strength: 42
Magic   : 42
Agility : 43

Abilities Known:
4) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 50% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (14))
5) Double Impact (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Impact attacks.)
6) Love Tap (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 35% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Turbulent Yuki-onna

Magic   : 66
Vitality: 24
Agility : 31
Cunning : 40

Abilities Known:
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
5) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
7) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Has an 8% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
8) Storm Breath (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))

Name : Shisa
MaxHP: 83

Strength: 40
Vitality: 31
Cunning : 16

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ikiryo

Magic   : 62
Vitality: 48

Immune: Ice Body
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Fire
Weak  : Electricity Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Rage (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (2))
3) Vigor Drain (Type: Dark, 35 SP. 85 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
4) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jinn
MaxHP: 99

Magic   : 47
Vitality: 33

Abilities Known:
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Phoenix
MaxHP: 109

Agility : 51

Resist: Ice Light
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Burning Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 100 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Heat Wave (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
6) Eternal Glory (Type: Healing, Passive. Fully restores HP when HP reaches 0. Cannot be discarded when on cooldown. Cooldown: Soul (90))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Foul Kuchisake
MaxHP: 123

Strength: 32
Agility : 32
Cunning : 73

Abilities Known:
5) Expose Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
6) Vitiate (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense and evasion by 20%.)
7) Burning Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 100 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
7) Chilling Blast (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
8) Vigor Siphon (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)

Name : Charun

Strength: 73
Vitality: 36
Cunning : 14

Abilities Known:
2) Agony (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies without the Agony status effect. 70 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

In this run I think I cleared everything excluding Arcadia, in which I failed the Actaeon link and escaped barely alive. It seems kind of odd for the run to end on a somewhat lower level when I skipped more fights in the first one.

Stormy aithir has nice resists, but it is incredibly squishy around fiery enemies and melee brutes. Recently I have started to notice how HP is affected by resistances/immunities and speed, so I have been lowkey experimenting with them. I want to get a well fed gi, as I suspect it is the demon with the highest HP gains by default (I have figured that it favors vitality more than any other demon in the game, having one of the highest vitality values at its base level, and a zombie at the same base level of a gi has less HP). In this run I settled for a blessed gi, which fared fine most of the time.

I got to nab the Phoenix. Having four mighted characters draining its vigor defeated it very swiftly. I decided to sacrifice it for a fusion, and from the looks of things the poor bird had really low max HP upon defeat and sacrifice.

The third run ended in Vikhor's sanctum, where Aeras overwhelmed my party. I went with the mind abilities for that game. I failed at the Actaeon link once more but did manage to kill off the hounds and Artemis this time around. In hindsight I probably should have taken the opportunity to link with Artemis, but I'm not sure if it would have been a safe enough gamble given there were still quite a few hounds left at the time Actaeon was on the brink of death. Surely there is rustier synergy with my character's abilities here than the previous two runs, but allies are still reliable and Actaeon's cry made plenty of hounds vulnerable to being blighted; it would have been great if I could have gotten him.
Remora

Postby Ferret » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:34 pm

Congrats on your first streak. :D I think you might be the first Blight-based win since it was changed during the Light/Dark revamp (prior to that, it used to be single-target, still good, but not quite as good. :P )

I'm always happy when someone finds a demon setup they like that I haven't heard of before: using Chthonic on Druj Nasu is definitely in that category. :) As for Alluring Veil... Charm is definitely a nasty, nasty little status condition. :D

Arrest Host is pretty neat. I expect it to be something that is better appreciated once the Tower gets taller. :)

Re: experience level, there is definitely a bit of randomness regarding how much XP is available in a given run. It generally isn't enough to make a noticeable difference (and indeed, a Level 29 character vs. a Level 30 character is about a 2.5% difference in combat performance), but it is a thing.

As for most MaxHP, it's probably either Gi or... Zombies. :P Zombies have similar Vitality, even worse Speed, and even worse resistances. But, being a base level 1 demon, Zombies are much more vulnerable to being outgrown before the end of the game.

Not that it is of any practical value to know, but Herd Humans, which some Cynocephali breed for food, have the highest Vitality growth in the game. :P Can't have the livestock getting sick all the time. :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion