YAVP: Faithful heart, healing and fire.

The tower awaits!

Re: YAVP: Faithful heart, healing and fire.

Postby Remora » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:33 am

And so my second cycle ended a couple nights ago. I perished to a trio of asrai past a corner. I probably could have handled the situation better by staying behind the corner and summoning my echeneis to tank the ice darts, but I recall being compelled to go back right away and I ran out of health quickly. Ironic, given my character having fire attacks that they're weak to. I recruited an aeras right before that ending. I did manage to get firestarter and bask in that run. There's not much of anything noteworthy about it. I ended with 44k points, which was seventh place at the time IIRC, right above the LiLi run.

Also, in the Line run, I did run into Charliss and he was a bit more of a nuisance than usual this time around. He not only managed to blink away, but he also got behind a pack of chachapumas and alas. He didn't do much until most of them were defeated, though, and he didn't heal up that much. What an encounter!
Remora

Postby pjoxt » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:46 am

Hi I beat your game. This was attempt 30~

Summoner Pjoxt...
was chosen by the Crown of Glory,
selected Buff and Healing as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:20,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : Pjoxt
Level: 24
MaxHP: 135
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 66
Magic : 8
Vitality: 49
Agility : 50
Cunning : 7

Resist: Light
Weak : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Soothing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Also grants a 105 Power heal to you or a nearby ally whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum.)
2) Guarding Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's defense by 25%.)
3) Warning Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's evasion by 25%.)
4) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
5) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
8) Terrifying (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Summon (Makes Summon a free action with a 1 turn cooldown.)
Quick Dismiss (Makes Dismiss a free action with a 1 turn cooldown.)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)

Here's a screenshot of my party as I left for the loop:
https://imgur.com/a/RFoOJ

Honorable mentions: Actaeon was very strong in this party, but died at the very end to a strong summoner. For the majority of the game my damage dealers were a frigid gandayah and a fiery freybug, but they died along with every other demon i had except for aspis & actaeon when i almost party wiped on something. Had to use 2 offerings and most of my currency reviving to recover from that.

Anyway, the strategy of stacking buffs and healers worked pretty well, I got the regen cut on the maj. aspis and 3 different buffing cuts on myself, and actaeon's attack down aoe synergized with this. Managed to get Tlaloc from his sanctum, so I taught his healing rain on all 3 of my healers. After all my damage dealers died, i think most of the damage in my came from aspis' poisons.

Cool game.

edit: oh hey i thought i was in the yavp spamming thread oops
pjoxt

Postby Ferret » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:27 pm

Remora wrote:And so my second cycle ended a couple nights ago. I perished to a trio of asrai past a corner. I probably could have handled the situation better by staying behind the corner and summoning my echeneis to tank the ice darts, but I recall being compelled to go back right away and I ran out of health quickly. Ironic, given my character having fire attacks that they're weak to. I recruited an aeras right before that ending. I did manage to get firestarter and bask in that run. There's not much of anything noteworthy about it. I ended with 44k points, which was seventh place at the time IIRC, right above the LiLi run.

Also, in the Line run, I did run into Charliss and he was a bit more of a nuisance than usual this time around. He not only managed to blink away, but he also got behind a pack of chachapumas and alas. He didn't do much until most of them were defeated, though, and he didn't heal up that much. What an encounter!

:D Charliss seems to be one of the more hated/loathed uniques. Good to see him living up to his reputation. He's certainly no Adria who, despite my best efforts, continues to be a disappointment. :(

pjoxt wrote:Hi I beat your game. This was attempt 30~

Summoner Pjoxt...
was chosen by the Crown of Glory,
selected Buff and Healing as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:20,
and is still alive!

Name : Pjoxt
Level: 24
MaxHP: 135

Strength: 66
Magic : 8
Vitality: 49
Agility : 50

Resist: Light
Weak : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Soothing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Also grants a 105 Power heal to you or a nearby ally whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum.)
2) Guarding Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's defense by 25%.)
3) Warning Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's evasion by 25%.)
4) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
5) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
8) Terrifying (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Summon (Makes Summon a free action with a 1 turn cooldown.)
Quick Dismiss (Makes Dismiss a free action with a 1 turn cooldown.)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)

Here's a screenshot of my party as I left for the loop:
https://imgur.com/a/RFoOJ

Honorable mentions: Actaeon was very strong in this party, but died at the very end to a strong summoner. For the majority of the game my damage dealers were a frigid gandayah and a fiery freybug, but they died along with every other demon i had except for aspis & actaeon when i almost party wiped on something. Had to use 2 offerings and most of my currency reviving to recover from that.

Anyway, the strategy of stacking buffs and healers worked pretty well, I got the regen cut on the maj. aspis and 3 different buffing cuts on myself, and actaeon's attack down aoe synergized with this. Managed to get Tlaloc from his sanctum, so I taught his healing rain on all 3 of my healers. After all my damage dealers died, i think most of the damage in my came from aspis' poisons.

Cool game.

edit: oh hey i thought i was in the yavp spamming thread oops

Hey Pjoxt, and welcome to the forum. :D Congrats on the win too. :D Don't worry about getting the wrong thread, hopefully Remora won't mind. :)

30 tries isn't a bad count for getting your first win, and I'm glad you had fun. :) I wish you could remember what almost wiped you, I'd be curious to know that. :D I did notice you ended the a game a bit low level XP wise (a full clear killing everything would be closer to level 28-29 or so): did you skip any levels/encounters?

"Support Slash" builds have been around for awhile, but I don't remember for sure if there has been a win on one before. Probably not since melee was a bit rough before the recent changes to make Strength also reduce damage taken. :D
Ferret

Postby pjoxt » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:46 am

Don't remember what almost wiped me during that run because after that point getting my ass kicked was such a common occurrence. I do remember that it was on a floor before I found shoggoths, because that's where I used my last offerings to recover. The last 3 floors I was just looking for the next set of stairs so I could loop, althought I do remember defeating a titan's fist summoner near the end using most of my stockpiled items.
pjoxt

Postby Ferret » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Titan's Fist summoner? :? There's not one of those yet, though there is a Crown of Glory summoner at about the level you're talking about, named Breska. :) If you actually defeated him, even with items, that is a worthy accomplishment in and of itself: he usually has a killer Soul Armor setup that can make him pretty difficult to take down for most parties.

Running for the exit is a valid strategy: a win is a win, after all. :D I can't promise it will always remain as easy/safe as it may have been now though. :)
Ferret

Postby Remora » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:07 am

I don't mind that.

Anyway, I'm trying to get another sort of build off the ground: the rock thrower. So far there's this run:

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 9/19/2016, Scoring Model: 9/18/2016
Dump file created at: 10/5/2016 9:49:27 PM

Summoner Ruknrol...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Defense and Mind as their starting elements,
is currently at Anomaly:1,
and is quite dead!

Name : Ruknrol
Level: 7
MaxHP: 65

Strength: 25
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 22
Agility : 27

Resist: Body
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
2) Heavy Guard (Type: Impact, Reactive. Responds to attacks by adjacent enemies that you block or parry with a 40 Power attack that has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
3) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Throw Rock (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (3))
5) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 10 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Hail Shot (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack split between Ice and Impact; both the Ice and Impact damage are based on Magic. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
7) Auraward (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Fire, Electricity, or Ice ability, you gain Resist against all three of these types.)
8) ------------

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)

Inventory:
1 Flame glyph
8 Heal stone
4 Heal gem
2 Silver offering
1 Frost glyph
2 Wind card
4 Pure stone
2 Pure gem
1 Chakra stone
1 Bolt glyph

Current Credits: 6127

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Lifegiver Echeneis
Level: 6
MaxHP: 58
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 10
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 26
Agility : 13
Cunning : 9

Resist: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
6) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
7) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
8) ------------

Name : Will o' wisp
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 13
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 12
Agility : 23
Cunning : 19

Immune: Body
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce
Weak  : Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Pierce (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Moves you to different, randomly selected, position adjacent to the target.)
2) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ghoul
Level: 11
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 28
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 21
Agility : 25
Cunning : 23

Weak  : Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Numbing Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
4) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
5) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Carbuncle
Level: 8
MaxHP: 46

Strength: 9
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 14
Agility : 29
Cunning : 28

Resist: Mind Light
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Dazzling Glare (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 50% chance to inflict Stun on enemies, causing them to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (10))
4) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Haietlik
MaxHP: 45

Magic   : 16
Vitality: 13
Agility : 19
Cunning : 19

Resist: Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
4) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has an 8% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
5) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ccoa
Level: 7
MaxHP: 51

Strength: 8
Magic   : 23

Resist: Ice Electricity
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hail Shot (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack split between Ice and Impact; both the Ice and Impact damage are based on Magic. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Discharge (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets a random enemy. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Stormwalk (Type: Electricity, 0 SP. Must target a Shocked character. Warps you adjacent to the target, and restores 20 of your SP. Free action. Cooldown: Charge (1))
5) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Ilomba
Level: 4
MaxHP: 38

Magic   : 11
Agility : 20
Cunning : 14

Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 65% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Zar
Level: 2
MaxHP: 33

Magic   : 12
Vitality: 9
Agility : 15
Cunning : 15

Resist: Mind Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Malingee
Level: 5

Strength: 27
Magic   : 6
Agility : 18
Cunning : 12

Resist: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Freybug
Level: 5

Strength: 12
Magic   : 9
Agility : 18
Cunning : 24

Resist: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Storm Veil (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 4% chance to Shock the target, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
6) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Satyr
MaxHP: 43

Strength: 18
Magic   : 7
Agility : 17

Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
4) Mind Blank (Type: Mind, 10 SP. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the target.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Easg saint
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 7
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 8

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

An attempt to flee from fotia only led to running into more fotia, and it did not end well.
At least this is the first run I managed to recruit ccoa. Hail shot was extra good for taking out ice-weak enemies as well as taking care of physically-resistant demons like will o' wisps. The freybug had some investment in it but it perished and I did not bring it back. I decided to go with recycle because I figured I would have some demons that would stick around for a while (it wouldn't have been long before the will o' wisp's time would be up, although profane is a useful modifier).
Remora

Postby geminimax » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:28 am

Ha, i've tried something like that before, but way more memey with full agi and aura strike. Rocks are actually really strong, specially some of the later ones, i was doing great damage even with the shitty stats. If you plan on rocking it to the maximum i recommend teaching lucky charm to almost everyone on the party, and trading the block abilities for support or debuff on hit abilities.
geminimax

Postby Ferret » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:39 am

One day, someone will win with a rock throwing build. :P On that day, I will be an even happier FerretDev. :D

Congrats on the Ccoa capture. :) I don't believe there have been many of those. :D Many of his abilities, and probably Hail Shot most of all, are worth the trouble though. :) I think the two Hail abilities, much like Pyre Rite/Bask/etc. for Fire, have started to go a long way to defining how the three "elemental" types differ from each other. :D

Geminimax's suggestion about using debuff on hit stuff is a pretty good one, I would call out specifically the value of Hex for a rock build. Rocks and needles are the only ranged attacks that can benefit from Hex's resistance level drop for physical resistances. This can probably be wielded to devastating effect: If you can get it landing reliably (probably with the actual spell more than on-hit passives, but both is even better!) it'd be like playing a Fire/Ice/Elec single-target nuker squad, except anything not immune/resistant to Dark is weak to you. :D
Ferret

Postby Remora » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:44 am

Now this is just silly. This has been my best run in a couple weeks.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 9/19/2016, Scoring Model: 9/18/2016
Dump file created at: 10/15/2016 12:29:08 AM

Summoner Rattie...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Dark and Ice as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:10,
and is still alive!

Name : Rattie
Level: 13
MaxHP: 83

Strength: 4
Magic   : 95
Vitality: 4
Agility : 4
Cunning : 13

Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Vigor Siphon (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
2) Snuff Out (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Attempts to instantly kill the target (lower HP = higher chance, 0% chance until 30% of maximum HP, 100% chance at 20%). Cooldown: Dark (3))
3) Frost Ring (Type: Ice, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
4) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Relic Upgrades:
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of enemies on the map. Once a level is fully explored, may also reveal additional previously hidden enemies.)

Inventory:
2 Night rune
2 Flame glyph
1 Meteor rune
10 Pure stone
1 Guardian gem
1 Zephyr card
9 Heal stone
1 Curse rune
3 Chakra stone
3 Calm card
1 Frost glyph
3 Heal gem
1 Peace offering
2 Heart glyph
1 Bolt glyph
1 Trouble chime
1 Bronze offering

Current Credits: 5947

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Profane Huo shu
Level: 10
MaxHP: 63

Strength: 19
Magic   : 28
Cunning : 26

Resist: Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Dark Omen (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Pariah, causing the target's allies to take damage when the target does (excluding reactions).)
5) Wraith Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Psychic Huo shu
MaxHP: 49

Strength: 16
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 11
Agility : 10
Cunning : 25

Resist: Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Mind Blank (Type: Mind, 10 SP. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the target.)
5) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Holy Huo shu
MaxHP: 49

Strength: 16
Vitality: 11
Agility : 10
Cunning : 21

Resist: Fire Light

Abilities Known:
4) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
5) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Vile Huo shu
MaxHP: 65

Strength: 20
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 15

Resist: Fire Body

Abilities Known:
4) Vile Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
5) Numbing Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
7) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
8) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% if the damage dealt.)

Name : Lifegiver Huo shu
MaxHP: 72

Strength: 20
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 26
Cunning : 17

Abilities Known:
3) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
4) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
5) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
6) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
8) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)

Name : Charged Huo shu
MaxHP: 63

Strength: 19
Magic   : 30
Agility : 17
Cunning : 20

Resist: Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
4) Discharge (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets a random enemy. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
5) Storm Veil (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 4% chance to Shock the target, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
6) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
7) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Nero
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 17
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 30
Agility : 16
Cunning : 12

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ilomba
MaxHP: 38

Magic   : 11

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 65% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lilim
Level: 8
MaxHP: 53

Agility : 22

Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Blue Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Sleep, preventing the target from acting for several turns or until damaged. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
2) Leech Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
3) Dreamstalker (Type: Mind, Passive. Your attacks deal 50% more damage to and do not wake up Sleeping targets that have full HP.)
4) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 30% faster when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Aithir
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 8
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 16

Immune: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Fire Ice Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
2) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10, and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Vile Ala
Level: 13
MaxHP: 76

Strength: 10
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 27
Agility : 7
Cunning : 38

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Body Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% if the damage dealt.)
2) Stormwalk (Type: Electricity, 0 SP. Must target a Shocked character. Warps you adjacent to the target, and restores 20 of your SP. Free action. Cooldown: Charge (1))
3) Discharge (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets a random enemy. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
4) Full Power (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 200% of the original chance when your SP is 100 or higher. (This is checked before casting costs are deducted.))
5) Vile Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
6) Life Siphon (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Cynocephalus
Level: 9
MaxHP: 58

Strength: 25
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 19
Cunning : 16

Abilities Known:
1) Piercing Thrust (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only.)
2) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
3) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Earlier I was experimenting with echeneis-only parties, but to no avail. Turns out that huo shu is good for such a challenge, or at least until tuofei and bmola start to show up. Either that or this particular combo turned out to be what I needed. Nonetheless, I managed to kill nearly everything up to the ninth floor (ironically enough, there were a couple of the rats I forgot about on the second floor, but I wouldn't have been able to recruit them. Ludoc also spawned with a lifegiver huo shu that I sadly couldn't recruit). I didn't even have to run away much from Paracelsus to finish off his party; I think he had five or four demons left by the time I killed him, and they were all killed quickly. On that note, a couple of Ludoc's demons were charmed (like his aeras) upon defeat and I am not sure how that happened. I don't recall using a charm glyph at all this run.

The lifegiver huo shu is the first one, and it has died a couple times. It is good that they're cheap to revive, but it looks like I may be at the end of this run: my character is currently cornered by some bmola and tuofei and maybe if I wait long enough they will wander away to make it safe to leave, but who knows? They kill my rats INCREDIBLY quickly. I will only be able to revive them so many times, and this character surely wouldn't last long against them alone.

Anyway, I managed to get the last two recruits on the sixth floor thanks to enemy sense spawning some more of them alongside some ukobachs. Too bad I might not get to see much more of what they're capable of. I started getting some trouble on the seventh floor when angels start to show up, even though they're also easy to dispatch. I also got afraid on the eighth floor during an encounter with acheri and chindi. I didn't bother to take care of Turdak and his entourage on the next floor, and I decided to skip Anzu's sanctum. I also skipped the glitch sanctum, although I didn't have too much trouble killing the glitches encountered elsewhere in Anomaly.

I figure that there can be a way out of this situation (that little bronze offering could help), but it looks like it could require a ton of patience for an enemy to wander off to safely escape. Seriously. My character's just hiding there in a room at the end of a long bendy hallway and the enemies are merely chilling around the exterior corner. I used up three wind cards on the previous floors to escape from angels and a zagh (I didn't know they could spawn so early; at least this party is almost fit to kill them with ease), Turdak and the acheri, and centaurs (they do lots of damage to all of the rats in no time, and managed to kill one of them; I guess that's what I get for not having a dedicated tank).

I'd be impressed if I make it out of this.

EDIT: I did manage to escape from the dead end! I used a guardian gem right before entering the lot's LOS and the bronze offering on one of the tuofei. I also used a curse rune. All of the rats survived the battle. Too bad that not long afterwards I got cocky with another such bunch and it looked like they were focusing fire on my character. Oh well. I probably could have continued to use the heal stones/gems and it could have been averted. Either way, it was intense to win such a battle for me!
Remora

Postby Ferret » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:26 pm

:P Maybe we'll call this the Pied Piper conduct?

I haven't seen a run of this sort in awhile. :P A friend of mine who likes pugs keeps threatening to do an all Freybug run (in fact, said friend is why Freybugs are pugs in the first place), but he hasn't put his money where his mouth is yet. He did do an all Slime run once that got reasonably far. He had one Slime in particular he had named Gandalf, given a magic modifier too, and then taught all sorts of crazy nukes like Lightning Bolt and Fireball. :P (I tried to point out that Gandalf actually wasn't that sort of mage but to no avail. :P )

I'm surprised your other Echeneis-based build... let's call it fish sticks?... didn't work out though, they're one of the better early monsters. :D Huo Shu are solid too though, and do have the advantages of both almost completely balanced stats (useful when you're going to have to give all sorts of modifiers to a demon and have them be useful, since that's the only way to get multiple of the same demon) and starting with a high power dual-element attack. :D

Re: Ludoc's demons ending up charmed. When a summoner's relic explodes, it's a pretty traumatic experience for the demons that were stored in it. :D They often end up afflicted with a random Mind status condition, including Charm; that's what happened there. :)

:D For some reason that raccoon picture makes me laugh, though I am sorry the situation is so tense. :) Monster wandering behavior isn't actually very wandery... you may have to go fight them.

Oh, you already did. :D Hooray for the rat pack, boo for what happened afterward. :P Still an impressive run though, given the self-imposed restriction. :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion