YAVP: Titan's Fist, Slash and Electricity

The tower awaits!

Re: CiP: Titan's Fist, Slash and Electricity

Postby Ferret » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:00 am

Yeah... I could see where that might still happen. It's a tricky bit to write AI for.

I mean, I can see where some builds might happily plop their SP down to 0 Refreshing guys, even if they have an ability or two that needs SP and are simply choosing not to use them in favor of Refreshing.

Of course, one of the keys to trigger the AI Refreshing you is... not having enough SP to use all your abilities. :) Which is normally a great rule. :D But.. not always, as it turns out. Writing rules to try and figure out the player's intent based on their build/actions is always a tricky business, and in this case it may be effectively impossible to get it right.

So what I did do was add what should be a hard lock that won't allow the AI to give SP to someone who themselves gave SP away last turn... but extending that lock more than 1 turn starts to enter dangerous territory where the player may now, in what is a different situation 2+ turns later, really want that Gandayah to give the SP back. :P

All that said, your solution may actually be the best one: If you plan on funneling a lot of SP to a character, you probably should not let them have Refresh themselves (after all, if you really want the SP to go somewhere else, you could just send it yourself anyway.)
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:38 pm

ayayaya wrote:Consider deleting Refresh from your Gandayah. If you don't, your Gandayah will often Refresh you after you Refresh it, wasting of 10 SP for no benefit (since it costs 5 SP to cast Refresh). Teach Refresh to someone else if you want to hold on to it.

Thank you, good idea!

I think I will disband the Charged Peta (initially I wrote Pita :-)), I am afraid of monsters with electro attacks and they often have rElec themselves so electric attacks from my demons will be the least useful.
Sandman25

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:24 pm

I killed Artemis on T:5...
That's nasty, a pack of 2 Ukobach with Pink Wisper and 2 Huo Shi with Pink Wisper too, they charmed me for at least 3 turns. I unsummoned Gandayah with Calm because it was really low on life :(
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:30 pm

Oof. :( Fire heavy group gets Charm, and your Calm guy was weak to Fire. That is some weapons grade RNG evil right there. :(
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:01 pm

Yes, the game seems much harder than before. Also I don't remember guys with electric ranged attacks so early (I found two more such groups). It is a fun build when it works, those Blobs were killing themselves. But many fights are too dangerous despite my high Vitality (putting 1 Str, 4 Vit for several levels).
Got 2 more Veils, now I need about 400 credits to Soul Armour with that Kasha (4500 credits, that's expensive indeed), though perhaps I will get a new level in next fight:
I met Zajdi (hero with Regenerate, +50% SP regen and 85% melee attack for 10 SP), probably I will go for attack.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 8/3/2016, Scoring Model: 8/3/2016
Dump file created at: 9/10/2016 3:59:29 PM

Summoner SandmanXXV...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Slash and Electricity as their starting elements,
is currently at Anomaly:1,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : SandmanXXV
Level: 6
MaxHP: 70
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 22
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 36
Agility : 9
Cunning : 7

Resist: Body
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Slice (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)
3) Storm Veil (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 4% chance to Shock the target, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
7) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
8) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)

Inventory:
3 Chakra stone
3 Heal stone
2 Trouble chime
1 Frost rune
2 Pure stone
1 Heal gem
2 Zephyr card
1 Heart rune
1 Guardian gem
2 Silver offering
1 Pure gem

Current Credits: 4111

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
MaxHP: 59
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 13
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 26
Cunning : 9

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Fiery Huo shu
MaxHP: 53

Strength: 16
Magic   : 24
Vitality: 11
Agility : 13
Cunning : 16

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
5) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 19
Vitality: 33
Agility : 11
Cunning : 11

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Charged Kasha
Level: 4
MaxHP: 43

Strength: 8
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 10
Agility : 18

Resist: Fire Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
6) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Frigid Ukobach
Level: 3
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 5
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 8
Agility : 17
Cunning : 13

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Searing Touch (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Ice Breath (Type: Ice, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
6) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Blob
Level: 5
MaxHP: 55

Strength: 25
Vitality: 24
Agility : 10
Cunning : 10

Resist: Impact Electricity
Weak  : Fire Ice Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Nero
MaxHP: 50

Strength: 12
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 21
Agility : 12

Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Echeneis
Level: 4
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 11
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 20
Agility : 14

Resist: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Slime
MaxHP: 49

Strength: 20
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 20
Agility : 5
Cunning : 13

Weak  : Pierce Ice Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
3) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
4) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Charged Preta
MaxHP: 45

Strength: 9
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 7
Agility : 18

Resist: Electricity Body
Weak  : Fire Ice Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
4) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kasha

Strength: 10
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 13
Agility : 20
Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Artemis

Strength: 18
Agility : 25
Cunning : 15

Resist: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 50% accuracy.)
3) Vehemence (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Briefly raises accuracy and offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Hex (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 50% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Psychic Huo shu
Level: 1
MaxHP: 36

Magic   : 12
Agility : 7
Cunning : 17

Resist: Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Minor Pain (Type: Mind, 15 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
5) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Faerie

Strength: 6
Magic   : 19
Agility : 24
Cunning : 19

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 10 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Sandman25

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:18 pm

I think there is a bug, I was able to hire level 16 Shoggoth on Anomaly 3. I am level 8... :shock:
I sacrificed 2 allies, gave a healing stone and 25 HP, moved closer alone, that's still too cheap IMHO. Now I have Dazzling Veil and an ally with more HP than me and the ally resists Ice (I resist Fire/Elec/Dark/Light).

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 8/3/2016, Scoring Model: 8/3/2016
Dump file created at: 9/10/2016 7:22:18 PM

Summoner SandmanXXV...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Slash and Electricity as their starting elements,
is currently at Anomaly:3,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : SandmanXXV
Level: 8
MaxHP: 74

Strength: 24
Vitality: 44
Cunning : 7

Abilities Known:
1) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
2) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)
3) Storm Veil (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 4% chance to Shock the target, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
6) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
7) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
8) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)

Inventory:
2 Chakra stone
2 Trouble chime
1 Frost rune
2 Pure stone
1 Heal gem
2 Zephyr card
4 Heal stone
2 Heart rune
1 Guardian gem
2 Silver offering
1 Pure gem
1 Flame rune
1 Peace offering

Current Credits: 1466

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
Level: 7
MaxHP: 62
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 14
Magic   : 25
Vitality: 28

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Fiery Huo shu
MaxHP: 56

Strength: 17
Vitality: 12
Agility : 14

Resist: Fire

Abilities Known:
4) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
6) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 71

Strength: 21
Vitality: 35

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Frigid Ukobach
MaxHP: 48

Vitality: 9
Agility : 19

Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Searing Touch (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Ice Breath (Type: Ice, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
6) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Nero
MaxHP: 55

Strength: 13
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 23

Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shoggoth
Level: 16
MaxHP: 85

Strength: 37
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 37
Cunning : 26

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. 50% accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Kasha

Strength: 10
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 13

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Artemis

Strength: 18
Agility : 25
Cunning : 15

Resist: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 50% accuracy.)
3) Vehemence (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Briefly raises accuracy and offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Hex (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 50% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Psychic Huo shu
Level: 1
MaxHP: 36

Magic   : 12
Agility : 7

Resist: Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
4) Minor Pain (Type: Mind, 15 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
5) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Faerie

Magic   : 19
Agility : 24
Cunning : 19

Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 10 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Charged Kasha
MaxHP: 47

Strength: 8
Magic   : 20
Agility : 19

Abilities Known:
5) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
6) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Blob
MaxHP: 63

Strength: 28
Vitality: 28

Resist: Impact Electricity
Weak  : Fire Ice Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ruhin
MaxHP: 48

Magic   : 13
Vitality: 16
Agility : 21
Cunning : 24

Immune: Body

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:26 pm

That's no bug. :) Shoggoths have a very small chance to appear in the Anomaly. :D

Is it really too cheap? Sacrificing 2 allies is a big deal for most parties, I would expect, unless they're setup such that they usually have 1 or 2 "temporary" allies around. This is harder to do if you have the base 6 slots, and if you spent upgrade(s) on Capacity Up (which you did) in order to fix that, then I would argue you were just reaping the rewards of that choice. :D

There are other "rare spawns" like this running about too in other places, by the by, not just the Anomaly.

Worst case, think of it as Demon's version of finding a really good artifact really early. :D It won't happen every game, but it will make life a bit more exciting when it does. :D
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:36 am

I see, it is working as intended. Ok then, I am happy it is not a bug and I can continue playing ;)

I guess I should put points into Magic/Cunning, those veils can be useless soon. Agility is not used for veils because they always hit, right?
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:31 am

They'll never become entirely useless even with no Magic/Cunning: they'll just drop to around 75% effect. Not great, but you might be able to live with it if you really want to go full Vit or Str/Vit.

Agility is actually oddly unhelpful: not only do Veils not use it since they always hit, it will raise evasion and cause more attacks to miss you: misses don't trigger most veils. Though on the other hand, you can also use this to control the rate at which you take damage, making it easier for your healers to keep up, so maybe it isn't all bad?
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:47 am

75% is probably fine indeed. It explains why my Vitality does not help much vs those charm/ignite/poison attacks. I basically skipped turns when fighting with Blobs who had Poison Veil despite being resistant to Body as every my attack wasn't doing much damage but was increasing level of poison in my body, got to 2 levels before realizing it is a bad idea to keep attacking.

When I used Soul Armour on Kasha my HP went down from 74 to 70, do you use different HP factors for different starting relics? I mean if I was Orb of Power who took Soul Armour on level 5, would my HP go up instead? Or did I lose HP because I lost resistance to Body?

Very interesting build, quite powerful and with unique playstyle.
Sandman25

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion