Unloved Skills

The tower awaits!

Re: Unloved Skills

Postby Sandman25 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Ferret wrote:It's not such a crazy idea, but even if it was, you're always allowed to write it. :D

Ok, then there are some more ;)
I suspect different starting characters have different power so you might change starting credit based on how popular/powerful combo is.
Or just display "This combo has been won N times" so people can choose the easiest/hardest combo of a relic.
Similarly you can display "Paracelcius killed 85% of PC", "Faerie has been picked as starting demon for the combo in 15% games", "The Centaur quest has been failed in 45% cases" etc.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:44 am

Those sorts of stats *would* be pretty neat. :D I'll have to see how busy my friend who helps me with back-end database stuff is though. :P
Ferret

Postby geminimax » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:37 pm

The light and dark pure debuff abilities feel particularly underwhelming now that there are better ways to apply these debuffs to multiple enemies. Why would someone use weigh sin when you can just use humble with king's mien(both are accessible pretty early in the game)? Or why spend 40(?) sp in Reaper's Omen when you have agony + Fool's mien?

On a slightly different topic, i'm curious about why king's mien is on the early game light modifier, but fool's mien isn't in the dark one. I mean, i can see why fool's mien isn't available in the early game, but doesn't that make the dark start objectively superior to the light one?
geminimax

Postby Ferret » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:15 am

Better ways to apply to multiple enemies, sure. :) But what about difficult to stick to individual targets? :D You might land Guilt on a hero or a Light-resistant target with Humble + King's Mien. but you probably won't and that one shot is all that combo gets you. Also: Getting those reliable enough to stick with one shot on multiple targets will require a decent investment in Cunning, whereas you could use the single target versions with a bit less Cunning (sure they may miss now and then, but it isn't all or nothing either.) This is especially true of Fool's Mien, which is only 50/50 at 1/level Cunning.

For the first few floors, I would argue Light has the stronger start: Humble hits like a truck, and the very likely application of Guilt means your team will probably win against almost any other team. Agony is about 20% weaker, and Fool's Mien is both less reliable on hitting and less helpful very early on when you don't have lots of multi-target abilities to take advantage of all the Pariah with.

Longer term, yeah, you could argue Dark has the better deal since it has a harder to get ability... but 80%+ of games end during that period of advantage Light has, so the advantage there is of some note too. :)
Ferret

Previous

Return to General Discussion