CiP: Orb of Power, Buff and Defense

The tower awaits!

Re: CiP: Orb of Power, Buff and Defense

Postby wizzzargh » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:44 am

Well, if you can break line of sight (leaving behind some demons so you aren't pursued) you often can escape him and continue exploring- manually, of course. But sometimes positioning and the amount of the level you have explored means it's better to flee, that's all. I've had to flee floors because of simple things like Asrai/Faerie packs that I just wasn't equipped to handle, and Paracelsus tends to have a lot of weakness-exploiting demons so I find him hard to handle with most characters. Paracelsus isn't unkillable- he's just very dangerous, and his tendency to lurk in the back instead of charging out front means you might have to be a little reckless to finish him off.

Not sure how you think it's optimal to lose demons in fights, unless you mean 'let the demon you plan to replace die during a link for a new demon so you save 1 turn not having to unsummon it' but that's awfully specific...
wizzzargh

Postby Sandman25 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:15 am

wizzzargh wrote:Well, if you can break line of sight (leaving behind some demons so you aren't pursued) you often can escape him and continue exploring- manually, of course. But sometimes positioning and the amount of the level you have explored means it's better to flee, that's all. I've had to flee floors because of simple things like Asrai/Faerie packs that I just wasn't equipped to handle, and Paracelsus tends to have a lot of weakness-exploiting demons so I find him hard to handle with most characters. Paracelsus isn't unkillable- he's just very dangerous, and his tendency to lurk in the back instead of charging out front means you might have to be a little reckless to finish him off.

Not sure how you think it's optimal to lose demons in fights, unless you mean 'let the demon you plan to replace die during a link for a new demon so you save 1 turn not having to unsummon it' but that's awfully specific...

I see, I very rarely escape from those monsters, preferring to use some consumables instead. I should change that I guess.

I didn't mean that it is optimal to lose demons when you can win the fights without losses and consumables of course :) Being ready to lose demons means that you can engage and defeat more dangerous monsters (getting more XP for everyone) instead of retreating to next floor. Also it can save you consumables, healing potion, for example.
In Anomaly there were many monsters which I wanted to hire but I was reluctant/scared to activate the link (Gi, Chaos, that big monster with ranged electro attack) or failed it (Fotia) because I liked my current demons and didn't want to lose 2 demons at once.
Sandman25

Postby Sandman25 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:37 pm

Ok, I decided to try Centaur link since I was disappointed anyway. That was tough, spent all 3 healing stones and 2 healing gems and then ran out of monsters so I had to use the trouble rune. Amazingly I got 5 very easy monsters (4 red caps on Tower 7, really???), that was unexpected, I could have saved all those healing items if I knew about it :(
Disbanded Asrai to make the room :( There are so many good monsters everywhere and icon for transmutation is blinking attracting my attention that I have 3k currency and all I want is to quit the character. That's what you get for losing no demons ever :(
I guess I should start my own way of playing Demon. Wizzargh uses a single summon, I should never delete/lose any demons and just see how far I can get.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/3/2016, Scoring Model: 4/12/2016
Dump file created at: 6/12/2016 8:31:05 AM

Summoner BadPlayer...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Buff and Defense as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:7,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : BadPlayer
Level: 9
MaxHP: 86
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 4
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 55
Agility : 16
Cunning : 7

Resist: Mind Light
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)
2) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
3) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
7) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Inventory:
2 Pure gem
1 Heal gem
1 Calm card
1 Peace offering
2 Pure stone
1 Bolt rune

Current Credits: 3093

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Gandayah
Level: 8
MaxHP: 59
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 14
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 30
Agility : 12
Cunning : 12

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 75

Strength: 22
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 37
Agility : 12
Cunning : 12

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
8) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)

Name : Ukobach
MaxHP: 54

Strength: 10
Magic   : 24
Vitality: 10
Agility : 23
Cunning : 23

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Searing Touch (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Actaeon
MaxHP: 70

Strength: 27
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 20
Agility : 27
Cunning : 9

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
5) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
6) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kasha
Level: 7
MaxHP: 49

Strength: 12
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 15
Agility : 22
Cunning : 21

Resist: Fire Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Frigid Gremlin
MaxHP: 53

Strength: 9
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 18
Agility : 24
Cunning : 20

Resist: Ice Electricity
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Focusbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
3) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
4) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
5) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
6) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
7) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
8) ------------

Name : Nero
MaxHP: 61
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 10
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 28
Agility : 14
Cunning : 10

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Brutal Centaur
Level: 7
MaxHP: 61

Strength: 28
Magic   : 5
Vitality: 22
Agility : 21

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Needle Shot (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 30 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
5) Focusbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Faerie
Level: 3
MaxHP: 38

Strength: 5
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 6
Cunning : 16

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Fire Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Reduces Luck cooldown by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Preta
Level: 3
MaxHP: 42

Strength: 11
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 9
Agility : 16
Cunning : 20

Resist: Body
Weak  : Fire Ice Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Blessed Faerie
Level: 2
MaxHP: 40

Strength: 4
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 6
Agility : 20
Cunning : 15

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Fire Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Reduces Luck cooldown by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Malingee
Level: 4
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 26
Magic   : 5
Vitality: 11
Agility : 17
Cunning : 11

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Zar
Level: 4
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 11
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 11
Agility : 17
Cunning : 17

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ogre
Level: 6
MaxHP: 56

Strength: 26
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 25
Agility : 11

Resist: Body
Weak  : Fire Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Profane Red cap
MaxHP: 56

Strength: 17
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 15
Agility : 10
Cunning : 22

Resist: Body Dark
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Throw Rock (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (3))
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Bane (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must be used on a target weak to Dark. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (3))
6) Cull (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (3))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Asrai
MaxHP: 46

Strength: 6
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 8
Cunning : 16

Immune: Ice
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
4) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 5.)
5) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Sandman25

Postby wizzzargh » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:38 am

I should never delete/lose any demons and just see how far I can get.

This could actually be interesting... I imagine the very lategame floors would be very scary with such underlevelled demons, but I think it's definitely possible.
wizzzargh

Previous

Return to General Discussion