Random High Score list

The tower awaits!

Random High Score list

Postby LuckyLuckLuc » Fri May 27, 2016 9:25 pm

How about having multiple high score lists? I'm thinking one for anything goes and one for Random Skillset high score list

So this way you are forced to change builds for every cycle and get as far as you can with the skills that were dealt to you.
LuckyLuckLuc

Re: Random High Score list

Postby ayayaya » Sat May 28, 2016 12:12 am

I was thinking about something similar. Playing for score means spamming Orb of Power Buff is the best since, IMHO, that build is the most reliable for winning. That gets boring quickly.
DCSS's streaking system prevents repeated use of the same race and background. Something similar could be done with Demon where previous winning combinations in your streak can't be played again.
ayayaya

Postby Ferret » Sat May 28, 2016 4:05 pm

These are good ideas, and more attention to scoring is on the list... but I admit it isn't very high on the list just yet since there are main gameplay systems and a fair amount of content still not done. And I could fix Orb of Power maybe if SOMEONE would finally tell me their secret broken thing about Haste. :D
Ferret

Postby ayayaya » Mon May 30, 2016 9:20 pm

Haha. I guess I'll spill the beans. Haste exploit splits up enemies. Haste yourself, haste an enemy that doesn't have a gap closer, and run away, buffing yourself or the enemy whenever it runs out. This is super exploitable with summoners since you can lure summoners away from their demons and kill the summoners. (Though, oddly, when I tried this with Paracelsus, he didn't separate from his demons. Maybe this got fixed in the update that made a summoner's demons stick together after the summoner was killed.)

Tbh, Haste is so good that I didn't need to use that exploit in my last Orb of Power game. Haste is a steroid, gap closer, and escape all mixed into one ability. To balance it, Haste needs its SP increased by 5. With its current 35 SP cost, I can Haste myself and two allies and have some SP to spare for Might. A higher SP cost would force me to be more careful with who I buff.
ayayaya

Return to General Discussion