Yet Another Victory Spamming Thread

The tower awaits!

Yet Another Victory Spamming Thread

Postby ayayaya » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:10 pm

Might as well post my first win that turned into a 3 cycle run before the next patch.

I got the idea for this run's build when thinking about how a pacifist run would work. The theme is simple: Run away from anything dangerous. Naturally, I picked Orb of Power and Buff/Defense for all 3 cycles so I could start off with Haste. The end goal build was to have something like:

Haste
Might
Swiftness
Dash
*Defensive passive (Triad Ward, Block Physical)
*Defensive passive or Rabblerouser
*SP regen/reduction passive (Tireless, Vigorous, Blessweaver)
*SP regen/reduction passive

Since Haste and Might drain so much SP, there was no reason for me to get other actives, freeing up all my stat points to go into Vitality. My starting demon was either a Goblin, Redcap, or Malingee; the first two to get dash very fast, and the Malingee if I felt delaying dash was fine.

Overall, I was pleased by the build's success. Yes, after casting all my buffs on allies, I didn't contribute much else during fights, but my empowered allies wiped out the opposition. That's not to say the fights were boring since I always had to pick between buffing myself with Haste at the start of fights to get my buffs out faster and not buffing myself. In the cycle when I had Rabblerouser, I also had the option of buffing an already buffed demon to grant it a free action.

Regardless of the buffs, the strongest aspect of my build was the ability to disengage. The moment the situation turned the slightest bit hairy, I popped haste and dashed away. The times the tactic failed were against enemies equipped with Bull Rush/Pounce or casted negative statuses like Yellow Whisper, but my 100+ Vitality with 50%+ advantage against debuffs mitigated that.

Does the build need a nerf? I don't think so. I was really weak early on (I died on cycle 3 in Tower 1.5), and, because of the many dead ends in the dungeon, I couldn't always run. It also takes loads of SP and two turns to self Haste and Dash. It would be interesting if an anti-buff ability were introduced, but that ability would need to have other uses to keep it from being too situational. A suggestion: Angelic Purge (Type: Light, 20 SP. All debuffs and buffs are removed from both enemies and allies and applied to the user. Cooldown: Light (7))

Morgues:
Cycle 1
Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 3/23/2016, Scoring Model: 2/3/2016
Dump file created at: 4/7/2016 9:34:17 PM

Summoner ayayaya...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Buff and Defense as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:20,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : Ayayaya
Level: 19
MaxHP: 142
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 9
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 105
Agility : 11
Cunning : 7

Resist: Mind Light
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)
2) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
3) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
7) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))

Inventory:
2 Trouble chime
3 Heart rune
2 Guardian gem
1 Wind card
6 Pure gem
1 Curse rune
2 Orange essence
7 Heal stone
1 Zephyr card
9 Pure stone
5 Chakra gem
1 Pain rune
1 Gold matrix
2 Peace offering
1 White essence
1 Student's tome
2 Chakra stone
1 Purple essence
1 Spirit chime
1 Venom rune
1 Heal gem

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Lifebender Nero
Level: 16
MaxHP: 102
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 12
Magic   : 45
Vitality: 45
Agility : 16
Cunning : 12

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
4) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Life Siphon (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
8) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))

Name : Solid Akateko
Level: 18
MaxHP: 87

Magic   : 34
Vitality: 43
Agility : 41
Cunning : 13

Immune: Body
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% if the damage dealt.)
2) Wraith Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
6) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (6))

Name : Corrupt Druj nasu
MaxHP: 97

Magic   : 36
Vitality: 27
Agility : 9
Cunning : 59

Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
2) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 25 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times). Can't miss.)
3) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 70% chance to Infect an enemy near the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Filth Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Infect adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
5) Arrest Host (Type: Body, 35 SP. 35% chance to cause Paralysis, causing the targets to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
7) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
8) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)

Name : Corrupt Raiju
Level: 17
MaxHP: 75

Strength: 8
Magic   : 49
Vitality: 13
Agility : 30
Cunning : 35

Immune: Electricity Body
Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
4) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Has an 8% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
5) Holy Word (Type: Light, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (8))
6) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
7) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
8) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)

Name : Pele
MaxHP: 98

Strength: 14
Magic   : 59
Vitality: 26
Agility : 26
Cunning : 20

Immune: Fire
Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))

Name : Warded Mananangal
MaxHP: 104

Magic   : 33
Vitality: 35
Agility : 35
Cunning : 33

Immune: Dark
Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Must be used on a target with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (3))
4) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Dark attacks on targets that have a negative status effect have a 35% chance to inflict Hex, which reduces physical resistances and physical damage dealt.)
5) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
6) Eternal Glory (Type: Healing, Passive. Fully restores HP when HP reaches 0. Cannot be discarded when on cooldown. Cooldown: Soul (90))
7) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
8) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

Name : Kuchisake
Level: 20
MaxHP: 94

Strength: 30
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 33
Agility : 33
Cunning : 39

Resist: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 50% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (14))
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 50% faster when your HP is at 50% or less of maximum.)
5) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
6) ------------
7) ------------

Name : Shojo
Level: 22
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 39
Magic   : 35
Vitality: 39
Agility : 12
Cunning : 35

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Life Bloom (Type: Healing, 30 SP. Only affects characters with the Regeneration effect. 105 Power heal.)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Envenom (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Kasha
Level: 5
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 10
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 13
Agility : 20
Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Mind Blank (Type: Mind, 10 SP. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the target.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Vikhor
Level: 8
MaxHP: 51

Strength: 14
Vitality: 14
Agility : 30

Resist: Ice Electricity Mind
Weak  : Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Cleave (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
6) Parry (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to parry Melee and Direct range Slash, Impact, and Pierce abilities if your last used ability was also such.)
7) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)
8) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)

Name : Charged Chaos
Level: 8
MaxHP: 63

Magic   : 32
Vitality: 21
Agility : 14

Immune: Mind
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Life Siphon (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Storm Heart (Type: Electricity, Passive. If you used an Electricity ability last turn, reduces the SP cost of Electricity abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Python
Level: 10
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 34
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 34
Agility : 6

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity Body
Weak  : Fire Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Brain Knocker (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 50% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to delay the next turn of the target.)
3) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
6) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
7) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
8) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))

Name : Lifebender Kasha
Level: 4
MaxHP: 47

Magic   : 17
Vitality: 17
Agility : 15

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Frigid Fotia
Level: 13
MaxHP: 76

Strength: 7
Magic   : 43
Vitality: 12
Agility : 23
Cunning : 30

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fan Flames (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Must target an Ignited character. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target for an unusually long duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
5) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
8) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)

Name : Miodchaoin
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 43
Vitality: 42
Agility : 15
Cunning : 15

Resist: Body
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
2) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
3) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
4) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
5) Mighty Roar (Type: Impact, 40 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (8))
6) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
7) Parry (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to parry Melee and Direct range Slash, Impact, and Pierce abilities if your last used ability was also such.)
8) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)

Name : Holy Chindi
Level: 14
MaxHP: 74

Magic   : 37
Vitality: 19
Agility : 19
Cunning : 37

Resist: Slash Pierce Ice Light Dark
Weak  : Impact Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Vile Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
2) Snuff Out (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Attempts to instantly kill the target (lower HP = higher chance, 0% chance until 30% of maximum HP, 100% chance at 20%). Cooldown: Dark (3))
3) Holy Word (Type: Light, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (8))
4) Exorcist's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light attacks gain two 50% chances to delay the next turn of targets weak to Light.)
5) Mind Blank (Type: Mind, 10 SP. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the target.)
6) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 15 (to a minimum of 0), and you ignore and no longer receive Light and Dark cooldowns.)
7) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
8) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)

Cycle 2:
Demon Party Dump File
Version 3/23/2016, Scoring Model: 2/3/2016
Dump file created at: 4/9/2016 4:11:21 PM

Summoner ayayaya...
selected Buff and Defense as their starting elements,
and is still alive!

Level: 23
MaxHP: 164

Strength: 4
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 125
Agility : 11
Cunning : 12

Abilities Known:
3) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
6) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
7) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Inventory:
1 Frost rune
1 Venom rune
2 Night rune
1 Flame rune
5 Heal gem
1 Trouble chime
2 Mind matrix
8 Heal stone
1 Pure gem
2 Wind card
9 Pure stone
1 Gold offering
2 Chakra gem
1 Spirit chime
2 Peace offering
1 Pain rune
1 Meteor rune
1 Silver offering
1 Red essence
1 Zephyr card

Name : Artemis
MaxHP: 95

Strength: 33
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 18
Agility : 48
Cunning : 23

Resist: Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 50% accuracy.)
3) Vehemence (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Briefly raises accuracy and offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Hex (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 50% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)
8) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)

Name : Blessed Nero
MaxHP: 104

Strength: 16
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 41
Agility : 21
Cunning : 16

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Rousing Cry (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Accelerates the next turn of all nearby allies who aren't Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping. Cooldown: Presence (10))
8) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (6))

Name : Python
MaxHP: 110

Strength: 48
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 48
Agility : 8
Cunning : 25

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity Body

Abilities Known:
1) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
3) Brain Knocker (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 50% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to delay the next turn of the target.)
4) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)

Name : Ionic Akateko
Level: 21
MaxHP: 86

Magic   : 55
Vitality: 25
Agility : 44
Cunning : 21

Immune: Electricity Body

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% if the damage dealt.)
2) Wraith Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Has an 8% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
5) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
6) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
7) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)
8) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)

Name : Charged Atua
MaxHP: 92

Strength: 20
Magic   : 34
Cunning : 42

Resist: Electricity Body Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Madness Gaze (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (10))
2) Witch Cut (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)
3) Autoantipathy (Type: Mind, 5 SP. Must be used on a Panicked target. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Storm Breath (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (8))
5) Storm Heart (Type: Electricity, Passive. If you used an Electricity ability last turn, reduces the SP cost of Electricity abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

Name : Holy Banshee
MaxHP: 91

Magic   : 63
Vitality: 20
Cunning : 47

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Ice Light
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
2) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
3) Share Pain (Type: Mind, Passive. Your Mind attacks deal 0-50% more damage based on your current health (less health = more damage).)
4) Holy Word (Type: Light, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (8))
5) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
8) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 15 (to a minimum of 0), and you ignore and no longer receive Light and Dark cooldowns.)

MaxHP: 103

Strength: 15
Vitality: 28
Agility : 28

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
7) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)

Name : Foul Barbegazi
MaxHP: 108

Magic   : 38
Vitality: 37
Agility : 17
Cunning : 48

Immune: Ice
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Cyropulse (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Frost Armor (Type: Ice, Passive. When your last action was an Ice ability, you have 25% improved defense.)
3) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Hinder Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
6) Vitiate (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense and evasion by 20%.)
7) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Must be used on a target weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))

Name : Slime
Level: 3
MaxHP: 49

Strength: 20
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 20
Agility : 5

Weak  : Pierce Ice Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
3) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
4) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
5) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Angel
Level: 13
MaxHP: 68

Magic   : 40
Vitality: 25
Agility : 25
Cunning : 9

Immune: Light
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 15 SP. Must target a character whose last action was a damaging ability. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
2) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 15 (to a minimum of 0), and you ignore and no longer receive Light and Dark cooldowns.)
8) ------------

Name : Scarab
MaxHP: 66

Vitality: 42
Agility : 42
Cunning : 15

Immune: Light Dark
Resist: Slash Pierce
Weak  : Impact

Abilities Known:
1) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
2) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Raiju
MaxHP: 61

Magic   : 39
Vitality: 14
Agility : 34
Cunning : 24

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
6) ------------

Not gonna post cycle 3 since it was an early splat from Will-o-Wisps.

A few quality of life suggestions:
1. Make resting be almost instant in real time. IMO, waiting takes a bit too long.
2. When an enemy summoner is killed, make their surviving demons travel as a group. It's annoying hunting down every single one.
3. When an enemy summoner's demons gets split up with their summoner (e.g. when walking around a large obstacle, a demon goes around one way when everyone else goes around another), encourage the enemy summoner to desummon those demons. Some encounters were trivialized when this splitting up happened since I could kill the undefended summoner.

And a few gameplay ideas:
1. A unique encounter with a pair of twin summoners (Gemini?). Each summoner has three strong demons.
2. A new portal leading to the Balcony, a balcony attached to the side of the Tower. Filled with flying demons.
3. Abilities that encourage the player to invest in both Strength and Magic. Abilities like Avalanche don't count since the player will still just max either Strength or Magic but not both.
4. Black essence: Like other essence items but raises the player's lowest stat by 10. Could lead to players switching up their build if found early enough.
5. Something to discourage players from skilling a single stat. I mean, there's nothing inherently wrong with this, but it seems like most winning builds skill one stat.
6. A new event during negotiation: The demon asks if you could take in its friend (friend being a nearby enemy demon of a different type) as well. If you accept, you must get rid of one of your current demons. +2 affection if accepted. -2 if declined.
ayayaya

oo

Postby Ferret » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Oh hey. :D Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the double win. :D

Yeah, I'm not toooo worried about disengagement as a strategy, mostly because it will get harder as the content gets more filled out. By Tower:20, most player characters would be around Level 24-26 or so in the current content, but your first run at least was only 19. If that behind-the-curveness had continued onto the future content, falling further and further behind the XP curve, the danger level for any disengagement failures would continue to climb and climb.

It also results in lower score wins, though I suppose that isn't a problem if it helps you chain more wins together in a single game. :D

The ability suggestion isn't a bad one, but it might trip over one of Demon's design limitations: the AI has to be able to make the right call on an ability too, which becomes much more difficult if the ability has a mixed +/- result. i.e.: Is it worth removing +DEF from one ally to remove +EVD from three enemies? The current rule is that the AI never, ever takes action that hurts its own team, even a little, even if there would be significant gains in the process, but I'd need to relax that a bit if I started adding +/- abilities.

Still, I may do it one day. :) I just haven't got the AI tech for it atm though.

QoL suggestions:
1) I'll see if I can do anything to speed up resting. :) Haven't looked at it before, so there's at least a chance. :D
2) If they don't do this is a bug. Will investigate and see what I find. :)
3) The general idea is good, but if this is happening to summoners sometimes, it can also be happening to other groups. I'll need to poke at a more general solution.

Gameplay ideas:
1) 2 summoners at once could be rough, even with only 3 demons each, but it'd be neat for a post-game encounter maybe. :D
2) :D http://i.imgur.com/2j7wODq.png
3) I'll need to come up with enough abilities to justify the investment and add them all in at once, but I like this idea. :D
4) Hmm... maybe, but I feel like more often than not it wouldn't be too great (especially if it raises Strength or Magic for a build that's gone the entire other way) Could turn it into a potion of respec maybe: reallocate all of your stat points, or at least some of them? That could be useful to almost anyone, since even the most focused starting builds usually have 4s in their dump stats still. :D Not that that helps with your next point any. :D
5) I have thought about adding diminishing returns on stats so that players have more "normal" builds... but on the other hand, focused builds are one of the advantages of being a summoner: most demons have their stats fairly pancaked.
6) A sacrifice request with a silver lining hmm? :) Could be neat, but I might save it for when reputation is (finally) in and make it a variant of sacrifice that can occur when you have high reputation (or at least when the demon thinks you do.)

Thanks for the game report write up and the suggestions. :D Congrats again on the double win. :)
Ferret

Re: Yet Another Victory Spamming Thread

Postby wizzzargh » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:48 pm

Neat, I think this is the first max Vitality win I've seen- and two of them to boot!

Double summoner sounds like a hilariously vicious idea to me and I support it wholeheartedly.
wizzzargh

Postby Sandman25 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:08 am

wizzzargh wrote:Double summoner sounds like a hilariously vicious idea to me and I support it wholeheartedly.

Now I am sure some players would enjoy hard mode, especially if the same players tried to win with just 1 demon summoned the whole game ;)
Sandman25

Postby ayayaya » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:55 pm

It turns out the old 4/12 build is beatable!

The high ability costs made the game especially challenging, but I eked out a win! Here is what I noticed in while playing the 4/12 version:

1. I had enough credits to copy an average of two abilities to each demon I got and no more. In fact, among the demons in my final party, only the Hulking Eloko had 100% filled ability slots. By the time I got to the teens of the Tower levels, I could tell my team was noticeably weaker.

2. I linked with, copied, and released a lot of demons if they had an ability I wanted. This is much easier than in the old system, where I had to get enough training points before that could happen.

3. Acquiring unmodified demons was a bad idea in the upper floors. Since unmodified demons normally have 3-5 abilities, getting them to the power level of their 6-7 ability peers was cost prohibitive. I was happy to take in modified demons and uniques since their default toolset is good enough. Summoners were a gold mine for demons. The extra abilities those demons had were especially valuable, even if they weren't the most useful, because something is better than nothing. (e.g. Artic Veil on my Easg Saint).

4. In 4/12 version, upper floors are basically impossible. At around around Tower:17, I hit a ceiling in power when I encountered multiple packs of Archangels and Priests. The only dark ability I had was Wraith Touch on an Akateko. Not good enough. So I ran, and my downward spiral began. Because copying costed too much, my demons were underpowered. Because my demons were underpowered, I ran from fights. Because I ran from fights, I earned few credits and experience.
I skipped as much of Tower 18-20 as I could, but the game felt determined to throw as many nasty foes at me as possible. I encountered Phoenix on Tower:18? with a pack of Archangels who all had Eternal Glory. I was tempted to use my gold offering to nab the Phoenix, but I felt that Pele covered me well enough in the fire department. Which was a good decision, since I found myself in a Tower:19 hallway with 4 Sainted Cherufe on one side and a hero unique (forgot his name) on the other. The gold offering granted me a Sainted Chreufe, and I wind carded away to safety. Tower:20 was luckily uneventful aside from a failed negotiation with a Vampire. What a gentleman of a demon.

5. Speedrunning the game at level of 1 is theoretically possible. In my ten or so attempts, I got to Tower:11 once and Tower:12 once. Assuming clearing Tower:12-20 has a 1% chance rate, speedrunning with optimal play has a .2% success rate. One neat trick I discovered (that roguelike developers hate!) was Preta linking. Since linking with a Preta allows you to see the nearest enemy, 1 Preta = enemy detection system for 125 turns. Great for super squishy players. You can do this with other demons, but Pretas are the least dangerous. I also had fun forcing packs of Akateko into civil wars; link with an Akateko, let it die, and repeat until only one is still alive. I imagine this won't work quite as well when a reputation system is put in place.

6. I discovered a hilarious exploit with Haste. Not going to share what it is yet since I want to abuse it some more.

Morgue:
Demon Party Dump File
Version 4/12/2016, Scoring Model: 4/12/2016
Dump file created at: 4/24/2016 1:48:59 AM

Summoner ayayaya...
selected Buff and Movement as their starting elements,
and is still alive!

MaxHP: 151

Strength: 4
Magic   : 27
Vitality: 112
Agility : 9
Cunning : 8

Abilities Known:
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
5) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
6) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)

Inventory:
3 Chakra gem
1 Heart rune
2 Calm card
1 Night rune
2 Pure stone
6 Heal gem
2 Blizzard rune
3 Frost rune
5 Chakra stone
4 Heal stone
1 Venom rune
1 Pure gem
1 Might gem

Name : Hulking Eloko
MaxHP: 106

Strength: 47
Magic   : 16
Agility : 23
Cunning : 29

Resist: Electricity Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
2) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Focusbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
6) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
7) Brain Knocker (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 50% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to delay the next turn of the target.)
8) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)

MaxHP: 103

Vitality: 28

Abilities Known:
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Vishap

Strength: 28
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 34
Cunning : 31

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Body

Abilities Known:
1) Shock Arrow (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Storm Breath (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (8))
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead.)
5) Wraith Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ben nefilin

Magic   : 44
Vitality: 31
Cunning : 44

Resist: Slash Body Dark
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Mind Blast (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
2) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
3) Body Lock (Type: Body, 30 SP. 50% chance to cause Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
4) Life Siphon (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
5) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ninkasi

Strength: 18
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 31
Agility : 40
Cunning : 40

Resist: Ice Body Mind
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (10))
6) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 30% faster when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
7) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
8) ------------

Name : Unicorn

Strength: 27
Magic   : 42
Vitality: 30
Agility : 27
Cunning : 24

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
6) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shoggoth

Strength: 36
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 45
Agility : 27
Cunning : 30

Resist: Impact Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. 50% accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
6) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Sainted Cherufe
MaxHP: 99

Strength: 18
Magic   : 52
Vitality: 36
Agility : 10

Immune: Fire Light
Resist: Slash Impact Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Burning Star (Type: Fire, 35 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
2) Meltdown (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Only affects Ignited characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Ember Heart (Type: Fire, Passive. If you used a Fire ability last turn, reduces the SP cost of Fire abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
6) Exorcist's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light attacks gain two 50% chances to delay the next turn of targets weak to Light.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Chaos
MaxHP: 80

Strength: 17
Magic   : 35
Agility : 17

Immune: Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Life Siphon (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Emit Sparks (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. Targets up to 3 random enemies. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
5) Fan Flames (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Must target an Ignited character. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target for an unusually long duration. Cannot miss.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Cursed Faerie
Level: 12
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 7
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 9

Weak  : Fire Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Reduces Luck cooldown by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
5) Weaken (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
6) Madness Gaze (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (10))
7) Autoantipathy (Type: Mind, 5 SP. Must be used on a Panicked target. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)

Name : Mananangal
MaxHP: 83

Strength: 11
Magic   : 40
Vitality: 16
Agility : 34
Cunning : 39

Immune: Dark
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Must be used on a target with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (3))
4) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Dark attacks on targets that have a negative status effect have a 35% chance to inflict Hex, which reduces physical resistances and physical damage dealt.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Fiery Nero
MaxHP: 89

Magic   : 43
Vitality: 29

Abilities Known:
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
6) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
7) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

Name : Shoggoth
MaxHP: 96

Strength: 35
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 44
Cunning : 29

Resist: Impact Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. 50% accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kuchisake
MaxHP: 92

Strength: 29
Vitality: 32
Agility : 32
Cunning : 38

Abilities Known:
1) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 50% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (14))
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 50% faster when your HP is at 50% or less of maximum.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Polong
MaxHP: 90

Agility : 31
Cunning : 50

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Major Pain (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has two 70% chances to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Wither (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense and accuracy by 20%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Akateko
MaxHP: 75

Strength: 11
Vitality: 29
Agility : 44
Cunning : 17

Abilities Known:
5) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
6) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) ------------
8) ------------

A few bugs I found (could have been already fixed, but I'll report it anyway): when fighting Adria, I got the messages:
"Adria prays quietly.
Adria s!"

When I was linked with a Malingee, my Echeneis refused to use Chilling Touch. Maybe it's because the Malingee was charmed the whole time?

By the way, is ignite damage randomized? I had an ignited character take a step and received 2 damage. Since I had 3 HP left, I decided to take another but got killed by the next instance. That death especially stung since I had several great demons and had 8000 credits banked.
ayayaya

Postby Ferret » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:27 am

Congrats on the 4/12 win. :D

Responding to your comments/feedback:

1. Yeahhhh. 4/12 was too mean on this point. Granted, I didn't want abilities being copied about willy nilly, but it wasn't expected that you'd not be able to have at least few favorites that were fully stocked. That said, 4/12 *was* a pretty close shot, 4/20 isn't that far from it and seems to be pretty good. :D

2. Catch-and-release is a funny thing. I thought it would bug me... and, maybe if it'd been first it would have... but I like it far better than players being forced to hang on to a demon for no reason other than to copy its abilities. Stable space is too dear for that, and it starts to resemble inventory management in a not awesome sort of way. Catch-and-release works fine as it turns out, now that there's another limit on copying anyway. :D

3. I'd be a happy FerretDev if the first half (modifieds and uniques only) is no longer true and the second half (Summoners are awesome opportunities) is still true, in 4/20. :D

4. Yeah, I saw this in your score there, you won, but your score was less than a game that ended on T:18. :P Mean ability copy costs were mean. Antoria was probably the Tower:19 hero. Not many reports about him since he's so high up, so I have only a vague idea how scary he is/isn't in the field, but his ability list is meant to be devastating. :D Running from him would be fair idea under any circumstances. :P

5. We'll see. :D I admit, reputation's still a low priority for now. It's cute, but its impact will be fairly limited under the current design spec, which probably means I'll keep putting it off until I have an interesting direction to go with it. :P

6. BOO :P Bad you, bad. :P

Bug 1: I'll double check, but hopefully this was fixed in 4/20 when I fixed the other Quiet Prayer bug.

Bug 2: Hmm.. interesting. I'll try to repo this. :) Thanks for the extra-specific report. :D

Ignite: Not randomized... but the damage actually is calculated per individual clock tick, adding up the fractions until they reach 1, then applying the 1 damage. If it takes 4 clock ticks to reach 1.0, you might take 2 one round and 3 on another. This also means if you are Hasted, you will appear to take less damage per round, and if you are slowed (or staggered) you will appear to take more damage per round.

Congrats again on the win. :P Even if you are holding out on me. :P
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:45 am

Neat, glad to hear 4/12 has been conquered. The level 1 speedruns also are pretty impressive, though I don't think I'd enjoy them myself...
wizzzargh

Postby ayayaya » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:35 pm

4/20 is definitely a lot more fun!

A part of me is slightly disappointed that most of the score is determined by experience rather than winning the game. Darn roguelike developer making me play the game the way it was meant to be played!

Yup, Antoria was that unique. I can hardly fathom how anyone could beat him. Speaking of uniques, I found Adria to be underwhelming. Seeing her mass Pariah and mass Agony abilities gave me a flashback to the time my demons were instantly wiped out when they were Pariahed and Burning Starred, and I got really nervous. Sadly, she didn't meet my expectations. Only one of my demons got Pariahed, and the mass Agony tickled. Is her Magic or Cunning low? Might need a boost.

That picture of a Freybug is pretty cute.

A possible bug: I had these messages appear while starting to rest:

"You feel on the verge of death!
You are no longer on fire."

I had 21/52 HP while ignited when I started resting and dropped to 20, which is clearly not on the verge of death. Is the "You feel on the verge of death!" message supposed to appear under these circumstances?

@wizzzargh: Yeah, level 1 speedrunning is a pain. Playing with a low success rate is not fun, especially when you need to be lucky and get lots of gold offerings and wind cards to have a chance at winning.
ayayaya

Postby Ferret » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Winning isn't worth anything at the moment because all it involves is stepping into a portal. :P Once there's an actual end-game, winning will probably be worth something extra. :D

Antoria's best handled with physical ranged attackers (who won't trigger Veils), or Light/Dark magic. His weakness to Light is of particular interest: if you can manage to keep him Muted most of the fight, things go much, much easier. That said, he still has Heroic Resistance, and his Vitality is high, if you're going to try Mute, you probably want at least two demons capable of spamming attempts at it. Non-Light/Dark status effects are probably hopeless, between his resistances, Vitality and Heroic Resistance, most of these will be lucky to have > 10% chance to land.

Adria can be a bit hit or miss compared to most heroes. She can be nightmarish for some groups, others have very little trouble with her. I've never been able to get her quite where I want her. She has some kills, she just doesn't pose a consistent threat across the board.

Those are correct circumstances for the verge of death messaging: it is meant to be a bit trigger happy. :) You basically get the message if you're affected by a damage over time effect, have lowish HP, and attempt to perform automated behavior of any kind. Since remaining duration of debuffs isn't "known" information for characters, it always worst-cases it: that way the presence/absence of the warning isn't telling you anything about the remaining duration of the Ignite or Poison triggering it.
Ferret

Postby LuckyLuckLuc » Fri May 20, 2016 10:16 pm

Noticed you mentioned your keeping track of kills/deaths and from what creature. Any chance you can post top 5 killers at the moment? I'm curious
LuckyLuckLuc

Next

Return to General Discussion