YASD: Orb of Power, Fire and Fire

The tower awaits!

Re: CiP: Orb of Power, Fire and Fire

Postby Shadowdweller » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:42 am

That thing has pretty damn nice cunning, so it might make a good replacement for Atua as well - provided you're not relying on Atua's resistances. Would be a good candidate for a Whispers skill (if you feel like swapping out the cries, since they're all presence) or Atua's Hexing strike.
Shadowdweller

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:43 am

Ferret wrote:It definitely looks fun to me. :) Usually when I'm doing recruiting, I try to replace departing demons with similar ones. For example, Chachapuma is kind of Ogre-like: They're both big, burly melee units.

That would make Nero the likely replacement for the Hob, following my strategy.

Yes, I was going to dismiss Ogre, just wanted a second opinion.
I am not sure about Nero, it's my only source of regenerate and it's a great healer, sometimes I do need healers.

Replacing demons with newer ones is generally good since demons level slower and slower the further from their starting level they get.

Why is that? Did you want to encourage players to replace them? Monster generation is a bit weird IMHO, I saw XL 2 (two) demons in Turdak's Sanctum and here I see XL 12-13 demons. Maybe it is intended, I don't know ;)
Sandman25

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:45 am

Shadowdweller wrote:That thing has pretty damn nice cunning, so it might make a good replacement for Atua as well - provided you're not relying on Atua's resistances. Would be a good candidate for a Whispers skill (if you feel like swapping out the cries, since they're all presence) or Atua's Hexing strike.

I wanted to let Atua train Witch Cut to my melee demons, is it a bad idea? If not, then I cannot dismiss Atua now.
Sandman25

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:16 pm

Ferret, I am a bad player. I didn't notice that Hobs had healing (2 types of healing even) so I failed quest with Chachapuma :(
I sacrificed both Ogre and Holy Acheri while negotiating with the Hob.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:19 pm

Sandman25 wrote:Why is that? Did you want to encourage players to replace them? Monster generation is a bit weird IMHO, I saw XL 2 (two) demons in Turdak's Sanctum and here I see XL 12-13 demons. Maybe it is intended, I don't know ;)

Yep, that's exactly the idea. It's quite possible (and acceptable) to find a randomly modified demon, or a Unique, or a custom made monster of your own that is Ridiculously Overpoweringly Good. Which, I don't mind...

...so long as it eventually has to go away. :) This mechanic is how that happens. It spares me having to balance everything about demon progression and generation to within a fine hair, because of something a little overpowered does pop out, it will eventually go away even with perfect play due to the leveling slowdown.

Low level demons showing up late in the Tower is intended and fine, though. I like keeping the variety of demons encountered high, so I'm happy to re-use lower ones when they can still be useful in encounters. :D
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:40 pm

I don't realize why I died. I killed a summoner, then negotiated with Zar, then used bronze offering on adjacent Rohin and next turn I died :(
Maybe there should be a way to see it in message log or final dump, I don't know.

My problems started with failing Akateco quest due to some pesky monsters with Charm abilities, I lost Miodchaoin/Echeneis, having just 5 demons instead of 8 was a disaster. So I disagree that it is easy to get back into game after losing many demons.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 2/12/2016, Scoring Model: 2/3/2016
Dump file created at: 2/13/2016 10:35:15 AM

Summoner SandmanXXV...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Fire and Fire as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:11,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : SandmanXXV
Level: 12
MaxHP: 76
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 4
Magic   : 57
Vitality: 4
Agility : 20
Cunning : 30

Resist: Fire Mind
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Orb (Type: Fire, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
4) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
6) Auraward (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Fire, Electricity, or Ice ability, you gain Resist against all three of these types.)
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Inventory:
3 Bolt rune
1 Night rune
1 Pure gem
2 Trouble chime
2 Silver matrix
1 Pure stone

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Holy Fotia
Level: 11
MaxHP: 64
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 6
Magic   : 38
Vitality: 6
Agility : 17
Cunning : 38

Immune: Fire
Resist: Light
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Fan Flames (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Must target an Ignited character. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target for an unusually long duration. Cannot miss.)
4) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
6) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Must be used on a target weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
7) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 15 (to a minimum of 0), and you ignore and no longer receive Light and Dark cooldowns.)
8) Blue Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Sleep, preventing the target from acting for several turns or until damaged. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))

Name : Vile Nero
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 10
Magic   : 36
Vitality: 26
Agility : 13
Cunning : 20

Resist: Fire Ice Body
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Vile Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
6) Leech Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
7) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
8) Blue Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Sleep, preventing the target from acting for several turns or until damaged. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))

Name : Fiery Turdak
Level: 14
MaxHP: 77

Strength: 20
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 19
Agility : 28
Cunning : 24

Immune: Body Dark
Resist: Pierce Fire Ice
Weak  : Impact Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
2) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
3) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
4) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
5) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
6) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Witch Cut (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)

Name : Atua
MaxHP: 64

Strength: 19
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 16
Agility : 19
Cunning : 34

Resist: Body Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Madness Gaze (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (10))
3) Witch Cut (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)
4) Autoantipathy (Type: Mind, 5 SP. Must be used on a Panicked target. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 70% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which hinders HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))
6) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Hob
Level: 14
MaxHP: 75

Strength: 19
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 27
Agility : 16
Cunning : 26

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
4) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
5) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
6) ------------
7) ------------

Name : Dipsas
Level: 9
MaxHP: 52

Strength: 17
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 15
Agility : 31
Cunning : 19

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Exhausting Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces the target's SP by 10.)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Dessication (Type: Body, Passive. Improves the effectiveness of your SP reduction effects by 50%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Zar
MaxHP: 65

Magic   : 22
Vitality: 17
Agility : 27
Cunning : 27

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
5) Cull (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (3))
6) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ruhin
Level: 13
MaxHP: 69

Strength: 9
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 23
Agility : 30
Cunning : 35

Immune: Body
Resist: Mind
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Ghost Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
6) Ghost Pierce (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Moves you to different, randomly selected, position adjacent to the target.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Aithir
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 7
Magic   : 27
Cunning : 27

Immune: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Fire Ice Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
2) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 15 (to a minimum of 0), and you ignore and no longer receive Light and Dark cooldowns.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Haietlik
Level: 6
MaxHP: 47

Strength: 13
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 13
Cunning : 19

Resist: Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Stab (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
4) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has an 8% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Asrai
Level: 5
MaxHP: 43

Magic   : 28
Vitality: 7
Cunning : 15

Immune: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
4) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 5.)
5) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
6) ------------
7) ------------

Name : Fiery Lilim
MaxHP: 62

Magic   : 33
Vitality: 12
Agility : 22
Cunning : 22

Resist: Fire Mind Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Blue Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Sleep, preventing the target from acting for several turns or until damaged. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
2) Leech Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
3) Dreamstalker (Type: Mind, Passive. Your attacks deal 50% more damage to and do not wake up Sleeping targets that have full HP.)
4) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 30% faster when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
5) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)

Name : Holy Acheri
MaxHP: 66

Magic   : 28
Vitality: 13
Agility : 20
Cunning : 38

Resist: Ice Light Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 70% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which hinders HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))
2) Retch (Type: Body, 10 SP. Must target a character with Infection, Poison, or Paralysis. 40 Power attack. Delays the target's next turn, and adds 2 turns of Breath cooldown. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Weaken (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
4) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Must be used on a target weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
5) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
6) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
7) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 15 (to a minimum of 0), and you ignore and no longer receive Light and Dark cooldowns.)

Name : Ogre
Level: 10
MaxHP: 70

Strength: 31
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 31
Agility : 14
Cunning : 12

Resist: Body
Weak  : Fire Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
6) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
7) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)

Name : Echeneis
MaxHP: 61

Strength: 13
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 27
Cunning : 13

Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
8) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)

Name : Miodchaoin
MaxHP: 84

Strength: 36
Vitality: 35
Cunning : 13

Resist: Body
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Smash (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
6) Mighty Roar (Type: Impact, 40 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (8))
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Sandman25

Re: YASD: Orb of Power, Fire and Fire

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:18 pm

Tower:11 is a pretty solid run. :) Re: Messages. Unlike the actual save game files, the Messages.xml in your save game directory is plain text, so you can read what happened in there if you like, and if you haven't started another game since.

Granted, this is hardly the same as being able to do it in game, but at least it's an option for now. :)
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:18 pm

Started a new game with the same character, with Echeneis this time. Frigid goblin and XL 7 Ghoul made it a cakewalk so far :)
Except this is 3rd game in a row where I cannot recruit Headless because I have a link in progress when I notice him :(

I am going to ignore Agility this time, putting 3 points into Magic and 2 into Cunning.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 2/12/2016, Scoring Model: 2/3/2016
Dump file created at: 2/13/2016 11:16:49 AM

Summoner SandmanXXV...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Fire and Fire as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:1 & 1/2,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : SandmanXXV
Level: 3
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 4
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 4
Agility : 11
Cunning : 16

Resist: Fire Mind
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
2) Flame Orb (Type: Fire, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
4) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
5) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
6) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
7) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
8) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)

Inventory:
1 Orange essence
1 Tempest rune
5 Heal stone
1 Mind matrix
1 Might gem
1 Chakra stone
1 Pain rune
1 Sage's tome
1 Pure gem

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Echeneis
MaxHP: 40

Vitality: 18
Cunning : 9

Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) Frost Armor (Type: Ice, Passive. When your last action was an Ice ability, you have 25% improved defense.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) ------------
7) ------------

Name : Huo shu
Level: 2
MaxHP: 37

Strength: 11
Agility : 9

Resist: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
5) Frost Armor (Type: Ice, Passive. When your last action was an Ice ability, you have 25% improved defense.)
6) ------------

Name : Frigid Goblin
MaxHP: 39

Vitality: 8
Agility : 15

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
2) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
3) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Ice Breath (Type: Ice, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (8))
6) Frost Armor (Type: Ice, Passive. When your last action was an Ice ability, you have 25% improved defense.)
7) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
8) ------------

Name : Faerie
MaxHP: 34

Magic   : 15
Vitality: 6
Agility : 18

Resist: Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Reduces Luck cooldown by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Gandayah
MaxHP: 39

Magic   : 15
Vitality: 20
Agility : 8
Cunning : 8

Resist: Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Kasha
MaxHP: 37

Magic   : 12
Vitality: 11
Agility : 17
Cunning : 16

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Solid Ghoul
Level: 7
MaxHP: 67

Strength: 16
Magic   : 5
Vitality: 33
Agility : 16

Weak  : Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Numbing Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
4) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
5) Stone Stance (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 15% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks if your last action was not movement.)
6) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
7) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
8) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)

Name : Deadly Zombie
Level: 1
MaxHP: 45

Strength: 21
Magic   : 3
Vitality: 18
Agility : 9
Cunning : 4

Immune: Body Mind
Resist: Ice Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Infectious Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply to Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
3) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)
4) Exhausting Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces the target's SP by 10.)
5) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) ------------
7) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Slime
MaxHP: 44

Magic   : 6
Vitality: 17
Agility : 4
Cunning : 11

Weak  : Pierce Fire Ice Electricity Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
3) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
4) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Freybug
MaxHP: 32

Magic   : 6
Vitality: 9
Cunning : 18

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------

Last edited by Sandman25 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandman25

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:19 pm

Ferret wrote:Tower:11 is a pretty solid run. :) Re: Messages. Unlike the actual save game files, the Messages.xml in your save game directory is plain text, so you can read what happened in there if you like, and if you haven't started another game since.

Granted, this is hardly the same as being able to do it in game, but at least it's an option for now. :)

Ok, thanks! Good to know for next time.

By the way, is there a reason why you use "xml" extension for other files? To annoy cheaters? :)
Sandman25

Postby wizzzargh » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:32 pm

Sandman25 wrote:So I disagree that it is easy to get back into game after losing many demons.

Since something similar happened to me I guess I should clarify that I think it's easy to get back into the game in the long-term sense of things, even if the short-term is very dangerous. Missing a lot of demons is definitely bad and makes it easier to die, but if you can overcome that and actually get back up to 8 demons, the high levels and new abilities should be enough to let you stabilize and get on with the game without being doomed to die 5 floors later due to falling behind the power curve or anything like that. Losing demons does put you behind the power curve initially and surviving the next floor or two can be difficult, especially if you find only hard links to do, but if you can get over that initial hump everything will soon become easier.

As for what killed you- could one of the summoners demons have known Snuff Out? If you fed the Zar any of your life, that could have brought you into the HP range for Snuff Out.

Early Frost Armor sounds fun, and that Solid Ghoul rolled some great abilities. A very promising start.
wizzzargh

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion