Identify or lie

The tower awaits!

Identify or lie

Postby Sandman25 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:42 pm

When negotiating during links, some demon ask to identify you and you have a choice:
a) Identify yourself
b) Lie about your identity

What does it mean? If I have ice-related abilities, I should lie to Ukobach? If I have life-draining abilities, I should lie to Faerie?
I always select "Identify yourself" but I wonder what I am missing here.
Sandman25

Re: Identify or lie

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:00 pm

Basically, if you identify yourself properly, your reputation is checked and the demon responds accordingly.

If you lie, you either get called out on it, or you get a (usually bland) reputation check result substituted for whatever it'd normally have been.

What effects your reputation? Not a whole lot at the moment, to be honest... but, if you do find you're getting ugly responses when being honest about who you are, lying about it in the future might be a good idea. :)
Ferret

Re: Identify or lie

Postby Sandman25 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:44 pm

Ferret wrote:What effects your reputation? Not a whole lot at the moment, to be honest... but, if you do find you're getting ugly responses when being honest about who you are, lying about it in the future might be a good idea. :)

I assumed that the ugly responses were typical for some demons, I didn't know they depend on my reputation. Thanks, I'll try that next time.
Sandman25

Return to General Discussion