Accuracy Formula

The tower awaits!

Accuracy Formula

Postby Never » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:31 am

What is the formula for Agility's bonuses?

How is chance to hit calculated?

I know the base accuracy is 85%, I presume that Agility and buffs like Focus are additive with each other, and multipliers on this base amount.

What about the opponents Agility, buffs to the opponent's evasion like Alert, or debuffs to evasion like Hinder?

Is there a base chance to evade, and can evasion be countered by accuracy?

Thanks
-someone who likes to hit things
Never
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:11 pm

Re: Accuracy Formula

Postby Ferret » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:48 am

The formula for "bonus" for any stat is basically:

Code: Select all
Stat is            Bonus is
0                  -25%
Level+10            0%
(Level+10)*2        25%
(Level+10)*3        50%
(Level+10)*4        75%
(Level+10)*5        100%


.. with values in between the ones listed translating smoothly between them. Bonuses adjust based on the ratio level between you and another character when doing contested actions. Against a higher level character, your bonuses will be less than are shown, against a lower level character, they will be higher. Demon will show you this to a limited extent: if you mouse over an enemy, then mouse over an ally's stats, the tooltip will show an extra line showing the bonus versus the specific enemy you last moused over. (This works in reverse too: if you mouse over an enemy's stats, it will show an extra line giving the bonus vs. the last ally you moused over.)

The bonus listed when you mouse over your Agility stat is your % bonus to hitting and evading attacks from other characters that level.

So, for example, if you see a 20% bonus there, your accuracy against a same level target:

85% x 120% = 102%
(why 120%? Because it's 20% of a bonus vs. the average)

That sounds great! But.. the defender's bonus gets factored in here too. If they also have a 20% bonus, this is what happens next:

102% / 120% = 85%

Buffs and debuffs operate by multiplying the target's contribution. For example, if your Agility bonus is normally 20%, but you have the Focus buff in effect (25%), your 120% in that first formula becomes 150%. Likewise, if the enemy was Hindered (-20%), their 120% becomes 96%.

There is no base chance to evade per se, other than the fact that the base 85% hit rate leaves a 15% gap you can miss in if you don't have a way to close it.
User avatar
Ferret
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: Accuracy Formula

Postby Saler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:23 pm

It's also worth noting that Dodging is completely different from an attack missing. Dodging comes from passive abilities, and it gives you a chance to completely negate any attack that can miss. Paralisis, Sleep, Shock, Stun and upcoming Stone and Held++ make you incapable of dodging, and Paralisis makes it harder, if I remember correctly.
Saler
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Re: Accuracy Formula

Postby Ferret » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:10 am

Fixed a small math error in the original posting here, sorry about that. :D
User avatar
Ferret
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: Accuracy Formula

Postby Never » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:08 am

Oh I see. I assume status effects work the same way
Never
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:11 pm

Re: Accuracy Formula

Postby Never » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 am

oh I get it

in the (level+10)*x, x can be thought of as how many stat points you invest each level.

so if you invest all 5 points into agility every level, you will be around 100% bonus. If you invest 3 points each level, you will be around 50%.
Never
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:11 pm

Re: Accuracy Formula

Postby Ferret » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:30 pm

Yep. :D The only reason the +10 runs about is because characters have 10 "hidden" levels as a starting point (this is to keep a Level 2 character from being twice as powerful as a Level 1 character, for example.)
User avatar
Ferret
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:18 pm


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest