Infection start support

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Infection start support

Postby geminimax » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:29 pm

I think it would be interesting to have some support for a starting infection build in either hand of the dead or vodun mask. Currently, most of the infection related skills are locked to the mid game with demons like Druj Nasu( I love her) and acheri.
geminimax

Re: Infection start support

Postby Ferret » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:59 pm

Hmm.. there are already pretty good Body starts in those elements that I don't want to get rid of, but Faithful Heart could be a good fit maybe. :D
Ferret

Postby geminimax » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:16 am

Oh yeah, i forgot that there can't be 2 of the same element in the same relic :P. Faithful heart is good too. Since i almost never use it, that would be a good opportunity to start. I can only dread how hard tower 1/2 will be with all those body resistant demons, but i wouldn't play demon if i wanted a easy game.
geminimax

Postby Ferret » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:52 am

Yeah, I probably should prioritize some "alternate" side-dungeons for the first one at least, since it's so heavily themed and kinda nerfs a few starting builds by being there 100% of the time. I finally came up with an idea I like for a new side dungeon to space share with Tower:1 & 1/2, so that will probably be the build after Tower:18-20.
Ferret

Postby geminimax » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:31 pm

Wouldn't alternate dungeons at such low-levels encourage undesired player behaviour such as resetting the game when one gets the harder side-dungeon for his build?

I mean, i wouldn't not do something like that because it feels like cheating, and i really would like alternate dungeons at the beginning, but it seems that this kind of behaviour is one that you want to avoid. Do you have any plans on how to stop this?
geminimax

Postby Ferret » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:04 am

Hmm.. I hadn't thought of that, but I suppose it is possible with a side dungeon that appears relatively early.

Worst case, I could always move Tower:1 & 1/2 up to 2 & 1/2 or 3 & 1/2 and move the new branch up there too. Many players struggle to even get to Tower:3-4 reliably, so I think people would be reluctant to ditch a game at that point just to reroll (and possibly get the same dungeon again.)

That said, I don't wanna do that unless/until it's a problem. It'd be an easy move to make, but no need to make it preemptively. :D
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions