Prevent pillar-dancing

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Prevent pillar-dancing

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:13 pm

I had a very hard battle and ended alone vs a Will o' wisp because all my allies are almost dead. Now I can move around for quite a while and wait for my demons to heal.

Can it be fixed by providing some penalty for keeping the same monster in LoS for too long? No regeneration of all allied demons would be the best probably.
Sandman25

Re: Prevent pillar-dancing

Postby Ferret » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:13 am

The penalty for this is that a second group might show up. :P It doesn't always happen, of course... but it is a risk you run in doing it.

I can look into a way to mess with it beyond that if necessary, but the problem is limited to the handful of times you can work an encounter down to only normal movement melee enemies. That's actually relatively rare after the earliest floors, so I'm reluctant to change anything major to counter it at the moment.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:06 am

I can imagine pillar-dancing can be a decent idea vs a monster with ranged attack also. At least this is my experience in previous versions when I ran away and healed my demons while the enemy was wasting time on attacks. Though sometimes I needed to use heal stones so I guess trading HP for time is ok.
Sandman25

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:48 am

Pillar dancing is still a serious problem IMHO. I met 3 Huo Shus on Tower:2, one of them had Fire Breath and Greek Fire so I really wanted to get it. I ordered my allies to kill a single Huo Shu, after killing I unsummoned everyone and spent about 3 minutes running around waiting for all my demon to heal. Then I deployed 3 demons, ordered them to kill another Huo Shu, after killing I unsummoned everyone and spent about 3 minutes running again. After that I deployed my full HP army again and finally activated the link. It really felt like stair-dancing except more time consuming.

I think it can be fixed by preventing inactive allies from resting while main character is moving. If it's too cruel, maybe limit such healing to N% max HP instead of 100%.
Sandman25

Return to Feedback and Suggestions