Retreat command and/or autoexplore change.

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Retreat command and/or autoexplore change.

Postby Sandman25 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:12 am

My problem with autoexpore is that often enemies are noticed by demons, not by me. It happens because demons can move really far from me. As result, the enemy is noticed but I don't know what it is. There are 2 options:
1) Retreat with "." to turn around a corner (probably a rather long distance) and wait for the enemy there. If the enemy does not chase, try again, this time using manual explore.
This behavior is optimal but also really boring and time-consuming so I no longer use it, I play Demon for fun after all.
2) Step forward to see what the enemy is.
The demon who noticed the enemy usually moves closer to them too (unless it is a Freybug with debuff or something similar). I see the enemy and if I realize that the enemy is too dangerous and I really need a corner to be closer to it or to change my currently fielded demons, I start retreating with "." like in the first option. But my demon can be attacked and probably stunned/panicked/slowed etc. I still retreat but sometimes the demon gets too low on HP so I have to disband it. And here the problem arises - when I disband the wounded demon, all my other demons treat it as a command to attack so they move closer to enemy on the same turn. Now I may have another my demon (or even two) in range of the enemy and those allied demons get attacked instead so I later I may want to disband them as well. So I am wasting turns trying to save my demons and the enemy comes closer to me so now it is me who is under attack and all I got is I disbanded some wounded demons and got wounded too, I didn't even have time to summon anything.

So I suggest the following - add "retreat" command like in DCSS. It should be a free action like existing attack ("c") command and it should require to pick a tile (with mouse or enter key) which is target tile for all your demons so when you disband a wounded demon or use an ability or just move in any direction, all other demons keep moving to that target tile. To cancel the order, we can use attack command or autoexplore or rest.

Also is it possible to make all my demons be adjacent to me while autoexploring? This way I can swap positions with the one who noticed enemy.
Sandman25

Re: Retreat command and/or autoexplore change.

Postby Sandman25 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:16 pm

There is also third option - disbanding the demon who noticed enemy immediately but it is annoying too so I don't do it often and retreat command would still be very useful.
Sandman25

Return to Feedback and Suggestions