"Screen Glow" option doesn't work.

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

"Screen Glow" option doesn't work.

Postby RedPine » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:01 pm

Changing the "Screen Glow" option to "constant" or "off" doesn't do anything. The game will persistently and constantly "pulse" the icons it thinks you should use (level up, summon demon, dismiss demon, etc.)

I tried saving and restarting the game, to no effect. The game remembers my choice in the options, it just doesn't do what it says it should do.

Suggested alternative behavior: Pulse for 5-10 seconds, then remain a constant glow, as at that point you are probably ignoring it on purpose.
RedPine

Re: "Screen Glow" option doesn't work.

Postby Ferret » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:14 pm

Hey RedPine, welcome to the forum. :D I hope you're enjoying Demon so far. :)

The option you want is actually "Show Suggestions", not "Use Screen Glow". Show Suggestions refers to the icon glowing you're talking about, Screen Glow is the border around the screen that pulses when at low health, confused, etc.

Lemme know if that helps, and thank you for the feedback. :D
Ferret

Postby RedPine » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:07 am

That worked. I got confused by the options, since I wanted to turn the pulsing off and only the "screen glow" had a pulsing setting. Assuming my misconception is a common one, I would recommend changing the options of "show suggestions" from "on/off" to "pulsing/off" to make it a little more visible.

Otherwise, it's just a case of people (like me) occasionally not reading the helpfully provided tooltips.
RedPine

Postby Ferret » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:05 pm

I don't think I've had any previous questions about those two options; but if it comes up again I'll likely take your suggestion and tweak the option names.
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions