The new Titan's Fist revision is great!

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

The new Titan's Fist revision is great!

Postby Memed Hams » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:18 am

I've been playing this game and lurking on the forums for a while, and I decided to make an account for this post: I'm having quite a bit of fun with the new Titan's Fist.

The Fist is probably my favorite relic, I enjoy the simplicity and feeling of fighting against the odds to crush squadrons of far greater enemies. I'll admit, seeing the stats on the new aux reversion gave me a bad gut-feeling, and I was worried this was just a hard nerf when my lizard brain first read how much lower the percentages were. However, I came to discover just how rewarding the expansion of the aux ability to a single companion demon is, even if the stats are slightly reduced for the ability overall. If anything, it just gives a titan's fist player more to handle and do then repeatedly click on your best ability then on demons over and over/copy abilities from local demons and immediately discard them, which was my main gripe with the Fist initially. I've actually found myself running out of money commonly as I micromanage my companion demon and their abilities.

Keep up the good work!
Memed Hams

Re: The new Titan's Fist revision is great!

Postby Ferret » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:53 pm

Hey Memed, and... well, you said you've been lurking for awhile, so welcome may not be quite right, but hello anyway!

I'm glad you like the changes to Titan's Fist. :D What you describe is pretty much exactly what I was trying to fix and what I was hoping the fix would feel like, so I'm happy to hear it seems to have worked! Thank you for the feedback, and I hope you continue enjoying the new build. :)
Ferret

Postby Memed Hams » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:27 pm

Hey there, thanks for the response!

I've played a bit more, and my enthusiasm has cooled just a bit- I'm starting to find that it's a little hard to have enough money and power to survive at higher levels, since you don't have the deployment variety of other summoners and can't thus lean on demon variety too heavily, but also have limited opportunities for viable micromanagement due to the sheer cost of ability transference.
This generally makes it difficult to compete with other summoner builds in terms of both power and variety, especially in later game, and though the new Fist starts out very strong, it starts to become increasingly and lethally awkward to maintain, especially compared to old Fist. I'd definitely reiterate, though that gameplay is overall more engaging and interesting due to the aforementioned positive benefits of having a dedicated companion demon.
TLDR; I'm digging the new feel and sense of connection to demon management gameplay, but the creeping unavoidable costs and issues with power level mean that maybe the balance isn't quite there yet.
A slight boost to the percentage bonuses from the Aux Assistance abilities, or starting access to the mild overall copy cost reduction perk, might help bring the new Fist's viability up to par with it's currently very enjoyable gameplay feel.
Memed Hams

Postby Ferret » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:55 am

Thanks for the updated feedback. :) I'm keeping an ear out for now to see what everyone thinks and whether it changes any as the build gets a little older. Titan's Fist definitely had a fair number of fans before, so there should be plenty of feedback coming in.

So far, it looks like Baphomet's Sanctum is the furthest a Titan's Fist build has gotten since the new build. That's just about halfway up the Tower in one week, which isn't too bad for a Relic that plays pretty differently than it did before. Granted, one semi-good run or even one win wouldn't mean there couldn't also be balance issues. :D I mostly mention it to give an idea of why I usually wait for a number of data points before making balance changes on a recently added/changed thing.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:07 pm

Small update for you: I'll be boosting the effect of Aux Guard and Power by about 1/3 of their current values in the next build. They'll go from 15/15 and 25/15 to 20/20 and 35/20.
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions