2 suggestions

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

2 suggestions

Postby Paul » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:56 pm

I know you changed the start menu after someone asked for it to be changed to view the compendium from the start menu, but I feel this damages the elegant one button click and load demon used to have. I was tempted to just ask for you to undo the change, but a solution that might satisfy both: have the old click save to begin system/game auto start if you have no saves... but also have an icon you click above or below to check the compendium.

The other thing I was going to suggest: For Cycle 2 and beyond, maybe make small changes to make it repetitive? Increase the chance of Modifier demons and rare encounters and possibly a smal chance of adding an extra demon to an encounter. This would both add additional variety and challenge to new runs
Paul

Re: 2 suggestions

Postby Ferret » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:35 pm

The first request is pretty reasonable, but rather than adding more UI, I think I'll just add a new option to toggle the behavior. (You already can Escape out of save file select / character creation to go back to options/codex viewing anyway, so no need for a new way to do it.)

The second question: The amount I can actually change in those ways without risking putting balance is a bad place is not very high... but I will put it on my "think about this" list. It somewhat marches with the hardcore mode request I got recently, but there might be a bit more I can work with here. We'll see!

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions