How do I pass the turn?

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

How do I pass the turn?

Postby killjoy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:27 am

Hello,

I'm super new to text based games. I thought I'd try Demon because it sounded like fun.

I'm super stuck on the first level. It's soOo hard. LoL. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to recruit new demons guys to help me fight. One of the little guys called Gandayah is giving me some trouble. The success terms say that I have to wait 20 turn(s). But, whenever I try to do something the game prompts me that doing so will "cause your current link attempt to fail!" And, then the little dude just has like an angry face above him...

Um, I cant figure out how to pass my turn without doing anything. I tried to read the help. Section 6) Combat and Abilities. Near the end of the text there's a list of control references. Its says "Ctrl + Any Pass turn = Pass half a turn and all allies attempt to move towards you on their next turn."

This probably makes me sounds extremely stupid, but I can't figure out how to get that to work. I think that's what I want to do.
killjoy

Re: How do I pass the turn?

Postby Saler » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:42 am

5 on the numpad or "." passes a full turn. "," passes half a turn. In links like theese you can also rest if there are no hostile demons other than the one you are linking with. It's "r" to rest, in case you don't know.
The full list of controls is in the help meny under "0".
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Re: How do I pass the turn?

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:06 am

Hi killjoy, and welcome to the forum :D

Saler pretty much nailed the answer to your question, so I don't have much to add other than a welcome, but I'm glad you're giving a Demon a try. :) Cheers, and good luck in the Tower!
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions