Starting Stats

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Starting Stats

Postby Never » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:31 pm

I noticed that some starting elements lead to undesirable starting stats, not sure if this is intentional.

For example, a Vodun Mask who has chosen Pierce might consider Debuff for their second element, but this will give them 6 points in magic, which does not benefit the abilities related to either of their starting elements. For builds that intend to only debuff, or only use physical attacks and debuffs, the Debuff element is an awkward choice.

Another example would be the Orb of Power's Darkness primary element, which gives 2 points of cunning but does not have any abilities which benefit from cunning, and does not necessarily promote a cunning based playstyle.

Now that isn't why I can't make it past floor 10. But who knows, changing stat bonuses to support edge cases might

Sincerily
-someone who likes applying debuffs with needles
Never

Re: Starting Stats

Postby Ferret » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:02 am

Hey Never :D Welcome to the forum, and thanks for playing Demon :D

Yeah, there are a few cases running about that have a couple of oddball stat points out of place. :( The whole system is a bit weird. Character creation in general is due for an overhaul (that would include addressing this issue), but I've been putting it off because I don't think most people will actually like what I want to do with it. :P (My primary concerns are 1) that it gives away too many powerful mechanics/abilities too quickly, diluting the value and interest of things found in the early game, and 2) that it probably drowns new players in too many abilities/choices.) That said, it is pretty high on the list, likely objections or not... probably not to far in the future past the Matter build.

"Dirty needle" builds're pretty fun. :D I need to add a ranged physical relic at some point so there can be more options for them besides the single one on Vodun Mask.

Thanks for the feedback, and good luck on getting past Tower:10 :D
Ferret

Postby Never » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:02 am

I've actually gotten further with Hand of the Dead, with Slash element.

Venomous comes from Violent but I'm not sure where lese Terrifying comes from. (lots of Violent enemies early on)

Hah, maybe that's one of the too-early starting skills.
Never

Postby Ferret » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:12 am

Among many, many others. :P
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions