Change border color for PC

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Change border color for PC

Postby Sandman25 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:49 pm

I have just lost my character because I confused my icon with malingee :(
Is it possible to change border color from green to red or something?

Another thing is that different allies menu have different letters for different characters, for example, if I start with goblin, the goblin is assigned to letter "b" in "v" (view party) menu but is assigned to "a" in "t" (train) menu. It is caused by PC present in the former (letter "a") but missing in the latter.
I am not sure how it can be fixed: moving PC to the bottom is not good, maybe display disabled PC in train menu or just start letters with "b" instead of "a" if PC is missing? Currently I have to look at the menu instead of blind typing.
Thank you.
Sandman25

Re: Change border color for PC

Postby Ferret » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:58 pm

I can't seem to get the border color thing right. I've tried three different colors (white, blue, and green) at various times, but invariably someone has trouble seeing them. :( I wonder if maybe I need to change it from a border to something else entirely. I'll have to think on this one, hesitant to change it to another color when that doesn't seem to be fixing it :D

The letters in menus are a good point. Rather than moving the player to those menus but perma-disabled, I may just increment the starting letter by one so the letters match up without the player.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:17 am

Sorry, I was not clear enough. I can see the borders fine, they are very good. I confused my icon with MY malingee, both units had a green border but the icons were somewhat similar. I suggested to use a special border for PC to make it different from borders of 3 allies.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:52 am

Oh! Now that makes sense! To be honest, this is kind of a relief. :P I was going nuts trying to figure out what else I could try on the borders in general, but if the problem is "you vs. other friendlies", that's a different story :D

But, this might be easier to solve. :) At the very least, I haven't tried a bunch of things already. I'll come up with something and toss it in the next build. :D
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:16 pm

Thank you!
Sorry about your initial feelings, please let me know if I am asking/posting too much ;). I have quite high standards for roguelikes and I really like your game, it is literally the only roguelike which I enjoy playing. No hunger, no popcorn fights, hard decisions what allies/abilities to get, I love it.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:35 pm

It's no problem at all. :D I'm happy someone is enjoying Demon this much. :D
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions