Extensive luring

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Extensive luring

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:06 pm

I remember I was complaining about it last year and it was a relatively minor issue then but having player ghosts makes it feel like cheating now :(
I autoexplored the whole level and searched a corpse. A very dangerous summoner appeared (Emit Sparks on Tower:1!) so I ordered all my demons to kill a single enemy demon, retreated to heal (no items used and I have free summon/unsummon to make it really safe), then returned, repeated it again to kill second demon, retreated again, healed again and so on. Having a cleared level helps a lot, I manually traveled like 30 tiles before those demons stopped chasing me. Not sure how to fix it, generating more demons for multiple retreats from the same summoner maybe? Or restoring fallen demons of the summoner?
Sandman25

Re: Extensive luring

Postby Ferret » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Hmm.. back in the old days of evil, Unsummon used to require line of sight to the demon you wanted to unsummon... I've been hesitant to return to that, but I think it would fix this from the other side, perhaps.

Then again, increasing damage may make this harder to pull off successfully too by making it less likely your demons can survive long enough for you to get far away and still be able to unsummon them safely.

Hm.. I'll have to think about this a bit. I've been loathe to just slap band-aids on it directly like having summoners auto-restore demons (or heroes auto restore MaxHP, which is the other way this seems to happen.) But, I am thinking about a solution, at any rate, just haven't found one I'm happy with yet.
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions