Possibly implementing WebSocket??

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Possibly implementing WebSocket??

Postby Raiju » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:24 pm

I feel like Demon could be even more popular if it used WebSocket. I know such a thing would take quite awhile to implement but the advantages are numerous. Not only could the player play the game on the webiste, but also have people watch their runs! DCCS (Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup) uses this and many people call that game the best "true" dungeon crawler of all time and its players stay connected through the use of WebSocket. If you were able to add this to Demon, it could bring a whole different type of interaction between players besides just using the forum and this could also open up special events on Demon, like tournaments or what-not!
I know this game is fairly new and does not have that many people at the moment but its just a suggestion for the future! (A good one might I add! :lol: )
*Starts a negotiation with a faerie* *Spends 2670g for a basic faerie's forgiveness* 10/10.
Raiju

Re: Possibly implementing WebSocket??

Postby Ferret » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:21 pm

It's not a bad idea, but... yeah, this would be one heck of a heavy lift. Part of why I wrote Demon was to level up on programming, but as a consequence, it wasn't necessarily written optimally for being able to rig up something like this after the fact. :(
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions