Pyre Rite should be moved to tier 2 modifier

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Pyre Rite should be moved to tier 2 modifier

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Pyre Rite is a 60 power heal + 10SP recovery for allies, but you must target an ignited enemy for it to trigger. Right now this ability can be obtained from tier 1 fiery modifier. Which is kind of weird because the first demon that has it as a part of its starting set is lvl 22 Baphomet. And mass heals don't appear until late game, as far as I remember the first mass heal ability is Ninkasi's (lvl 21) rallying cry.
Just got absolutely steamrolled by a pack of fiery raichos who had pyre rite and ember burst as their bonus abilities. Didn't have enough damage to burst them down in one turn and on the next turn they would be fully healed again. And of course they couldn't run out of SP because pyre rite costs only 10 SP.
oneeyedjoe

Re: Pyre Rite should be moved to tier 2 modifier

Postby Ferret » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:52 am

Hmm... I can agree that was definitely a nasty encounter, but Pyre Rite is pretty restricted as group heals go (it also only heals targets around the enemy, which can make it hard to heal non-melees with it) Then too, it's a key ability for "Fire shaman" builds. I'll think about it, but I will confess I'm not feeling too into this one right now. Thank you for the feedback regardless though: even if I don't act on an individual piece of feedback, it is weight on the scales so to speak, and tells me I maybe need to keep an eye on something, at the very least.

More generally though: there isn't necessarily a strong tie between when something appears on modifiers and when it appears on a demon. Modifiers are meant to inject a fair bit of randomness into the mix: the only restrictions I usually place on what can go in a modifier is on the strict boundaries related to Power vs. Tier and status effect access vs. Tier.
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Ok now that I've used it a little bit, thanks to transpose soul, I can say that it's not as OP as I initially thought. You should probably add to description that its area of effect limited to a couple of squares around ignited target though.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:51 am

Hmm.. lemme noodle on this a bit. I'm wary of cramming more into tooltips, but I agree it would be useful information to have. Thanks for the suggestion. :D
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions