A bunch of suggestions & requests

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

A bunch of suggestions & requests

Postby LuckyLuckLuc » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:09 pm

Hope you don't mind, going to put a bunch of stuff in one post. Pretty simple stuff.

1. Expand combat/message log - Be nice have the option in game to see a few more lines of combat log, 20 maybe so you can at least see all actions in one or two turns

2. Halo Skill does not say Enemies only (maybe all light skills are like this so it is a given, but halo is a bit unique in it's targeting area for light skills i think)

3. Easy access to the option screen - Adding a button for more obvious access to the option screen would be great.

4. I fought my own relic wraith today (and died to it on floor 1, amazing :) ) but when i checked the relic wraiths screen (the screen that says if my wraiths got kills or was summoned) there was no change. Is this implemented yet? or maybe it takes a day or a certain amount of time to update?
LuckyLuckLuc

Re: A bunch of suggestions & requests

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:50 am

I don't mind at all. :D

1) Ugh. The message log. Your suggestion is frankly probably the very least of what it needs. Of all the things I blindly copied from other games without putting enough thought into, the message log is probably the worst remaining offender. It frankly just doesn't work for a 4v4 combat game, at least not in its current form. That said, I'm reluctant to band-aid it because what I really need to do is feed it to hell hounds or something.

2) I saw this during one of your more recent streams and added it already :D But thank you for reporting it anyway, I never mind multi-reports of a bug. I'd rather get 4 than get 0 because everyone assumed I knew it. :P

3) Agreed. I'm planning to add a "first time player" options open at the start of a game for first time players, and I probably need to (somehow) find room to give a hotkey button. I've resisted that in the past only because I suspect it is a thing you will usually only press once or twice in your entire life. :P You'll set the options, and then probably be happy and leave them alone. Makes me wish I could find another way to make them easier to find without wasting hotkey bar real estate. At any rate, suffice to say I agree 100% they need to be easier to find, but not sure what form to give it yet.

4) The Relic Wraith scoreboard only records online relic wraith activity: if you fought the local copy of your wraith and died to it, neither its summon nor death counts would change. This is currently by design, but if I have time in a later build I can see about addressing it. :D

Thank you for the feedback, and for all the streaming lately too. :D
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions