Intrinsic abilities

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Intrinsic abilities

Postby Gaswafers » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:13 am

This is a small idea to give each demon more of a unique identity because the only things about them that you can't freely customize right now are their resistances and stats.

Each class of demon has one of its default abilities marked as "intrinsic". This makes them unable to discard the ability, but also boosts the effectiveness of the ability to a degree that is unique to that particular class of demon(the same ability can be intrinsic on multiple classes of demon, but they'd have different bonuses). So goblins might have more evasion from Mob Cover, slimes might have a higher bonus for Malleable, etc. I believe you already had something like this in mind, but this is just another possible path. Also, uniques could have two abilities marked intrinsic instead of one.
Gaswafers

Re: Intrinsic abilities

Postby Ferret » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Yeah, this is pretty similar to how traits will work once I get those in. They're basically passives/reactives you can't remove from the character in question, though they don't use up ability slots, and there isn't necessarily a limit on how many you can have (though it probably won't get crazy or anything.. I don't imagine seeing more than a few will be common.)
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:52 pm

Will Fusing demons give the traits of the sacrificed demon to the target demon?

It would be pretty neat if, say, making a Fiery Wisp with a a Huo Shuo gave slightly different results than if you had done it with an Ukobach.
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:51 am

I'll have to think about that one. :) On the one hand, it sounds neat! :D On the other hand, it runs a little counter to one of the major goals, which was to make demons more unique by giving them unique sets of traits.
Ferret

Postby mbj » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:15 am

Make it genetic
Half of the traits at random from one parent and half at random from the other parent
Throw in recessive traits (good or bad) that only appear if both parents have the gene and you roll lucky
mbj

Return to Feedback and Suggestions