Bigger Debuffs

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Bigger Debuffs

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:45 am

So I saw a friend playing Nocturne and saw debuffs stacked
Would Debuffs be more attractive if they could stack with the diminishing returns like Poison does, adding an additional 10-25% more effect with each heavier 'layer?'

Main issues I see would be managing the AI so they don't blow all their SP trying to get that Preta to have -75% accuracy instead of actually killing the enemy...

Alternately, maybe stronger debuffs could appear in Foul, or later- -40% Accuracy/Evasion/Etc instead of 20%?
wizzzargh

Re: Bigger Debuffs

Postby Ferret » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:03 pm

The plan on the books for the much-delayed-but-eventually-coming Debuff upgrade is basically your first suggestion: you'll be able to stack debuffs to a second level, however, the second level doesn't last very long before reverting to the first level that exists now. Buffs would probably get a similar treatment.

It's funny you mention Nocturne/SMT though, as this is one case where I was trying to avoid their example. :D In most SMT games, stacking buffs/debuffs becomes pretty much required in the mid and late game, I'd rather it not be that way in Demon. I definitely don't mind them being viable and effective, I just don't want them crossing into "must have" territory.
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions