Scoreboard-

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Scoreboard-

Postby Rogueliker » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:00 am

You seem to have access to the scoreboard. Is making it publicly viewable a goal somewhere down the road? Most would likely like to see where they stand. You may have to add a filter to keep the profane from being front and center, human nature being what it is.
Rogueliker

Re: Scoreboard-

Postby Ferret » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:46 am

You can view the top 50 in game at the moment: for now I'm keeping the pull size low because I have no idea how much traffic the server my friend setup can handle. :)

Lemme talk with him and see what he thinks. I might be overthinking it. :D

I have needed a filter yet: so far there have been no naughty names, surprisingly. Frankly, only listing the top 50 most of the time is a pretty darn good filter. :> But, yeah, I probably need something eventually. A filter can actually be pretty tough: people can get creative with finding ways to skirt those. I might do a basic filter + a policy of ruthless deletion of sneakarounds. Given how hard it is to get a good score in the first place, hopefully that'd discourage it. :)

I hope I won't have to worry about that sorta thing for awhile, but... the internet is the internet, it's bound to come up at some point.
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions