"Instant Death" Mechanic Change

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

"Instant Death" Mechanic Change

Postby Ferret » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:16 pm

I think this was suggested by gaswafers in one of the stickied threads in the main forum, but I couldn't find it so I'm posting it here.

Basically, instant death effects like Snuff Out will now be described as and act like "all or nothing" attacks with X Power, worded something like "100 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal."

Here are the new Power values for all sources of instant death in the game:

Incinerate: 130 Power
Expel: 130 Power
*Exterminate: 130 Power
Snuff Out: 130 Power
Hand of Light: 85 Power
Hand of Night: 85 Power
Icebreaker: 70 Power

* - As far as I remember, there is no actual way for Exterminate to appear in the game at the moment.

Edit: Adjusted the Power values to better match the previous effectiveness of the abilities back when they were based off MaxHP.
Ferret

Re: "Instant Death" Mechanic Change

Postby Bormoth » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:06 pm

I dunno for me it looks not that strong, but maybe because I never fiddled with condensed builds, so for me 85 power hybrid attack was just chipping away. So having slot taken by ability you don't know if it would kill or not is not big understanding. The problem with those finisher abilities is they are unpredictable, and sorta unreliable while they take a slot. Earlier builds seem to have place in max HP drain, those far better with regular damage.

So I don't know is 130 attack is good enough or things like 5%-10% of max HP is better. Though it could be good as is if there is damage prediction(at least disreguarding damage variation) so I would know before I use ability if it would kill target, but even than I'd prefer it to have some sort of niche. On the other hand my fairy with exorcism was pretty effective at damaging on full HP targets but still, it boils down if demons are sentient enough to realise weather they can kill with those abilities now or not.
Bormoth

Return to Feedback and Suggestions