Benefit for having many active abilities?

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Re: Benefit for having many active abilities?

Postby Bormoth » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:00 am

I don't see, problems most passives are strong especially defensive ones, some like blunt,pierce,slash blocks are a bit lame considering there is absolute defence 20% physical block. Same with wards where there is triade ward. You may stuck them but they take too much, ofcause you may say that more likely block is better to cover weakness so I wouldn't argue here.

But I personally use slash, shocking slash or lightnig spear to good effect, in different situations. Yes I have go a bit more strength, but melee characters still need strength to not get extra damage which they would do almost always being closest target.

Also using whole bunch of debuffs, or whole bunch of high CD or health scaling abilities like agony, exorcize(really you may use something else after few hits) Snuff out. Targetting weaknesses is almost always fun, I wouldn't say any of passives adds up to 50% damage.
I don't see situation where having multitude of actives is stronger than no. Ofcause if you are one of those focused builds it is only beneficial to your Ability A and Ability B, get bunch of buffs.

But if I build not elemental damage balanced team but role based team. Suddenly I need to spread out responces over few damage or tank roles I have because others should do things they are purposed to do. Or I have to keep stable full of responce creatures, or skill tank creature with all abilities to copy for each situation(costs money so requires buildups and proper relic upgrades). And even than maybe I want to milk that perk for specific ability, si it is either fusion slot or ascention slot. No you can always go electic build and do focused build there is so little lighting resists or immunities, but there still would be cases where you would just stand behind, because from you doing nothing is less harm than doing little or nothing in melee.
Bormoth

Previous

Return to Feedback and Suggestions