A slight annoyance with stormwalk

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

A slight annoyance with stormwalk

Postby Gaswafers » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:54 pm

If you shock an enemy that is faster than you, you won't have a chance to use stormwalk on them before they become unshocked. I'm not sure if there is a non-ugly way to do something about this. Is stormwalk the only ability that needs to target shocked characters? I'm not sure because electricity is super underwhelming to me and I rarely play it. This would also be an issue with any similar abilities.
Gaswafers

Re: A slight annoyance with stormwalk

Postby Ferret » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:04 pm

I see what you're saying here... but there can be some ugly territory in Speed-matching the duration of Stun/Shock effects. (Consider for example a very slow character using Stun/Shock.. his normal speed allies, to say nothing of > normal speed allies, would be able to probably kill the guy before they could move again if the slowster's Stun/Shock was long enough for him to get a second turn.)

Happily, fast characters are something of a rarity in Demon, so this won't come up an awful, awful lot. :| Not a great answer, but unless I think of a better one, that might be where we're at here. :(
Ferret

Re: A slight annoyance with stormwalk

Postby Bormoth » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:12 pm

I dunno I don't find storm walk too interesting mechanic. Maybe storm mage with alies. But even than most times I tend to leverage carefully weather this or that ally should have haunt or pounce or any this sort of effect. Because what I find with this abilities allies tend to rush in midst of enemies. It is way I lost recruited Ccoa, which just blinked out of view and got lost out of radar and killed in peasants mass during recruitment. For crown relic it is not big deal but still annoying. And stormwalk is unreliable to boot movement ability giving least than other abilities. Like even on my thunder build I tend to use haunt, harras, ice walk, pounce anything but storm walk.
Bormoth

Return to Feedback and Suggestions