Eternal Glory sucks

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Eternal Glory sucks

Postby mbj » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:50 am

Eternal glory should get reset if you recruit an enemy with it on cooldown. See pic, freshly recruited ruler. The ruler is basically a ruler with only seven ability slots at this point, since he'll never gain enough levels to undo the cooldown. He's basically only good for copying abilities then dumping him.

mbj

Re: Eternal Glory sucks

Postby Ferret » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:53 am

This is a fair point. :) Next build, I will clear cooldowns upon recruitment. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Ferret

Postby mbj » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:08 am

Actually now that I think about it, how does eternal glory interact with recycle, consume, and revival? Does the cooldown get reset after reviving? And I'm guessing recycle and consume won't trigger it because that's just a deletion.
mbj

Postby Ferret » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 am

Deletion doesn't trigger Eternal Glory: as you guessed, the game treats deletion differently from death.

Restore Demon clears the cooldown: MaxHP loss is the only thing it doesn't fix. In the horrible event a demon died because it was reduced to 0 *Max*HP, it will be set back to exactly 1.
Ferret

Postby Gaswafers » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:21 pm

What if pure stones lowered the soul cooldown?
Gaswafers

Postby Ferret » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:04 pm

I've been thinking about adding some cooldown clear items. I don't know if this would be as additional features of existing items and/or new items, but it isn't a bad idea either way. I could see letting Chakra Stone/Gem remove the easier cooldowns for example, since that's sort of in line with what those already do. Since Pure Stones restore lost MaxHP, an argument could be made for them affecting the longer cooldowns, though that would put them at having 3 distinct uses (anti-debuff, anti-MaxHP loss, and now anti-XP-based cooldown), so in that case I might be more inclined to make it a separate item.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 pm

By the by, the proposed fix of clearing kill-based cooldowns upon recruitment will be in the next build. :) Other cooldowns (including other weird, but easily fixed ones like Reshape's) will be left in place, however. Recruitment isn't generally supposed to heal the demon, but I agree Soul (and future similar) cooldowns are a case where it makes sense for reasons of fairness.

While I was in the neighborhood, I also noticed I've apparently been only awarding 1/2 XP when recruiting a demon, so I removed that too. (Odder still, I had an exception for uniques: they awarded full XP.) I left in place the exception: using an Offering never awards XP for a capture. :P
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions