Make evasion up/accuracy down negate "Cannot Miss"

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Make evasion up/accuracy down negate "Cannot Miss"

Postby geminimax » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:10 am

I had a little idea to buff agility builds, what if enemies debuffed with accuracy down could miss, regardless of the "cannot miss" property in some attacks? This could also work with evasion up.

This could be implemented in different ways: attacks whose "cannot miss" property was negated could have a fixed chance to miss when the appropriate buffs/debuffs are in action, or they could instead behave as default accuracy attacks. Either way, this would be a very deserved buff to both agility and the evasion up/acc down abilities.
geminimax

Re: Make evasion up/accuracy down negate "Cannot Miss"

Postby Ferret » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:23 am

Stop reading my design notes! :P

More seriously: "Cannot miss" is going to be the subject of a "Possibly Coming Someday" post. I've been trying to resist the urge to just dump my entire design folder in there at once because if a bunch of discussions get lively I'll end up spending too much time responding :D

What those notes of mine you've been reading said about "Cannot miss" is that it is way too common, and it's probably the biggest problem Agility has right now. It causes too many characters to not need it, and makes it undesirable as a defense because so many things ignore it anyway. Agility may well have other problems, but as with many things, I want to squish the glaring, blindingly obvious problem first and re-assess before I throw anything else at it. :D

I'm tentatively designated the build after ghosts to be "add T:21-23 and make T:11-20 meaner" :P The "cannot miss" review/pass will probably be part of that too.
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions