Branch difficulty?

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Branch difficulty?

Postby Sandman25 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:11 pm

In my last game I got Vikhor's Sanctum and Arcadia on the same floor. Since I had no experience with either, it was unclear to me which one is easier and should be entered first. Does every branch have a hidden "difficulty level" somewhere? At least I think it can be useful to see how many floors every branch has, something like "There is a portal to Arcadia here. Arcadia has N floors". So players can assume that they should enter branch with highest number of floors first (again assuming more floors give more XP)
Sandman25

Re: Branch difficulty?

Postby Ferret » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:30 pm

Up to this point, if two branches appear on the same floor, they are at least intended to be equivalent difficulty (though not necessarily equivalent length.) At the moment though, the Anomaly is the only multi-floor branch in the game, all the others are a single floor.

In practice, how difficult a given branch is will depend heavily on your build, so I'm not sure how accurately I could display that even if they were different.

Length might be something I can show though. At the very least, perhaps I can have the tooltips for the portals give an indication of this.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Oh, if most branches have a single floor, maybe display length only for multi-floor branches. Thank you as usual ;)
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:45 pm

No problem. :) It may not be an exact indication though... branch length is not necessarily fixed depending on what other branches spawned in there though. I'll probably wait on this until there is more than one multi-floor branch. Anomaly being the only one (and also never appearing with any other branch) makes it a bit unnecessary for now probably.
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions